• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

So uh... I wanted to say goodbye before the permaban kicks in. Probably not gonna be for a while but ah well I can wait.
So... Goodbye.

(And no this isn't out of spite or anything like that. It's not because of any discourse or fallout, as I know some might think that. It's just more of a personal decision honestly.)
Hope things work out for you.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So uh... I wanted to say goodbye before the permaban kicks in. Probably not gonna be for a while but ah well I can wait.
So... Goodbye.

(And no this isn't out of spite or anything like that. It's not because of any discourse or fallout, as I know some might think that. It's just more of a personal decision honestly.)
I remember you were one of the first members I saw on this site. It's a shame to see you go.

Regardless, I totally respect your decision. Hopefully things work out for you.

See ya.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just learned that apparently there are white stereotypes that white people don't season their food and white stereotypes that white people don't wear deodorant

Do I just not know white people stereotypes because I'm mixed?
I do wear deodorant, but it doesn't mean I like it. That or I've only been exposed to the really disgusting ones if I think my sweat smells nicer.
And I do use salt for some foods.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So... Goodbye.

Damn shame... Hope things work out for ya.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So... Goodbye.

Aw man, it seems like everyone's leaving anymore. ;-;

Well. . .best of luck to you. . .I don't know why you're leaving but feel free to come back. . .

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You'll be sorely missed @Substitution . You were great friend to have around. In the Smash 4 Social, the NintenZone, the Disco Room, and her as well. Everyone is going to miss you.

Good luck for your life ahead.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
*sees Swampasaur and Burruni playing Fed Force*
*Laments being stuck at work and not being able to get it*

Did you guys talk about this Pokemon Sun and Moon leak?
http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/13/rumor-new-pokemon-sun-moon-information-leaked/

Because someone datamined something (or whatever) and found the Happy Hour Meowth.
https://twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/766756928127168513
There's another slight problem with this leak on top of the Gigareki issue. While it gets the Happy Hour Meowth right, the leak says it has Alola as an OT.

Unless Alola was renamed within another country (which I doubt), that Meowth's OT is not Alola, it's 'Happy'.

Also, good luck @Substitution

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*sees Swampasaur and Burruni playing Fed Force*
*Laments being stuck at work and not being able to get it*

There's another slight problem with this leak on top of the Gigareki issue. While it gets the Happy Hour Meowth right, the leak says it has Alola as an OT.

Unless Alola was renamed within another country (which I doubt), that Meowth's OT is not Alola, it's 'Happy'.

Also, good luck @Substitution
  • Rainbow Greninja will be revealed by TPC on Aug 21.
Well, we'll know if it's fake tomorrow regardless if it talks about stupid things

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good bye @Substitution , I hope everything will go well for you!

Also, I just looked a video on FE Revelation Chapter 17 and...
God, what did they do to Odin?!
My god, they just hit him with the nerf hammer....
It's as painful to watch as Melee Kirby.

My region ranking:
1. Unova
2. Johto
3. Kanto
4. Hoenn
5. Sinnoh
6. Kalos

Well, I'm going to start a game.
It's called the "HD version game".

Pick any video game, any game.
Make it an HD-re-release/remake.

And then give reasons why it's the definitive version of the game. Fix some flaws. Add some content we never knew we wanted.
Go.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star HD. Throw the stickers and Kersti to trash, and turn it into a proper Paper Mario like it was supposed to be at first.

Taking suggestions for DLC characters + stages for Smash Universe! ANY gaming character is fair game for suggestions! As far as it goes, the current crop of fighters are...

• Agumon (Digimon)
  • Max & Chole (Life is Strange)
  • Pheonix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Spinal (Killer Instinct)
  • Batsu (Rival Schools)
  • Cuphead (Cuphead, Don't Deal With the Devil)
  • Marvel Comics Character (Will only have appeared in the Marvel vs. Capcom games, and will have moveset based off of said series! To be revealed tomorrow morning!)
  • Mysterious New Fighter! (Again, being kept top secret, and was requested by @Nintenzilla *Reboot* via Twitter! To be revealed tomorrow alongisde the Marvel Comics fighter!)
Request/Suggest away everyone!
If I remember correctly, Bomberman was missing from your character list.

So I suggest him. And Gengar.

So here's a question that hardens back to the SSF2 hype from a few days ago.

As we know, that roster has four non-video game characters on it, namely anime characters. But...let's say you made a roster, but also had to include four non-video game characters. Who would you pick? Why? What would they do in-game?

Note: The characters must also be fictional, so no Nintendo employees or anything like that. They also can't be Nintendo-owned, so no Captain N either. :p
Mickey Mouse (do I even need to explain?)
Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales)
Garfield (childhood reasons)
Batman (I love Arkham series)

So... Goodbye.

You will be missed. Farewell!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I tried Resident Evil Revelations tonight.

Not a game to play before bed.

It gets you pumped.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
12 hours to go until the SG livestream event!

For more details, check out the post on SmashBoards.

Xander Mobus, the announcer for Smash for Wii U/3DS.
Ash Paulsen, GameXplain
Artsy Omni, Smashified
...and of course, a lot of us from Source Gaming

...will be making an appearance on stream. I hope to see everyone there!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
To @Substitution - You've been a great part of the Nintenzone Community. I wish you well for the path ahead of you - and you're always welcome to come back when you feel ready to.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I tried Resident Evil Revelations tonight.

Not a game to play before bed.

It gets you pumped.
I just finished RE5, which I loved. It's no RE4, but it's still very good.

Apparently Revelations 2 is really good too.

What platform are you playing RE on?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
.....I'm pretty sure I didn't use that specific phrasing.

I may have used different terminology to address the same insult based around both his overpraising of Geno and his blatant homophobic nature using his religion as an excuse, but using the phrase "gay for X" is not something I can willingly say without feeling wrong inside unless it's used in a manner that no one would really take offense to such as saying "even the most heterosexual of men is gay for X" to insinuate that the subject in question is THAT attractive.
I'm aware you didn't say it like that, just was REAAAALY tired last night. It was "Maybe you keep bashing gays because you're gay for Geno" or something like that

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Damn it, I bought two wrong map on Fates.
When the Festival map will be out in Europe? Does anybody have any ideas?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Adios @Substitution and all the best.

Everyone else, what's the most off the wall character you've ever made a moveset for? I've got ones for FLUDD as a solo character and one for Pidgeotto that makes heavy use of the now cut Gliding mechanic.

Last edited:

Everyone else, what's the most off the wall character you've ever made a moveset for? I've got ones for FLUDD as a solo character and one for Pidgeotto that makes heavy use of the now cut Gliding mechanic.
I once created an incomplete moveset for Koopa Clown Car (coincidentally before Bowser Jr. was revealed).

I also have created two (incomplete) movesets for Garfield (one for solo Garfield and one for him and Odie duo).

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also FYI
Next "Federation Threeces" session is going to be tomorrow.
All three of us have some engagements today that mess up most of the availability.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

I once made a moveset for French Toast Crunch

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I once made a moveset for your mom

It only had up and down

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This is slightly late, since I was sleeping at the time, but...

@Substitution Goodbye, bro. We didn't talk much, but I still enjoyed your company. Best of luck to you, and see you later...I guess.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Gamexplain's video of all MP:FF bosses is just about 40 minutes.
The eel creature we took on in Mission 7 took like 4-5.
So that should put perspective our progress, I think.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... Goodbye.

Will miss ya' man. Good luck with whatever happens and you'll always have people welcoming you here if you get the chance to return :).

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Henry Fleming with a Lady Liberty stage perhaps? :D

Or Chrom.
I never thought up the Lady Liberty stage however! :D

So here's a question that hardens back to the SSF2 hype from a few days ago.

As we know, that roster has four non-video game characters on it, namely anime characters. But...let's say you made a roster, but also had to include four non-video game characters. Who would you pick? Why? What would they do in-game?

Note: The characters must also be fictional, so no Nintendo employees or anything like that. They also can't be Nintendo-owned, so no Captain N either. :p
  • Mickey Mouse - Mickey would be based on the Nintendo-exclusive Epic Mickey games, and would feature a moveset around the concept of paint and thinner. In addition, Mickey is a given in game due to being HIGHLY popular with everyone, yes, even the most remote tribes in the world know who Mickey is! (It's true!)
  • Scrooge McDuck - DuckTales for the NES is often considered one of the greatest games of all time. It also inspired the level design for the Mega Man series, and was good enough to have Capcom and Way Forward remake the game! Unless Marvel vs. Capcom becomes Disney vs. Capcom, or the fact that Marvel will let Scrooge jump in at some point, I'm afraid that Smash would be Scrooge's only chance to take on Ryu, Mega Man, and the other iconic 80's and 90's fighters! We need more Scottish fighters in Smash anyways.
  • Popeye - Little known fact, if it weren't for Popeye, Nintendo as a whole wouldn't exist! How you ask? The original Donkey Kong was supposed to be a Popeye game, but Miyamoto couldn't get the rights to the characters from King Features Syndicate, and as a result...! ;)
  • Spider-Man - I typically think of adding new characters to my Smash game that are out there! Despite having the option of Batman, I feel that Spider-Man is the better choice! Why you ask? Marvel vs. Capcom! Spider-Man's moveset in those games is really fun to play, and that Maximum Spider screams "Final Smash!" He fits better than Wolverine!

If I remember correctly, Bomberman was missing from your character list.

So I suggest him. And Gengar.
They're both in game, keep looking.

Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro

Ravio

Most likely in Hyrule Warriors, big part of A Link Between Worlds, great moveset potential and a new Zelda character that's not an OC for HW for the roster.

Rotom

Pockerdex in Sunnymoon, unique moveset, ghost type, more pockermon,
I teased Ravio, remember?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
@Substitution

We may've not interacted with each other much, but I still think you were an awesome part of this community. It's sad to see you go. I wish you the best for your future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom