• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was expecting some more Sun/Moon news than just that. IDK seemed like the perfect time to show off Rockruff's evolution(s?) since they seem to be hyping it and that Corocoro will leak within the coming week. Ratatta is cool, but I still don't care about Z-Moves.

I hated Kirby Mass Attack, and the new Pikmin game looks too similar for my tastes. Props for Pikmin on a handheld though.

Sonic Boom continues to look more and more promising, especially with that mini-DVD. I will wait for reviews, however.
Zelda amiibo are cool, but I'm not big enough of a fan to buy them. I'm guessing now that they are saving the :4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta: amiibo for the NX direct and rumored port.

Wii U Ports make sense from a business standpoint, but don't gimp out on the features ($5 says you lost a bunch of sales by confirming no Mystery Mushroom support). :facepalm:

Everything else I don't personally care about and think are cool for fans of those series. The continued support of the 3DS just comes off as really confusing with the rumors of NX being portable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From the way the game looks and plays....its literally Pikmin but as a sidescroller....

so what's the issue?
Pikmin games aren't actually about "getting to the goal".

You explore open, 3D environments, and gather resources like food and power sources to survive between days and power your ship. You also have to be aware that you can't stick around until night time because then all of the predators come out.

This 3DS game is literally just a linear puzzle platformer, the only thing they took from it was the fact you can use Pikmin. It's not at all for the same demographic. The actual Pikmin games are survival games, not really puzzle games.

Not saying it's a bad thing really, it's a spin off after all. But saying it's the same thing is basically saying you know nothing about Pikmin (in fairness, I don't know much myself, but I played the rather lengthy Pikmin 3 demo).

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

You explore open, 3D environments, and gather resources like food and power sources to survive between days and power your ship. You also have to be aware that you can't stick around until night time because then all of the predators come out.

This 3DS game is literally just a linear puzzle platformer, the only thing they took from it was the fact you can use Pikmin. It's not at all for the same demographic. The actual Pikmin games are survival games, not really puzzle games.

Not saying it's a bad thing really, it's a spin off after all. But saying it's the same thing is basically saying you know nothing about Pikmin (in fairness, I don't know much myself, but I played the rather lengthy Pikmin 3 demo).
I haven't even finished the demo lol. Did half of it. It's the only demo left in my demo's folder but I just can't get myself to play it again. Maybe close to this great spinoff's release or Pikmin 4's reveal. :3

...I did watch a whole playthrough of the game so I know exactly what it's about. The spinoff is very faithfull regardless of certain missing aspects imo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't even finished the demo lol. Did half of it. It's the only demo left in my demo's folder but I just can't get myself to play it again. Maybe close to this great spinoff's release or Pikmin 4's reveal. :3

...I did watch a whole playthrough of the game so I know exactly what it's about. The spinoff is very faithfull regardless of certain missing aspects imo.
I mean, in terms of aesthetics and the fact you can chuck little plants at things, yeah.

That's about where the similarities end though.

It's like the difference between a regular Kingdom Hearts game, and Unchained X, or something. They share basic things but they are ultimately very different games.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I am legitimately hyped

Amiibo:
You know how people say that if you buy one of them, you're cursed to buy them all and become a collector?
I thought I wouldn't be one of those.

*Zelda amiibo announced*

And I want you, you, you and you BOTW FUNCTIONALITY I'M BUYING THEM ALL.
TWICE.

Hyrule Warriors:
*Runs to the store for EShop credit*

Then there was a lot of Ed Failiente, Dragon Blegh and other things that are boring or exciting at first until you realise it's all local play :(

Mario Sports: Sportsy Sports seems great, I have faith in both the roster and the gameplay,

Then there was Pikmin: Zip Lash and I was even hypederder

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I know Pikmin has its share of exploration, but I always viewed more as a puzzle solving RTS and has focus on management of pikmin and resources...
This 2D sidescroller still accomodates those aspects...

Edit: as a Metroid fan I know better than most that 2d sidescrollers can have more than enough exploration involved...of course Pikmin won't be on the same level as Metroid in terms of exploration but a fair amount of Nintendo sidescrollers do have their share of exploration...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo NX is inevitable now. As in, a port of the Wii U version.

And that's why we're still waiting for the final 3 Smash amiibo.

Like I thought it before but, with all of these 3DS ports, I'm taking it as confirmed fact at this point, not even a rumour. What they're doing is just so transparent. It's a mix of "the Wii U is dead but it has some good games, let's put them on other things", and "we want to merge our handheld and console divisions".

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Maybe the NX won't get a Yoshi's Wooly World port?

IDK, it seems odd. But the Poochy amiibo is where it's at.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm just waiting on Mario Kart 8 stuff going into a surprise Mario Kart 7 DLC and just being the ultimate blow to the Wii U.

That or Tropical Freeze 3D and/or Wonderful 101 3D

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I am legitimately hyped

Amiibo:
You know how people say that if you buy one of them, you're cursed to buy them all and become a collector?
I thought I wouldn't be one of those.

*Zelda amiibo announced*

And I want you, you, you and you BOTW FUNCTIONALITY I'M BUYING THEM ALL.
TWICE.

Hyrule Warriors:
*Runs to the store for EShop credit*

Then there was a lot of Ed Failiente, Dragon Blegh and other things that are boring or exciting at first until you realise it's all local play :(

Mario Sports: Sportsy Sports seems great, I have faith in both the roster and the gameplay,

Then there was Pikmin: Zip Lash and I was even hypederder
DQ isn't all local play. It's optional and you can defo get as far if you play on ur own.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I made a thing.

dhalsim.png

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

...That little tidbit is the last thing this game needs.

Not gonna help it's image at all, it'll have to be seriously great for people to warm up to it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My thoughts about the Direct:
  • Not surprised about Sun and Moon news, though less than what I expected. Alola Rattatta looks neat. I like its lore how it had to become nocturnal in order to avoid its enemy, Yangoose. Certain Pokemon getting exclusive Z moves is cool too. Makes me think that's how Ash Greninja will be implemented into Sun and Moon: the Giant Water Shuriken would be the perfect Z move. Also, glad to hear we'll be getting more news on September 6
  • Mario Maker 3DS not having an online mode is pretty silly
  • Streetpass Mii Plaza will have an update that allows you to play through the app quicker AND you can now get up to 100 people at once? Yes please!
  • Toon Link and Toon Zelda amiibos are awesome
  • Yoshi's Wooly World 3DS port was something I didn't expect. I like the new poochie system that will be utilized. Seems like a useful feature.
  • Mario Sports Superstars looks really cool. It gives me Mario Sports Mix vibes, but with a more serious tone. Soccer and horse-racing are my favorites of the five sports presented.
  • Pikmin 3DS looks pretty charming. The side-scroller take looks great thus far.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo NX is inevitable now. As in, a port of the Wii U version.

And that's why we're still waiting for the final 3 Smash amiibo.

Like I thought it before but, with all of these 3DS ports, I'm taking it as confirmed fact at this point, not even a rumour. What they're doing is just so transparent. It's a mix of "the Wii U is dead but it has some good games, let's put them on other things", and "we want to merge our handheld and console divisions".
They should port Bayonetta 2 (and 1) over as well.

Not gonna help it's image at all, it'll have to be seriously great for people to warm up to it.
I am now worried it won't be great. :(

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

A couple of pages ago:

I gotta say, I was getting some Yoshi's New Island vibes from Pikmin's graphics.

I, uh... don't know what to make of that.
Well, now I know it wasn't coincidence.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
BTW, what was the rumour where Dark Ratata was shown? What else was on it?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

In good news, this confirms that it's not Pikmin 4. Miyamoto would have it made in-house if it was.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Consolation prize.

Chrono.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm actually looking forward to the Mario Sports Mix thing for 3DS.

Seems like they're actually trying with it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Holy **** that Direct was a lot better than I hoped. Good thing I lowered my expectations.

1. Mario Party Star Rush
2. Mario Maker 3DS
3. MARIO SPORTS SUPER STARS
4. Poochy and Yoshis Woolly World + Poochy amiibo
5. New Leaf Update

Excellent things out of the Direct. They have my money yet again. Ill be broke when some of the games come out ;-;

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems like they're pushing Z moves a lot but Unless they are as powerful as the marketing is making them out to be or almighty Life Orb Gets nerfed, I can't see them being used competitively.

D

Deleted member

I missed the direct, what's new? (Aside from the Sun and Moon stuff because I already know about that... Btw, does anyone have a gif of that Snorlax Z move animation? I want this as my signature)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Summary for me:
- Alolan Rattata has the stereotypical Mexican Moustache. Unfortunate coincidence considering Yungoos looks like Trump. Holy **** they actually are giving Raichu some good attention for once. inb4 Alolan Raichu is in Smash

- lol Streetpass
- Amiibo that aren't Cloud, Corrin or Bayonetta

- World of Tanks Nintendo edition looks lame
- More shallow Mario Sports spin-offs and Mario Party.
- Pikmin spin-off looks lame, dev team won't help much. At least we know Pikmin 4 is coming in the near future.
- Toon Link getting a train in HW is cool, meh to Phantom Zelda
- Gutted Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World with a bit more content are just more nails in the Wii U's coffin
- Picross doesn't appeal, neither does Animal Crossing
- oh hey SMT. That's cool. DQ too I guess.
- Probably a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting.

Overall it was mediocre as I expected.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I missed the direct, what's new? (Aside from the Sun and Moon stuff because I already know about that... Btw, does anyone have a gif of that Snorlax Z move animation? I want this as my signature)
Here are all of the "new" games you can buy for the 3DS now.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Hey guys, I dare one of you to explain the plot of the Metal Gear series to someone not familiar with it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey guys, I dare one of you to explain the plot of the Metal Gear series to someone not familiar with it.
Bad guy of first game: "Let's make a weapon of mass destruction and call it Metal Gear!"
Bad guy of next game: "Let us make a weapon to surpass Metal Gear!"

Also something about patriots, and memes.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Missed the Direct, but I got the basic gist of it.
Everything seemed fine, but nothing really interested me. The ports of Mario Maker and Wooly World maybe, but I already own them. Was hoping to hear more about Fire and Ice, but we didn't get much on it. The skits were funny as well. Overall it seemed like a pretty solid Direct.

In other news, I want to say Happy Birthday to one of my favorite game series of all-time. Happy Birthday, Rayman!
Happy Birthday Rayman.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom