• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since when the hell cats started to enjoy dog food. The world amy never know.

Coulda told me
We can safely blame Warchamp for these new rules. I remember back in my day when the general 4Chan slang was allowed (even new***) or anatomical terms without getting warned.

But those days are unfortunately over with the rules of this community getting tighter.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Source Gaming's anniversary stream is approximately 2 Hours Away!

https://www.twitch.tv/sourcecast

We hope you guys attend and have a good time! If any of you guys can't make or miss it by any chance, there should be a VOD uploaded of it after the stream is done. We are also recording it too.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
i must be the only one that follows and likes that blog because I know they aren't serious
I mean I've watched that blog for a little bit too. Mainly at the time to see what kind of characters where commonly seen as "controversial" amongst many fandoms and for what sort of reasons.

Though I've mainly left it be since then. (Although I do occasionally check it out every now and then just for the heck of it though.)

I think people continuously getting pissed at the submitter's without even reading the point of the blog has started to get a bit old though imo....

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean I've watched that blog for a little bit too. Mainly at the time to see what kind of characters where commonly seen as "controversial" amongst many fandoms and for what sort of reasons.

Though I've mainly left it be since then. (Although I do occasionally check it out every now and then just for the heck of it though.)

I think people continuously getting pissed at the submitter's without even reading the point of the blog has started to get a bit old though imo....
Some of the stuff there is a good read. I read the "complains" and the defense posts

Ivander

Smash Legend
Since when the hell cats started to enjoy dog food. The world amy never know.
I have 2 cats who try to eat the Dentastick bones we give to our dogs. Give them an opportunity and they can actually eat a good amount of the bone. At the same time, the look one of our dogs give when we allow the cats to chew on a bone is hilarious.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Watched part of an episode of an ocean life series and got to thinking abut something again.

Would it be possible to implement tides into a 2D sandbox crafting game in the vein of Terraria/Starbound?

I've never seen a game like that attempt it before, but then those are the only two I've tried and both have ways of implementing the ocean that don't exactly accommodate fleshing out the intertidal zone.

I'm guessing it would be possible to change the areas in which water would spawn within a cycle of time, but there might be some issues with making the water spawning in and out look decent and there might be some fairly big slowdown issues depending on how well the game was polished up.

Just wondering what it would be like to see a game with that implemented. . .

I'm imagining this on a different type of map than either of the games I mentioned, of course. In Terraria the map cuts off when you get to the ocean and in Starbound there are tons of looping maps since you visit different planets.

My idea is also something that on it's own I worry might cause a lot of slowdown or not load, but I imagine a single huge looping map representative of a full planet. The ocean wouldn't take up quite as much proportional space in worldgen as Earth's ocean, but it would go on for long stretches, have it's own biomes, and be peppered with desert islands. Swimming mechanics and swim speed would also be polished up in order to accommodate having a far larger number of places to use it.

. . .As to how to make such a big map not as much of a headache to travel in? I guess you'd set fast travel warp points in various places. You could also stumble across cities with facilities that let you warp to any other city that has generated on your world, even if you haven't been to them, allowing you to access new corners of the planet far faster than you would by walking.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Time for the next two character reveals for Smash Universe....

Also, several people got these two right, but I still kept my mouth shut as not to spoil anything!

Also why Spider-Man rather than Wolverine?

X-Men vs. Street Fighter 2 will become a thing at somepoint! It's going to be interesting when I start working on it! - Afro

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, when I first saw an image of Tracer, I thought she was male.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Curious to see how Tracer's gonna work. Time manipulation in a fighting game scan be done a number of ways.

Still wishing it was Captain America. :p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Time for the next two character reveals for Smash Universe....

Also, several people got these two right, but I still kept my mouth shut as not to spoil anything!

Also why Spider-Man rather than Wolverine?

X-Men vs. Street Fighter 2 will become a thing at somepoint! It's going to be interesting when I start working on it! - Afro
Give me Miles, Ben and Kaine alts for spodermang (please) and we good :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Not gonna lie, when I first saw an image of Tracer, I thought she was male.
Honestly, I was confused on the gender of the character for a long time....

Curious to see how Tracer's gonna work. Time manipulation in a fighting game scan be done a number of ways.

Still wishing it was Captain America. :p
To be honest, this was a suggestion by @Nintenzilla *Reboot* via a conversation that we had on Twitter on the possibility of an Overwatch character on the roster. On Captain America's side.... Well.... at least you'll have the soundtrack of the various Marvel heroes from the Marvel vs. Capcom games, including Captain America! On a side note, have you ever realized how similar both Mute City and Captain America's theme's are?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

To be honest, this was a suggestion by @Nintenzilla *Reboot* via a conversation that we had on Twitter on the possibility of an Overwatch character on the roster. On Captain America's side.... Well.... at least you'll have the soundtrack of the various Marvel heroes from the Marvel vs. Capcom games, including Captain America! On a side note, have you ever realized how similar both Mute City and Captain America's theme's are?
Honestly I wouldn't have even noticed had you not said anything. Now I can't unhear it. :laugh:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Google Chrome on Android is so dumb right now, like, I can't copy image URLs anymore and I can't open pics in the same tab, I now always have to open a new tab and then copy the link.
Anyways, I can't believe they actually addressed the Elephant in the Room

Not even Awakening had this problem, this is just another point on how dumb Deeprealms are.
Also, would you believe me if I told you this Berserker just critted Ryoma?

But I can't be mad with the RNG because Ryoma just happened to have a full Shield Gauge at the time.
Actually.
Awakening DID have that problem.
Laurent comments on being older than most of the other "kids," and possibly older than his parent (damn believable if you made it Ricken) because of Naga dropping them off at differing years.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I kinda hope Brazil gets beat at their own game, simply b/c the salt from the Brazilian crowd would be fantastic.

Tbh, I honestly though Nova's theme sounded really similar to King Dedede's theme...

D

Deleted member

i kinda hope Brazil wins, after their pride was smacked down at FIFA, I would like to see them not so mad

But the fights if Germany wins might be good too
I'm just waiting for the memes because those can't disappoint ne
Actually.
Awakening DID have that problem.
Laurent comments on being older than most of the other "kids," and possibly older than his parent (damn believable if you made it Ricken) because of Naga dropping them off at differing years.
Laurent is just older than the other kids, he's around 19 and I'm pretty sure Miriel is ~20

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So uh... I wanted to say goodbye before the permaban kicks in. Probably not gonna be for a while but ah well I can wait.
So... Goodbye.

(And no this isn't out of spite or anything like that. It's not because of any discourse or fallout, as I know some might think that. It's just more of a personal decision honestly.)
Back when you were Mr. Videogaming, you were a riot in the Smash socials. Hell, you still were to this day.

Before I head back for some bee sting medication, I would like to say good luck to your future endeavors. Take care!

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I kinda hope Brazil gets beat at their own game, simply b/c the salt from the Brazilian crowd would be fantastic.

Tbh, I honestly though Nova's theme sounded really similar to King Dedede's theme...
There actually was a mashup of Nova and Dedede's themes on youtube. Alas, I haven't been able to find it again...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wait, @Substitution is leaving...?

What a shame. Well, good luck out there pal. Thanks for all the good times in the old speculation threads, and for being literally the only other guy I could talk DarkSeed 2 with.

Live strong!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, I was wondering how that situation on the other forum would turn out.

Here's the full version of events now that it's wrapped up, omitting a bit of actual troubleshooting about the mod mixed in.

Rude Guy said:
i dont like splatoon, just like undertable its fanbase seems to be all 34 yr old men who unfortunately can draw well
Initial Responder said:
ahh right so let me get this straight, you don't like something, so instead of ignoring it because you don't like it, you instead choose to waste your and other peoples time by going out of your way to focus your time on it, despite having absolutely no obligation to do so what so ever, just so you could insult it. Watch out guys I think we've got a real paragon of logic and reasoning right here.
Rude Guy (response to Initial Responder) said:
ab-so-lutely!
Mod Author said:
@Rude Guy

That's a funny thing to say: I'm a 21-year-old non-male who adores the game and can draw fairly well. Pretty much all my good friends who enjoy the game are in the same boat-- young, not cisgendered males, and having tons of fun with the universe.

Really, though, go complain somewhere else. Nobody really cares about your opinion besides proving it wrong and/or pointing and laughing at it, and you're not doing anything for anyone by expressing it here.
Rude Guy said:
well geese, i was just trying to make a funny point that wierdos have sexualized both undertable and splatoon, (Coricus note: I was raised Protestant so I think I'll omit the religious expletive he used here. Even if he misspelled it.)
Moderator (response to Rude Guy) said:
If you have nothing nice to say, don't post. I'll even help you along by revoking your ability to reply to this thread. You should know better by now.
*Note on first Rude Guy post: User has been banned for this post. Reason: Breaking the Golden Rule/ Ignoring Multiple Warnings. Duration: Permanent.*

Well I guess one TL;DR you can get out of that is that I was perfectly fine making that report.

It's strangely interesting seeing the mix of personalities interacting in this short situation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Here's the full version of events now that it's wrapped up, omitting a bit of actual troubleshooting about the mod mixed in.

*Note on first Rude Guy post: User has been banned for this post. Reason: Breaking the Golden Rule/ Ignoring Multiple Warnings. Duration: Permanent.*

Well I guess one TL;DR you can get out of that is that I was perfectly fine making that report.

It's strangely interesting seeing the mix of personalities interacting in this short situation.
"Well geese."

Honk.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

The fact that he still says Undertable makes me laugh.

Regardless, he just seemed like a troll.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Man Rude Guy is funny.
well geese and Undertable lol

D

Deleted member

Holy **** this shoot out
Germany missed the last one holy ****ing ****
Now that 7x1 can rest in peace

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Holy **** this shoot out
Germany missed the last one holy ****ing ****
Now that 7x1 can rest in peace
I'm already seeing:
"No it's not revenge, it's the Olympics, not the World Cup"
"It's the Under 23 teams!"
"Tinpot Tournament LUL"
"It was a Penalty shootout, not a 7-1"
And all sorts of other excuses so it won't be dead for a while.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm already seeing:
"No it's not revenge, it's the Olympics, not the World Cup"
"It's the Under 23 teams!"
"Tinpot Tournament LUL"
"It was a Penalty shootout, not a 7-1"
And all sorts of other excuses so it won't be dead for a while.
What poor excuses

With the amount of players cryin' I would say they got their revenge

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
I went back to do some of the missions in MP:FF to get an average of 2 of 3 medals for each mission so far.
So with "Lv"14.
The game says I've done 10% of it on the title File Select screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom