• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Want something offensive to discuss?
Captain Falcon should be cut from Smash because his series is dead
I disagree. Say what you will about the F-Zero franchise's dormant state, but most of Falcon's popularity stems from Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pixiv is easily superior than DeviantArt. The latter is mostly full of bad art and fetish pieces than good art.

No contest.
Yes, let's gloss over the fact that even Pixiv itself tend to have the same thing but much worse. Think of all the tentacles and underage R34 when you search "Assassination Classroom". Just because there's less blow-ups and feet, doesn't make it suddenly better than DeviantArt. :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sinnoh's a slow, boring region whose best pokemon design-wise and viability-wise were largely locked behind being evolutions of older pokemon; most of which weren't capable of being gotten until Platinum... and even so in a fair number of cases only in post-game.
Defog was terrible.
Too many god damn legendaries.
Team Galactic is honestly worse than even Team Flare for me.
The rival was the SINGULAR worst of the series for writing. Kalos's without Calem/Serena are worse combined BUT.
D/P's TWO options of Fire types in the entire game, an elite four member who had a beautifly and dustox...
And Bronzong's my most hated pokemon.
The underground was also so sloppily handled.
AND FRIGGIN CONTESTS GOT EVEN MORE PADDED.

Also I loathe Looker and I know I'm in the minority on that but people have known my feelings on him.
I dont think I even remeber defog pff

but everything else is the complete opposite for me, Underground was my ****. I almost stayed there everytime I played th game

D

Deleted member

I WILL ****ING KNEE YOU,
NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE RIGHT
NOT BECAUSE OF THE MEMES
NOT BECAUSE OF THE FUN PLAYSTYLE
BUT BECAUSE YOU DON'T ****ING CUT A KAMEN RIDER REFERENCE FROM SOMETHING I LOVE
Wait, it's a KR referencce? More reason to cut him! :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hoenn and Sinnoh are my favorite regions.

Everything else pales after playing Sinnoh except Hoenn.

. . .give me Ribbons.

Kalos added like two and ORAS botched the Contest Ribbon flow.

Soulsilver and B/B2 felt dead with their sidequests only giving items. I want something on my Pokemon's status bar to stare at, not a Lava Cookie.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yes, let's gloss over the fact that even Pixiv itself tend to have the same thing but much worse. Think of all the tentacles and underage R34 when you search "Assassination Classroom". Just because there's less blow-ups and feet, doesn't make it suddenly better than DeviantArt. :troll:
But wait, there's more!

You have the option of showing or removing R-18 art off a whim to avoid seeing the dirtier fanart of the good teacher. With DeviantArt however, you still see the occasional feet focus and inflatable furries regardless of the mature works being hidden. But the only one I can agree with is you seeing the more light stuff for some fandoms and few are fetish related (even if the subject is female).

Sorry, but DevaintArt is trash.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I dont think I even remeber defog pff

but everything else is the complete opposite for me, Underground was my ****. I almost stayed there everytime I played th game
Defog just made like 5 routes absolute headaches from just harassing your vision unless you either replaced one of your team with an hm slave or bind one of your team to wasting a slot (worse than even flash).
What makes this worse is the Move Deleter being in the town of the SIXTH gym, which comes QUITE late given how much Sinnoh has you run around back and forth with the story up to that point.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Defog just made like 5 routes absolute headaches from just harassing your vision unless you either replaced one of your team with an hm slave or bind one of your team to wasting a slot (worse than even flash).
What makes this worse is the Move Deleter being in the town of the SIXTH gym, which comes QUITE late given how much Sinnoh has you run around back and forth with the story up to that point.
OOH Ok yeah I hate moves that are like flash but nothings worse the Hoenn aka "Surfin' USA"

In the debatemania Kid Icarus is called a bigger series than all of Fire Emblem. And this is after Awakening release

how the **** did I just find this image?
:062:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Region debate, huh?

Sinnoh is my favorite, with Hoenn at a very close second.

Worst region for me? Kanto.

Johto is my second least favorite region.

Yes, you heard that right. Kanto and Johto are my least favorite regions.

Come at me!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Want a real debate? Sanic R is a trash game with a terrible soundtrack.

Here comes the fanboys. :troll:
Meh, Sonic R is flawed and clunky. But damn is the soundtrack So Bad That It's Good.

But the Tails Doll can go **** itself for spawning the worst Sonic creepypasta of all time. Scratch that, ALL Sonic creepypasta is garbage (even Sonic.EXE).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I thought it was like two routes.

The stretch of road behind the Psyducks up to one side of Mt. Coronet.

That was a bad patch but the rest of the game was still fun.

Game Freak can make me a game like Sinnoh but without Defog and with the faster battle speed from later gens and it'd be great.

OOH Ok yeah I hate moves that are like flash but nothings worse the Hoenn aka "Surfin' USA"
That much surfing would be fun if they were all optional routes there for the sake of exploring.

I think having to surf to the final few areas is kind of what takes some of the fun out of it.

Put all the surf locations on the outskirts of my fantasy region and leave the routes to the Gyms more clear. Problem solved.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meh, Sonic R is flawed and clunky. But damn is the soundtrack So Bad That It's Good.

But the Tails Doll can go **** itself for spawning the worst Sonic creepypasta of all time. Scratch that, ALL Sonic creepypasta is garbage (even Sonic.EXE).
No argument there, creepypasta in general sucks harder than an anime fan on prom night.

Oh wait.

D

Deleted member

Sonic R was alright from what I remember (RIP my copy of Sonic Gems Collection for GameCube), but the soundtrack was legendary.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I thought it was like two routes.

The stretch of road behind the Psyducks up to one side of Mt. Coronet.

That was a bad patch but the rest of the game was still fun.

Game Freak can make me a game like Sinnoh but without Defog and with the faster battle speed from later gens and it'd be great.

That much surfing would be fun if they were all optional routes there for the sake of exploring.

I think having to surf to the final few areas is kind of what takes some of the fun out of it.

Put all the surf locations on the outskirts of my fantasy region and leave the routes to the Gyms more clear. Problem solved.
Remove Looker.
Remove Defog routes.
Fix pokemon distribution so you can GET most of the new evolutions without having to beat the Cynthia once already.
Fix the battle speed.
And make the Underground have "servers" from Wi-Fi.
Hell Sinnoh'd probably jump from #6 to #4, maybe 3.
I really like Unova.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sinnoh is hot disgusting garbage

Johto, Hoenn and Unova are the best

Another controversial opinion is that Awakening is a better overall game than Fates and Kirby is the ONLY consistently good Nintendo franchise and the most important one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That is weird that Jesse was automatically suspicious
I find that to be most interesting. Team Rocket are "bad guys" they know when tricks are being played. They also have fought Ash more then anyone else. They full well know what his team is capable of. As people said, that explosion and move should have done more visible damage to charziard, yet it didn't.

There was also the theory Lysandre commissioned them to build the league in Luminous, so we could be seeing two ways the league and match was corrupted.

What if the stadium is built by Lysandre and he actually rigged it so that Alain could win each fight.

That be a pretty good plot twist imo.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sinnoh is hot disgusting garbage

Johto, Hoenn and Unova are the best

Another controversial opinion is that Awakening is a better overall game than Fates and Kirby is the ONLY consistently good Nintendo franchise and the most important one
Awakening is better than Fates because the story functions and it focused on having a story that revolved around the world, not one character.
Conquest just had some better maps.

And I hope you mean barring spinoffs.
Because Kirby's had some questionable spinoffs.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Remove Looker.
Remove Defog routes.
Fix pokemon distribution so you can GET most of the new evolutions without having to beat the Cynthia once already.
Fix the battle speed.
And make the Underground have "servers" from Wi-Fi.
Hell Sinnoh'd probably jump from #6 to #4, maybe 3.
I really like Unova.
Never played Platinum, what did he do?
After ORAS I'm guessing post-Dialga/Palkia you'll probably be able to do that in the DP remake with some excuse about time/space
Heck yeah I'd play Nintendo Network based Underground

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Another controversial opinion is that Awakening is a better overall game than Fates
I'm interested to see why you think that. You are probably correct.
and Kirby is the ONLY consistently good Nintendo franchise and the most important one
I feel like there's a catch to this sentence

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Mario needs to learn some lessons from Kirby

You can do more than just having Bowser kidnap Peach

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Awakening is better than Fates because the story functions and it focused on having a story that revolved around the world, not one character.

> Implying Kirby Air Ride is a garbage game.

Feels bad man

Chrono.

I feel Amazing Mirror was subpar when it comes to the main series.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I find that to be most interesting. Team Rocket are "bad guys" they know when tricks are being played. They also have fought Ash more then anyone else. They full well know what his team is capable of. As people said, that explosion and move should have done more visible damage to charziard, yet it didn't.

There was also the theory Lysandre commissioned them to build the league in Luminous, so we could be seeing two ways the league and match was corrupted.

What if the stadium is built by Lysandre and he actually rigged it so that Alain could win each fight.

That be a pretty good plot twist imo.
And considering he looked like this
upload_2016-8-19_21-2-2.png

It looks like he is saying " How the hell did I even win?"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ranking regions? Okay.

Best to worst

Unova
Hoenn/Sinnoh tie
Orre
Johto
Kanto
Kalos

Even as someone who really enjoyed XY, Kalos is easily my least favorite region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom