• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Great History Lessons. I need more of that

As an update, wifi hopping sucks and I'm officially dropping Verizon because theory ****ty business practices are ****ty.

Bah.
I would too but I remember ATT is awful with its internet

And nobody uses T-Mobile except my sister in law who's only on her parents' phone plan

I might be the only person in the world that doesn't have any Amiibo's and is not interested in them.
I don't mind them and I really don't care about it but I just want a :4littlemac: & :4wiifit: but Nintendo only restocked one of them and it isn't even worth it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the remake of Disney's Castle of Illusion is going to be delisted in two days. You can get the Steam version of it for the VERY low price of $2.24 on Humble Bundle's website.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/castle-of-illusion?hmb_source=search_bar
I haven't played it, but since it's going to be delisted and is available for dirt cheap, I suggest getting it.
Oh wow.

It pays to wander in here on occasion. Would have missed this otherwise.

The Android version is also available for free on Amazon Underground, so there's that too.

----

Regarding the Direct, if they don't give us a date for when they will announce the NX proper at the very end of it (like they did with the last Smash Direct), I will lose all faith in Nintendo as a corporate business (not as a developer). They would have to literally be trying to make bad decisions to not actually do that.

Yes, I know they said "no NX information" but that doesn't rule out them announcing a date for when they will give us NX information, at the tail end of it.

Other than that, I really don't know what to expect other than going over 3DS games we know about already in more detail. Hope they have some nice surprises, but I don't expect much right now.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also I can't fact check because wifi hopping, but apparently Squirrel Girl's gonna be in the MCU now because of the New Warriors tv show.

Sadly that'd probably mean Anna Kendrick can't play her though. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As an update, wifi hopping sucks and I'm officially dropping Verizon because theory ****ty business practices are ****ty.

Bah.
If you are talking TV and Internet they are good, if phones, go Metro PCS
-------
Who knew a vocaloid song called "The Necrophile's Bride" would be so amazing
-----
I might be the only person in the world that doesn't have any Amiibo's and is not interested in them.
I only care for the better looking Animal Crossing Amiibos and I got them all so Im good

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*sigh* Even with Federation Force and the compatibilty of the Samus amiibo it STILL hasn't been restocked....literally just want Samus (and Cloud whenever the hell he comes out) (and maaaaaybe BotW amiibos) and I'll be done with all amiibos....

(unless they make a Ridley amiibo....or sumthin)

Reminds me of an idea I had once of a massive 1 ft tall Kraid amiibo....would be amazing (and expensive as ****) but it would never happen....

Also I can't fact check because wifi hopping, but apparently Squirrel Girl's gonna be in the MCU now because of the New Warriors tv show.

Sadly that'd probably mean Anna Kendrick can't play her though. :p
Wait. New Warriors? As in the "New Warriors that essentially were the catalyst for the Civil War" New Warriors?

Although giving them a tv show is pretty ironic.
:061:

D

Deleted member

The only amiibo I currently own is the Wolf Link + Midna one that came bundled with Twilight Princess HD. I might get some of the others, but I don't want to get too hooked on collecting them.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Anyways, I finished Fate/Zero, time for some thoughts
Well, those were some weird fonal two episodes
I'm curious to see how things will develop to the surviving characters in Stay Night

Kiritsugu trying to destroy the Grail after realizing what it really does but triggering Kotomine's "wish" in the process. I'm confused as to whether that really was Kotomine's wish or just a side effect of trying to destroy it

Kotomine survives... somehow. I guess he a zombie now, and so is Archer
****ing Archer, killed the best character why did he have to survive? Also, fanservice, yay I guess. I mean, he IS a big ****

The Kariya plot has suffering as its payoff. Well, I came into this series knowing it was all about that suffering but still, that was just too much for me. Sakura got completely brainwashed so my bet is that she is going to be an antagonist in SN. Berserker didn't hate Saber, he actually respected her, I guess that would be her new motivation to getting the Grail in SN.

Speaking of Saber, poor girl had to not only watch as the Grail was destroyed but was also forced to do it herself. She didn't fully know about it, but **** man, she thought it was the one thing that could save her kingdom.
Dunno how she died though, I guess Grail blood fell on her off-screen or smth?

Oh ****, Kotomine gave that dagger to Rin, this is not okay
I'm betting on a serious RinXSakura confrontation in SN, the tears estimate is off the charts

Every scene with Waver just makes me feel bad because I remember on how him and Rider were the ones who got the closest. Most of the other Servants and Masters were either indifferent towards each other or just outright hated them(with the only exceptions being Caster and that-guy-I-forgot-the-name and Kotomine and Archer, though that as mostly just entertainment for Archer), but the two really grew as friends.

So, conclusions
"Kiritusgu is a ****" counter: 20
"Kotomine is a ****" counter: as many bullets to the face he survived, how is this even possible?
"Archer is a ****" counter: the amount of tears I cried when Rider died
Final score: 0/10 killed Rider what's even the ****ing point
Real score is 8.5/10 btw
Kiritusgu forced Saber to destroy it with all of his command seals. And if I remember correctly, unless the Servant has a skill called Independent Action, if the Master uses all of his or her command seals, the Servant disappears, since the Command Seals also keep the Servant around. So basically, after Kiritusgu uses all 3 Command Seals to force Saber to destroy the Grail, she disappears since the Command Seals are no longer there to keep her around.

Also, to be minor on spoilers for F/SN, F/SN has 3 paths and the anime(depending on which one you are watching) follows one path, so what you are expecting to happen might not happen.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Tails is gay? Nice joke mate.

This is coming from a shipper.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Anyways, I finished Fate/Zero, time for some thoughts
Well, those were some weird fonal two episodes
I'm curious to see how things will develop to the surviving characters in Stay Night

Kiritsugu trying to destroy the Grail after realizing what it really does but triggering Kotomine's "wish" in the process. I'm confused as to whether that really was Kotomine's wish or just a side effect of trying to destroy it

Kotomine survives... somehow. I guess he a zombie now, and so is Archer
****ing Archer, killed the best character why did he have to survive? Also, fanservice, yay I guess. I mean, he IS a big ****

The Kariya plot has suffering as its payoff. Well, I came into this series knowing it was all about that suffering but still, that was just too much for me. Sakura got completely brainwashed so my bet is that she is going to be an antagonist in SN. Berserker didn't hate Saber, he actually respected her, I guess that would be her new motivation to getting the Grail in SN.

Speaking of Saber, poor girl had to not only watch as the Grail was destroyed but was also forced to do it herself. She didn't fully know about it, but **** man, she thought it was the one thing that could save her kingdom.
Dunno how she died though, I guess Grail blood fell on her off-screen or smth?

Oh ****, Kotomine gave that dagger to Rin, this is not okay
I'm betting on a serious RinXSakura confrontation in SN, the tears estimate is off the charts

Every scene with Waver just makes me feel bad because I remember on how him and Rider were the ones who got the closest. Most of the other Servants and Masters were either indifferent towards each other or just outright hated them(with the only exceptions being Caster and that-guy-I-forgot-the-name and Kotomine and Archer, though that as mostly just entertainment for Archer), but the two really grew as friends.

So, conclusions
"Kiritusgu is a ****" counter: 20
"Kotomine is a ****" counter: as many bullets to the face he survived, how is this even possible?
"Archer is a ****" counter: the amount of tears I cried when Rider died
Final score: 0/10 killed Rider what's even the ****ing point
Real score is 8.5/10 btw
From what I remember, Saber destroying the Grail is what killed her, as she got caught in the explosion after firing Excalibur, though I guess what really happened was that at the moment Saber used her weapon the Grail, Kiritsugu used up all his mana right then and there (since he used his last two command spells), causing her to lose her physical form.

As for Caster, his master's name is Ryuunosuke Uryuu.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d about Saber's death.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Tails is gay? Nice joke mate.

This is coming from a shipper.
While I could see Tails being bi, namely due to his idolization of Sonic, so far the games and general media have not shown him anything other than asexual or straight. Although maybe there's a few alternate dimension versions of him that may be, which is hardly impossible anyway.

I rememver back when I didn't even remotely care for amiibo. Had no reason to care.

Then i bought a samus amoibo simply because i loked metroid. And then a Shulk one. .. and then (regretfully) an inkling girl.

And now here I am wanting Cloud, Roy, and all 3 KI characters.

Help.
:061:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tails is asexual.

He's eight years old, he probably doesn't even know what a sexuality is.

Seriously.

No, his relationship with Cosmo in Sonic X was not sexual, it was romantic. You can have one without the other.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just found this awesome list on Reddit on how to watch the WWE Network chronologically.

I don't have a subscription yet... but as I'm currently taking a sick day from work, I can see myself getting one.

Even after I took everything out bar RAW, Smackdown, PPVs and NXT, there's still 1,978 items on the list (if I start from RAW 1997).

Welp. Better get watching.

EDIT: Also, I haven't watched wrestling in years. I started watching at the birth of Evolution and stopped in maybe... 2007ish.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
First Ike and now Tails?

At least no one's making theories about the Crystal Gems being gay. Oh wait, because some of the subtext is obvious and canon.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
First Ike and now Tails?

At least no one's making theories about the Crystal Gems being gay. Oh wait, because some of the subtext is obvious and canon.
*all

There's a reason why fans call the show Gay Space Rocks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
While I could see Tails being bi, namely due to his idolization of Sonic, so far the games and general media have not shown him anything other than asexual or straight. Although maybe there's a few alternate dimension versions of him that may be, which is hardly impossible anyway.
Are you really talking about a sexuality of a fake anthro fox?

Thats worse then the " Hello Kitty is not a cat" stuff

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How does

Smoky Quartz

factor into all of that?
Good point.

Smokey Quartz ist the result of Steven and Amethyst's bond as partners with their own struggles of imperfection. The former has to deal with wanting to be perfect like his mother and having so much pressure as a half gem human protecting the planet (which hurts him more after he knew she did some things that were against what he originally envisioned her as in latter episodes). Amethyst being a gem born an Earth Kindergarten is far from perfect like Jasper, being smaller and weaker than the "perfect Quartz" that the latter erases her for. Like Steven, she also dealt with her share of self esteem issues because of her origins and not being from the Homeworld like Pearl and Garnet (a monster meant to be incubated and help the Diamond Authority take over the planet).

That one and Stevonnie are one of the few "heterosexual" fusions in the show so far. Though few were actually born out of pure love.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alternate Tails is homosexual?

Well sure I can see that. :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And don't forget about Jasper's obsession with power also ties into her wanting to be with Lapis again despite how she trapped her under the ocean in the first place just to protect Steven. Many fans have compared that scene as an allegory of toxic abusive relationships and Stockholm Syndrome (Like Jasper's thirst to become Malachite with Lapis again and that fusion addition moving into withdrawal territory). She even laments this when the Corrupted Gem she fused with ran away after their defeat at the hands of Smokey Quartz. "Everyone I fuse with, never wants to stay with me."

Poor Buff Cheeto Puff. :(

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think I remember why I hate the Sonic fanbase or fanbases in general

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
"Is Tails homosexual" was something I didn't expect to read today.

Day's just getting started, too.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Steven Universe talk?

Even if the act of fusing and the dances that often lead into them is meant to have some romantic or sexual undertones, I've never seen fusing as a necessarily needing either of those things.

So yeah, I don't really think of any of the fusions to be "heterosexual" or "homosexual" to begin with. They all exist for different reasons, but almost every one of them requires the partners involved with the fusion in question to have a close connection to one and other, that's for sure.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Does Tails being homosexual or not even matter for most of the Sonic games?
The real question is should theories that are full stretches matter for any games?

People do have a beef with MattPat for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom