• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
"End of humanity" either this ties into Stay Night or humanity is a small part of Fuyuki Town
Yeah, the "end of humanity" wish is further explored and evolved in one of the Fate/Stay Night routes. The fire might've only destroyed Fuyuki City, but it still satisfied him because that's when he finally found enjoyment in his life: seeing people suffer, especially thinking about how the destruction of the city hurts Kiritsugu's feelings to the extreme.

I realized I never reviewed Birthright and I'm bored because I can't do anything before work so i'll say some stuff regarding :4corrin: and Bravely Second because I can.

Also Hinoka has like 5 lines in the whole game. Even though she is a sibling. What's up with that huh?
Fun fact: Hinoka wasn't in the original script for Fire Emblem Fates written by Kibayashi. Corrin was supposed to be the original second older sibling in the Hoshido family, but Hinoka was eventually added to the family because the writers thought Camilla needed a counterpart. Yusuke Kozaki did have Hinoka's design and character before creating Camilla. There are also rumors that Kagero was planned to be the older sister in the Hoshido royal family instead of Hinoka at one point (while Hinoka would be a retainer), but I don't know how credible that one is.

So pretty much the reason why Hinoka doesn't have too many moments in Fates' story is because the writers forgot to go back and add her to certain moments in the story in the following drafts. You can tell since she gets little lines following Ryoma's return in Chapter 13 except for...

Kaze's death if you didn't get the A support with him (Hinoka flies in to save Corrin after Kaze reveals about what happened when he was kidnapped and he tosses Corrin to Hinoka). That is pretty much Hinoka's biggest moment story-wise.

I too wish Hinoka had more screen time, and I have many ideas how she could've been incorporated in the story more, but I think that's a discussion for another time.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
In terms of what I hope to see for 3DS news tomorrow, I suppose it would be cool to see an English version of the 5th Etrian Odyssey game (I haven't played a game in that series before, but this one looks interesting) and also some more Pokemon Sun and Moon news.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Not really surprised to see that Japanese reception towards MPFF, I just hope Nintendo has the good sense to realize it doesn't mean people have no interest in Metroid in general.

I guess the same could be said about Star Fox Zero as well, really.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the "end of humanity" wish is further explored and evolved in one of the Fate/Stay Night routes. The fire might've only destroyed Fuyuki City, but it still satisfied him because that's when he finally found enjoyment in his life: seeing people suffer, especially thinking about how the destruction of the city hurts Kiritsugu's feelings to the extreme.

Fun fact: Hinoka wasn't in the original script for Fire Emblem Fates written by Kibayashi. Corrin was supposed to be the original second older sibling in the Hoshido family, but Hinoka was eventually added to the family because the writers thought Camilla needed a counterpart. Yusuke Kozaki did have Hinoka's design and character before creating Camilla. There are also rumors that Kagero was planned to be the older sister in the Hoshido royal family instead of Hinoka at one point (while Hinoka would be a retainer), but I don't know how credible that one is.

So pretty much the reason why Hinoka doesn't have too many moments in Fates' story is because the writers forgot to go back and add her to certain moments in the story in the following drafts. You can tell since she gets little lines following Ryoma's return in Chapter 13 except for...

Kaze's death if you didn't get the A support with him (Hinoka flies in to save Corrin after Kaze reveals about what happened when he was kidnapped and he tosses Corrin to Hinoka). That is pretty much Hinoka's biggest moment story-wise.

I too wish Hinoka had more screen time, and I have many ideas how she could've been incorporated in the story more, but I think that's a discussion for another time.
I honestly forgot Hinoka even existwd most of the time
In Conquest she appears in two chapters, has like 5 story scenes in Birthright and doesn't appear in Rev for the entirety of the first part only showing up to be recruited
I also find it a funny coincidence because she's literally the only one of the siblings I never used. Maybe it's my general dislike for Pegasus or just the fact they don't give me much reason to use her, she's just there
In terms of what I hope to see for 3DS news tomorrow, I suppose it would be cool to see an English version of the 5th Etrian Odyssey game (I haven't played a game in that series before, but this one looks interesting) and also some more Pokemon Sun and Moon news.
Another one has been converted!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I really don't get twitter sometimes
ignoring that, I bring up this question again, did he really think that joke was a smart idea?
There will be no spoilers for me... I'll mute and change tabs if they do show it.
Imma watch it all, I dont care for spoilers. its the internet, its gonna happen sooner or later

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And today, a coup d'état has taken place in Brazil
A president that didn't commit a single crime was deposed under the pretense of an "impeachment"
Incredible how the vote of 60 senators can cancel out the votes of more than half a country

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Let's be honest; Twitter is VERY toxic. The only time I use it is to look at gaming news on twitter accounts like Nintendo or seeing if any of my favorite anime have gained another season or whatnot (I am still waiting on some). Otherwise, I just ignore Twitter and anything that is remotely toxic on there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's your dream 3DS swan song? What do you think is actually most likely?
Like Only Human and Kabuto, a Metroid Dread rebirth, and why not a Golden Sun 4.

Let's go crazy and say a Mother 3 remake released internationally.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A president that didn't commit a single crime was deposed under the pretense of an "impeachment"
Incredible how the vote of 60 senators can cancel out the votes of more than half a country
Funny how this happens weeks after the olympics ended

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I started playing Birthright again yesterday.

Finally went and beat Chapter 25.

But I was super careless near the end and made a stupid mistake that cost me Shura's life. I didn't restart because I did so well otherwise and that mission took at least an hour.

Just annoying that I know I could have easily avoided it.

Normally I would restart no matter what, but since I am so near the end of the game and you get Shura so late, I don't see a point in fussing over it.

D

Deleted member

Funny how this happens weeks after the olympics ended
This has been going on since the beginning of this year actually, she was suspended at the start of the process but only now that she's been officially deposed. You might have seen a "president" in the Olympics's opening though
What really is funny is how the "protests"(who were incentivated by the losing party btw) asking for the impeachment started in the end of 2014, the year Dilma was reelected
And now with her out, they can stop the investigation processes on them that, coincidentally, also started at the end of 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Chicago Lakefront is now banning Pokemon GO from being played thanks to concerns from a family.

Wew lad.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Tourney mode being gone before all the Smash amiibo's are released. Smh.

Not that I thought the mode was executed well to begin with. I only remember being in an actual tourney twice.
It's one of teh things I'd like a massive improvement on for the next game.

inb4 they release september 29th

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I honestly forgot Hinoka even existwd most of the time
In Conquest she appears in two chapters, has like 5 story scenes in Birthright and doesn't appear in Rev for the entirety of the first part only showing up to be recruited
I also find it a funny coincidence because she's literally the only one of the siblings I never used. Maybe it's my general dislike for Pegasus or just the fact they don't give me much reason to use her, she's just there
Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who knows she's there or even likes her. I mean, I know she doesn't appear much in the story, but still...

That being said, Hinoka is one of the ones who should be reclassed as soon as you get her. As a Sky Knight, she can have problems with her HP and Defense. By reclassing her into a Spear Fighter or Great Lord, it gives her much better HP and Defense growths while still keeping her great Str, Skill and Speed growths and a decent Res Growth. Basically, in terms of growths as a Spear Fighter, she will outclass Oboro in HP, Str, Spd and Res and tie with her in Skl and Lck. Oboro beats Hinoka in Mag and Def, but only by an extra 5 each.
Hinoka also actually makes a good Wyvern Lord. Compared to Camilla however, she is outclassed except in HP and Lck, due to the fact that Camilla's Lck growths(which are abysmal compared to Hinoka) went to her other stats. But as a Wyvern Lord, her growths are very close to her Spear Fighter growths, except in Defense in which her Defense growths go up by an extra 10.

Edit: I would pay good money to see this happen.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That guy, 9 Volt, is even harder to understand.

Anyway, PewDiePie's joke was very poorly timed. He should have known better.

That's really serious. I hope it doesn't escalate too much.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That guy, 9 Volt, is even harder to understand.

Anyway, PewDiePie's joke was very poorly timed. He should have known better.
I agree with you 100%; that was a poorly timed and unnecessary joke on PewdiePie's part. To be honest, I don't think its ok to be joking about what he said at all in the first place... it's in poor taste and can very easily scare and hurt people (especially where he stands in terms of attention). This has made me like him even less now then I already did beforehand...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyways, I started Fate/Stay Night
Cute girls in highschool... this is such a big contrast to Zero lol
Goddamnit you two, stop acting like you aren't sisters
Oh look, an amnesia plot, I missed these! /s
Also, Zero!Lancer>SN!Lancer

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
So...

Some questions....

1. How do you guys feel about a vampire who combines gunplay with more traditional vampire powers?
2. How do you guys feel about a werewolf that doesn't lose his humanity after transformation?
3. How do you feel about a Mongolian Death Worm/robot hybrid?
4. How do you feel about a centaur that uses its own version of martial arts based on its unique anatomy?
5. How do you feel about a yakuza nekomata?
6. How do you feel about a succubus that lives with her parents?
7. Buford?
8. How about Valkyries that speak like Thor does in Marvel comics/movies?
Super late to respond, but here I am.

1. Could be interesting. Maybe a little cliche, but I'm sure you could put a unique spin on it.

2. Makes sense for a fighting game, and isn't too much of a departure from werewolf lore anyway.

3. Yes. I would love to see this come to fruition!

4. Again, makes perfect sense for a fighter. Beats tired old centaur archers.

5. Not too knowledgeable about the Yakuza, but could be interesting.

6. Okay, I guess? Not sure what bearing that would have outside of story. Unless you're going for Eldritch Abomination parents, in which case I suppose she could summon them as hyper attacks?

7. Yes.

8. Yea verily!

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who knows she's there or even likes her. I mean, I know she doesn't appear much in the story, but still...
Hinoka was the only sibling of the 4 I liked.

She was also the only one to get replaced (by Shigure because he had better stats in LITERALLY EVERYTHING) but was still the only one I actually cared for their supports. Particularly the ones with Corrin and Silas

:061:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gamexplain brought up a game I'd completely forgotten about, Ever Oasis. I thought it was FORever Oasis.

Wonder if it'll be in the direct.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Anyways... Moving on from anything related to PewdiePie, what if those missing Smash amiibo are being saved for something Smash related? Like the myth, the legend, Smash NX? :p

I honestly want that to happen though.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Anyways, I started Fate/Stay Night
Cute girls in highschool... this is such a big contrast to Zero lol
Goddamnit you two, stop acting like you aren't sisters
Oh look, an amnesia plot, I missed these! /s
Also, Zero!Lancer>SN!Lancer
Are you watching the old anime or the new UBW anime?

inb4 you're reading the VN.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hinoka was the only sibling of the 4 I liked.

She was also the only one to get replaced (by Shigure because he had better stats in LITERALLY EVERYTHING) but was still the only one I actually cared for their supports. Particularly the ones with Corrin and Silas

:061:
I actually find that most of her supports are pretty good. Even if a couple still have the S-support come rather awkwardly, I find a good amount of hers do a decent job at not making them entirely out of nowhere. But alongside her Corrin and Silas ones, I also really like her Kaden, Hinata and Takumi ones as well. The only thing about her Corrin support that I don't like is that....
Their B-support actually has both Corrin and Hinoka fully acknowledging that Mikoto isn't the Hoshido siblings mother and that even Takumi and Sakura were around then, acknowledging that Corrin isn't their blood sibling since Corrin is older than Takumi and Sakura, yet the S-support completely ignores that and goes through the whole letter deal of Corrin not being their blood sibling. I mean, it's still sweet IMO, but the fact that they could've done the S-support(also including the other siblings S-supports) without the whole letter deal feels like a real missed opportunity.
But either way, regardless of issues, I still like Hinoka alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom