• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This is an interesting theory:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/27918038/hope-for-the-anime

Did Malva and Lysandre rig the match without Alain knowing?

The line of dialog is interesting but I'm not sure. This be a pretty cool element to see incorporated though.

Curious Erureido Erureido what are your thoughts? I'm sure you've heard this theory by now.
You know, now that you brought that up...

Malva's words around the 6:00 mark are really suspicious. She could be talking to a secret microphone at that moment, probably speaking to either Lysandre or Xerosic. Props to Jessie for noticing this in the episode.

One thing I'm looking forward to seeing in this Team Flare arc is how Malva's Team Flare ties will be revealed, and revealing that she rigged the match for Alain's favor, with Lysandre's help, makes sense (wouldn't be surprised if it was mostly her doing since she's part of the Elite 4).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe Mario games could bring back an old villain like Kirby did the n Planet Robobot

Wart*cough*

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And that time Peach, Bowser, and other characters had fully voiced dialogue.

Yeah, we do not speak of those cutscenes.
Bowser's voice actor was ****, but the others were alright.

I wouldn't mind that being revisited in future games if the current voices can have some good delivery with their dialogue. And not just short phrases like "Showtime!" and "Let's a go!".

Chrono.

My personal region rank (note that this is taking into account the most updated version of each region)
  • Johto
  • Unova
  • Kanto
  • Hoenn
  • Sinnoh
  • Lumios--I mean Kalos
Maybe Mario games could bring back an old villain like Kirby did the n Planet Robobot

Wart*cough*
Bring back Sarasaland and whoever was the villain there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My personal region rank (note that this is taking into account the most updated version of each region)
  • Johto
  • Unova
  • Kanto
  • Hoenn
  • Sinnoh
  • Lumios--I mean Kalos

Bring back Sarasaland and whoever was the villain there.
Well, it was a guy working for Wario. He's also in Mario Land 2

But I would like to see him back

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm interested to see why you think that. You are probably correct.
Outside of map design and advancements in gameplay, Fates as a whole is just a mess of a game, the world isn't as interesting, story sucks, characters sucks, questionable decisions in the gameplay that was in there like the child mechanic being brought back for no reason and just making no sense, how massively dull Birthright looks, how Conquest is so unbalanced and Revelations is just gimmicky

Plus it doesn't help that the game is split up into 3 separate games that has no reason to be separated at all and I hate the fact that to enjoy the full Fates experience you have to spend $70-80. And music is sort of a step down but that's just me.

I feel Amazing Mirror was subpar when it comes to the main series.
But I love Amazing Mirror. It takes my favorite Super Star mode "Great Cave Offensive" and makes it into a longer Metroidvania type game.

Plus the music is amazing (lol) and it's the first game that Master Hand and Crazy Hand ever appeared in that wasn't Smsh Bros related and the first time the Smash power up appeared

It holds dear to my heart

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Want something offensive to discuss?
Captain Falcon should be cut from Smash because his series is dead
You're a marked man Zoroarking.
Ranking regions? Okay.

Best to worst

Unova
Hoenn/Sinnoh tie
Orre
Johto
Kanto
Kalos

Even as someone who really enjoyed XY, Kalos is easily my least favorite region.
Mine...

Johto
Kanto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova

Wart*cough*
Nah Wart should be the Yoshi's Island villain.

it means Yoshi gets his own villain instead of borrowing bowser.

Plus shy guys and Birdo are already associated with Yoshi. Might as well get the full package
:061:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Never played Platinum, what did he do?
After ORAS I'm guessing post-Dialga/Palkia you'll probably be able to do that in the DP remake with some excuse about time/space
Heck yeah I'd play Nintendo Network based Underground
Padded cutscenes with incompetence.
And being a braggart about how he's a world-famous detective the entire time.

Dead2Me
No but seriously, why don't you like Looker? He's like the best Pokémon NPC.
He's a Pokemon character who doesn't use Pokemon by principle.
Without anything, say, "tool" wise to make him above human... he's just... there.
And does just about nothing.
Besides pad out the game with more cutscenes.
In the most bloated and slowest region imo.

> Implying Kirby Air Ride is a garbage game.

Feels bad man
I said some.
Namely Mass Attack and the Curse titles.

Anyone know if it's possible to turn off auto-save in older games on PS3?
I want to play Spyro 1 without needing to make a new save every time I want to retry something

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Outside of map design and advancements in gameplay, Fates as a whole is just a mess of a game, the world isn't as interesting, story sucks, characters sucks, questionable decisions in the gameplay that was in there like the child mechanic being brought back for no reason and just making no sense, how massively dull Birthright looks, how Conquest is so unbalanced and Revelations is just gimmicky

Plus it doesn't help that the game is split up into 3 separate games that has no reason to be separated at all and I hate the fact that to enjoy the full Fates experience you have to spend $70-80. And music is sort of a step down but that's just me.
I agree with all of that, but I still Birthright is the best of the 3 despite being the "filthy casual" version of the game.
I also forgot that yeah, getting the full story experience in Fates is ****ing extortionate.

Also, Fates has a fantastic OST.
Like, it's impossible not to love this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Anyone know if it's possible to turn off auto-save in older games on PS3?
I want to play Spyro 1 without needing to make a new save every time I want to retry something
I own all 3 Crash PS1 games that are offered on the PSN on my PS3 and generally there is no autosave other than the standard saving options in games.

Sucks because Crash 1 would really benefit from having that save functionality with it's rage-inducing save system.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Give Tatanga better machinery and a bigger plan.

Then we can think about giving Daisy an excuse to be more relevant in more than spinoffs.
And a certain elephant in the room can finally shut up and stop harassing others about Daisy.

Oh wait, this talk is forbidden around here.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I agree with all of that, but I still Birthright is the best of the 3 despite being the "filthy casual" version of the game.
I also forgot that yeah, getting the full story experience in Fates is ****ing extortionate.

Nice choice in music

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Don't mistake me, the soundtrack is good. Really good. Just compared to Radiant Dawn and Awakening, just feels alright in comparison

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Don't forget this masterpiece.

This was such an amazing track to hear in the final chapters of Birthright.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ladies and gentlemen.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a game of our times. It needed more friendly controls and a more fleshed out multiplayer, but with those things a sequel could be one of the greatest Nintendo games of all time.

Splatoon is an excellent game with a very weak single player. It needs some less confounding lore, a better, more involved plot, some more entertaining levels, and the ability to purchase and use outfits in offline play areas. It also needs easier local multiplayer and local+online multiplayer. Cosmetic armor should also be implemented, so one can look fresh and have fresh stats at the same time. Then it shall come into it's own.

Once both games are perfected, cross-promotional content of some kind should be added to both games. Preferably elaborate cross-promotional content. Allow the characters to dress up in each others' outfits, have them use each others' weapons (modified according to the job required of them, of course), have a Kid Icarus themed Splatfest. Make the games partners of a sort.

. . .Not sure if this is controversial or not, but having balanced opinions is uncommon so maybe I guess.

I own all 3 Crash PS1 games that are offered on the PSN on my PS3 and generally there is no autosave other than the standard saving options in games.

Sucks because Crash 1 would really benefit from having that save functionality with it's rage-inducing save system.
all 3 spyro games have an autosave.

Speedrunning practice and autosaves do not mix well. And my original disc for spyro 1 is giving an error so PS3 is my only choice :(

D

Deleted member

Personally, I feel like Fates is a huge improvement from Awakening
I love most of the playable cast, the map design is great(well, at least for Conquest) and I like the gameplay change
The story is hot garbage though and some things just make me question "WHY?" such as Birthright's obnoxious reinforcements, atrocious map design like BR Chapter 23, FE Amie, kids having no place in this game and Revelation's balancing
Like, seriously, if you're going to copy paste bases, then why do something like taking Shura's Birthright Chapter 22 stats for Rev Chapter 15 instead of Conquest's Chapter 16 bases

The soundtrack is just phenomenal though, Alight and Road Taken are one my favorite tracks in all of FE

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nice choice in music
It's seriously the best song in Fates. It's such a simple tune but it's perfect.
I also really enjoy Dusk Falls, A Dark Fall, Thorn in You, End of All, and Justice RIP.
Don't mistake me, the soundtrack is good. Really good. Just compared to Radiant Dawn and Awakening, just feels alright in comparison
Awakening was good too, but its battle themes were kind of so-so for me.
My favorite tracks in the game were always the understated ones.
Like "You have power...like mine", Id (Beginnings), "Here we are! The shepherd's garrison!", and "....."

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And considering he looked like this
View attachment 115765
It looks like he is saying " How the hell did I even win?"
true, plus when he saw the shuriken, his face was like holy **** it's over!

You know, now that you brought that up...

Malva's words around the 6:00 mark are really suspicious. She could be talking to a secret microphone at that moment, probably speaking to either Lysandre or Xerosic. Props to Jessie for noticing this in the episode.

One thing I'm looking forward to seeing in this Team Flare arc is how Malva's Team Flare ties will be revealed, and revealing that she rigged the match for Alain's favor, with Lysandre's help, makes sense (wouldn't be surprised if it was mostly her doing since she's part of the Elite 4).
It does seem suspicious, especially when you look at what Jessie says. I really interested to see if this will be true and what happens because of it. Then they could have the league win go to Ash or a rematch where Ash wins. There'd be no elite four league due to everything that happened, but Dianthia might still fight Ash. Perhaps at a ceremony to thank him and the others for saving the region. It be a nice wrap up to the anime and he could learn of Alola here.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
LETS GOOOOOOOO

FED FORCE ADVENTURES!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Padded cutscenes with incompetence.
And being a braggart about how he's a world-famous detective the entire time.

He's a Pokemon character who doesn't use Pokemon by principle.
Without anything, say, "tool" wise to make him above human... he's just... there.
And does just about nothing.
Besides pad out the game with more cutscenes.
In the most bloated and slowest region imo.

I said some.
Namely Mass Attack and the Curse titles.
I'll offer a different perspective on Looker.

First off, I wouldn't say he's a braggart at all. Most times he brings up being a member of the International Police, it seems like he's saying it naturally. Like how an FBI agent would say *Insert Name*, Federal Bureau of Investigation when bringing someone in.

I also wouldn't say he does nothing. He's actively investigating Galactic when he helps you get into their headquarters. Not to mention he personally arrests and brings in Charon in the Platinum post game using his Croagunk.

Looker also brings a different perspective to the series: the people who don't train Pokémon. He's only seen using a Pokémon once, as mentioned above, because his job simply doesn't require them. This, to me, isn't padding. It's world building. I like when there's lots of stuff to do in the main quest. I can't fathom how some people just speed through the story just to get to the post game stuff. Pokemon should be an experience, IMO.

That and XY gave Looker a lot more depth as well. It's heavily implied he's struggling to cope with the fact that his Croagunk died on the job, and he blames himself. He's also struggling to keep food on the table or keep his office, and it gets worse when he becomes a surrogate father figure to Emma. And then he has to cope with leaving her behind because he has to leave Lumiose due to his police work, giving Emma control of the Kalos detective agency. Yeah, he's bumbling at times, but it's his character flaw. He realizes it, and it's implied he feels great guilt over it.

So yeah, those are my thoughts on Looker.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I'm going to start a game.
It's called the "HD version game".

Pick any video game, any game.
Make it an HD-re-release/remake.

And then give reasons why it's the definitive version of the game. Fix some flaws. Add some content we never knew we wanted.
Go.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'll offer a different perspective on Looker.

First off, I wouldn't say he's a braggart at all. Most times he brings up being a member of the International Police, it seems like he's saying it naturally. Like how an FBI agent would say *Insert Name*, Federal Bureau of Investigation when bringing someone in.

I also wouldn't say he does nothing. He's actively investigating Galactic when he helps you get into their headquarters. Not to mention he personally arrests and brings in Charon in the Platinum post game using his Croagunk.

Looker also brings a different perspective to the series: the people who don't train Pokémon. He's only seen using a Pokémon once, as mentioned above, because his job simply doesn't require them. This, to me, isn't padding. It's world building. I like when there's lots of stuff to do in the main quest. I can't fathom how some people just speed through the story just to get to the post game stuff. Pokemon should be an experience, IMO.

That and XY gave Looker a lot more depth as well. It's heavily implied he's struggling to cope with the fact that his Croagunk died on the job, and he blames himself. He's also struggling to keep food on the table or keep his office, and it gets worse when he becomes a surrogate father figure to Emma. And then he has to cope with leaving her behind because he has to leave Lumiose due to his police work, giving Emma control of the Kalos detective agency. Yeah, he's bumbling at times, but it's his character flaw. He realizes it, and it's implied he feels great guilt over it.

So yeah, those are my thoughts on Looker.
Looker is a pretty cool character, also he is quite the looker

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

And then give reasons why it's the definitive version of the game. Fix some flaws. Add some content we never knew we wanted.
Go.
Melee HD. All characters other than Marth, Ganondorf, Fox, Falco and Sheik are removed. The competitive crowd would love it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Controversial opinion time.

Dressrosa is easily one of the least impressive One Piece arcs since the time skip. And I do not mean that just because of the pacing and focus on guys who would be important later. Having Rebecca in the spotlight to cry all the time was terrible, half of the crew was missing if only to lead Ceasar away from Big Mom's crew, the fights were mostly one-sided and short barring the Doflamingo battles, and Doffy's family was honestly a disappointment (well except for some characters like Senior Pink and Trebol).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It does seem suspicious, especially when you look at what Jessie says. I really interested to see if this will be true and what happens because of it. Then they could have the league win go to Ash or a rematch where Ash wins. There'd be no elite four league due to everything that happened, but Dianthia might still fight Ash. Perhaps at a ceremony to thank him and the others for saving the region. It be a nice wrap up to the anime and he could learn of Alola here.
I think the League giving Ash the win seems more likely than another rematch at this point. If the League finds out about what Alain did, I think that would just disqualify him from the League entirely.

Pretty sure there won't be an Elite Four League, especially since Sun and Moon's release and the anime will be very close to ending by the time the Team Flare arc ends, so there's no way they'd fit the Elite Four matches in a small timeframe. Lumious City's destruction is already a good way to justify no Elite Four League.

A Diantha match is something they could fit in 1-2 episodes after the Team Flare arc ends, so that seems like a good possibility. Even without that match, a ceremony to recognize Ash's heroism would be a great way to end the anime; it ties back to a point Gamexplain brought up where this will be the first time the world will actually see Ash's heroism since the Team Flare arc is taking place in the city and not some remote ruins.

Last edited:
Well.
It's time.
THE FEDERATION THREECES EMBARK.
LETS GOOOOOOOO

FED FORCE ADVENTURES!
Good luck brave warriors! /salute

Go.
Kid Icarus Uprising HD

It's kid Icarus. . .but in HD
with more control options
and improved item balance
and more multiplayer stuff

Game of the Year, guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom