• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
SomecallmeJohnny's FF review is out for those curious
Apparently Yokai Watch was brought up in the American direct. The fact I didn't see anyone mention it here is kinda sad for the franchise
You wanna know why?
Because mostly everyone here falls into one of two groups.
"YW1 didn't interest me and YW2 doesn't look that differently."
or.
"I tried YW1 but it didn't grab me enough to play a sequel."

I played YW1. Beat it. And the post game.
Hell, besides the damn farming to try to capture the ABUNDANT recolors, I did as close to 100% as you can really do.
And I did THAT to make sure I had a full opinion before I finally put the series down for myself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We saw a regular Meowth in promotional material before Alolan Meowth was confirmed
Regular Meowth isn't listed on the pokemon list on the Japanese site though. Only Alolan Meowth

However, regular Arcanine is

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
.......I fail to see the correlation between a regular Arcanine and an Alolan Meowth.
"Alolan Arcanine might not happen as we saw a regular Arcanine"
Again
We saw a regular Meowth in promotional material before Alolan Meowth was confirmed
Regular Meowth isn't listed on the pokemon list on the Japanese site though. Only Alolan Meowth

However, regular Arcanine is
Even then, they still promoted it in the trailers. Not to mention the leak has only gotten a few sub typings wrong so far
That is the pet Meowth from your Mother, who moved from another region if I recall correctly
It doesn't matter. It shows a Meowth regardless. Even then, considering the Japanese Alolan mons trailers would show the animations of the REGULAR version aswell, I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept a regular Arcanine to keep the surprise. Not to mention we don't know how Alolan mons can be encountered. Will we be able to find regular Vulpix and Sandshrew on the volcanos and beaches but Alolan ones on the snowy mountains? We don't know all the details

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
"Alolan Arcanine might not happen as we saw a regular Arcanine"
Again

Even then, they still promoted it in the trailers. Not to mention the leak has only gotten a few sub typings wrong so far

It doesn't matter. It shows a Meowth regardless. Even then, considering the Japanese Alolan mons trailers would show the animations of the REGULAR version aswell, I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept a regular Arcanine to keep the surprise. Not to mention we don't know how Alolan mons can be encountered. Will we be able to find regular Vulpix and Sandshrew on the volcanos and beaches but Alolan ones on the snowy mountains? We don't know all the details
Like I said they already added the Munchlax Line to this list to

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The leak has gotten too many things right at this point, most real leaks get one or two things wrong after all.

Just to list what it's gotten right:

No gyms

Yungoos' evo is fat and hairy (Debatable I guess)

New forms for old Pokémon (not megas)

Transferring through bank will be the only way to get the old forms of some Pokémon

Oricorio's entire gimmick and the fact that it's a bird

Dark Rattata

Bewear's name

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's what I thought people were seeing, but it doesn't look anything like that, especially when the tail is below the splash area. It just honestly does not look like it's trying to hint something. It just looks like Yoshi being hit by an ink spray from out of nowhere.
That's not what I was thinking but we'll just leave it at that.

No need to think so hard about these things.

SomecallmeJohnny's FF review is out for those curious
Apparently Yokai Watch was brought up in the American direct. The fact I didn't see anyone mention it here is kinda sad for the franchise
Johnny marketed Federation Force better than Nintendo did with that commercial skit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The leak has gotten too many things right at this point, most real leaks get one or two things wrong after all.

Just to list what it's gotten right:

No gyms

Yungoos' evo is fat and hairy (Debatable I guess)

New forms for old Pokémon (not megas)

Transferring through bank will be the only way to get the old forms of some Pokémon

Oricorio's entire gimmick and the fact that it's a bird

Dark Rattata

Bewear's name
I just want to see the Fighting type Abra

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Played a bit of the Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal demo because I was bored.

There's a good game in here, I'm optimistic for Fire and Ice.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know. . .I had a thought several months ago that Nintendo and Sony might be trying to play reveal chicken. Whoever rolled out their system last would steal the spotlight from all the others, so neither one wanted to go first.

With Sony announcing a reveal date for one of their systems, that basically gives Nintendo the advantage of being able to plan when to swoop in afterwards and steal the attention.

If my old hypothesis was correct, then Nintendo basically won that game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am currently trying to get the YW community together with the hangout and recommending people YW and so far its been successful.

I personally hope you guys would try out the sequel when it comes out. At least try the YW2 demo coming out Mid-September. I was bummed when little to no one here in Smashboards was in interested in the franchise last year, and it's been causing my increasingly distant activity with talking to you guys about Nintendo stuff.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I am currently trying to get the YW community together with the hangout and recommending people YW and so far its been successful.

I personally hope you guys would try out the sequel when it comes out. At least try the YW2 demo coming out Mid-September. I was bummed when little to no one here in Smashboards was in interested in the franchise last year, and it's been causing my increasingly distant activity with talking to you guys about Nintendo stuff.
I'll try the demo out. The demo for the first game was okay, but not something I wanted to get asap.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Did they show Salamence, Gengar, Landorus T and every other pokemon that was used in trailers?
They did add Dragonite, Spearow, Zubat, Snorlax, Munchlax, Arcanine, Gyarados,Pinsir and Psyduck to this list

I can atleast confirm that the first 6 pokemon where shown in their regular form in trailers

Whats also fishy is that Zubat & Dragonite where teased on Twitter a few weeks back, so maybe with todays confirmation of Snorlax having a special Z move, that could be the mystery surrounding those pokes

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They did add Dragonite, Spearow, Zubat, Snorlax, Munchlax, Arcanine, Gyarados,Pinsir and Psyduck to this list

I can atleast confirm that the first 6 pokemon where shown in their regular form in trailers

Whats also fishy is that Zubat & Dragonite where teased on Twitter a few weeks back, so maybe with todays confirmation of Snorlax having a special Z move, that could be the mystery surrounding those pokes
I've actually been wondering if this is also the secret the starter pokemon and Rockruff have

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I am DEEP into "waiting for the NX, don't bother my wallet" mode, but I'm not against Yo-Kai Watch.

What new features does this one add over the first game? I know there's new Yo-Kai and something about going into the past, but I don't know what else they put in there new.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Played a bit of the Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal demo because I was bored.

There's a good game in here, I'm optimistic for Fire and Ice.
If you wanna know exactly what they improved:

-Sonic and friends move faster.
-Sonic's bound into the ground doesn't end with an awkward animation that kills momentum anymore, it causes him to bounce as if he just performed a Homing Attack, making it easier to chain actions together.
-Levels are much more straightforward, take like 3-4 minutes to complete as opposed to 10-20. There are also a lot more levels.
-No mandatory collecting to progress through the main game.
-They're actually using the traditional Sonic springs, dash panels, and the like now, instead of the generic blue blobs for everything in the last game.
-Fire & Ice mechanics not only open up simple puzzle opportunities, but also naturally compliment the speed running nature of a Sonic game. You can do some cool tricks using it in combination with your abilities.
-Level design is more Rayman than it is Metroid now. There are plenty of secrets off the beaten path, but it's always obvious which way is forward and which way is a secret and stuff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Odd, the mobile site of SM doesn't show previous pokemon unless I've been looking at the wrong section. And again, they didn't do this to all the old pokemon we saw. Are we going to speculate about Alolan Salamence and Gengar? I don't see how showing a regular Arcanine disproves Alolan form. It's called keeping things a surprise

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am DEEP into "waiting for the NX, don't bother my wallet" mode, but I'm not against Yo-Kai Watch.

What new features does this one add over the first game? I know there's new Yo-Kai and something about going into the past, but I don't know what else they put in there new.
According to the direct:
-there's now trading and battling online.
-The new Model Zero watch allows you to increase befriending chances of the Yo-kai you want to get and lets you use an M-Skill that uses up Soultimate power for the front Yo-kai to make an even more powerful attack.
-A new Blasters mode which lets you play as the Yo-kai themselves and fight Ghostbusters fashion. In Japan, the mode has a big competitive scene there, specifically with the seperate Busters release for the game.
-New minigames in battles and activities outside of battles.

That's all I can re-call from previous info reveals, but I heard from YW fans that the second game has a boatload of unique content that surpasses content of YW1. It sounds very promising to me.

D

Deleted member

Odd, the mobile site of SM doesn't show previous pokemon unless I've been looking at the wrong section. And again, they didn't do this to all the old pokemon we saw. Are we going to speculate about Alolan Salamence and Gengar? I don't see how showing a regular Arcanine disproves Alolan form. It's called keeping things a surprise
Prolly because people think GF can only show a Pokemon with its newest form
Sure Arcanine was shown, but they have the choice of which form of it they show, they aren't gonna show Alola Arcanine if it hasn't been revealed yet

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Mario Sports games, Hyrule Warriors DLC and Pikmin titles catch my attention.

But yeah, kind of meh.

Still, I'm miffed that the Wii U is robbed of its exclusives. Especially since Mario Maker is bad without online.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Mario Sports games, Hyrule Warriors DLC and Pikmin titles catch my attention.

But yeah, kind of meh.

Still, I'm miffed that the Wii U is robbed of its exclusives. Especially since Mario Maker is bad without online.
OMG Mario Maker on the 3DS?

I didn't watch the direct!

Oh, I'm going to love this.

My stages were never played online anyway

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OMG Mario Maker on the 3DS?

I didn't watch the direct!

Oh, I'm going to love this.

My stages were never played online anyway
Just note that it's not just no uploading, you also can't get stages from online. (afaik)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feel like this Direct was indirectly laughing at everyone that bought a Wii U lol.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Just note that it's not just no uploading, you also can't get stages from online. (afaik)
Im sure the Direct mentioned that you can still do 100 Mario runs, so you should be able to grab some stages online. On top of that, they also mentioned that not all of the Wii-U Mario Maker stages are compatible with the 3DS version, so Im sure that you can play them via the use of the internet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can play levels from online via the 100-Mario challenge, and you can play "recommended" courses set by Nintendo, but you can't do a custom search for levels via course ID or interact with the Bookmark site.

You also can't play any Wii U levels involving the Mystery Mushroom. That means my levels can't be played by 3DS players, except for one. :(

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm kind of interested in that Pikmin sidescroller. I'm not really sure how good it'll be, but it certainly looks interesting

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I see that Wii U owners have been taking this Direct even more personally since it announced ports. . .

. . .The Wii U sold only 12 million units. Nintendo's not going to be taking a bucket to that sinking ship, they're going to be pulling the apples out of the water and putting them on the one that's still floating.

Nintendo may have failed the fandom, but the fandom failed them right back and they're taking the logical approach of going where the money is and leaving the wreckage to burn itself out.

Why would a failed system be getting special treatment and support?

Am I being a bit too harsh with this? Probably. But Nintendo is taking the logical route even if it's the unfortunate one.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone pointed something interesting out in the Rosalina social, regarding the new Mario Sports game.

This image seems to show the typing of some characters:

Notice how the emblems have different shapes, some of them matching up, meaning they must have some kind of correlation. Based on the traditional typings of staple characters like Mario and Bowser, you can ascertain that the different emblem shapes reflect types.

Mario, Yoshi, and Birdo are likely All-Around.
Boo is likely Tricky.
Baby Mario is whatever the equivalent to a "lightweight" in Mario Kart would be (Defense?).
Bowser, Wario, and Rosalina are Power (Rosalina was Power in Mario Golf: World Tour, and Ultra Smash, and is of course a heavyweight in Mario Kart, so it's not out of nowhere, for those unfamiliar).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just watched to Direct. Let's go:
  • Pokémon looking good. I like the Ratatta and couldn't stop laughing at the Snorlax on caffeine.
  • The number of Wii U ports is scaring me but I'm not getting the 3DS versions
  • I'm still going to try Yo-Kai Watch 2.
  • Ever Oasis still looks great
  • I think the Pikmin is my most favorite reveal.
  • Meh on rest.
While no mega bombs, it's a pretty good Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom