• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Epic Mickey was a victim of it's own hype. That said, the game itself had a many obvious problems that could have been solved with no bother like fixing the camera.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
huh so today i learned that most people confuse the definition of theory with hypothesis because theory means its a proven thing....well that explains why matpats got such a huge ego....and why hes full of *****

i also learned that sentience dosent mean what people think it means because the word
you want to use for "having its own thought and free will" is sapience sentience is having all 5 senses
(touch, taste ect,ect)

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Depends on the season, though most of the time it's 'evil organization/monsters are doing evil ****, the Kamen Rider, hero of the city must stop them!' In W, it was the evil organization Museum distributing Gaia Memories to citizens for weapons research, but they're essentially mind breaking drugs without a Driver. In Drive, the 108 Roimudes plan to wipe out humanity for spoilery reasons, in Gaim, the world is ending and the organization Yggdrassil is trying to cover it up. I can link you if you want, my examples are considered the better starting points in the show in general
Go ahead; I'm curious. I imagine that you've got examples from YouTube?

D

Deleted member

huh so today i learned that most people confuse the definition of theory with hypothesis because theory means its a proven thing....well that explains why matpats got such a huge ego....and why hes full of *****
Uh, no? Theories aren't proven, in fact, hypothesis are basically theories with more ground to them. Where did you get this from?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Huh? Nobody bothered to ask what my previous post was about.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Uh, no? Theories aren't proven, in fact, hypothesis are basically theories with more ground to them. Where did you get this from?
I think he may be referring to scientific theories, which are a different thing from the common usage of the word.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I was on TV Tropes and I saw this.

THX used many variants of their familiar logo, but every single one of them use a famous crescendo called the Deep Note - which, if you were a kid in the 80s, 90s, or 2000s first hearing it, may have been more of a Brown Note.
So I wasn't the only one who felt horrified by that noise as a kid.

BBWWWRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I was on TV Tropes and I saw this.

So I wasn't the only one who felt horrified by that noise as a kid.

BBWWWRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Same. That sound would frigging kill my ears all the time. I would even close my ears sometimes when it came on.

That and the Lion thing from some movie company. Scared the **** out of me as a kid.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When you so many games and so little money, it's hard to think which ones are worth trading. I could get rid of my old Pokemon X copy IF I had five bucks to get an annual Pokemon Bank subscription (No way in hell I'm losing my Aegislash).

Triple Deluxe is definitely leaving since I plan on buying the superior Planet Robobot.

I'm also torn on whether 3D World and Smash 3DS should go or not.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Long story short...a Hypothesis is more of an educated guess, whereas a Theory is more of an unproven explanation...both are based on a series of observations, data, and evidence, though a Hypothesis is merely a proposition, whereas a theory is more established and sometimes taken as fact due to lack of evidence against the contrary...Gravity, and the Earth revolving around the Sun are both theories for example...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey

HEY

Those sports are great and entertaining. Forget Y'all
Basketball's honestly like, my least favorite sport.

My personal "Tier List of How Fun Sports Are to Watch" is basically this:

S: Curling
A: Golf, Tennis, Badminton, Volleyball, Bowling, Fencing, Baseball, Soccer, Boxing
B: Football, Hockey
C: Swimming/Diving, Cycling, Running of any variety (just realized I'd be bored to death watching a triathlon...)

F: Basketball

I just really don't like basketball.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

A: Golf, Tennis, Badminton, Volleyball, Bowling, Fencing, Baseball, Soccer, Boxing
C: Swimming/Diving, Cycling, Running of any variety (just realized I'd be bored to death watching a triathlon...)

Honestly, sports in general are simply more fun to play than watch for many. That's because unlike with many video games, you aren't controlling it, so it's harder to get immersed into the game. This can apply to watching stuff. The entertainment factor needs to be there. The Announcers help this out a lot. Of course, it doesn't mean it's unrealistic to love watching sports or anything. Some just can't get immersed into it, that's all.

To note, despite liking your post, it doesn't mean I like every sport mentioned, etc., I just respect it.

That said, I do like watching Hockey, but only for the fighting scenes... that pretty much don't happen outside of fictional depictions of the game, anyway.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got the same thing

I love playing sports but for the most part I find it boring to watch

Unless some kind of party or something is involved with the watching such as super bowl parties

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Spam Infraction, Not Being Very Nice

Dis boy's got ****ing curling, bowling, and golf that high

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dis boy's got ****ing curling, bowling, and golf that high
Because they're legitimately fun to watch. But yeah, let's respond to someone's opinion with a condescending gif. Because that's not at all useless or a waste of page space. :rolleyes:

Honestly.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
Outback, last time we ordered To-Go from there, took an extra hour to get our food actually made.

Today, they gave us the wrong person's order.

Jesus ****ing Christ

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like how with Pokemon GO, the Egg Walker doesn't give you much kilometers when driving to prevent cheating. Walking to get these eggs hatched makes it more rewarding.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
OMG AJ STYLES DID IT. He beat Jhonny Cena

You know, I'm gonna be quiet because there's no way people liking Curling in 2016

Burruni

Smash Hero
I like how with Pokemon GO, the Egg Walker doesn't give you much kilometers when driving to prevent cheating. Walking to get these eggs hatched makes it more rewarding.
I like how with Pokemon Go, the Egg Walker is nowhere near accurate to the distance you actually travel and is effectively cheating you. Walking double the distance for these eggs with no free way to get more incubators is TOTALLY rewarding.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I like how with Pokemon Go, the Egg Walker is nowhere near accurate to the distance you actually travel and is effectively cheating you. Walking double the distance for these eggs with no free way to get more incubators is TOTALLY rewarding.
The way it works is it checks your location after a set time and it adds how much distance you travelled since the last time it checks...if you literally walk in a circle you won't get any distance on your eggs...if you need to turn around it's best to wait a sec so you're not backtracking on the distance on your eggs...

I think I heard it's up to 175m in a minute...so if you travel farther than that it won't count towards your eggs dsitance either because you're going to fast...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OMG AJ STYLES DID IT. He beat Jhonny Cena

You know, I'm gonna be quiet because there's no way people liking Curling in 2016
What would the year even have to do with it?

I swear, some people in this thread need to mature when it comes to realizing people can have opinions on things, because it's embarrassing at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom