• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Watch the Olympics, the Texans Preseason game or NXT Takeover

Choices? Or I can just do nothing and finish Megaman X

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First time I saw tracer it was about her butt and it was the most sexually confusing couple of minutes ever

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Or.
Y'know.
If being Part Metroid Part Chozo Part Human affected her in more ways than super-human agility, flexibility, and resistance to X-Parasites.
Or with the extra Phazon still left in her since Prime 3

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Admittedly, I've given myself a shot at trying to formulate Tracer into the constructs of Smash Bros. The move set's still a work in progress, but I've gotten a few ideas as to what can work to translate her into Smash which could work out.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The first time I saw Tracer was in @Zebei's signature...:p

Also...picked up Federation Force (still no Samus amiibo :c), let's see how this game fairs...already progressed through the tutorial (reeeaally need to get used to those Gyro controls, most of the time I barely use it)

Burruni

Smash Hero
The first time I saw Tracer was in @Zebei's signature...:p

Also...picked up Federation Force (still no Samus amiibo :c), let's see how this game fairs...already progressed through the tutorial (reeeaally need to get used to those Gyro controls, most of the time I barely use it)
Honestly the only time you use gyro controls (so far) is for shooting bats or things at a sharp angle below you

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, squee.

I made a sprite of a Super Sea Snail plush toy and showed it to the maker of that game mod I talked about earlier and they put it in their mod.

For the record, this mod is a beautiful thing.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Fanbase: Genji does need a nerf, I mean not only is he the most OP character in Overwatch, but he's also everywhere, and too fast I hope they fixed this in the next pat-

*PTR patch comes/Makes Genji work as he supposed to*

upload_2016-8-20_19-55-15.png

Edit: That's supposed to be her getting salty

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Honestly the only time you use gyro controls (so far) is for shooting bats or things at a sharp angle below you
From what I gathered from training, the gyro assists with hitting moving enemies by leading your shots...that's one thing, also seeing from some gameplay it's required for certain puzzles such as shooting a ball over obstacles and such...as well as possibly taking out several enemies at once by just locking onto one of them and manually aiming at the rest of them...I know it helps in Blast Ball also as you lock onto the ball but you can shoot your opponents...
edit: Also by barely using it, I meant when I need to use it...

Either way, I haven't started campaign just yet, after training I decided to give Blast Ball another try...I still don't really like it that much...perhaps I'm just spoiled with Rocket League as I have played that game a few times at a friend's place...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just realized I unknowingly picked the gender neutral trainer in Pokémon Uranium (and doesn't help I gave the name "Sammy"). I just picked the trainer that looked the coolest and what she (I think it's a she) looks like in terms of name.

I was confused why it gave me 3 choices to begin with.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Rats. I planned to tell everyone about the wonderful new Humble Bundle, but Swamp already did a few pages ago! Well, I'll still plug it anyway; it's a good deal in my honest opinion. For the low price of $10, you get:

Lethal League: A unique platform fighter/dodgeball hybrid. Play as bizarre characters and smash a ball at ludicrous speeds in the hopes of smashing your foes' faces in.

The Beginner's Guide: A narrative based game from the creator of The Stanley Parable. I don't know much about it.

Galak-Z: A top-down animesque shooter. Apparently features an endless mode and a roguelike mode. Again, not familiar with it personally.

Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime: A couch co-op based shooter. Control a spacenaut and manually aim your guns at foes. You can also play with an AI pet rather than a human copilot. Supports up to four players.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch: A lovely game about a normal human father and his family. Help Dad perform chores and spend time with his family in a heavily physics based game with a unique control system.

SUPER TIME FORCE ULTRA: An action platformer that involves time travel. Apparently you can jump back to help yourself in a form of self co-op. New to me.

Nuclear Throne: An action packed, real time roguelike with an emphasis on unique character traits. Play as one of many mutated weirdos and blast your way through a postapocalyptic wasteland. This is why I'm buying the bundle. It looks like an amazing game.

...And at least one more game to be revealed soon. Check it out!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
And the winner of the shoot-out in the Brazil-Germany football match is......
BRAZIL! It appears that they got back at Germany from a few years back. Looks like they earned this victory.

I imagine you'll be curious about this, Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo .

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And people are screaming LEAK CONFIRMED!!! when that Meowth has apparently been in the servers for months now.

And Gigareki being a Steam game and all.
And if it's the same one as from the hack, the O.T. is different from the leak.

I mean, I know Gigareki blows it out of the water in terms of it being obviously fake but before I knew that part it was the different O.T.s that seemed off and it does poke another hole in it.

Chrono.

And if it's the same one as from the hack, the O.T. is different from the leak.

I mean, I know Gigareki blows it out of the water in terms of it being obviously fake but before I knew that part it was the different O.T.s that seemed off and it does poke another hole in it.
Coincidentally, another text rumor is gaining traction because it said Gigareki was never gonna be related to Pokemon. (it popped up on August 14)

• There's a monkey who has a baseball mitt (nothing to do with rugby) and three more Pokemon. Two of which are in the same line, both Electric/Dark. It's some electric eel with a giant hook on its belly. It looks like the hook spins around or drops down like a fishing hook. The evolution is a larger version with an anchor instead of a hook. The third is a Steel/Bug and it's basically a giant conch shell with spikes around the perimeter of the body, as if it'd roll on the ground.
  • Rockruff has two evolutions depending on if it's night or day.
  • Guzma offers you to work with him near the end of the game. You can buy Team Skull cosmetic items.
  • The starters do not have split-evolutions.
  • Rowlet's middle evolution is basically a shorter version of the final evolution, but the bow tie is long.
  • Hau has Krabby in his team.
  • Plumeria used a Litten while Lillie declines to take a Pokemon.
  • Lillie has a Zygarde Core in her bag.
  • You can buy Mega Stones (which work in the Z-Ring) in a shop that opens up once you beat the game. You can Mega Evolve Alolan Alakazam, which is pure Fighting.
  • Lunala is #822.
  • Pyukumuku doesn't evolve while Cutiefly does.
  • Gigareki has nothing to do with Sun/Moon.
  • Battle Frontier, AZ, Zygarde, and you can take the SS Anne to Kanto. All in the post-game?
  • Marshadow has two forms. It has the Solar Eclipse Forme which is Poison/Fire, and Lunar Eclipse Forme which is Poison/Ice. It has a history with Zygarde and capturing it is Team Skull's objective.
  • There are 16 Trial Captains, one for each type minus Dark and Poison. Four for each island. Guzma and Plumeria kinda act like captains of Dark and Poison, respecitively, except it's a lot more battle-based and less gimmicky "task" based.
  • Alola forms are exclusively Generation 1. Alolan Corphish was planned according to its Pokedex entry.
  • We've only seen about half of the Alola forms.
  • Mimikyu doesn't evolve. A little girl gives us one early on in the game (it can be Shiny). We can catch it later on in the wild, maybe about a third of the way into the main storyline.
  • Pikipek stays as a Normal/Flying woodpecker. The beak apparently becomes much larger, sword-esque design.
  • You begin at the bottom of Kanto after being dropped off by the ship and can work your way up the region.
  • Guzma is "a Poison guy", there's some joke regarding his "toxicity" as a person. He uses an Alolan Nidoking near the end of the game, which is Poison/Fighting. He uses Skuntank as well.
  • Hala lets you take over Mele Mele Island as Kahuna, which lets you give people tasks on collecting items and possibly Pokemon.
  • Mimikyu's Shiny is dark purple and the black spirit underneath is white.
  • Magearna is an additional man-made part of the Tapu Koko totem pole with the others. Magearna is obtainable as a Pokemon in the normal storyline.
  • You can bond/merge/fuse with the final evolution of your starter.
  • The types of the final evolutions are Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy.
  • You can change the color of your Z-Ring and you can buy Team Skull clothes.

I'm chalking it up as a lucky guess, the rest sounds like your typical wishlist.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a rumor that Zendaya is playing Mary Jane in the new Spiderman

Apparently it's creating a controversy. I really don't care either way

TBH though I'm kind of sick of Spiderman reboots. Since I graduated Highschool alone, this'll be the 3rd series

---

Plus Zendaya's kind of hot IMO

Last edited:
Coincidentally, another text rumor is gaining traction because it said Gigareki was never gonna be related to Pokemon. (it popped up on August 14)

• There's a monkey who has a baseball mitt (nothing to do with rugby) and three more Pokemon. Two of which are in the same line, both Electric/Dark. It's some electric eel with a giant hook on its belly. It looks like the hook spins around or drops down like a fishing hook. The evolution is a larger version with an anchor instead of a hook. The third is a Steel/Bug and it's basically a giant conch shell with spikes around the perimeter of the body, as if it'd roll on the ground.
  • Rockruff has two evolutions depending on if it's night or day.
  • Guzma offers you to work with him near the end of the game. You can buy Team Skull cosmetic items.
  • The starters do not have split-evolutions.
  • Rowlet's middle evolution is basically a shorter version of the final evolution, but the bow tie is long.
  • Hau has Krabby in his team.
  • Plumeria used a Litten while Lillie declines to take a Pokemon.
  • Lillie has a Zygarde Core in her bag.
  • You can buy Mega Stones (which work in the Z-Ring) in a shop that opens up once you beat the game. You can Mega Evolve Alolan Alakazam, which is pure Fighting.
  • Lunala is #822.
  • Pyukumuku doesn't evolve while Cutiefly does.
  • Gigareki has nothing to do with Sun/Moon.
  • Battle Frontier, AZ, Zygarde, and you can take the SS Anne to Kanto. All in the post-game?
  • Marshadow has two forms. It has the Solar Eclipse Forme which is Poison/Fire, and Lunar Eclipse Forme which is Poison/Ice. It has a history with Zygarde and capturing it is Team Skull's objective.
  • There are 16 Trial Captains, one for each type minus Dark and Poison. Four for each island. Guzma and Plumeria kinda act like captains of Dark and Poison, respecitively, except it's a lot more battle-based and less gimmicky "task" based.
  • Alola forms are exclusively Generation 1. Alolan Corphish was planned according to its Pokedex entry.
  • We've only seen about half of the Alola forms.
  • Mimikyu doesn't evolve. A little girl gives us one early on in the game (it can be Shiny). We can catch it later on in the wild, maybe about a third of the way into the main storyline.
  • Pikipek stays as a Normal/Flying woodpecker. The beak apparently becomes much larger, sword-esque design.
  • You begin at the bottom of Kanto after being dropped off by the ship and can work your way up the region.
  • Guzma is "a Poison guy", there's some joke regarding his "toxicity" as a person. He uses an Alolan Nidoking near the end of the game, which is Poison/Fighting. He uses Skuntank as well.
  • Hala lets you take over Mele Mele Island as Kahuna, which lets you give people tasks on collecting items and possibly Pokemon.
  • Mimikyu's Shiny is dark purple and the black spirit underneath is white.
  • Magearna is an additional man-made part of the Tapu Koko totem pole with the others. Magearna is obtainable as a Pokemon in the normal storyline.
  • You can bond/merge/fuse with the final evolution of your starter.
  • The types of the final evolutions are Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy.
  • You can change the color of your Z-Ring and you can buy Team Skull clothes.

I'm chalking it up as a lucky guess, the rest sounds like your typical wishlist.
Another leak with Alolan Nidoking... I've tried not to get my hopes up about it being true, but he has been mentioned in so many leaks that it's hard not to.

TBH though I'm kind of sick of Spiderman reboots. Since I graduated Highschool alone, this'll be the 3rd series.
Agreed. I remember how I couldn't wait for the fourth movie's announcement, then "Director changed, so we're rebooting the series".

Then, I warmed up for the Amazing Spider-Man series, and was happy to hear there were two more movies planned.

And then they decided to reboot it again....

Chrono.

At least Homecoming won't be another origin story AND will be tied to the MCU.

Also Tony Stark will be in it, how could you not like the whole awkward dad dynamic?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"
  • You begin at the bottom of Kanto after being dropped off by the ship and can work your way up the region."
WTF?

I don't think so

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only reason why I would see them include Kanto into the game is so that you can have access to the original Kanto formes of the Pokemon that have an Alola forme.

Assuming only the Kanto Pokemon will be having it.....

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had to look up the age of Zendaya to make sure I wasn't some kind of weirdo or something

Nope, I'm only 10 years older than her

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it too late for me to post a controversial opinion? Because here I go.

There aren't too many sword characters in Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just realized I unknowingly picked the gender neutral trainer in Pokémon Uranium (and doesn't help I gave the name "Sammy"). I just picked the trainer that looked the coolest and what she (I think it's a she) looks like in terms of name.

I was confused why it gave me 3 choices to begin with.
Is that why it has three choices? I thought it had some plot significance... I guess not.

I believe he's there because he fits as "other."
He'd fit better in the gadgets, imo. Considering the inside of his hammer.

The Magic/Other category is a rather poorly defined category imo. Dedede doesn't fit with Zelda, Ness and others.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dedede has a weapon but he should go under CQC/Gadget. Afterall, he has a non sword weapon that is both made for close quarters combat and is a gadget.

I'd also put Shulk under pure swordsman. I know the Monado is energy but it doesn't affect his moveset exactly.

I mean Ike uses magic with Eruption, right?

How picky are we gonna be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom