• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ladies and gentlemen.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a game of our times. It needed more friendly controls and a more fleshed out multiplayer, but with those things a sequel could be one of the greatest Nintendo games of all time.

Splatoon is an excellent game with a very weak single player. It needs some less confounding lore, a better, more involved plot, some more entertaining levels, and the ability to purchase and use outfits in offline play areas. It also needs easier local multiplayer and local+online multiplayer. Cosmetic armor should also be implemented, so one can look fresh and have fresh stats at the same time. Then it shall come into it's own.

Once both games are perfected, cross-promotional content of some kind should be added to both games. Preferably elaborate cross-promotional content. Allow the characters to dress up in each others' outfits, have them use each others' weapons (modified according to the job required of them, of course), have a Kid Icarus themed Splatfest. Make the games partners of a sort.

. . .Not sure if this is controversial or not, but having balanced opinions is uncommon so maybe I guess.
Personally I find Kid Icarus too much of a button mashy game. That's just me.

Also, the action takes away from the plot and the one liners. Half of them are missed.

I get why people love the game... it's just not for me.

To call it the game of our times might be a bit much for something that is so formulaic and at times very messy.

That being said, I love the lore and would adore another anime or a manga.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, I'm going to start a game.
It's called the "HD version game".

Pick any video game, any game.
Make it an HD-re-release/remake.

And then give reasons why it's the definitive version of the game. Fix some flaws. Add some content we never knew we wanted.
Go.
Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask remake on the NX (Both are 1 game). Completely remade like FF7R and also includes a 3rd story to complete the story of the Hero of Time.

Last edited:
>fail a trick 20 times in a row
>go look up a tutorail
>i completely missed out on an entire eploit which is probably pivotal
>try again
>get it first try
woohoo!
:061:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Also, the action takes away from the plot and the one liners. Half of them are missed.

To call it the game of our times might be a bit much for something that is so formulaic and at times very messy.

I think he was saying "GOTY" half-heartedly/ironically. A Distant Demon A Distant Demon does that :p
However, judging from what I've heard about the game, improving the controls would make the game substantially better.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

And then give reasons why it's the definitive version of the game. Fix some flaws. Add some content we never knew we wanted.
Go.
Sonic Adventure HD remake

Improvements in gameplay, a mode that lets you play the story in chronological order, reanimated cutscenes redubbed with the current cast, story rewritten a bit, remixed music, improved Chao Garden, and the inclusion of things meant to be in the original game (like the dragon boss in Sky Chase).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No Ice Climbers?

Needs more wobble.
No. **** wobble. That ****'s insane
Sakurai hates the Ice Climbers so much...he's cutting them from Melee...which they were in already...
...He's cutting them from games they're already in...

What's next? Ice Climbers being cut...from Ice Climber?!?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Chrono.

Improvements in gameplay, a mode that lets you play the story in chronological order, reanimated cutscenes redubbed with the current cast, story rewritten a bit, remixed music, improved Chao Garden, and the inclusion of things meant to be in the original game (like the dragon boss in Sky Chase).
Ditto at this.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
First Mission Review.
Is there just not a way to send a zipline back to allies?
I wish the x and y buttons were switched because I fired when trying to switch my sub weapons so often.
"Hidden objectives" make the missions hav some damn good room for replayability.
Control's a bit.... off, but something I feel I can get used to.
7/10. Fun but clunky so far.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Judging by Sakurai's comments about Smash 4, I'm guessing he wired the game like that because he didn't want YouTube videos to "ruin" the experience. Not that there would be half as much one liners or even lore without the constant banter flow.

It could probably do with a bit more polish but it's good enough in that regard that I wouldn't know where to specifically adjust. Adding some more exploration and side paths and ditching some of the brief gameplay shifts/puzzles that weren't as fun might be a decent start.

Would you want some kind of autoplay mode? A ton of people would throw a fit about it, but it would give you time to absorb what everyone was saying.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Judging by Sakurai's comments about Smash 4, I'm guessing he wired the game like that because he didn't want YouTube videos to "ruin" the experience. Not that there would be half as much one liners or even lore without the constant banter flow.

It could probably do with a bit more polish but it's good enough in that regard that I wouldn't know where to specifically adjust. Adding some more exploration and side paths and ditching some of the brief gameplay shifts/puzzles that weren't as fun might be a decent start.

Would you want some kind of autoplay mode? A ton of people would throw a fit about it, but it would give you time to absorb what everyone was saying.
I guess my main issue was constantly rotating and moving the circle pad around seemingly at random a lot of the time while flying. There were too many times in the game where I felt like I wasn't in control of what I was doing and that I was just mashing the circle pad and touch screen. I liked the ground sections... and I looooved the difficulty slider.

But, the best thing about the game?

Weapon fusing.

I spent so long on weapon fusing.

Auto-play probably wouldn't cut it for me... Kid Icarus as a true on the rails shooter...? Don't know if it's be as good. Nowadays if I want the one liners I'll just YT it. Sorry Sakurai.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Go.
Smash NX. It just adds character!

Go buy it!

But if they remake Gen 1 fo NX, that would say so much! IT doesn't need any reasons, but would add new sidequests, mons, and post game content.
I think the League giving Ash the win seems more likely than another rematch at this point. If the League finds out about what Alain did, I think that would just disqualify him from the League entirely.

Pretty sure there won't be an Elite Four League, especially since Sun and Moon's release and the end of the anime will be very close to ending by the time the Team Flare arc ends, so there's no way they'd fit the Elite Four matches in a small timeframe. Lumious City's destruction is already a good way to justify no Elite Four League.

A Diantha match is something they could fit in 1-2 episodes after the Team Flare arc ends, so that seems like a good possibility. Even without that match, a ceremony to recognize Ash's heroism would be a great way to end the anime; it ties back to a point Gamexplain brought up where this will be the first time the world will actually see Ash's heroism since the Team Flare arc is taking place in the city and not some remote ruins.
Ash being declared winner definitely makes sense. I can't see them letting him keep it, if he helps Flare. Definitely won't be an elite 4 league. The destruction would be the reason without a doubt for no league. I think a Dianthia match could happen, it would probably be 2 parts and be a cool conclusion to the season. That point by GX is one I never realized before. That's actually well done on their part. The plans that an evil team have, make it much more serious and better executed if the region knows about it. That will be a nice touch to see. Those reporters from XY's first episode might show up to and we will see the the whole world know about his actions.Which would be pretty nice.

D

Deleted member

Playing through Birthright Chapter 24 right now and it makes me question what went over IS to let this happen
Like, most early chapters had a lot of reinforcements but they were just snall annoyances in Rout maps
Now they literally prevent you from moving forward because they're too strong, too many and show up every single turn just behind you to kill your healers
**** it, I have Warp!Azura and it's a Kill Boss map, I'll just do some Rescue shenanigans and ORKO Hans, it's not like I need the experience when I can grind
Also, Shura is a ****ing beast in this route. 27 base Spd is ridiculous and access to Spy's Yumi guarantees Highwayman. And as I said before, he has these same stats: on CHAPTER 15 in Revelation

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Yeah this is a good idea.
HOWEVER.

I feel like a more deliberation to "improvements in gameplay" is needed. Because all the other stuff is very nice, but Adventure is a very flawed and even after several re-releases, pretty broken game, gameplay wise.

Some suggestions:
- SONIC changes: Limit how much you can break the game's physics by spin-dashing.
- AMY changes: Improve running speed ( alot )
- BIG changes (no pun intended) : Put size indicators over fish. Guesswork isn't fun.

Note taken.

Never listen to A Distant Demon A Distant Demon ever again.

In fact, don't even read Zebei's posts.

That's what you're saying right Kenith Kenith ?
Yes that's correct.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Controversial opinion time.

Dressrosa is easily one of the least impressive One Piece arcs since the time skip. And I do not mean that just because of the pacing and focus on guys who would be important later. Having Rebecca in the spotlight to cry all the time was terrible, half of the crew was missing if only to lead Ceasar away from Big Mom's crew, the fights were mostly one-sided and short barring the Doflamingo battles, and Doffy's family was honestly a disappointment (well except for some characters like Senior Pink and Trebol).
Here we go with this again. Let's break this down shall we.

Yes, I agree that the length and pacing is what really bought down Dressrosa as a whole. But that still didn't ruin what was a great arc in its own right if you ignored its other flaws. Rebecca definitely needs to shut up and Usopp's cowardice in the factory was dumb, but everything else is great. Compare that to Fishman Island, which had a **** villain like Hody Jones and worse fights, and Dressrosa is a much better arc in comparison. Everything about Hody screams "A Bigger and Badder Arlong, but with a stupider motivation and massive hypocrisy. And I can argue that Shirahoshi the mermaid princess is much more annoying with her obnoxious crying compared to Wimpecca. The arc only shown how much stronger the Strawhats have gotten only on a minor scale. Compare that to Dressrosa where we get highlights like

Zoro slicing down a mountain sized Pica with Orlumbus's help and Luffy kicking Doffy around with Gear Fourth. Or how about all the Dressrosa Gladiators willingly becoming part of the massive Strawhat Alliance Fleet to thank him for their escape and teamwork?

I can get the many criticisms about Dressrosa as an arc to this day, but it is FAR from one of the worst One Piece arcs since the time skip.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Go.
Zelda 1 NX

In order to get rupees, you need to pay microtransactions.
This also includes bombs and keys.

Also you need to pay $4.99 for each individual dungeon. Or $6.99 for Ganon.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yeah this is a good idea.
HOWEVER.

I feel like a more deliberation to "improvements in gameplay" is needed. Because all the other stuff is very nice, but Adventure is a very flawed and even after several re-releases, pretty broken game, gameplay wise.

Some suggestions:
- SONIC changes: Limit how much you can break the game's physics by spin-dashing.
- AMY changes: Improve running speed ( alot )
- BIG changes (no pun intended) : Put size indicators over fish. Guesswork isn't fun.
Sonic: The control is pretty much the same, but you're now able to run in a straight line instead of bumping back and forth like in Windy Valley. Spin Dash is a bit nerfed. Sonic's Light Speed Dash is also like the more recent games, where you can do it instantly.
Tails: Same with Sonic, include a mode that lets you play as Tails in levels without races.
Knuckles: You dig by jumping and pressing B (or just press B when on a wall) instead of pressing A and B simultaneously.
Amy: Improve her movement so she isn't as clunky. Is able to get at running speed quicker.
Big: Since Big is considered the weakest part of the game, make it so the fishing isn't as a bore to get through.
Gamma: Make controls less slippery. Include a mode that lets you play the level without the timer.

I came up with another change when typing this.
Make character boss battles more worthwhile. You know, instead of something like this.

And lastly, a new reward for getting all the emblems.
A remake of Sonic Adventure 2's version of City Escape, teasing an SA2 remake

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Go.
*Tags @Speedwagon because I think he'll like this*

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. This game was initially a PS1 exclusive, but has since been ported to other systems including Sega Saturn and PSP. The Saturn version featured a few additional areas and boss battles, some new and remixed music, and a then-exclusive playable character, but it suffered graphical and framerate hiccups that weren't present in the PS1 version. The PSP version was a direct port of the PS1 original that also contained the previously Saturn-exclusive playable character (albeit she plays differently) and one of the previously exclusive boss fights as well as even content that was previously exclusive to the Japanese versions, not to mention the English voice acting was no longer so bad it's good, but it was missing the additional areas and music from the Saturn version.

Basically, my definitive version would be like this:
  • Little to no framerate or graphical hiccups.
  • All the content that either is or was exclusive to the Saturn version is present, as well as brand new areas to explore with new music, items, and bosses. Maybe even hidden playable characters from other Castlevania games such as Simon Belmont. (Of course their appearance would be completely non-canon.)
  • The PSP version's English redub is present, but there's also the option to choose between the original Japanese voice acting (like in the PSP version) and the PS1's English dub. (Fun Fact: Richter Belmont's PSP voice actor also voiced Male Robin in Awakening and Smash 4.)
Of course this is never happening because Konami would likely rather make Castlevania Survive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Here we go with this again. Let's break this down shall we.

Yes, I agree that the length and pacing is what really bought down Dressrosa as a whole. But that still didn't ruin what was a great arc in its own right if you ignored its other flaws. Rebecca definitely needs to shut up and Usopp's cowardice in the factory was dumb, but everything else is great. Compare that to Fishman Island, which had a **** villain like Hody Jones and worse fights, and Dressrosa is a much better arc in comparison. Everything about Hody screams "A Bigger and Badder Arlong, but with a stupider motivation and massive hypocrisy. And I can argue that Shirahoshi the mermaid princess is much more annoying with her obnoxious crying compared to Wimpecca. The arc only shown how much stronger the Strawhats have gotten only on a minor scale. Compare that to Dressrosa where we get highlights like

Zoro slicing down a mountain sized Pica with Orlumbus's help and Luffy kicking Doffy around with Gear Fourth. Or how about all the Dressrosa Gladiators willingly becoming part of the massive Strawhat Alliance Fleet to thank him for their escape and teamwork?

I can get the many criticisms about Dressrosa as an arc to this day, but it is FAR from one of the worst One Piece arcs since the time skip.
I'm with you here. I think everyone will agree that the arc had pacing issues... but was it bad? Not even a little bit. The pros outweigh the cons by a mile.

I think one of the biggest failures was the build up of the amount of amazing characters that were on the island, and then failing to deliver some fantastic fights. Not that we didn't get any - but we just missed some.

Yes, Zoro cutting down Pica was amazing, but that fight was a little boring IMO. Not as bad as Franky and Senor Pink's suplex-off though. But (aside from him being so cowardly), Usopp really shined in the arc, especially by awakening Haki. We got great moments from Cavendish and Barto. Sanji clashing with Dofla, even if only for a second was brilliant. Gear 4 was awesome. Jesus and Sabo and Koala all appeared. Fujitora was a boss. I could go on.

Anyway, rambling aside, this arc had a huge story impact, and I would argue that it is the best since the time skip.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's mine:
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door HD.

- PAPER LUIGI MODE unlocked after beating the main story and buying all the Super Luigi novels. Shorter and more streamlined than Mario's story.

- Changes to battle stage elements - Poison Shroom slots removed, random events such as anvils and buckets falling on you can be interrupted by the player.

- Prince Mush added as a secret boss - part of a questline unlocked after beating every trouble.

- NG+. You have the option to go into NG+ after beating the game. You keep all your badges, items, and levels, but lose abilities and Partners. Enemies have double health and deal double damage.

- Trouble Center is changed - you can cancel quests free of charge.

- Loading times decreased dramatically. Makes travelling less annoying.

- Return Pipe from Super Paper Mario is added so you can get back to Rogueport from almost anywhere. You can also use it to return to where it was used (except in certain parts of the story, and in the Pit of 100 Trials).

- Flower Drain P, All or Nothing P, Lucky Day P, Lucky Start P badges added.

- Various changes to Badge and FP costs. Example; Power Rush now needs 3BP instead of 1BP.

I went in-depth. I love TTYD, but it's got some flaws, I think these would address pretty much all of them.
EDIT: ...Thoughts?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Federation Force has literally named our squad the "Swamp Squad."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Zelda 1 NX

In order to get rupees, you need to pay microtransactions.
This also includes bombs and keys.

Also you need to pay $4.99 for each individual dungeon. Or $6.99 for Ganon.
Is this Zelda made by EA?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Go.
Since SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft stole my idea, I'm going with this:

F-Zero X HD/3D

Pretty much F-Zero X on 3DS and Wii U/NX.

Bring in the control schemes from GX and remastered tracks of the game. Also all the N64DD stages including Rainbow Road, 32 cars online multiplayer, new stages based off of Nintendo stages like Dreamland, Brinstar, Lighting Chariot Base and Corneria.

Also have all the new GX characters in the comic book design that was for X

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Taking suggestions for DLC characters + stages for Smash Universe! ANY gaming character is fair game for suggestions! As far as it goes, the current crop of fighters are...

• Agumon (Digimon)
  • Max & Chole (Life is Strange)
  • Pheonix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Spinal (Killer Instinct)
  • Batsu (Rival Schools)
  • Cuphead (Cuphead, Don't Deal With the Devil)
  • Marvel Comics Character (Will only have appeared in the Marvel vs. Capcom games, and will have moveset based off of said series! To be revealed tomorrow morning!)
  • Mysterious New Fighter! (Again, being kept top secret, and was requested by @Nintenzilla *Reboot* via Twitter! To be revealed tomorrow alongisde the Marvel Comics fighter!)
Request/Suggest away everyone!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Taking suggestions for DLC characters + stages for Smash Universe! ANY gaming character is fair game for suggestions! As far as it goes, the current crop of fighters are...

• Agumon (Digimon)
  • Batsu (Rival Schools)
  • Marvel Comics Character (Will only have appeared in the Marvel vs. Capcom games, and will have moveset based off of said series! To be revealed tomorrow morning!)
  • Mysterious New Fighter! (Again, being kept top secret, and was requested by @Nintenzilla *Reboot* via Twitter! To be revealed tomorrow alongisde the Marvel Comics fighter!)
Forgive me but, what is Smash Universe?

Chrono.

Sonic: The control is pretty much the same, but you're now able to run in a straight line instead of bumping back and forth like in Windy Valley. Spin Dash is a bit nerfed. Sonic's Light Speed Dash is also like the more recent games, where you can do it instantly.
Tails: Same with Sonic, include a mode that lets you play as Tails in levels without races.
Knuckles: You dig by jumping and pressing B (or just press B when on a wall) instead of pressing A and B simultaneously.
Amy: Improve her movement so she isn't as clunky. Is able to get at running speed quicker.
Big: Since Big is considered the weakest part of the game, make it so the fishing isn't as a bore to get through.
Gamma: Make controls less slippery. Include a mode that lets you play the level without the timer.

I came up with another change when typing this.
Make character boss battles more worthwhile. You know, instead of something like this.

And lastly, a new reward for getting all the emblems.
A remake of Sonic Adventure 2's version of City Escape, teasing an SA2 remake
Tails is a tricky character.

Since his action stages are Sonic's, his flight abilities pretty much broke them and were rather underwhelming.

If a remake ever ends up happening I'd like to see a way for them to rethink how Tails' stages should work.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Since SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft stole my idea, I'm going with this:

F-Zero X HD/3D

Pretty much F-Zero X on 3DS and Wii U/NX.

Bring in the control schemes from GX and remastered tracks of the game. Also all the N64DD stages including Rainbow Road, 32 cars online multiplayer, new stages based off of Nintendo stages like Dreamland, Brinstar, Lighting Chariot Base and Corneria.

Also have all the new GX characters in the comic book design that was for X
I love you!

Forgive me but, what is Smash Universe?
http://sactown-studios.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Universe

This lovely gem created by the Afro

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Tails is a tricky character.

Since his action stages are Sonic's, his flight abilities pretty much broke them and were rather underwhelming.

If a remake ever ends up happening I'd like to see a way for them to rethink how Tails' stages should work.
I could also see them nerfing Tails' flying abilities a bit.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Kid Icarus Uprising HD

It's kid Icarus. . .but in HD
with more control options
and improved item balance
and more multiplayer stuff

Game of the Year, guaranteed.
:061:
Despite the flack for it's controls, Kid Icarus Uprising was awesome. The gameplay is great, the weapons and fusing are great and the characters and dialogue are hilarious. I would definitely love a sequel. And I also would like a 2D Metrovania/KatAM-like Kid Icarus game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

• Agumon (Digimon)
  • Batsu (Rival Schools)
Henry Fleming with a Lady Liberty stage perhaps? :D

Or Chrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom