• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want someone to rip Gladion's theme from the japanese trailer already

Yeah, because GF totally can't just program the normal forms to show them in trailers
It was official artwork though, not in game

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If Aether turns out to be good guys through and through then I think we have found the uncanny valley for heroes. Where they present themselves as the heroes so much it snaps back.
To Aether's credit, it would be cool to have a female villain for the first time. I will say that I'm loving the new artwork people are making of Lusamine. I'm getting a lot of Rosalina vibes from her ironically. :laugh:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just saw the videos.

I get huge Digimon Tamers vibes from that jellyfish and Lillie, while I doubt they're one in the same, I wouldn't be surprised if she owns it and it has a Jeri-type relationship with her in terms of taking on her form. As for the rest, the Ultra Beast thing is very interesting and I like the chimera aspect they're going for with it. The new group I'm sure will be antagonistic at some point, so I'm just curious as to what causes that, and I like the little dragon, hopefully we get to catch it.

Also, what the hell happened to poor Raticate?

I haven't found the rumor I was talking about yet, but I did find this

Makes you think
I remember that rumor, it is funny he got that last bit right after pretty much the entire rest of the rumor has been wrong. Probably got lucky though since I remember some fans tossing around the idea of Lillie being related to the villains of the games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To Aether's credit, it would be cool to have a female villain for the first time. I will say that I'm loving the new artwork people are making of Lusamine. I'm getting a lot of Rosalina vibes from her ironically. :laugh:

That was fast.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, after watching the trailer and reading all of the information and theories surrounding it...

... What the actual **** is even going on in this game?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So, after watching the trailer and reading all of the information and theories surrounding it...

... What the actual **** is even going on in this game?
That's the thing we don't know and I'm excited because we don't have know what's going on

Is Team Skull the actual villains or is it the Aether Corp?

What is the Ultra Beast

Where did Type: Null come from?

Has Pokemon gone too far with Alolan Exeggutor

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It appears that each organization has a blond-haired member... and perhaps an Ultra creature for each.

Maybe there's another organization pulling the strings here. Who knows?

Ivander

Smash Legend
It appears that each organization has a blond-haired member... and perhaps an Ultra creature for each.

Maybe there's another organization pulling the strings here. Who knows?
I could see a lone person manipulating behind the scenes. Not so much a 3rd organization(not counting, say, one person with renegade Grunts from both sides).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's see ... Mysterious girl with possible ties to world ending threat, stronger untamable monsters that can summon minions, trials of water, fire, earth (grass) and wind/sky (electric)...

Funny how innovation in Pokemon is doing what every other RPG has done. If the trend continues there'll be a plot twist where the proagonist's past is a lie, Melee Melee Island gets destroyed in the first two hours and the final boss is killing Arceus.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think they mean Faba?

"Faba
The Aether Foundation branch chief sports green sunglasses. They’re his signature accessory! He seems very proud of his position as branch chief"

The weasely looking guy

I'm looking for the rumor with axe head dog, which I think is Type:Null
I've kept all of the rumors, and haven't heard that one.... So I sadly don't have it.

Faba could be the leader but who would have more power, the president or chief?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I've kept all of the rumors, and haven't heard that one.... So I sadly don't have it.

Faba could be the leader but who would have more power, the president or chief?
I don't think power matters much with manipulators. He might not be the head man, but as chief, he is probably the one who does give some ideas and suggestions to the president to get them acknowledged and such. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if he gave an idea or two to the president, she ended up liking the idea, but is unwary of the idea's true intention. That is a common plot point with 'second--in-command' characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This joke is a little dark ...too soon I guess

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finished with classes for today (I did manage to watch the trailer before going to them), so I finally have time to post my thoughts.

When I first saw Type: Null's name, I thought it was referring to a new type while keeping its name a secret. It wasn't until the end of the trailer when I realized that Type: Null was its actual name. It does look pretty unique though, like its a combination of multiple Pokemon. Perhaps it was the ultimate Pokemon fashion of some sort?

Nothing much to say about Jangmo-o and Alola Raticate. I have a feeling its evolution(s) will be Steel/Dragon considering that its scales look pretty metallic, not to mention the website hints that it has some sort of "headstrong" attitude, like its determination is as hard as iron. Alola Raticate's design wasn't what I expected with the emphasis on food.

A 12 hour time difference between the Sun and Moon versions? I think it's a neat concept. It seems like in the Moon version, you could be playing the game during the day, but it will actually be dark in-game. I'm getting Sun though, so that means I'm going to see a more usual time and day feature. The version different Totem Pokemon concept is pretty neat too, especially how Gumshoos and Alola Raticate are used.

Aether Foundation was probably my favorite part of the news. It turns out that artificial island is their base, and it seems they are pretty simple folks at first considering how they are around to oppose Team Skull. When I look back at them though, I can't help but think they have the potential to be the real bad guys. Lusamine looks like a pretty mysterious character, and I wouldn't be surprised she turned out to be the main villain in the story for reasons we don't know yet.

Gladion looks like a cool character. He looks like someone that will have a major impact to the plot, perhaps even more than Guzma and Plumeria. It's interesting to see that he has Type: Null on his team. Makes me wonder what kind of connection he has to it, especially for other information I'll get to later.

Very nice to see Dexio and Sina make a return from X and Y. Makes sense that they are the ones that introduce to you about Zygarde since all three are from Kalos after all. Not surprised that the device will help you find Zygarde Cells and Cores during your adventure considering it's mostly information we already know.

Pokefinder looks like a fun feature. I'm glad they expanded the photo-taking feature from X/Y to the point we have a Pokemon Snap-like system in the main series games.

And UB-01... now this is interesting. It looks similar to Lillie, and its description even states its actions are similar to that of a young girl's. Perhaps Lillie is UB-01 but in human form? I'm really curious to see how these "Ultra Beasts" will impact the story.

I know Zoroarking already beat me to it, but when I first heard about how Lillie and UB-01 could be connected, I notice that Lusamine looks a lot like Lillie. A few hours later, I hear theories being further expanded about how even Gladion could be related to the two. I mean, look at all of them side by side.

tumblr_od3d9j46yS1vsz3f3o1_500.jpg

My guess is that Lillie is either Lusamine's sisterand could be an artificial-being (those ultra beasts look like they were made in labs). As for Gladion, he looks like he could be their brother, and maybe he broke away from the Aether Foundation for reasons that will be revealed in the story (perhaps it could have something to do with the Aether Foundation being secretly evil).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finished with classes for today (I did manage to watch the trailer before going to them), so I finally have time to post my thoughts.

When I first saw Type: Null's name, I thought it was referring to a new type while keeping its name a secret. It wasn't until the end of the trailer when I realized that Type: Null was its actual name. It does look pretty unique though, like its a combination of multiple Pokemon. Perhaps it was the ultimate Pokemon fashion of some sort?

Nothing much to say about Jangmo-o and Alola Raticate. I have a feeling its evolution(s) will be Steel/Dragon considering that its scales look pretty metallic, not to mention the website hints that it has some sort of "headstrong" attitude, like its determination is as hard as iron. Alola Raticate's design wasn't what I expected with the emphasis on food.

A 12 hour time difference between the Sun and Moon versions? I think it's a neat concept. It seems like in the Moon version, you could be playing the game during the day, but it will actually be dark in-game. I'm getting Sun though, so that means I'm going to see a more usual time and day feature. The version different Totem Pokemon concept is pretty neat too, especially how Gumshoos and Alola Raticate are used.

Aether Foundation was probably my favorite part of the news. It turns out that artificial island is their base, and it seems they are pretty simple folks at first considering how they are around to oppose Team Skull. When I look back at them though, I can't help but think they have the potential to be the real bad guys. Lusamine looks like a pretty mysterious character, and I wouldn't be surprised she turned out to be the main villain in the story for reasons we don't know yet.

Gladion looks like a cool character. He looks like someone that will have a major impact to the plot, perhaps even more than Guzma and Plumeria. It's interesting to see that he has Type: Null on his team. Makes me wonder what kind of connection he has to it, especially for other information I'll get to later.

Very nice to see Dexio and Sina make a return from X and Y. Makes sense that they are the ones that introduce to you about Zygarde since all three are from Kalos after all. Not surprised that the device will help you find Zygarde Cells and Cores during your adventure considering it's mostly information we already know.

Pokefinder looks like a fun feature. I'm glad they expanded the photo-taking feature from X/Y to the point we have a Pokemon Snap-like system in the main series games.

And UB-01... now this is interesting. It looks similar to Lillie, and its description even states its actions are similar to that of a young girl's. Perhaps Lillie is UB-01 but in human form? I'm really curious to see how these "Ultra Beasts" will impact the story.

I know Zoroarking already beat me to it, but when I first heard about how Lillie and UB-01 could be connected, I notice that Lusamine looks a lot like Lillie. A few hours later, I hear theories being further expanded about how even Gladion could be related to the two. I mean, look at all of them side by side.

View attachment 117281

My guess is that Lillie is either Lusamine's sisterand could be an artificial-being (those ultra beasts look like they were made in labs). As for Gladion, he looks like he could be their brother, and maybe he broke away from the Aether Foundation for reasons that will be revealed in the story (perhaps it could have something to do with the Aether Foundation being secretly evil).
I'm thinking they are either all UB's or the UB's are using Lusamine as some kind of human imprint, compying her

It would make sense to me that the UB's infiltrate the orginizations

Chrono.

So here's a wild theory I pulled outta my ass.

What if Type Null is the breeding cat from one of those leaks. The one that could change it's type.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So here's a wild theory I pulled outta my ***.

What if Type Null is the breeding cat from one of those leaks. The one that could change it's type.
Some people have theorized that, but it's been pointed out Type: Null is genderless

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But so is Ditto?
Which means Type: Null can only breed with Ditto, which means it's offspring can't suddenly get the type of what it breeds with.

Unless you are suggesting that like Ditto it can breed with anything

Chrono.

Which means Type: Null can only breed with Ditto, which means it's offspring can't suddenly get the type of what it breeds with.

Unless you are suggesting that like Ditto it can breed with anything
Yea I know.

Just kinda had a brainfart back there.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Some people have theorized that, but it's been pointed out Type: Null is genderless
So are Ditto and Manaphy. Also, Latias and Latios should be able to breed with each other, but can't. Also, we know Mew can have children, yet it can't breed.

Being able to breed will come when it is called for. And I would not be surprised if a Pokemon based on a chimera could. But we'll have to wait and see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, how about the fact Alolan Raticate is Remy:

"
Alolan Raticate prefers to eat only fresh fruits and high-class ingredients. There are rumors that a certain top-notch restaurant takes advantage of Alolan Raticate’s taste buds by bringing it along when choosing ingredients to buy, and having it taste test new dishes."

I see what you did there

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

You battle Dexio and Sina. They also seem to have mega bracelets. And this confirms the game takes place a few years after XY.

Chrono.

You battle Dexio and Sina. They also seem to have mega bracelets. And this confirms the game takes place a few years after XY.
My favorite thing about them was when everyone Twitter (including me) forgot who they were.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This is easily the most WTF trailer for Sun & Moon to me:
  • Faticate - Looks like it has the mumps. Meh desigin
  • Jangmo-o - Looks like the pseudo-legendary here. Kewl design
  • Type: Null - Hands down the strangest Pokémon name. Very odd in design. Definitely would like to know moar about it.
  • Aether Foundation - Meh but most likely plot important.
  • Ultra Beasts - ... Uh... Weird. What exactly?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I like Fatticate. Too bad it has a 4x weakness and what seems to be a lower speed than its regular counterpart. Im still thinking of teams.

Not a fan of the Pokemon that were revealed today, UB-01 is just weird. I was also confused by Type: Null's name. Why did it get that name???

Why hello there Sina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Theres that building that was featured in one of the artworks when Sun and Moon was first revealed. Cant say for sure if thats where the Trial Captain is at but its a possibility.

Chrono.

So are Ditto and Manaphy. Also, Latias and Latios should be able to breed with each other, but can't. Also, we know Mew can have children, yet it can't breed.

Being able to breed will come when it is called for. And I would not be surprised if a Pokemon based on a chimera could. But we'll have to wait and see.
Good catch about Manaphy, I had forgotten it was a special case.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like Fatticate. Too bad it has a 4x weakness and what seems to be a lower speed than its regular counterpart. Im still thinking of teams.

Not a fan of the Pokemon that were revealed today, UB-01 is just weird. I was also confused by Type: Null's name. Why did it get that name???

Why hello there Sina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Theres that building that was featured in one of the artworks when Sun and Moon was first revealed. Cant say for sure if thats where the Trial Captain is at but its a possibility.
It looks like it's on the second island from the map, with the water captain being nearby.

Also this is cool:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
It looks like it's on the second island from the map, with the water captain being nearby.
That makes sense.
Also, I have a feeling that Type: Null will be able to change its typing.

It looks like it encompasses many features of different Pokemon types. Steel and Wooden armor, dragon-like claws, tail-fin etc. By default its name is Type: Null, but when changed, its name will change to reflect its type.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh yeah, how about the fact Alolan Raticate is Remy:

"
Alolan Raticate prefers to eat only fresh fruits and high-class ingredients. There are rumors that a certain top-notch restaurant takes advantage of Alolan Raticate’s taste buds by bringing it along when choosing ingredients to buy, and having it taste test new dishes."

I see what you did there
Honestly...I'm going to name any Alolan Raticates Remy after reading this information...that or 'Ratpitoudie'...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Y'know, I still don't like Zygarde 10

All it's other forms look like worms

But randomly in the middle there is this dog

Chrono.

That makes sense.
Also, I have a feeling that Type: Null will be able to change its typing.

It looks like it encompasses many features of different Pokemon types. Steel and Wooden armor, dragon-like claws, tail-fin etc. By default its name is Type: Null, but when changed, its name will change to reflect its type.
I kinda hope so.

It'd be a shame of Type Null was just a weird one off mon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just thought

With all the synthetic pokemon

What if Porygon gets an "Alolan form"?

Y'know, just by altering it's code to make it different

Status
Not open for further replies.