• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For a change of pace, we actually have Nintendo paying attention to Daisy. :p

D

Deleted member

I had to share this french Tweet as well:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Translation:
When you realize there's more Zelda amiibos than Metroid games.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The fact that mates think Pikmin 4 is dead because of the existence of a spinoff makes me lose faith in humanity.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's somethign a little off about the new Pikmin. It just look like what Pikmin on the orignal ds would have, only it's 3D. I wonder if it's a recycled concept.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Was it ever actually stated that Pikmin 4 was a console game? Miyamoto just said it was in production.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That no online for Mario Maker is ****ed up.

You just took away the one thing that made that game great.

It seems fun but most of my friends who own 3DS are online in most cases and only play Smash and Pokemon so no online was a massive step back

Also HWL stuff was nice and the Mario Sports game seems decent

6.5/10

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
IF we didn't know in advance this was 3DS only, it would have been TERRIBLE AF.

But since we did, it actually surpassed my low 3DS expectations just a little.

and I just got this teasing "calm before the storm" vibe just a little bit from the presentation.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also, I've come to enjoy the explosion of jokes that follows every direct, as much as the direct itself.

Keep it up, Bill. Keep it up. :laugh:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
There's somethign a little off about the new Pikmin. It just look like what Pikmin on the orignal ds would have, only it's 3D. I wonder if it's a recycled concept.
Pikmin 3 had some development time on 3DS before it was made for a Wii U game iirc, so many they reused leftovers from there.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Was it ever actually stated that Pikmin 4 was a console game? Miyamoto just said it was in production.
I don't know about that, but I know that the Pikmin game that was announced isn't called Pikmin 4 and that it's name isn't decided yet.

Was the article saying that they were developping Pikmin 4 or simply a new Pikmin?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I hope the Toon Zelda Amiibo will summon a Spirit Zelda in Breath of the Wild that acts as a companion! :bee:

But seriously, I wonder what all these new Zelda Amiibo will do in the game. Breath of the Wild already has so many different Zelda Amiibo confirmed to be compatible, but we only know what Wolf Link's feature is.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys... I got a strange email from Chase Bank (which I have no account with and am not affiliated with in anyway) and the description reads "Chase Bank Notice"!. Against my own judgment, I clicked it, and it contained an image that was blocked by Outlook (I'd assume it was some sort of ad or maybe a link to something). Regardless, I scanned my computer with Norton (which said I was fine) and then restarted my computer to be safe. After I came back, I scanned with Norton again after I opened it up (mainly to see if others have experienced it and whatnot) and Norton again said I was fine. Other then opening the email (meaning I did not click on anything within the email and didn't type in any personal information anywhere), I did nothing else with it. Do you guys believe I should be alright?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey guys... I got a strange email from Chase Bank (which I have no account with and am not affiliated with in anyway) and the description reads "Chase Bank Notice"!. Against my own judgment, I clicked it, and it contained an image that was blocked by Outlook (I'd assume it was some sort of ad or maybe a link to something). Regardless, I scanned my computer with Norton (which said I was fine) and then restarted my computer to be safe. After I came back, I scanned with Norton again after I opened it up (mainly to see if others have experienced it and whatnot) and Norton again said I was fine. Other then opening the email, I did nothing else with it. Do you guys believe I will be fine?
If you did not download anything, you should be fine.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hope the Toon Zelda Amiibo will summon a Spirit Zelda in Breath of the Wild that acts as a companion! :bee:

But seriously, I wonder what all these new Zelda Amiibo will do in the game. Breath of the Wild already has so many different Zelda Amiibo confirmed to be compatible, but we only know what Wolf Link's feature is.
I wonder what Toon Link's amiibo will do? Do we get to summon a train and drive around riding over bokoblins in Hyrule? Or at least see Toon Link doing that for us? :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

I'm guessing OOT Link will be a Costume.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anyway, the Spirit Tracks DLC is out now, I'm downloading it for both Wii U and 3DS as we speak, so I guess I'll try Toon Zelda and Toon Link's sand right rod right now. Talk to ya'll later. ^^

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yh I agree. This doesn't mean Pikmin 4 isn't happening. It's almost finished so definitely been ported to NX.

I'm so excited for 3DS Pikmin tho. Already re-watched the trailer a few times. Hopefully the name isn't stupid or boring.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The fact that mates think Pikmin 4 is dead because of the existence of a spinoff makes me lose faith in humanity.
"Waaaaaaaah Pikmin is dead like Animal Crossing. Ruined 4 Ever!"

It's just a damn spinoff that will keep us full until the main course (Pikmin 4).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now Wooly World on the 3DS....

Let's just put ALL of the Wii U games on the 3DS...

Xenoblade Chronicles X when?
That's New 3ds Exclusive in 2018.

For a change of pace, we actually have Nintendo paying attention to Daisy. :p

That horse looks like it belongs in Wooly World.

As for the direct, not bad, worked enough.

MM 3ds is cool but as stated no online's dumb.
small sun and moon info before whatever CoroCoro drops was good
No Detective Pikachu :(
Wooly World on 3ds was also surprising.
Amiibo were nice but no smash ones :(
Ever Oasis could be good.
Pikmin 4 looks alright. Which wee knew if this was what Miyamoto was talking about, as I was hoping for an NX title. Yet this fits more in line of the almost finished statement he released.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If anything, an Ever Oasis character could be a great Assist Trophy in Smash5.
Game looks much better than my E3 impression.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We have no info on whether this 3DS Pikmin is Pikmin 4 or not.

So, I do advise caution. The chance remains, no matter how small.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh hey, Fire and Ice.

Please don't screw up this time. Although it does look better already.
Almost forgot about Fire and Ice.

Hopefully it's actually okay like people were saying.
As someone who has played it, yes, it's great.

It's probably the safest game shown in this direct actually. It's one of the only games in this Direct I can be confident will be of great quality.

They literally took every problem Shattered Crystal had (and that game was just mediocre as it was, not bad like Rise of Lyric), fixed them, and did loads of extra things they didn't have to. It's extremely solid and if you are a Sonic fan who wants something to hold you over until Mania comes out, this is a worthwhile game.

-------------

General thoughts:

-Mario Maker 3DS was cool at first, but then they said they are taking out the Mystery Mushroom, and the ability to upload levels online, and that's pretty much all I need to not buy it. I don't know why Nintendo is still living in the 90's, people don't often physically hook up to play handheld games anymore.

-Yoshi's Woolly World 3DS looks like a better effort, since it actually has more content, it seems. However, one of the main draws of Woolly World was how gorgeous it looked, it's legitimately one of the best looking games out there graphics wise. That yarn aesthetic just won't work well on 3DS, it's just gonna look like a run of the mill cartoony 3DS game. The shorts will be on YouTube anyway, too. Since I have the Wii U version, I won't be picking it up, but at least it's a worthy investment for 3DS owners and doesn't feel nerfed like Mario Maker 3DS.

-All of the Zelda stuff was really cool. At first I was like "awww :(" when I saw the Sand Rod, then the Spirit Train came in and was like "CHOO CHOO MOTHER******". New amiibo look nice, but...

I don't know where to put the new Mario amiibo, let alone the Zelda ones now...

-Dark Ratata, ow the edge :p

-Mario Party: Star Rush looks cool, will probably get it one day.

-Mario Sports looks interesting, though I'm gonna wait more on it. That menu looked bare bones. At the least, it's gonna be better than Ultra Smash since that entire game is basically gonna be in this game, but I do wish it was a Wii U (or NX) title. The artwork looks so tryhard though, lol. But hey, Rosalina's sports outfit is back, which is really funny for me considering what I was working on yesterday (and what I will continue working on pretty soon. Her horse looks sassy too.

-Pikmin 3DS looks like a potential Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash situation, in that it's not at all what people play Pikmin for. Seems like they've dumbed it down to a very generic, touch based 2D puzzle game, kinda like Lemmings or something. At least it seems like a natural fit though, it's not as big of a random leap as Zip-Lash. I can't imagine this game doing very well, though, especially if it comes out when the NX is already out. It was also a really...underwhelming way to end the show. Like you expect them to end on something with some pizzazz, but no, they ended on something incredibly mellowed out that just came and went.

-Skits were funny, expect memes.

All in all, it was really meh. It felt like they were trying to get through everything as fast as possible. The only part that the Nintendo guys seemed at all enthusiastic about was the Zelda stuff and Yoshi's Woolly World 3DS.

There's a lot coming to 3DS, but nothing really stands out from the crowd for me. The only games there I am definitely getting are Ace Attorney and Sonic Boom.

Also, I was surprised by the lack of Lady Layton.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
From the way the game looks and plays....its literally Pikmin but as a sidescroller....

so what's the issue?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Spinoffs that aren't from the Mario series are always bad and the worst thing ever. Only the mario series is allowed to have spinoffs. :mad:
:061:
They say, as they go back to playing Hyrule Warriors...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
From the way the game looks and plays....its literally Pikmin but as a sidescroller....

so what's the issue?
A phenomena I've named "Nintitlement".

Let me demonstrate.

"WHAT?!?!? PIKMINS ARE ON 3DS NOT NX? SERIES IS DEAD, NEW FEDERATION FORCE!!!"

NX hasn't even been shown off fools. It's not the end of the world, even if this was the next game in the series... which is highly unlikely, as this game has a working title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom