• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The problem with that Venn Diagram is that it tried to put Smash Characters into 3 groups.

This is what I came up with, with 4 types of characters. There's plenty of overlapping too. I don't know how to make graphs so it's just text.

Note: This is based solely on smashes, tilts and jabs. I feel like that defines the characters 'type', as specials are... well... special.

Kick and Punches (CQC) – Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Doctor Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Sheik, Kirby, Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Captian Falcon, Wario, Sonic, Little Mac, WFT, Ryu, Bayonetta, Mii Brawler, Peach, Ganondorf, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucas, Rosalina, Greninja, Toon Link, Samus, ZSS, Ness, Dedede, Olimar, Duck Hunt, Pac Man

Magic/Energy – Peach, Zelda, Ganondorf, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Lucas, Rosalina, Greninja, Robin, Lucario, Corrin, Palutena

Sword – Link, Toon Link, Meta Knight, Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Corrin, Shulk, Cloud, Mii Swordsman, Robin

Gadgets (assorted and other weapons) – Samus, ZSS, Ness, Game and Watch, Dedede, Pit, Olimar, R.O.B, Bowser Jr., Palutena, Dark Pit, Villager, Mega Man, Pac Man, Mii Gunner, Bayonetta, Peach, Lucas

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The problem with that Venn Diagram is that it tried to put Smash Characters into 3 groups.

This is what I came up with, with 4 types of characters. There's plenty of overlapping too. I don't know how to make graphs so it's just text.

Note: This is based solely on smashes, tilts and jabs. I feel like that defines the characters 'type', as specials are... well... special.

Kick and Punches (CQC) – Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Doctor Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Sheik, Kirby, Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Captian Falcon, Wario, Sonic, Little Mac, WFT, Ryu, Bayonetta, Mii Brawler, Peach, Ganondorf, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucas, Rosalina, Greninja, Toon Link, Samus, ZSS, Ness, Dedede, Olimar, Duck Hunt, Pac Man

Magic/Energy – Peach, Zelda, Ganondorf, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Lucas, Rosalina, Greninja, Robin, Lucario, Corrin, Palutena

Sword – Link, Toon Link, Meta Knight, Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Corrin, Shulk, Cloud, Mii Swordsman, Robin

Gadgets (assorted and other weapons) – Samus, ZSS, Ness, Game and Watch, Dedede, Pit, Olimar, R.O.B, Bowser Jr., Palutena, Dark Pit, Villager, Mega Man, Pac Man, Mii Gunner, Bayonetta, Peach, Lucas
Toon Link doesn't punch or kick......?

Although, I guess the closest thing is his back throw.....

Link does have a few kicks though.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

I know Ganondorf has dark magic, but he really belongs in cqc. Also, Corrin should be in the Swordfighter section. This is going by those tilts/smashes/jabs that you mentioned.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I know Ganondorf has dark magic, but he really belongs in cqc. Also, Corrin should be in the Swordfighter section. This is going by those tilts/smashes/jabs that you mentioned.
I've put Ganondorf in both CQC and Magic, and Corrin in both Magic and Swordfighter.

It's too hard to put the characters in Smash into one specific category.

We can try though - whatever their most predominant standard attack is, they then fall into that category.

Corrin might still fall into Magic then - I feel he uses Dragon Fang more than his sword, but I haven't counted.

D

Deleted member

I've put Ganondorf in both CQC and Magic, and Corrin in both Magic and Swordfighter.

It's too hard to put the characters in Smash into one specific category.

We can try though - whatever their most predominant standard attack is, they then fall into that category.

Corrin might still fall into Magic then - I feel he uses Dragon Fang more than his sword, but I haven't counted.
Dragonstone: Jab hit 1 and continuous, all Smashes(3x), NAir, BAir, DAir, all specials(4x), all throws(4x) and Final Smash
Omega Yato: Jab hit 2 and 3, all tilts(3x), Dash attack, Side Smash charge, Down Smash, FAir, NAir, UAir, ledge get up attack and ground get up attack

So it totals to:
Dragonstone=17 moves that make use of it
Omega Yato=14 moves that make use of it
I believe I didn't forget about any moves and I even counted the get up attacks which I don't think should

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I remember in Melee I used to categorise characters into groups of 4, and had a CPU only tournament to determine which was the best characters, each tournament started with 4 way free for alls...of course some liberties had to be taken but for the most part almost everyone fit...

Super Mario
:mariomelee::luigimelee::drmario::yoshimelee:

Fast
:foxmelee::falcomelee::pikachumelee::falconmelee:

Females
:peachmelee::zeldamelee::samusmelee::jigglypuffmelee:

Swords
:linkmelee::younglinkmelee::marthmelee::roymelee:

Big/Villains
:bowsermelee::dkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee:

Small
:kirbymelee::icsmelee::pichumelee::nessmelee:

almost everyone fit...
:gawmelee: I think I put 3 G&W's in a final 4way free for all against whoever the winner was...

After everything was all said and done, and after multiple 'tournaments' I had a decision who the best CPU character is...
:linkmelee: won almost every single time...
:ganondorfmelee: definitive second placer...the only character that beat Link, but Link is the only character that can beat Ganondorf...
I dunno why but I had a thing for running CPU tournaments to see who the best character was in fighting games...I could try something similar with Smash 4 and use 8 player smash...though it can take a while...

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
There is a rumor that Zendaya is playing Mary Jane in the new Spiderman

Apparently it's creating a controversy. I really don't care either way

TBH though I'm kind of sick of Spiderman reboots. Since I graduated Highschool alone, this'll be the 3rd series

---

Plus Zendaya's kind of hot IMO
No offense to anyone, but this is quite simply a case of white nerds that live in their mother's basement (not all of course, but...) pissed off that black people are getting more roles. They did the same thing when the Human Torch was played by a black dude in the Fantastic Four reboot. They did it when Hermonie was recast as a black character for the Cursed Child play. They did when the Stormtrooper in the Force Awakens was revealed to be black! They got pissed off when Jacqui Briggs appeared in Mortal Kombat X! They most recently got pissed off because Raven is currently absent in Tekken 7, but his master, a black women is there in his place!

My point being? Deal with it! This has gotten rediculous at this point, and frankly I'm tired of it! People need to shut the **** up, and get a life. Stop complaining about movies, video games, and tv shows not having the supposed "correct" ethnicity for a character! It's not the 1950's anymore!

Also, I would gladly welcome Zendaya as Mary Jane. I've never watched any of her shows, but she's the same age as me and making a difference! At first I thought, oh look just another Disney Channel Star! Then I read this article/interview with her, and I gained a new form of respect! Read it, its really good!

http://www.essence.com/2016/07/07/zendaya-essence-august-issue-cover-social-responsibility

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Some minor information about Pokemon in Smash has come out.

I also published a lot of tidbits on the SG Twitter from the Nintendo Dream magazine. Top 10 Zelda villains [Readers Poll], Samus theme for my Nintendo, and which Pokemon Sakurai/ Masuda likes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I also published a lot of tidbits on the SG Twitter from the Nintendo Dream magazine. Top 10 Zelda villains [Readers Poll], Samus theme for my Nintendo, and which Pokemon Sakurai/ Masuda likes.
The interview reminded me of something I read on Twitter.

"Pikachu's VA's job for the last 20 years has been simply to utter variations of a single word."

D

Deleted member

Man, this anime season is sure looking great

Sakurai: I see. So what you’re saying is that even though Pikachu is wearing clothes, most people will understand that’s not his true form, so to speak. It’s just a temporary phase.
I'm now imagining Pikachu saying "It's not a phase, mom! This is who I am!" :laugh:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

#RotomforSmash5

I can see it happening
Brb making a moveset.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't care if this was on the front page, this video is too anazing.

"CAN YOU DIG IT?!?"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dear diary.

Today, I found out that according to poketubers, if you criticize an opinion based video, then it's invalid because muh opinion, regardless if the opinion is flawed or misinformed i.e. Mega Steelix sucks because it's ability summons sand and Mega Abomasnow sucks because making Hail teams is hard.
From, someone doesn't want to live on this planet anymore

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like Brazil has achieved another gold medal; this time, it was against Italy in Men's Volleyball.

It's also worth mentioning that the U.S. has obtained the bronze medal in both Men's and Women's volleyball.

D

Deleted member

Birthright Chapter 24 was just terrible. I wouldn't mind the reinforcements that much if half of them weren't fliers loke in Chapter 23. In the end I just rushed with Silas, Ryoma, Corrin and warped Azura to sing and then Corrin killed the boss with the Ganglari. At least it wasn't Rout unlike another CERTAIN CHAPTER.

Chapter 25, while it has the same problems as the last two, I'm kind of enjoying it
The reinforcements just won't stop spawning(and it's 6 units a turn) meaning you have to stay put because moving up means getting Entrapped. But, even then, I enjoy maps where I have to bring my best units to kill a bunch of enemies, Ryoma, Silas and Corrin took care of the left side with ease(and Ryoma got at least 5 levels, yay for Swordfaire) while I didn't have anyone else tanky enough to stay on the right, the remaining units would ambush the GKs and DKs once they moved into range and it somehow worked. Praise stupid AI for picking units with 1 range only instead of trying to kill Saizo who had 8HP.

Also, the Spy's Shuriken is so good since it can still crit and proc skills.
Which means getting a Lethality proc when it's the only thing that could kill an enemy unit without stepping into the Entrap's range

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks like Brazil has achieved another gold medal; this time, it was against Italy in Men's Volleyball.

It's also worth mentioning that the U.S. has obtained the bronze medal in both Men's and Women's volleyball.
Why would people even make men's volleyball

I think they are missing the point of enjoying watching people play volleyball

Last edited:

Chrono.

"IchiRuki fans have been drawing NTR and a number of them want to send it to Kubo."

Well that's one way to cope.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still hard to believe that Britain came in second place in the Olympic Medal Table. I know Russia was severely undercut after getting caught taking all of the drugs but China, Australia and Canada usually rank higher.

Go team GB. Let's hope China doesn't declare war over this.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
dangit why can't objects fully click together in PowerPoint

even with the grid snap function hexagon formations still look uneven

also this rip is of echeptional quality

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I liked it at first, but quality kept dipping and dipping and dipping with dumb filler and 1 arc going for 40 smegging episodes, **** that
Is it fair to say that anime like Bleach that go on for more then 40+ episodes are eventually going to fail due to lack of good story and/or content? Maybe other reasons as well? I know long running anime like Naruto and One Piece still exist, but have they gotten any better (if at all)?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is it fair to say that anime like Bleach that go on for more then 40+ episodes are eventually going to fail due to lack of good story and content? Maybe other reasons as well? I know long running anime like Naruto and One Piece exist, but have they gotten any better (if at all)?
I mean, I DO vastly prefer my media to have less than 40 episodes, but there's shows like Jojo or most Kamen Rider seasons that I'd watch more than 40 episodes because of the good writing, likeable characters, fun action sequences and what not. What stopped me liking Bleach was the awful pacing

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I mean, I DO vastly prefer my media to have less than 40 episodes, but there's shows like Jojo or most Kamen Rider seasons that I'd watch more than 40 episodes because of the good writing, likeable characters, fun action sequences and what not. What stopped me liking Bleach was the awful pacing
That makes sense. It's good to know there are some examples you listed with Jojo and Kamen Riders that despite having a ton of episodes, each one is able to achieve all the importance an episode needs to remain in a good standing. Speaking of those two (one in particular), I do not recall hearing much about Kamen Riders (despite knowing you're a huge fan of it). Is it about a bunch of motorcycle riders that go on adventures or something like that?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Why would people even make men's volleyball

I think they are missing the point of enjoying watching people play volleyball
Because Volleyball is a popular sport for both men and women.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That makes sense. It's good to know there are some examples you listed with Jojo and Kamen Riders that despite having a ton of episodes, each one is able to achieve all the importance an episode needs to remain in a good standing. Speaking of those two (one in particular), I do not recall hearing much about Kamen Riders (despite knowing you're a huge fan of it). Is it about a bunch of motorcycle riders that go on adventures or something like that?
Depends on the season, though most of the time it's 'evil organization/monsters are doing evil ****, the Kamen Rider, hero of the city must stop them!' In W, it was the evil organization Museum distributing Gaia Memories to citizens for weapons research, but they're essentially mind breaking drugs without a Driver. In Drive, the 108 Roimudes plan to wipe out humanity for spoilery reasons, in Gaim, the world is ending and the organization Yggdrassil is trying to cover it up. I can link you if you want, my examples are considered the better starting points in the show in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom