• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Speaking of Matpat...

His TF2 vs Overwatch video is awful.
>"TF2 is racist because it has white people in it"

I don't even care about OW or TF2 but that was stupid especially when you have multiple different races in that game AND a black guy

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He made a video about those?

...I might have to check that out simply out of curiosity.
>"TF2 is racist because it has white people in it"

I don't even care about OW or TF2 but that was stupid especially when you have multiple different races in that game AND a black guy
He also gets basic facts about the gameplay of both games wrong.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Matpat...

His TF2 vs Overwatch video is awful.
Yeah, I think both games are great and yet that video was just painful. And I mean, it was just highly innaccurate as soon as you hear the other guy say "team death match" as a mode for TF2, you know that the video ****ed up incredibly. :p Well, actually it did kind of everywhere, but still.

I'm kind of curious to hear what the person has to say in the video, but not nearly curious enough to give the view counter an extra view as well as probably grant ad revenue...
That's too late, the video already keeps on showing up in people's recomendations, that's how I found it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So people are mad because they're getting a direct that's not exactly what they wanted. Grow up.

Also lul at people judging the NX before we even have a bit of concrete information

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The real question is should theories that are full stretches matter for any games?

People do have a beef with MattPat for that reason.
I have no problem with him theorising stuff, like FNAF has a lot of things to speculate on, so making theories makes sense.

For a fox that appears primarily in platformers, talking about his sexual orientation is just nonsensical.

D

Deleted member

Kiritusgu forced Saber to destroy it with all of his command seals. And if I remember correctly, unless the Servant has a skill called Independent Action, if the Master uses all of his or her command seals, the Servant disappears, since the Command Seals also keep the Servant around. So basically, after Kiritusgu uses all 3 Command Seals to force Saber to destroy the Grail, she disappears since the Command Seals are no longer there to keep her around.

Also, to be minor on spoilers for F/SN, F/SN has 3 paths and the anime(depending on which one you are watching) follows one path, so what you are expecting to happen might not happen.
Both Waver and Archibald had all of their commands used up(or destroyed) at one point
I guess it just "breaks" the contract and they won't have a mana source after spending what they have

Well, I'll be watching the ufotable version and I believe another route will be adapted into three movies next year so that would leave one route not adapted, right? I'll probably just get slightly disappointed if it doesn't happen but there will still be hope I guess
From what I remember, Saber destroying the Grail is what killed her, as she got caught in the explosion after firing Excalibur, though I guess what really happened was that at the moment Saber used her weapon the Grail, Kiritsugu used up all his mana right then and there (since he used his last two command spells), causing her to lose her physical form.

As for Caster, his master's name is Ryuunosuke Uryuu.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d about Saber's death.
I guess that makes more sense
Still doesn't explain how Archer and Kotomine were ressurrected but I can't just expect to get answers without having to go through some more suffering

Tails is gay? Nice joke mate.

This is coming from a shipper.
Can't wait for the "Is Tails straight?" theory, these Tails theories should be their own series tbh
And don't forget about Jasper's obsession with power also ties into her wanting to be with Lapis again despite how she trapped her under the ocean in the first place just to protect Steven. Many fans have compared that scene as an allegory of toxic abusive relationships and Stockholm Syndrome (Like Jasper's thirst to become Malachite with Lapis again and that fusion addition moving into withdrawal territory). She even laments this when the Corrupted Gem she fused with ran away after their defeat at the hands of Smokey Quartz. "Everyone I fuse with, never wants to stay with me."

Poor Buff Cheeto Puff. :(
The abusive part comes from Jasper though
And well, when you're an abusive ******, people leave you

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
lol. Some chick I follow on twitter makes commentaries and she made one about some douche who's kinkshaming deviantarts expecting a ****storm. The kinkshamer sent all his fans to go to her video and yell "ARE YOU TRIGGERED YOU AUTISTIC ****** FUR ****** DEGENERATIVE" while she's just laughing her ass off about it while highlighting her favourite hate comments

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Out of all the rumours, this is the one I want to be true the most. It's so ****ing dumb that region locking is a thing
I agree.

On the other hand, one of the rumours I want to be true the least is the NX having 32GB of storage, w/ 64GB possibly being on the final retail version.

Please no Nintendo. Just give us 500GB like the other big two have been.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Been away for a bit, so I'm late for the topic, but I like to answer questions.
What do you consider a good review score?
My rating system goes:
1: Atrocious
2: Terrible
3: Bad
4: Below Average
5: Average
6: Above Average
7: Good
8: Great
9: Awesome
10: Legendary

Anything with a seven or above, on my system, is worth my time.
So...

Some questions....

1. How do you guys feel about a vampire who combines gunplay with more traditional vampire powers?
2. How do you guys feel about a werewolf that doesn't lose his humanity after transformation?
3. How do you feel about a Mongolian Death Worm/robot hybrid?
4. How do you feel about a centaur that uses its own version of martial arts based on its unique anatomy?
5. How do you feel about a yakuza nekomata?
6. How do you feel about a succubus that lives with her parents?
7. Buford?
8. How about Valkyries that speak like Thor does in Marvel comics/movies?
1) Reminds me of the Underworld movies. Pretty cool, I guess.
2) Reminds me of Teen Wolf. Pretty cool.
3) WMD. Worm of Mass Destruction.
4) So, a horse-man/man-horse with a black belt? Isn't this a kink some people have?
5) So, a gangster cat with a split tail? Sounds like somone's edgy fursona.
6) I mean, I don't think there is anything wrong with living with your parents. As long as she doesn't act like a succubus with them.
7) I have an uncle named Buford. He's pretty cool. There's also a city in Georgia named Buford. Never been there.
8) Thor's language in the movies are a lot better when compared to the comics, so it should be fine as long as it doesn't become too much.

All-in-all, some pretty interesting questions you got there, Swamp. Lots of supernatural/mythological questions. You plan on writing about something and you're asking us our opinions about the characters' archetypes? Don't know if you answered this type of question, but I'm a bit behind, and I'm not interested in going back and reading through ten or so pages looking for it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Apparently the PS4 slim's already ripe for stores, and a journalist who reported it is getting lynched for it and accusations she just made a 3D print. Christ, I thought death threats for reporting on NMS's delay was bad enough, but this is starting to take the cake

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Out of all the rumours, this is the one I want to be true the most. It's so ****ing dumb that region locking is a thing
>Be me
>Buy Sonic Unleashed PS3 from Amazon UK
>Also buy a promo copy for collection purposes on eBay
>Amazon UK sends me a US copy???
>"That's fine, PS3 is region free, right?"
>Play the game happily for a month or so with the American region disc
>Decide I want to buy the €20 worth of DLC
>Install it and boot up the game
>It's not showing up
>Look up the problem on the interwebz
>Downloadable content for PS3 is region locked. If you download content for a game on a UK/Ireland account, you must play it on a PAL copy of the game for it to show up.
>"That's fine, I'll stick in my disc for the promo copy."
>Boot it up
>It's a blank save file, it's not reading my save data
>"Save files are also region locked, you can't play an NTSC save file on a PAL copy"
>FUUUUUUUUU-...I wasted €20
>But wait, I am leet hAx0R, I can get around this
>Figure out a way to convert save files to a different region
>Convert my NTSC save file to a PAL save file
>Now my DLC shows up on the PAL copy, save file intact just how it was on the NTSC copy
>Crisis averted

Any and all region locking needs to go though, it's so anti-consumer.

I think I will casually hang about here again until the 3DS direct comes up. I can't get my main gamer friend to talk about anything for the past month or so, he's been depressed about something. T_T

Burruni

Smash Hero
http://comicbook.com/2016/08/29/could-a-new-danny-phantom-series-be-in-the-works-after-10-years-/

Now Danny Phantom might be revived. Not something I'm interested in, but that artwork sure looks cool.
Danny Phantom was ****ing gold. Not interested until they confirm the writers know what they're doing
This.
And.... honestly.
I don't know how I feel about the art style's change being almost on levels of American Dragon Jake Long seasons 1 to 2.
And... those.... new designs.... giving them tools to make them more capable of active roles is great but I really don't know how I feel about Hipster Tucker and Edgy OC Sam.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I've only bought one Japan game (Tingle's Balloon Fight DS), I have no desire to want anymore region-exclusive games.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Both Waver and Archibald had all of their commands used up(or destroyed) at one point
I guess it just "breaks" the contract and they won't have a mana source after spending what they have

Well, I'll be watching the ufotable version and I believe another route will be adapted into three movies next year so that would leave one route not adapted, right? I'll probably just get slightly disappointed if it doesn't happen but there will still be hope I guess

I guess that makes more sense
Still doesn't explain how Archer and Kotomine were ressurrected but I can't just expect to get answers without having to go through some more suffering
Kirei is resurrected at the end because the Holy Grail appeared to him in his final moments. Because he despised Kiritsugu, Kirei touched the grail and wished for the end of humanity, leading to that great fire in the final episode. The sludge-like liquid engulfed Kirei at one point and revived him by giving him an artificial, black heart. It's never really explained how Gilgamesh was revived, but I guess that he was revived for similar reasons: the sludge gave him some sort of way to live on in the world.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This.
And.... honestly.
I don't know how I feel about the art style's change being almost on levels of American Dragon Jake Long seasons 1 to 2.
And... those.... new designs.... giving them tools to make them more capable of active roles is great but I really don't know how I feel about Hipster Tucker and Edgy OC Sam.
American Dragon Jake Long's art shift was so bizzare. I remember turning on the TV as a kid and seeing commercials for it and just thinking, "The heck...?".

>Be me
>Buy Sonic Unleashed PS3 from Amazon UK
>Also buy a promo copy for collection purposes on eBay
>Amazon UK sends me a US copy???
>"That's fine, PS3 is region free, right?"
>Play the game happily for a month or so with the American region disc
>Decide I want to buy the €20 worth of DLC
>Install it and boot up the game
>It's not showing up
>Look up the problem on the interwebz
>Downloadable content for PS3 is region locked. If you download content for a game on a UK/Ireland account, you must play it on a PAL copy of the game for it to show up.
>"That's fine, I'll stick in my disc for the promo copy."
>Boot it up
>It's a blank save file, it's not reading my save data
>"Save files are also region locked, you can't play an NTSC save file on a PAL copy"
>FUUUUUUUUU-...I wasted €20
>But wait, I am leet hAx0R, I can get around this
>Figure out a way to convert save files to a different region
>Convert my NTSC save file to a PAL save file
>Now my DLC shows up on the PAL copy, save file intact just how it was on the NTSC copy
>Crisis averted

Any and all region locking needs to go though, it's so anti-consumer.

I think I will casually hang about here again until the 3DS direct comes up. I can't get my main gamer friend to talk about anything for the past month or so, he's been depressed about something. T_T
Oh hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened to your avatar?

Before Iwata's death, he did say he wanted to play around with the idea of a region free system which isn't a bad idea

Hell it'll be perfect for games like Yakuza and Taiko Drum Master that don't get localize
But will it give developers more excuses to avoid localization?

Anyway, saw this and thought, "Grandmaster Black would like this".

qtdejshoblx1pqsnn0e8.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
D

Deleted member

Kirei is resurrected at the end because the Holy Grail appeared to him in his final moments. Because he despised Kiritsugu, Kirei touched the grail and wished for the end of humanity, leading to that great fire in the final episode. The sludge-like liquid engulfed Kirei at one point and revived him by giving him an artificial, black heart. It's never really explained how Gilgamesh was revived, but I guess that he was revived for similar reasons: the sludge gave him some sort of way to live on in the world.
"End of humanity" either this ties into Stay Night or humanity is a small part of Fuyuki Town
The same source that says NX will be region free (Emily Rogers) says that 3DS will be suuported until 2018

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/recap-of-nx-hardware-details/

3DS is barely being supported into 2017 so I have no idea how he **** it will reach 2018 without backwards ports or some weird ****.
:061:
There are still plenty of games being released on it though, it's not like the Wii U which only has Color Splash and Zelda
Also, EOV will be enough to sustain it in 2017, obviously

Burruni

Smash Hero
So...
Replaying X....
Something hit me.
One of the NPCs in the Mega Evolution tower say that the first historical example of Mega Evolution was of a trainer and a Lucario really long ago who is the ancestor to Gurkinn and Korrina.
This would tie it to Kalos... or... if old enough.. AZOTH, the kingdom all but purged due to its massive war being put to an end by the massive energy weapon thing.
That lead me to thinking...

What if they're retconning this film's entire war to be part of this overarching plot thing of the Gen 6 AZOTH reboot thing.

...I'm sure I'm not the only one who's posted about these kinds of things, but specifically the implied history between him and Mew, the pokemon whose DNA holds that of all Pokemon, would be a possible trigger for the creation of the first Mega Stone.

Guess we gotta wait for Temporal Diamond and Cosmic Pearl for the answers.

American Dragon Jake Long's art shift was so bizzare. I remember turning on the TV as a kid and seeing commercials for it and just thinking, "The heck...?".
Yo I've been posting more than DAILY that's on you.
I was one of the #SwampSquad!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The same source that says NX will be region free (Emily Rogers) says that 3DS will be suuported until 2018

3DS is barely being supported into 2017 so I have no idea how he **** it will reach 2018 without backwards ports or some weird ****.
Dragon Quest 11, any other future Gen 7 Pokemon games and the 3DS is still a strong system.

Killing it off around the launch of the NX hurts it more the Wii U since that one is a success and you can easily ride off of it atleast for 2018.

Killing it now does nothing. The DS still got content even when the 3DS dropped and lasted until the end of 2012.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Dragon Quest 11, any other future Gen 7 Pokemon games and the 3DS is still a strong system.

Killing it off around the launch of the NX hurts it more the Wii U since that one is a success and you can easily ride off of it atleast for 2018.

Killing it now does nothing. The DS still got content even when the 3DS dropped and lasted until the end of 2012.
Not to mention Snack World, Megaton Musashi and Lady Layton are coming, 3DS has lots of games going for it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I would wager 3DS could last to 2018 through Japanese games that have yet to be localised. Yokai-Watch 3 being an example of one, as well as Etrian Odyssey games. They might have a few smaller spin-offs in the pipeline for it as well. It's also a cheaper option compared to NX, so I could see some people still picking it up if they haven't already. There's also stuff like the Badge Arcade and StreetPass Plaza which still seem to get new content, as well as the Theme Shop.

"Support" doesn't necessarily mean it will still get tons of big games, it just means new content will continue to come to 3DS in some shape or form.

That's assuming this is even true though, these rumours are beyond tedious at this point...

I just don't really log onto Smashboards anymore. Mostly only check the news, so I just sort of purged most of my details and custom stuff on my account.

I'm just back here for now because I'm doing some really tedious 3D modeling stuff and want to sort of see some thoughts on stuff on the upcoming Direct and what not while I'm at it. Normally I would discuss it with a particular friend of mine but he's depressed as of late and I can hardly get a word out of him for actual discussion, most I can do is check up on him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...
Replaying X....
Something hit me.
One of the NPCs in the Mega Evolution tower say that the first historical example of Mega Evolution was of a trainer and a Lucario really long ago who is the ancestor to Gurkinn and Korrina.
This would tie it to Kalos... or... if old enough.. AZOTH, the kingdom all but purged due to its massive war being put to an end by the massive energy weapon thing.
That lead me to thinking...

What if they're retconning this film's entire war to be part of this overarching plot thing of the Gen 6 AZOTH reboot thing.

...I'm sure I'm not the only one who's posted about these kinds of things, but specifically the implied history between him and Mew, the pokemon whose DNA holds that of all Pokemon, would be a possible trigger for the creation of the first Mega Stone.

Guess we gotta wait for Temporal Diamond and Cosmic Pearl for the answers.

Yo I've been posting more than DAILY that's on you.
I was one of the #SwampSquad!
Imagine if they actually made the best Pokemon movie canon
That'd be hype

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom