• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone posted these in the Rosalina social, think it's supposed to be artwork for that new Mario sports game.

The art style...isn't great. It's trying to be cute and colourful, but gritty with random dark colour tones at the same time.

D

Deleted member

They somehow managed to reveal less Pokemon info than a trailer with just a single Pokemon
Alola Rattata looks ugly af but at least it looks cool when standing up

"Tank Troopers looks cool"
*EShop only*
"Well, there goes that"

>Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks pack
>Has no PH content

*talking about old school RPG*
"Oh boy, it's now!"
>"Yokai-Watch!"

Bill wasn't fired for this

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pikmin 4 isn't the spinoff for one reason.
Miyamoto said, by name, Pikmin 4, was nearing completion but has since been put on back burner and lowered in priority.
This trailer didn't use use /that/ name, which just... doesn't add up if the projects are one in the same.
Makes more sense that they put this project as the "forethought" and left Pikmin 4 to be finished after this side game

Chrono.

They somehow managed to reveal less Pokemon info than a trailer with just a single Pokemon
Alola Rattata looks ugly af but at least it looks cool when standing up

"Tank Troopers looks cool"
*EShop only*
"Well, there goes that"

>Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks pack
>Has no PH content

*talking about old school RPG*
"Oh boy, it's now!"
>"Yokai-Watch!"

Bill wasn't fired for this
Dragon Quest VII is one I recommend if you're looking for old school stuff.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
HMMMM

It got Ratatta being Dark right, but not the fact that it's a Normal dual typed mon. Just like how it only got half of Vulpix's type right.

Another minor mistake and I'm chalking this up as fake.
I don't know, it's to coincidental and accurate. My guess is someone only gave the leaker the type change, never specifying that they kept their original type. The typing could also be off to mislead people so it's less likely they'll get in legal trouble. It's not the first time we've seen minor errors like this. Such as with the XY leaks from pokebeach.

Chrono.

I don't know, it's to coincidental and accurate. My guess is someone only gave the leaker the type change, never specifying that they kept their original type. The typing could also be off to mislead people so it's less likely they'll get in legal trouble. It's not the first time we've seen minor errors like this. Such as with the XY leaks from pokebeach.
I'm more going by the fact that the subsequent posts (which include the list) may have been made by a random anon as opposed to the OP.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm more going by the fact that the subsequent posts (which include the list) may have been made by a random anon as opposed to the OP.
That is definitely something I could see being the case. The more forms we get, the more we can learn about any potential validations of the leak.

And Pulverizing Pancake is trending on Twitter!

Something I'd never thought I'd see.

D

Deleted member

Dragon Quest VII is one I recommend if you're looking for old school stuff.
I don't care much for old school RPGs in general, it's just that I expected EOV whenbthey said that
And then they showed... something that is in no way "old school"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Bad guy of first game: "Let's make a weapon of mass destruction and call it Metal Gear!"
Bad guy of next game: "Let us make a weapon to surpass Metal Gear!"

Also something about patriots, and memes.
You forgot the Nanomachines, son.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At this point I probably won't even be hyped for the NX. I'll still watch the reveal and hopefully they show some really cool new games there.

But there's been such a long Nintendo drought and so much tone deafness from them lately, that I just don't really care much for what they are doing as of late. NX may be the main course, but their starter hasn't really won me over.

Oh well. Back to hibernating. My Christmas won't be a very Nintendo one this year, outside of amiibo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Happy birthday, Rayman. Hopefully a new game is on the horizon.

In Street Fighter news, Ruby Heart seems to be a part of the SF universe now.
FINALLY! Poor gal never got any attention after MvC2

Rhythm Heaven, Alolan Ratata, Snorlax Z Move, Hyrule Warriors and Zelda amiibo were really damn cool! Fire & Ice actually looked rather fun and Ever Oasis looks alright. Though the best news for me...Was the Kamen Rider 3DS game and Ex-aid trailer :troll:

Strange how Alolan Ratata isn't on the SM site yet

Last edited:

Chrono.

Wasn't Ruby Heart born as a concept for a Darkstalkers character?

Kinda ironic they'd put her in Street Fighter canon wise. lol

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Rayman shares a birthday with the teacher of the teacher of Bach, Pachelbel... the guy who composed this:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Think of Yoshi as the source.
That's what I thought people were seeing, but it doesn't look anything like that, especially when the tail is below the splash area. It just honestly does not look like it's trying to hint something. It just looks like Yoshi being hit by an ink spray from out of nowhere.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Apparently Yokai Watch was brought up in the American direct. The fact I didn't see anyone mention it here is kinda sad for the franchise
To be honest, I've just never had interest in the franchise ever since it got translated to English. I remember it giving me a headache while I watched gameplay during E3 2015 and it still kinda gives me one to this day. No offense to anyone that likes the series, but it's just a combination of that headache and lack of interest in the series that has made me almost never bring it up.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wasn't Ruby Heart born as a concept for a Darkstalkers character?

Kinda ironic they'd put her in Street Fighter canon wise. lol
To be fair, I still go by the concept of majority of Capcom franchises take place in shared universes

Like Street Fighter/Final Fight shared with Dalkstalkers

Resident Evil shared with Devil May Cry

Others like that

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be honest, I've just never had interest in the franchise ever since it got translated to English. I remember it giving me a headache while I watched gameplay during E3 2015 and it still kinda gives me one to this day. No offense to anyone that likes the series, but it's just a combination of that headache and lack of interest in the series.
Me neither, but the fact that Nintendo pushed for it so hard despite how nobody really cares is sad.
I haven't watched this yet. But if the infamous Batgirl scene gets 50 sins, I'll go loooooneeeeey

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Me neither, but the fact that Nintendo pushed for it so hard despite how nobody really cares is sad.
You make a point; Nintendo did work their hardest to bring a new series from Japan into places like America and Europe, and I give them full credit for trying something new to appeal to their audience or to a different audience. Unfortunately, It just never personally got to me in the end. For others, I imagine it did give them something new to try, but I'm not sure how they feel about it at this point in time with the two sequels to Yokai-Watch now in English.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am I missing something? It looks like Yoshi getting hit by some ink spray. I don't see the innuendo.
It looks like he's masturbating with the backdrop being his climax.
Man I'm filthy. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*looks through past several pages for list of news and people's reactions*

I am pleasantly neutral about all this. Nintendo said there would be no NX or Wii U content, and there wasn't. I'm surprised that there were actually new 3DS games at all, and while I don't feel compelled to buy any of them it's nice that Nintendo went above my expectations a bit by providing unrevealed titles.

I don't see this as any reason to lose faith in Nintendo because Nintendo told us up front exactly what would happen with this.

I don't see Nintendo rolling out the news for their new system any later than October at worst. I get the feeling that Animal Crossing mobile will have something to do with connecting to the NX, so unless they announce postponing the mobile titles they only have so long they can wait. Plus Nintendo would have to contend with holidays any later.

. . .Also the new Playstation is being revealed in a week and Fall, the season they said they would reveal the NX in, officially starts September 22, so don't expect anything super soon either.

I give it September 22-October 30 when we can expect NX news to drop.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, Dark Ratatta was real, but water Arcanine was potentially fake...

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
How so? If a regular Arcanine was shown in the trailer, then Alolan Meowth is potentially fake
To be fair Arcanine is listed on the japanese site as regular pokemon found in the wild and that list is also updated with Munchlax and Snorlax now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom