• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ohhh I've got one.

You play as a young royal who, while naive, has a close friend who's pretty no-nonsense. You help a wary traveler get back home, only to find he's alien royalty. You help him take back his homeland from an evil size-shifting dictator in a giant cosmic battle.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ohhh I've got one.

You play as a young royal who, while naive, has a close friend who's pretty no-nonsense. You help a wary traveler get back home, only to find he's alien royalty. You help him take back his homeland from an evil size-shifting dictator in a giant cosmic battle.
Part of me thinks of Asura's Wrath, but it's nowhere near close enough.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To any Smashboards mods, I'm curious. I want a general understanding of how you manage stuff as moderators in a forum. What's the general moderating process done everyday? FalKoopa FalKoopa @NonSpecificGuy
There's really no rigid procedure. Just make sure that things are going well in whatever thread you're visiting. That, and checking the reported posts.

It just takes a few days to get an idea of the process once you become a mod.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ohhh I've got one.

Fire Emblem Fates, specifically: Revelations

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Part of me thinks of Asura's Wrath, but it's nowhere near close enough.
Fire Emblem Fates, specifically: Revelations
Both incorrect. :p

Hint: it's from a Nintendo series without a playable character in Smash.

ALSO apparently Hulu is gonna have a Runaways show. Weird that it isn't Netflix, ABC, or Freeform. Now I need to get Hulu. It's technically still unknown if it's gonna be part of the MCU though.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Guess what we have just like old times.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/348643454

Launch Lineup (March 10th, 2017)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Focus (Wii U & 3DS content + DLC + Wolf, Pichu, Ice Climbers, Shovel Knight)
Super Smash Bros. Melee HD (HD models for all characters, techs and frame data intact)
Pokemon Gold and Silver (Focus Virtual Console Exclusive, Pokemon Bank Compatible)
F-Zero^2 (Developed by Retro Studios, Squared Subtitle)

Launch Window

Super Mario Focus
Animal Crossing Election Year
Pikmin 4
Pokemon Sun and Moon (3DS Port, Takes Advantage of Focus Native Features)
Pileow (New IP, Good-Feel Developed)

These are all games that have stage demos/stage time during the September 21st NX/Focus reveal. Don't have any info on the system or specifics, sorry. More games will most likely be announced during the presentation than I've listed here.

Enjoy.

Time to tear this one apart limb by limb.

It's most likely fake of course, I just want to criticize every little detail of it just for old times sake. :secretkpop:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
can we all agree nintendo focus is a great name despite the fact this is 85% fake

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Konami just ****ed up Metal Gear Solid. I repeat, Konami just ****ed up Metal Gear Solid.

Gaining back fan's trust my ***.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It's most likely fake of course, I just want to criticize every little detail of it just for old times sake. :secretkpop:
Oh boy, this is all fan service.

Like the lineup but doubt it. Interesting but to predictable for smash choice, plus it wouldn't have the characters in name.

Gold and silver could at least happen.

Pileow sounds interesting and is a wild guess.

Mario focus sounds like a yoga title but seems to have a new gimmick so that makes sense and could have potentially. Pokemon uses it to surprisingly.

Animal Crossing election year though....
I can only imagine the purge memes that will follow if true.

The "friend" in the game you chose isn't a "he".
True, I misread it a bit. I was still off.

Have no idea what game it could be then.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, what was that?

****onami... did what now?
Fixed that for you.

Firing Kojima was big mistake number one. Big mistake number two was forgetting what made a Metal Gear Solid game. At least Revengeance had an excuse being a standalone action spinoff for Raiden.

But this? This is pretty laughable from the same company that bought us Silent Hill and Castlevania.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, you guys found the rumor I saw and almost shared but then gave up on sharing for some reason.

In addition to the two Smashes at once seeming unlikely, I actually think this leak and most other fake ones likely to come will undershoot the number of games Nintendo will have at launch.

Nintendo has been stockpiling for two years and part of the reason the Wii U tanked by Nintendo's own admission was a lack of launch titles. Zelda and a Smash port aren't going to be their only big guns at launch.

Nintendo has also scoffed at the idea of a new F-Zero, and Shovel Knight has always been something that pops up on a ton of fake leaks but never seems to have much grounding in reality.

And if anything is going to be a Virtual Console exclusive at launch, it's Mother 3 IMO. More people would buy a system just for that than a Gold/Silver rerelease, even if neither one would push that many copies. Granted Nintendo apparently releasing that on Wii U Virtual Console in Japan kind of dampens my theory on that, but it's still hypothetically possible.

Also something that looks vaguely like the word "pillow" developed by Good-Feel? I have a vague feeling like they might have worked on the yarn games or something but even so it still seems a bit on the nose.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Sony released this game today.

They must be really proud of this instant classic.

Tbh this is a glorified vacation for Del Rio.

Dude's just been floundering for months.
He's the biggest waste of a comeback I've seen in a long time.

Going from winning a belt to Mexamerica to the League of Losers to... Nothing.

Also what the **** was that trailer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After all the poor decisions they've made recently, it's difficult for me to be disappointed at Konami, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I was being sarcastic.
My mistake then.

Konami is shaping up to be much worse than Capcom as the years go by. And the latter at least been redeeming themselves lately.

D

Deleted member

As usual, I will focus only on the Smash part. Note, I don't believe in this rumor whatsoever based on the fact this is a supposed line-up leak on 4chan.

A port of Smash 4 on the NX (or I guess in the case of the rumor, the "Focus") with only veterans and Shovel Knight added? And one of those veterans is Pichu, a joke character clone that wasn't even supposed to return to BRAWL?
Would be rather disappointing, but is somewhat believable since Wolf, Pichu, and the Ice Climbers would be relatively easier additions for various reasons, leaving Shovel Knight as the only one that would require more effort.

An HD remake of Melee however, is the more questionable concept. I get that Melee is still rather popular, but having a remake of Melee alongside an enhanced port of Smash 4 does not sound like something Nintendo would do.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yooka-Laylee looks better and better every time I see new footage. Glad I backed it (I only backed enough for only a game copy but still).

And a new Metal Gear? Neat! Let's see what's this one is all abo-

... is Komani THAT lost without Kojima (probably a dumb question though)?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wormholes, man.

Also for those into wrestling, more suspensions ahoy: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8...uspended-by-wwe-for-wellness-policy-violation
Lol Del Taco.

As usual, I will focus only on the Smash part. Note, I don't believe in this rumor whatsoever based on the fact this is a supposed line-up leak on 4chan.

A port of Smash 4 on the NX (or I guess in the case of the rumor, the "Focus") with only veterans and Shovel Knight added? And one of those veterans is Pichu, a joke character clone that wasn't even supposed to return to BRAWL?
Would be rather disappointing, but is somewhat believable since Wolf, Pichu, and the Ice Climbers would be relatively easier additions for various reasons, leaving Shovel Knight as the only one that would require more effort.

An HD remake of Melee however, is the more questionable concept. I get that Melee is still rather popular, but having a remake of Melee alongside an enhanced port of Smash 4 does not sound like something Nintendo would do.
Plus the team that worked on Smash 4 sort of disbanded and Sakurai is 100% finished unless we hear some more things. The team that's working on Smash for NX is just Namco-Bandai and them alone. No mention of Sora.
Like I said, there won't be any new characters let alone a third party western character. Mostly easy added in vets at the most and new stages but the same game nonetheless.

Melee HD, despite all the jokes can still happen even with a Smash 4 port. The problem is that there's one reason why it wouldn't happen is this.

If they rerelease Melee then they have to do the same for Brawl. Melee HD can't happen without Brawl HD

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yooka-Laylee looks better and better every time I see new footage. Glad I backed it (I only backed enough for only a game copy but still).

And a new Metal Gear? Neat! Let's see what's this one is all abo-

... is Komani THAT lost without Kojima (probably a dumb question though)?
To answer your question Dexter, yes they are that lost without him.

But Kojima's aim is getting better.

D

Deleted member

let alone a third party western character
With how Nintendo themselves have been treating Shovel Knight (even being the publishers of the Japanese release), he's honestly not that farfetched as a bonus character in an NX port like the "leak" claims.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Both incorrect. :p

Hint: it's from a Nintendo series without a playable character in Smash.

ALSO apparently Hulu is gonna have a Runaways show. Weird that it isn't Netflix, ABC, or Freeform. Now I need to get Hulu. It's technically still unknown if it's gonna be part of the MCU though.
Starfy or Sin & Punishment. These will be my last guesses.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
what is this I can't even NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA BAAAATMAAAAN
Speaking of, I played Arkham Knight at a friend. On one hand, it was really fun driving through Gotham with Super Sonic Racing in the background. On the other hand, PC version and dear Trigon that unholy frame drop.
Also played MN9 at my friends. It's sooooo bull****, though I'm better than my friends at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom