• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I just don't think Nintendo would fall to the shady tactic of locking characters behind newer versions of their games. They're not that kind of company. So I'd still be unhappy that they've fallen to such a scummy tactic.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, and Dead or Alive 5: The Land Stand.

Then we get Super Smash Bros 4 NX. :troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Another thing I find odd is that we still haven't seen the final three Amiibo yet. I wouldn't think they'd just give up on making Amiibo of DLC characters after they'd already done it for half of them, so it almost seems like they might be saving them for some other occasion. A set of new characters in a new Smash of some kind would mean a new wave or two, so they could easily slip the last three into that.

I would vastly prefer a new game to a port, but I've been told repeatedly that's "impossible," so eh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Coincidentally, fans want to drink bleach because Bleach's ending was that bad.

At least the name of the manga makes more sense now. :troll:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm pretty sure RE7 is the way it is BECAUSE of Silent Hills. Like there is way too much in common for them to just have happened upon the same kind of game.

It's not shady. It's not technically the same game. By that logic, Brawl having more characters than Melee is shady.
Both the Wii U and 3DS versions are considered Smash 4. The NX version will most likely be considered Smash 4 unless it turns out to completely rework everything like Melee and Brawl. You can't compare Brawl and Melee since they have different rosters, graphics, modes, and everything that could possibly differentiate them from each other.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Both the Wii U and 3DS versions are considered Smash 4. The NX version will most likely be considered Smash 4 unless it turns out to completely rework everything like Melee and Brawl. You can't compare Brawl and Melee since they have different rosters, graphics, modes, and everything that could possibly differentiate them from each other.
But the NX would likely have different graphics and a different roster, at the very least. :p

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
people could probably get SSB4NX at a reduced price if they own either the 3DS or Wii U version. it wouldn't deter people who already own either version as much as it would if they still had to get the game at full price

of course, to make that strategy more effective, Nintendo needs to also provide other reasons to convince people that the NX is worth it

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
But the NX would likely have different graphics and a different roster, at the very least. :p
Only if it turns out to completely change everything. If it turns out to be Smash 4, the graphics would most likely be the same with some minor HD tweaks. It most likely won't be like the graphic changes in Melee to Brawl or Brawl to Smash 4.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Coincidentally, fans want to drink bleach because Bleach's ending was that bad.

At least the name of the manga makes more sense now. :troll:
All because they want a doomsday ending where the villain wins (aka everyone dies) and Aizen reigns supreme. Kubo is a troll and that's what he does for a living. And these are the same folks rallying against Jump for cancelling it.

I just don't understand that fandom anymore.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Another thing I find odd is that we still haven't seen the final three Amiibo yet. I wouldn't think they'd just give up on making Amiibo of DLC characters after they'd already done it for half of them, so it almost seems like they might be saving them for some other occasion. A set of new characters in a new Smash of some kind would mean a new wave or two, so they could easily slip the last three into that.

I would vastly prefer a new game to a port, but I've been told repeatedly that's "impossible," so eh.
Y'know, I might have to agree with you on this one. The final 3 Smash Amiibo (if they were going to release normally without anything holding them back) would probably be available at gamescom and heck, even E3. Kinda strange they're holding them off for this long IMO.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Whatever the case, I'll probably buy a Smash for NX port if it releases with or without new characters because I already plan on picking up the NX and I am a sheep. :happysheep:

If a Smash NX port is happening, I do expect it to have a few exclusive characters though.
I think it would need some exclusive characters in order to sell well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My wallet itches for those last three Smash Amiibo (especially Bayonaisse),

I need them to feel whole again.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My wallet itches for those last three Smash Amiibo (especially Bayonaisse),

I need them to feel whole again.
Hey, that's my line and my nickname for Bayonetta. You'll just have to come up with a better one since I claimed it first. :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
So BrantSteele updated the Hunger Games Simulator a while back, and it wiped out everyone's saved games

but thanks to some handy tools, I had all my events saved in text documents prior, and could load them back up with the click of a few buttons

I also had built up a good number of events since the last version, which are implemented in this latest version.

Here's a demonstration

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
calling it now if smash NX is a thing we will have everyone from smash 4 unlocked from the start plus a few extra with a new set of unlockable characters (honestly im rpedicitning smash nx to have roughly 14-18 new characters, every stage from wiiu plus a third of the 3ds stages with a few new stages, squirtle, ivysaur, wolf, the ice climbers being definite additions to the roster due to having a brawl basis...maybe snake if konami feels like trying to win its fans back)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wasn't it announced a few days ago that the last Smash DLC amiibo will be coming out soon along with a few other amiibo? (I believe it was the ones for Zelda Breath of the Wild but I could be wrong....)

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wasn't it announced a few days ago that the last Smash DLC amiibo will be coming out soon along with a few other amiibo? (I believe it was the ones for Zelda Breath of the Wild but I could be wrong....)
Those were just placeholders on EB Games IIRC.

No actual confirmation.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I see, never mind then. A bit odd on why their taking so long then....
It could be that they want to reveal the amiibo with some new projects, although thats a bit unlikely. It is surprising to see such a long wait.

On the topic of amiibo, Im only excited for the new Mario series amiibo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Part of me wonders if the amiibo delay is because Square is being difficult. Either that or Bayo's model si hard to get into a not breaking, no choke hazard form.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I miss Nintendo Directs. I guess they're working overtime on gettting the NX's line up sufficient.

As much as I liked the WiiU overall, the line up was terrible.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm currently making a thread at McleodGaming forums on my SSF2 roster analysis, and there are some new newcomer guidelines that the devs brought up:

-Is this character doable (think of potentional engine limitations for example)
-What new elements and mechanics could the character bring to the table?
-Does the character stand out theme-wise (design/visuals/personality/body type)
-Popularity is more of a catalyst that makes us examine the above factors for a character.

Here's also the earlier rules I believe Geno has said:

1. SSF2 has a set in-game roster and has for some time.
2. The newcomer must have starred in a game on a Nintendo console.
3. The newcomer must have made an impact with their games on a Nintendo consoles.
4. The newcomer must have unique moveset qualities.
5. The developers are doing their best to avoid adding clones in the game.

I believe that's it, but they are very interesting.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guess what we have just like old times.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/348643454

Time to tear this one apart limb by limb.

It's most likely fake of course, I just want to criticize every little detail of it just for old times sake. :secretkpop:
Melee HD? At the same time as Smash 4+? Which will bring back Pichu and add SK, in a total of 4 characters?
Pokemon Sun & Moon port?
Animal Crossing: Election year?
AN F-ZERO TITLE?
ALL the games will have stage demos/time a month from now?

Chrono.

I miss Nintendo Directs. I guess they're working overtime on gettting the NX's line up sufficient.

As much as I liked the WiiU overall, the line up was terrible.
I hope so.

I'm really tired of new consoles (in general) having garbage launch line ups.

I know they can't all be the Gamecube, but come on.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I've heard everything but good things about Journey of Dreams. And yes, I've resorted to good old Classic Controller since motion controls are "Bleh!" at best (Too bad you can't avoid this with Skyward Sword). The last time I recall when a discussion like this happen, Chronobound and N30N weren't very fond of it. Eh, I found the game enjoyable for what it was.

But I can say that the game bought us the best line in history.

"Go over and touch NiGHTS, you'll see what I mean. That is of course, if you are interested in that sort of thing."

And the fact that they got Mojo Freaking Jojo to voice Wizeman the Wicked. Easily the best voice actor they would have chosen for the Master of Nightmares.
I am not sure if I ever commented on Journey of Dreams. It must have been years ago. I actually played through the game recently, and with the a GameCube controller it is a 8/10 game. It has its issues (the default controls are subpar, the cutscenes were not needed). As for other criticisms of the game (like the non-chase) missions, there is probably only one or two missions that are obnoxious, the rest are just padding at worst. Its definitely solid and a decent game, but only if you do not use the Wii remote (the Wii controls are awful unfortunately). You can find used copies for $5 or less, so it is definitely worth your time, especially if you loved the original.

The only other things to add are that it has the same composer as the Saturn original, so naturally the soundtrack is great and beautiful. Avid fans of the original are also greatly rewarded for 100% completing the game (you get to play as Claris and Eliot if you collect all the Dream Drops, and you unlock the entire soundtrack to the Saturn NiGHTS if you A-rank every mission).

It was a diamond in the rough (could have been a 9/10 game), and it definitely could have been a lot worse considering the game was rushed and that it was released during a time when Sonic Team had a difficult time putting out a quality game (Sonic 2006 was released the year before).

On a side note, I still plan to release that Roy post-mortem. I probably would have already posted it if the rumors of Smash NX as a launch or launch window title were not floating around.

This is probably the only post I have made this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom