• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So... Konami is making a new Metal Gear game.

It's kinda weird.
I love Konami's game plan here. "Hey, we fired that super well-known programmer! Now what should we do?" "Well, that last Metal Gear game he made is still doing well. Let's make another one!" "BRILLIANT! Quick! Everyone start finding words that rhyme with Five!"

Way to not win our trust back Konami...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I would prefer if Konami just gets Platinum to develop a Metal Gear Rising sequel.

Chrono.

Weird of Konami to call it Metal Gear Survive when it's already dead in the water.

I'd say this but I can see the game being successful somehow.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... Konami is making a new Metal Gear game.

It's kinda weird.
Set directly after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.
This totally doesn't sound like a plot quickly thrown together.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Okay wait I got one more joke in me.

"I guess Left 4 Dead... Was left for dead."

Okay I'm done. Here's this Tekken 7 thing.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Kazuya getting thrown off a cliff in HD next gen graphics is gonna be hilarious.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Okay wait I got one more joke in me.

"I guess Left 4 Dead... Was left for dead."

Okay I'm done. Here's this Tekken 7 thing.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Kazuya getting thrown off a cliff in HD next gen graphics is gonna be hilarious.
I just hope Mini Kazuya is a story mode exclusive thing.

Gon was an annoying little **** to fight and I don't want that again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is going to be Federation Force all over again.

Except I do not think this will have the possibility of being good.

Federation Force was still clearly Metroid trying something new.

I can't even recognize this as Metal Gear.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Just found out there are actual official Five Nights at Freddy's action figures (13 cm tall), of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, and Golden Freddy. Each comes with a piece of Springtrap, so you can rebuild him if you buy them all.

They are a little expensive here I think (229 Swedish Kronor each), but... I'd love me some official FNaF figures.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Konami is so dead to me, I've given up Yu-Gi-Oh for Hearthstone completely. This new stint they're trying to turn Metal Gear into some money maker for themselves ain't going to work - They'll be the ones that need to survive their own company's bankruptcy.

D

Deleted member

I have a game for you guys:

Describe the plot/ending of any game without spoiling anything and someone tries to figure it out

The villain was just the pawn for the final boss
I'm gonna give it a try:
Mother Brain transforms into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and tries to crash on Earth to destroy it but the heroes stop it with a long-ass-final-attack-name in the world's greatest quick time event to ever exist

C'mon, this one is too obvious

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Harley and Deadshot look neat in Injustice 2. The hyenas are awesome, and I figured Deadshot was a shoo in since Suicide Squad, and the fact that he got added to the mobile version of Injustice 1 recently. :p

In that case where's Static?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Harley and Deadshot look neat in Injustice 2. The hyenas are awesome, and I figured Deadshot was a shoo in since Suicide Squad, and the fact that he got added to the mobile version of Injustice 1 recently. :p

The fact Deadshot was added to Injustice 2 to (presumably} tie into Suicide Squad coming out makes me think of what kind of influence the MCU would have on MvC4 if it ever came to be.

Black Widow, Ant-Man, Loki, etc. would become shoo-ins, and Hawkeye, Rocket, and Doctor Strange, who were previously only DLC, would be shoo-ins for the base game.

Daredevil and Punisher would probably make it too.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Harley and Deadshot both look pretty sick. Kinda mized on Deadshot being in though, as I feel he's gonna end up replacing Deathstroke, my old main. Hopefully he doesn't dash Red Hood's chances either since they may be considered "Too similar". Although, Ed Boone has teased Red Hood once already, so who knows.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Still nobody guessed mine right...

The Hero is also the Villain...
hint: Bubbles

----

Also Metal Gear Survive?....meh...

It'll probably still sell decently because I'm sure there's plenty of Metal Gear fans out there who're completely oblivious to the ****storm that is Konami...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Chrono. Chrono.

We better get this in HD

I feel like they'll put in Static and Power Girl after all the demand for them

Also Tracer confirmed for Death Battle

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I see OP snipers and Squid Parties/Trolls are still completely destroying Splatoon.

I have never had this many trolls and such ruining games for me. It is not fun to play when there is a 50% chance you end up in a team that does nothing but jump up and down, spamming "TO ME!".

Sigh. One of my favorite games is almost unplayable these days. :/

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I see OP snipers and Squid Parties/Trolls are still completely destroying Splatoon.

I have never had this many trolls and such ruining games for me. It is not fun to play when there is a 50% chance you end up in a team that does nothing but jump up and down, spamming "TO ME!".

Sigh. One of my favorite games is almost unplayable these days. :/
One more balance patch is coming, so maybe it'll get a fix.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
One more balance patch is coming, so maybe it'll get a fix.
Oh, we know of more Balance Patches? I am watching the Tournament right now (Shibata was there! https://www.twitch.tv/esl ) so maybe they mentioned it there and I missed it. :s Either way, thank you.

I really hope they can do something about the trolls. It is so crucial to be 4 working members in this game, and if there is just one troll on either side, the entire match will suck. :/

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh, we know of more Balance Patches? I am watching the Tournament right now (Shibata was there! https://www.twitch.tv/esl ) so maybe they mentioned it there and I missed it. :s Either way, thank you.

I really hope they can do something about the trolls. It is so crucial to be 4 working members in this game, and if there is just one troll on either side, the entire match will suck. :/
Every time a Sheldon's Select has dropped, a new patch comes.

There's one more SS.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@Spazzy_D and I got a chance to interview Dean Harrington, the announcer for Melee. We talk about his career as well as recording for Melee.It should be out today, I'm rendering the video now ;).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fact Deadshot was added to Injustice 2 to (presumably} tie into Suicide Squad coming out makes me think of what kind of influence the MCU would have on MvC4 if it ever came to be.

Black Widow, Ant-Man, Loki, etc. would become shoo-ins, and Hawkeye, Rocket, and Doctor Strange, who were previously only DLC, would be shoo-ins for the base game.

Daredevil and Punisher would probably make it too.
I definitely think, at the very least, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Loki, and Captain Marvel would likely finally be in, with Thanos likely coming back too. Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Vision, and additional GOTG characters like Star-Lord or Groot would also have good odds. Maybe even Quake as well.

I just really want an MVC4 in general. :laugh:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I definitely think, at the very least, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Loki, and Captain Marvel would likely finally be in, with Thanos likely coming back too. Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Vision, and additional GOTG characters like Star-Lord or Groot would also have good odds. Maybe even Quake as well.

I just really want an MVC4 in general. :laugh:
It'll be Avengers vs Capcom more than Marvel vs Capcom considering Marvel is still assblasted over Fox owning the X-Men and F4 rights and will barred them from the game and that will upset fans considering the X-Men characters were the most loved characters in the game

But even if they got the licensing for those characters, it'll be mostly MCU based characters which means no Spider-Man villains like Doc Ock or no more X-Men villains aside from Magneto and Sentinel

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It'll be Avengers vs Capcom more than Marvel vs Capcom considering Marvel is still assblasted over Fox owning the X-Men and F4 rights and will barred them from the game and that will upset fans considering the X-Men characters were the most loved characters in the game

But even if they got the licensing for those characters, it'll be mostly MCU based characters which means no Spider-Man villains like Doc Ock or no more X-Men villains aside from Magneto and Sentinel
I'd think Spider-Man villains would be okay since Spidey's in the MCU now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom