• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Sonic: The control is pretty much the same, but you're now able to run in a straight line instead of bumping back and forth like in Windy Valley. Spin Dash is a bit nerfed. Sonic's Light Speed Dash is also like the more recent games, where you can do it instantly.
Tails: Same with Sonic, include a mode that lets you play as Tails in levels without races.
Knuckles: You dig by jumping and pressing B (or just press B when on a wall) instead of pressing A and B simultaneously.
Amy: Improve her movement so she isn't as clunky. Is able to get at running speed quicker.
Big: Since Big is considered the weakest part of the game, make it so the fishing isn't as a bore to get through.
Gamma: Make controls less slippery. Include a mode that lets you play the level without the timer.

I came up with another change when typing this.
Make character boss battles more worthwhile. You know, instead of something like this.

And lastly, a new reward for getting all the emblems.
A remake of Sonic Adventure 2's version of City Escape, teasing an SA2 remake
i was thinking Big could be redone into a strength-based character, but I don't know how finding Froggy could be redone without making levels essentially Knuckles's levels with a different coat of paint

Taking suggestions for DLC characters + stages for Smash Universe! ANY gaming character is fair game for suggestions! As far as it goes, the current crop of fighters are...

• Agumon (Digimon)
  • Max & Chole (Life is Strange)
  • Pheonix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Spinal (Killer Instinct)
  • Batsu (Rival Schools)
  • Cuphead (Cuphead, Don't Deal With the Devil)
  • Marvel Comics Character (Will only have appeared in the Marvel vs. Capcom games, and will have moveset based off of said series! To be revealed tomorrow morning!)
  • Mysterious New Fighter! (Again, being kept top secret, and was requested by @Nintenzilla *Reboot* via Twitter! To be revealed tomorrow alongisde the Marvel Comics fighter!)
Request/Suggest away everyone!
i've said this a million times, but i feel this guy should be taken into consideration

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I keep thinking. . .someone really needs to do an Axe Cop/Dr. McNinja type Smash Bros fan comic.

We've got some gag-a-days, but the series is practically built for a really off the wall action comic that celebrates it's own insane universe.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We sucked pretty badly there.

"But knowing them they probably aren't opening a zoo."

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
i was thinking Big could be redone into a strength-based character, but I don't know how finding Froggy could be redone without making levels essentially Knuckles's levels with a different coat of paint
While I wouldn't mind that, my goal was to keep the character's gameplay from the original. I want this hypothetical remake to not only improve the original, but respect it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Taking suggestions for DLC characters + stages for Smash Universe! ANY gaming character is fair game for suggestions! As far as it goes, the current crop of fighters are...

• Agumon (Digimon)
  • Max & Chole (Life is Strange)
  • Pheonix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Spinal (Killer Instinct)
  • Batsu (Rival Schools)
  • Cuphead (Cuphead, Don't Deal With the Devil)
  • Marvel Comics Character (Will only have appeared in the Marvel vs. Capcom games, and will have moveset based off of said series! To be revealed tomorrow morning!)
  • Mysterious New Fighter! (Again, being kept top secret, and was requested by @Nintenzilla *Reboot* via Twitter! To be revealed tomorrow alongisde the Marvel Comics fighter!)
Request/Suggest away everyone!
My two character suggestions are Ragna the Bloodedge and Noel Vermillion from the BlazBlue series.

As for stage ideas, the Lor Starcutter, the Plains of Hoshido, and the Cave of Origin are a few that I would consider.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Chrono.

It's a possibility, but I think that guy is not just a troll.

We will know tomorrow, because the leak said Rainbow Greninja will be revealed tomorrow.
Oh I didn't see that part.

Leaks with a set time limit are always fun.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Did you guys talk about this Pokemon Sun and Moon leak?
http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/13/rumor-new-pokemon-sun-moon-information-leaked/

Because someone datamined something (or whatever) and found the Happy Hour Meowth.
https://twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/766756928127168513
Marshadow is an emissary of light?

A dolphin WOULD match the shape of an eclipse though.

Mfw new leaks pop up.

Now how can we know this Meowth isn't just some hacked one?
That's a beautiful expression.

And yeaaaaah, that's a good point come to think of it. Jumping to conclusions might be bad since Pokemon is the most hacked to death mess on the planet. And the leak said the O.T. was Alola when the hack says the O.T. is Happy.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Because someone datamined something (or whatever) and found the Happy Hour Meowth.
  • Yes. The Z-Bracelet is a key item in your backpack. Selecting it allows you to place 1 mega stone and 1 z stone inside of it. This allows for more crazy strategies because your Mega Pokémon can now hold items like Rayquaza due to this.
And thus, Smogon banned every Mega Pokemon in existence to AG.
That's only if it's true, which I'm pretty sure it's not cause:
  • The Strange Souvenir item in XY depicts a Ghost/Rock Pokémon from Alola named Gigareki. It’s a giant tiki (different from the Tapu lines) that has an amazing laughing animation when you battle with it. It is said to be the oldest living Pokémon, and seen as a “Teacher” in many ways.
Last time I checked, Gigareki is not a Pokemon, it's a Steam game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a question that hardens back to the SSF2 hype from a few days ago.

As we know, that roster has four non-video game characters on it, namely anime characters. But...let's say you made a roster, but also had to include four non-video game characters. Who would you pick? Why? What would they do in-game?

Note: The characters must also be fictional, so no Nintendo employees or anything like that. They also can't be Nintendo-owned, so no Captain N either. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

The one part of the leak that catches my interest is the part about a postgame that is implied to be the other side of the railroad in Kalos, and from "only a Pokemon that emits a special light to the other side" seems to hint an event legendary. The Marshadow and Gigareki details also look interesting. The S.S. Anne detail matches up with another leak that mentions there will be multiple recurring characters from past games, while the Salandit detail matches up with a leak on Pokebeach.

Other than that, there a few things about this leak that make me skeptical. One, if we were to get Happy Hour Meowth in Worlds, the Pokemon website would've already notified about this one to two weeks ago. As for the Rainbow Greninja detail, there has never been any new details about upcoming Pokemon games that is announced during the closing ceremony of Worlds. Special announcements like that are saved for the opening ceremony. Perhaps the pattern could be broken this year, but I doubt it.

Ivander

Smash Legend

As we know, that roster has four non-video game characters on it, namely anime characters. But...let's say you made a roster, but also had to include four non-video game characters. Who would you pick? Why? What would they do in-game?

Note: The characters must also be fictional, so no Nintendo employees or anything like that. They also can't be Nintendo-owned, so no Captain N either. :p
Last time I checked, the character Captain N was not owned by Nintendo.

Anyway, if I had to pick, they'd be:
-Mickey Mouse
-Scrooge McDuck
-Spiderman
-Darth Vader

I don't think I need to explain what they do in-game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Well that was debunked fast.
Yeah fake. Rainbow greninja comes from another fake text leak, this is piggybacking. gigareki is a game, not a pokemon. And the distributions at world's are the kanto starters. No sign of meowth currently.

Chrono.

Well now I'm just disappointed we don't have anymore rumors bar the big 4.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well we are done for the night.

We got trough seven missions and beat the first major boss.

There is a little plot to the game.

Space pirates are going after very particular things...

I had a lot of fun.

Either way, what did you think Burruni Burruni and Depressed Gengar Depressed Gengar ?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I. . .have no idea.

. . .Winnie the Pooh characters reimagined as characters in a shonen about Tigger and Roo saving the world from the forces of badness.

Tigger uses inventions, Rabbit uses gardening tools, Piglet uses the power of his own fear to turn his shadow into an eldritch abomination and Roo just steals whatever moveset you have in mind for Elma because he can.

The stage is Jagular Ninja Village because anyone that jumps down at you from trees and never actually shows up in the franchise outside of name is probably a ninja.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the planet who would find this entertaining but. . .IDK.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finally got the internet back and I found this... Opossum Opossum you seen this yet?

>Tiffany Espensen playing 'Cindy'

Cindy Moon for 2nd Spider-Man movie when???
I wonder how this factors into the rumor that says Zendaya is actually playing Mary Jane, according to a supposed insider. Still though, it'd be pretty awesome to see Silk in the MCU. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm going to repost this, because a whole bunch of MPFF reviews came up and it went by almost unnoticed...So Eclipse Pokemon speculation...
Some interesting points made, keep in mind that Marshadow may or may not be the Eclipse Legendary.......it may not even be a legendary perhaps just a shadowy marsh pokemon or something...So far all we got is the Trademark...

With that said I feel like the most likely choice is going to be a Scorpion legendary...A lot of the symbolism behind the Scorpion in alchemy as well as the Manitcore being comprised of a Lion, a Bat, and a Scorpion...Perhaps this is a similar circumstance as the Tao trio where the three legends all formed one monstrous pokemon...

Some additional points regarding the Wolf that Lockstin missed in his video, put them in spoilers since it's rather lengthy...
n Norse Mythology (wolves are very prevalent in Norse folklore mind you) during Ragnarok there's a pair of Wolves that devour the Sun and Moon (the sun and moon are depicted being carried by a pair of chariots Sol and Mani) anyways, it's interesting to note that the names of the wolves are Sköll and Hati...Sköll? Team Skull? but what of Hati, the one that devoured Mani (the moon) at Ragnarok?

In addition Odin has a pair of wolf companions (similar to his ravens Hugin and Munin) named Freki and Geri, (who's names mean either 'the ravenous one' or 'greedy one')...Also an interesting paragraph I found involving Odin's wolves and ravens...
In a biological symbiosis one organism typically shores up some weakness or deficiency of the other(s). As in such a symbiosis, Odin the father of all humans and gods, though in human form was imperfect by himself. As a separate entity he lacked depth perception (being one-eyed) and he was apparently also uninformed and forgetful. But his weaknesses were compensated by his ravens, Hugin (mind) and Munin (memory) who were part of him. They perched on his shoulders and reconnoitered to the ends of the earth each day to return in the evening and tell him the news. He also had two wolves at his side, and the man/god-raven-wolf association was like one single organism in which the ravens were the eyes, mind, and memory, and the wolves the providers of meat and nourishment. As god, Odin was the ethereal part—he only drank wine and spoke only in poetry. I wondered if the Odin myth was a metaphor that playfully and poetically encapsulates ancient knowledge of our prehistoric past as hunters in association with two allies to produce a powerful hunting alliance. It would reflect a past that we have long forgotten and whose meaning has been obscured and badly frayed as we abandoned our hunting cultures to become herders and agriculturists, to whom ravens act as competitors.
Rockruff's evolution could take inspiration from some of these wolves...Skoll and Hati, sun and moon devourers? something to think about...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OOOOOH I remember Deity. @GoldenYuiitusin smacktalked him and called him gay for Geno once, right? That made me nearly piss myself when I first saw that
.....I'm pretty sure I didn't use that specific phrasing.

I may have used different terminology to address the same insult based around both his overpraising of Geno and his blatant homophobic nature using his religion as an excuse, but using the phrase "gay for X" is not something I can willingly say without feeling wrong inside unless it's used in a manner that no one would really take offense to such as saying "even the most heterosexual of men is gay for X" to insinuate that the subject in question is THAT attractive.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I wonder how this factors into the rumor that says Zendaya is actually playing Mary Jane, according to a supposed insider. Still though, it'd be pretty awesome to see Silk in the MCU. :p
She is also following the Silk creative team on twitter, so I don't think its much of a stretch to think she is...

Also on the topic of MJ, I wonder if 'Michelle' is just a cover name and her real name is actually Mary Jane Watson...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Galactic Federation - Mecha Suit Division - Burruni

Star Date: Sierra Romeo 339.

My first deployment session in the experimental division of the army has been a turbulent one.

Exploring the three planetoids of the Bermuda sector, we have found ourselves pitted against many dangerous foes.

It began on a survey of the abandoned outpost on Excelcion, the largest celestial body encased in eternal winter. Here we came across the threat of Ice Titans which seem to be the prime predator of wildlife. With much struggling, my partners and I have managed to capture four of the behemoths for further research... hopefully for a means to fell these beasts.

Bion, a desert-like biome encasing massive ruins, was the second target of our exploration. Here, we have found data codexes which are going through encryption as we speak. Many odd devices power these ruins... some of which share an eerie similarity to the "Blast Balls" we use for training the mechs in a smaller form.

The most shocking events, however, came on Talvania. Massive structures stand to this day... and fully operational at that. We were able to stop one particular reactor which seemed to be overwhelming the production of the factory, and risked total meltdown. However, when we made our escape... we were met with none other than the Space Pirate threat thought left in utter shambles and scattered across the galaxy after the efforts of Samus Aran. With the famous bounty hunter's aide, we have begun investigating and fighting against these damn rogues, who were able to pilfer one of the ice titans we gathered alongside showing heavy interest in the data codexes from Bion... The largest effort for fighting back was an infiltration mission, unarmed, through one of their bases and setting it to implode..... My partners would prefer if I didn't share how long it took them to figure out how I slipped past the security system.

However, things did not end calmly after this. When attempting to rescue a small survey team from exploring an underground lake on Excelcion, we found ourselves with... a small school of eel-like creatures large enough to swallow a man whole. When we just seemed to be free of the foul beasts.... two of them merged, revitalized, into a colossal foe.... While having a thick, armor-like arrangement of scales, their bodies were more than vulnerable enough to bring an end to their lives. Without doubt this is the work of the Space Pirates.... and to them we blame for the lost of that investigation team.

The controls of these mechs are certainly not something any common soldier can jump into without issue. The aiming system seems... a bit unworldly at times, but nothing too grand to wrangle into what you need. But... of course this could be me just not having enough experience left.

Mission Report - - - Complete.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned that apparently there are white stereotypes that white people don't season their food and white stereotypes that white people don't wear deodorant

Do I just not know white people stereotypes because I'm mixed?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just learned that apparently there are white stereotypes that white people don't season their food and white stereotypes that white people don't wear deodorant

I'm white and don't really season my food. Added to my list of stereotypes that apply to me, along with lack of dance skills. :p

She is also following the Silk creative team on twitter, so I don't think its much of a stretch to think she is...

Also on the topic of MJ, I wonder if 'Michelle' is just a cover name and her real name is actually Mary Jane Watson...
I saw this kinda hilarious Reddit theory about it being a Hannah Montana situation. :laugh:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

1. Goku (Dragon Ball): I *almost* want Goku in Smash, so if I had to choose four non-video game characters, he's my first choice by far. And there's obviously tons of reference for his moveset, so I don't need to elaborate. However, I think he should be able to go Super Saiyan as a move instead of a Final Smash. Namek stage.

2. Batman: Because he's ****ing Batman. He would fight like he does in the Arkham games mostly. He could have his look from those games as the default, with the B:TAS version as an alt. Gotham Rooftops stage.

3. Mickey Mouse (Disney): Simply because outside of not being a video game character, he's still got an impressive history with games. His moveset would be like Mario but with a "and the kitchen sink too" vibe, referencing his cartoon origins AND referencing all the games he's starred in, such as Castle of Illusion, Epic Mickey, etc. His current design is the default, which classic Mickey, King Mickey from Kingdom Hearts, and Wizard Mickey as alts. Castle of Illusion stage. (with DuckTales music, too)

4. Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh): Admittedly, I don't know much about this franchise or its lore. But Yugi could be interesting because he would be a proper summon character, putting iconic monsters on the field to fight for him. He's had a fair number of games and is sort of represents both a card game and an anime, so that's nice. Final Smash is Exodius because of course it is. No idea what his stage would be.

-- Honorable Mentions --

* Shrek - Little moveset potential, [he's-****ing-Shrek]
* Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony) - No relevance to video games
* Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) - Too dark
* Harry Potter - Lack of personal knowledge
* Spiderman - Already have an iconic superhero, less moveset potential

I went for characters that have a lot of history with video games, are iconic, and ones that I personally think would blend in well with the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
1. Goku (Dragon Ball): I *almost* want Goku in Smash, so if I had to choose four non-video game characters, he's my first choice by far. And there's obviously tons of reference for his moveset, so I don't need to elaborate. However, I think he should be able to go Super Saiyan as a move instead of a Final Smash. Namek stage.

2. Batman: Because he's ****ing Batman. He would fight like he does in the Arkham games mostly. He could have his look from those games as the default, with the B:TAS version as an alt. Gotham Rooftops stage.

3. Mickey Mouse (Disney): Simply because outside of not being a video game character, he's still got an impressive history with games. His moveset would be like Mario but with a "and the kitchen sink too" vibe, referencing his cartoon origins AND referencing all the games he's starred in, such as Castle of Illusion, Epic Mickey, etc. His current design is the default, which classic Mickey, King Mickey from Kingdom Hearts, and Wizard Mickey as alts. Castle of Illusion stage. (with DuckTales music, too)

4. Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh): Admittedly, I don't know much about this franchise or its lore. But Yugi could be interesting because he would be a proper summon character, putting iconic monsters on the field to fight for him. He's had a fair number of games and is sort of represents both a card game and an anime, so that's nice. Final Smash is Exodius because of course it is. No idea what his stage would be.

-- Honorable Mentions --

* Shrek - Little moveset potential, [he's-****ing-Shrek]
* Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony) - No relevance to video games
* Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) - Too dark
* Harry Potter - Lack of personal knowledge

I went for characters that have a lot of history with video games, are iconic, and ones that I personally think would blend in well with the rest of the cast.
Replace Yami Yugi w/ Captain America/ Iron Man and that's basically who I'd want.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Replace Yami Yugi w/ Captain America/ Iron Man and that's basically who I'd want.
I didn't do multiple characters from the same property or two superheroes, otherwise I probably would have added Spiderman.
Although I almost went with Twilight Sparkle, but Yugi's moveset potential made me pick him.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I can see the no deodorant stereotype to go with the whole 'White Trash' label...

No seasoning? That's a very strange stereotype, especially since EVERYONE uses salt and pepper on their food...

inb4 "I don't use salt and pepper on my food"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I can see the no deodorant stereotype to go with the whole 'White Trash' label...

No seasoning? That's a very strange stereotype, especially since EVERYONE uses salt and pepper on their food...

inb4 "I don't use salt and pepper on my food"
I don't use salt and pepper on my food.
I just use salt :awesome:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So uh... I wanted to say goodbye before the permaban kicks in. Probably not gonna be for a while but ah well I can wait.
So... Goodbye.

(And no this isn't out of spite or anything like that. It's not because of any discourse or fallout, as I know some might think that. It's just more of a personal decision honestly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom