• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bruh im probably one of, if not the only person here who plays golf.

I have no idea how tou can watch that.
:061:
I always had a great time watching it with my dad growing up. Loved doing that.

So much so that in high school I was the only one on the newspaper staff who covered the school golf team by choice.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Japan presented themselves at the Olympics Closing Ceremony with a video featuring Mario and Pac-Man.
The Japan PM even came out from a Warp Pipe at the Stadium.

Last edited:
Japan presented themselves at the Olympics Closing Ceremony with a video featuring Mario and Pac-Man.
Actually the Japan PM even came out from a Warp Pipe.
"Pac man isn't relevant anymore"

To anyone who has played FE COnquest and FE revelations I have a question. A simple yes or no will suffice to prevent spoiling what little plot Fates has.

Does that fact that Nohr's real capital city is actually below ground ever get expanded upon? In birthright it kinda just gets said super suddenly to the point of being pointless trivia before Elise pops-up and I want some world building dammit!

Burruni

Smash Hero

To anyone who has played FE COnquest and FE revelations I have a question. A simple yes or no will suffice to prevent spoiling what little plot Fates has.

Does that fact that Nohr's real capital city is actually below ground ever get expanded upon? In birthright it kinda just gets said super suddenly to the point of being pointless trivia before Elise pops-up and I want some world building dammit!
No.
Nohr's entire situation is so poorly touched upon when it could've made the story more dynamic. Less Good vs Evil. Especically since Nohr is a dying nation from overindustrialization and a lack of farmlands.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Work as Nintendo's CEO.
Well I am very good at disguises you see. I'm sure I could cook up the persona of a Japanese business man who has all the best intentions for both children and adults alike. Frannyyyyy! We're going to Japan! Put on your best Kimono boys! Tokoyo here we come!

No.
Nohr's entire situation is so poorly touched upon when it could've made the story more dynamic. Less Good vs Evil. Especically since Nohr is a dying nation from overindustrialization and a lack of farmlands.
. . .how

HOW DOES THAT NOT GET EXPANDED UPON

like. . .jeez I knew Fates gets a lot of **** for its story, especially regarding Nohr. . .but c'mon how does
a capital city being underground instead of the facade
not get expanded on in the game where you side with them.

Like. . .c'mon :/ I blame the 3 versions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HA! Worldbuilding? In Fates? You must be high on something
The whole Nohr situation is only even touched in Birthright actually
I was honestly disappointed when I first played Conquest and got to learn nothing about Nohr let alone ACTUALLY SEE IT

On the topic of Fates, I just beat Chapter 25
Holy **** the Waterwheel is so broken
+5 Def/Res, 85 Hit, 19 Mt and +20 DODGE with the tradeoff of halving your attack after a battle. Looks like Oboro doesn't need a Guard Naginata anymore
A shame my only Swordmaster is Ryoma so he won't make much use of the Hagakure Blade
Still need to get Takumi and Saizo to S-Rank though, Pursuer look great and Chakram not so much

"Hm, I wonder if Takumi has any dialogue against Iago, probably not knowing this game but..."
*dialogue happens*
"Holy **** he actually has it?!"

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Currently watching the closing ceremony.

I thought the "opening ceremony preview" for Tokyo would have to do something with its early history, so I was at first surprised to see they'd focus more on the culture for that part.

And holy cow, I was absolutely amazed. That part was astounding to watch!

Hands down the best part about it was Mario's appearance and how the prime minster popped out of the pipe! It was also nice to see Doraemon, Hello Kitty, and Pac-Man also make frequent cameos.

Just watching this makes me look forward to seeing Japan's opening ceremony four years from now. I'd love to see even more video game icons make an appearance!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The way it works is it checks your location after a set time and it adds how much distance you travelled since the last time it checks...if you literally walk in a circle you won't get any distance on your eggs...if you need to turn around it's best to wait a sec so you're not backtracking on the distance on your eggs...

I think I heard it's up to 175m in a minute...so if you travel farther than that it won't count towards your eggs dsitance either because you're going to fast...
You know what happens when the game freezes before it checks?

Half a lap around the lake you have to do all over again

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What would the year even have to do with it?

I swear, some people in this thread need to mature when it comes to realizing people can have opinions on things, because it's embarrassing at this point.
You're being a bit salty over me not even being serious

I don't mind your opinion, but don't act like people never respects other opinions here because if we didn't we would be name calling and trash talking anybody and everybody over what they like

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Tokyo Olympics are going to be Anime as ****.
Kreygasm

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I don't mind your opinion, but don't act like people never respects other opinions here because if we didn't we would be name calling and trash talking anybody and everybody over what they like
The issue isn't really so much you as another user who is borderline flaming Opossum for liking stuff. You just picked a really bad time to make a joke, that's all.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Well I am very good at disguises you see. I'm sure I could cook up the persona of a Japanese business man who has all the best intentions for both children and adults alike. Frannyyyyy! We're going to Japan! Put on your best Kimono boys! Tokoyo here we come!
You in a nutshell....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Tokyo Olympics are going to be Anime as ****.
Kreygasm
That's exactly what I was thinking.

A good part of the opening ceremony looks at the culture of the host country, and you bet there's going to be a lot of references to anime and video games when Tokyo presents their opening ceremony.

And you know the technology Japan uses where they create a hologram of an anime character? Hatsune Miku was already a great example of that, and I bet a hologram Hatsune will sing for part of the Olympics.

Or even better... how about the Squid Sisters have a special segment during Tokyo's opening ceremony? I mean, they've had a huge live concert already, and the same technology for Hatsune Miku's concerts was used for the Squid Sisters as well.

Not going to lie, but watching this really makes me want to see Callie and Marie in Tokyo's opening ceremony. Just imagine them singing "Calamari Incantation" in front of a huge audience. The entire world will finally get to hear how amazing the song is!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

A good part of the opening ceremony looks at the culture of the host country, and you bet there's going to be a lot of references to anime and video games when Tokyo presents their opening ceremony.

And you know the technology Japan uses where they create a hologram of an anime character? Hatsune Miku was already a great example of that, and I bet a hologram Hatsune will sing for part of the Olympics.

Or even better... how about the Squid Sisters have a special segment during Tokyo's opening ceremony? I mean, they've had a huge live concert already, and the same technology for Hatsune Miku's concerts was used for the Squid Sisters as well.

Not going to lie, but watching this really makes me want to see Callie and Marie in Tokyo's opening ceremony. Just imagine them singing "Calamari Incantation" in front of a huge audience. The entire world will finally get to hear how amazing the song is!
I've said it once.
I'll say it again.
The lack of Splatoon tracks in Smash 4 is criminal.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

There was nothing in your post implying you weren't serious.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I know I haven't been the best moderator lately on the account of me being insanely busy.

...but can you guys stop it with the gif spam/ media only posts? The rules outlined in the OP clearly state that it's against da rules.

Thanks!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jesus, sorry I didn't make it so clear.

Want me to make sign showing whether it's a joke or not

JOKE NOT A JOKE
Once again, you don't need to be a **** about things. It's not my fault if you failed to communicate whether or not you were serious. You can't expect people to just magically know, especially when all signs pointed to the fact that you were serious.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The animes that I want to see represented in Tokyo's opening ceremony are Fate/Stay Night and Attack on Titan. The former is very unlikely to be referenced compared to the latter since AoT has become far more mainstream. Just imagine Titans walking in the center and everyone flying above the audience with their 3D Maneuver Gear.

But I bet it's more likely we'll see different sports anime being referenced: I can already imagine characters from Inazuma Eleven, Ping Pong, Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, and Free making an appearance.

Imagine in part of the opening ceremony, we see Haru from Free racing against Michael Phelps. Not going to lie, but that would look amazing!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The animes that I want to see represented in Tokyo's opening ceremony are Fate/Stay Night and Attack on Titan. The former is very unlikely to be referenced compared to the latter since AoT has become far more mainstream. Just imagine Titans walking in the center and everyone flying above the audience with their 3D Maneuver Gear.

But I bet it's more likely we'll see different sports anime being referenced: I can already imagine characters from Inazuma Eleven, Ping Pong, Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, and Free making an appearance.

Imagine in part of the opening ceremony, we see Haru from Free racing against Michael Phelps. Not going to lie, but that would look amazing!
You had me at Free. I will flip If I see that happen

I can't believe we are getting heated over curling.

****ING CURLING

Make like the curling boards and chill :troll:

Failing a trick, rechecking the run for minor details, trying again and doing significantly better is such a good feeling. Sure I haven't even fully learned a trick minutes in to an hour+ long run, but its progress dammit!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Once again, you don't need to be a **** about things. It's not my fault if you failed to communicate whether or not you were serious. You can't expect people to just magically know, especially when all signs pointed to the fact that you were serious.
Champ Gold Champ Gold , Opossum Opossum let's end this argument now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Alright cool but have some thick skin over this stuff

Even then, I never said Curling was bad. It's why I hate boards nowadays because people get so sensitive over medial things

If I offended you I'm sorry but Jesus Christ, please don't try to take any of this seriously man

I'll end it here

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Squid Sisters are doing actual Live concerts now?

Guess that pretty much makes them a full fledged Virtual Band then...I actually wonder if Nintendo will release actual albums for them...Splatoon has been pretty successful, I'm sure they'd do well in music, not to mention Nintendo did say they wanted to branch out into other areas...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom