• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If non-canon Metal Gear games (Snake's Revenge, Ghost Babel, Acid 1&2) have better plots than this, you know you hit rock bottom.

Chrono.

If non-canon Metal Gear games (Snake's Revenge, Ghost Babel, Acid 1&2) have better plots than this, you know you hit rock bottom.
Maybe not Acid 1 but... Yeah.

Though to be fair, it seems like this game is gonna be more multiplayer centric anyway.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
what is this I can't even NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA BAAAATMAAAAN
Speaking of, I played Arkham Knight at a friend. On one hand, it was really fun driving through Gotham with Super Sonic Racing in the background. On the other hand, PC version and dear Trigon that unholy frame drop.
Also played MN9 at my friends. It's sooooo bull****, though I'm better than my friends at it
Cool to see Adam West Batman again, though the trailer makes it obvious that he's aging...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'll make another completely hypothetical non-leak first party launch lineup again.

Zelda BOTW
Mario Kart 9
(could be launch window but it's pretty darn close to fitting the average Mario Kart release cycle and I can see Nintendo wanting to get it out ASAP)
Animal Crossing (they could patch New Leaf to work with the app but it's been a while since the last mainline game and it's another thing I can see them wanting to get out ASAP)
Splat2n (I have NO idea considering it's made by the same group that handles Animal Crossing, but the time between the seeds of the concept and a functioning demo for the first game was darn QUICK and IIRC it might be a slightly different group of people than the usual Animal Crossing staff that works on it, so I'll throw it in the pool just in case.)
Pikmin 4 (Not sure on this one, it could be launch window since it was put off in order to work on something else, but it was also "nearly done.")
Retro title (Not likely to be DK or Metroid, but they have SOMETHING in the works that's been in progress since Tropical Freeze wrapped up so it's likely to be a launch title.)

It doesn't match up with Nintendo fan fantasies, but if something like this ended up happening then the launch would be absurdly solid compared to usual. There's a decent genre spread in there. The first four also all are from series that sell like freaking candy, which Nintendo said they were aiming for so that they could support themselves in the event that some of their games fell flat.

Mainline Mario is unfortunately Holiday 2017 at earliest due to what was said about it, but all of these titles may or may not have something happen due to how their developments are doing or have done in the past.

I also expect some surprises, but being surprises I obviously don't have the faintest clue what they might be. These are just the titles I can easily see being possible, and it's still a bigger and higher profile launch list than I expect most people to specifically list in leaks or generally speculate on.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Chrono.

Retro title (Not likely to be DK or Metroid, but they have SOMETHING in the works that's been in progress since Tropical Freeze wrapped up so it's likely to be a launch title.)
Kid Icarus.

Because I like disappointing myself.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Does the Focus Leaker elaborate on "Pileow"? Sounds like a Nintendo name to me... Is it at all possible that this is legit? Because Nintendo Focus sounds pretty good, actually.

Chrono.

Does the Focus Leaker elaborate on "Pileow"? Sounds like a Nintendo name to me... Is it at all possible that this is legit? Because Nintendo Focus sounds pretty good, actually.
That's how leakers get to you. By making up "legit" sounding stuff.

That being said, we can't really tell if it's fake or not 100% decisively. Just assume fake until otherwise.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
That new Metal Gear is definitely something else.

If it were a small mode or DLC within MGSV, then I could accept it. There's been weird stuff before (Ape Escape with MGS3 and skate boarding in MGS2).

On its own though? It feels harder to accept. At least something like MGS Rising works considering you have a character like Raiden that exists. At least gives me some hope that they could eventually have Platinum do a sequel.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Kid Icarus.

Because I like disappointing myself.
LOL the reason why I'm not even touching taking a guess on it is because I don't want to risk disappointment.

All I figure is that it's probably either a new IP or not something too horribly obscure because of how Nintendo plans on managing things for a while.

Kid Icarus stands on a pretty fine line there, so I see it being hypothetically possible but expecting it seems like a trap.

Darn I would probably buy that at launch, though.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Results day tomoz. Wish me luck lol. I might not return for a while depending on what I get. Acc, just pray for me lol.

That Metal Gear thing looks bad...

Focus is a pretty good name.

I want more info on that Kid Icarus rumour. IDC if fake, it gets people talking.

Last edited:
Played some smash at a friend's house and finally got to try Corrin.

After playing Birthright it's nice to see some of the references. Super fun character too. Up there with Cloud, Roy, and Falco for me. Only complaints is that F-tilt sends people at a really weird angle and the recovery seems bad.

But damn do I love the animations for up-tilt and jab-1.

10/10 character, would play again.
:061:

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
If there's going to be a Smash 4 for the NX, I can't see it having extra characters. At least, not if they won't eventually come to the 3DS and Wii U versions. Reminder that Sakurai cut the Ice Climbers because they wouldn't work on the 3DS. I doubt he'll change his mind on that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think the one thing to keep in mind is that the Ballot said it's info might be used for future games.

So the Smash team had SOME kind of new title with the potential for full newcomers in mind already by the time DLC rolled around.

Whether it was port prep or they wanted to have the info on hand for the next full Smash game I don't know, but I'm guessing something somewhere out there is in some stage or other of preparation and the Ballot results were kept on file for that.

Aside from secrecy, this would also be a reason why the Smash team wouldn't show off the Ballot results. Doing so might spoil their or Nintendo's plans for the future.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If there's going to be a Smash 4 for the NX, I can't see it having extra characters. At least, not if they won't eventually come to the 3DS and Wii U versions. Reminder that Sakurai cut the Ice Climbers because they wouldn't work on the 3DS. I doubt he'll change his mind on that.
To be fair, because the NX wasn't a thing when that was said, it could be seen as exempt. Wii U and 3DS would have the same roster, so Sakurai wouldn't be lying. :p

Strange how GAF is certain that there will be more characters in Smash For NX, yet here it seems to be the opposite.

I'm with GAF on this one. Characters sell copies and there really isn't any point in porting a game so soon if you aren't going to add to it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No one answered this one.
I forgot that tonight was Taco Party night so the thing might need to wait for tomorrow. My dad came out from New York and everything. I completely forgot today was Wednesday.

The thing is almost ready though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Strange how GAF is certain that there will be more characters in Smash For NX, yet here it seems to be the opposite.

I'm with GAF on this one. Characters sell copies and there really isn't any point in porting a game so soon if you aren't going to add to it.
If there is more characters I expect it to be filled with vets, a bit of third party characters (likely from pre-existing licenses with other companies ala :4ryu::4cloud:), a few advertisement characters, and maybe 1-2 Ballot characters).

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, because the NX wasn't a thing when that was said, it could be seen as exempt. Wii U and 3DS would have the same roster, so Sakurai wouldn't be lying. :p
Eh, I guess, but Sakurai seemed really insistent. If he didn't care about the rosters differing, we'd have the Ice Climbers in the Wii U version. And I doubt he'll suddenly change that for the new version. At least, not unless the characters come to the earlier versions much later on. Like how Hyrule Warriors did it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Almost no-one will buy smash NX if it doesn't have new characters.
That's really all that needs to be said.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Right now all my Super Smash Bros. interests are now heavily invested in Super Smash Flash 2 & Super Smash Bros. Crusade with SSB NX almost never in my mind.

D

Deleted member

likely from pre-existing licenses with other companies ala :4ryu::4cloud:
I didn't know Square Enix was already involved prior to Cloud's inclusion. :p

In all seriousness, I think you meant to use the :4bayonetta: icon.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Eh, I guess, but Sakurai seemed really insistent. If he didn't care about the rosters differing, we'd have the Ice Climbers in the Wii U version. And I doubt he'll suddenly change that for the new version. At least, not unless the characters come to the earlier versions much later on. Like how Hyrule Warriors did it.
What he said only pertains to the two games that were launched together as one project. Smash NX is a new undertaking different from Wii U/3DS so he's free to make additions he wouldn't be able to make with the 3DS.
Almost no-one will buy smash NX if it doesn't have new characters.
That's really all that needs to be said.
Me included. Wouldn't even consider the thought of buying it if there's no new characters.
I didn't know Square Enix was already involved prior to Cloud's inclusion. :p

In all seriousness, I think you meant to use the :4bayonetta: icon.
They weren't but Nintendo/Sakurai and Square Enix had to be negotiating for a very long time to get Cloud in to Smash Bros. Maybe there's another type of deal like this that's being negotiated for another 1-2 third party characters for Smash NX.

Bayonetta was the Ballot winner so the process was probably different. That and Platinum Games were totally fine with their characters being in the game.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Guess what we have just like old times.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/348643454

Time to tear this one apart limb by limb.

It's most likely fake of course, I just want to criticize every little detail of it just for old times sake. :secretkpop:
Melee HD is always an instant NOPE.

Nintendo doesn't work like Capcom does, considering each game a seperate entity. They work as the new version supersedes the previous one. Also, Pichu? Why not Alola Raichu?

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
If I'm being honest, I'd be pretty angry if I knew upon buying Smash for Wii U that in a couple years that there'd be a better version on another console with characters I couldn't get and features my version doesn't have, making getting Smash for Wii U pointless.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I'm being honest, I'd be pretty angry if I knew upon buying Smash for Wii U that in a couple years that there'd be a better version on another console with characters I couldn't get and features my version doesn't have, making getting Smash for Wii U pointless.
Maybe you would be years ago, but what about now?

Chrono.

Do you ever think about how Silent Hills getting cancelled was a blessing in disguise for Capcom.

Now they get to release their own super immersive first person horror game without any real competition. Meanwhile Konami is just digging themselves deeper.

Anyways, my take on the whole characters for NX situation is that, if it happens. We'll see them on other platforms.

Unless it's some **** like Ice Climbers.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you would be years ago, but what about now?
I just don't think Nintendo would fall to the shady tactic of locking characters behind newer versions of their games. They're not that kind of company. So I'd still be unhappy that they've fallen to such a scummy tactic.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Do you ever think about how Silent Hills getting cancelled was a blessing in disguise for Capcom.

Now they get to release their own super immersive first person horror game without any real competition. Meanwhile Konami is just digging themselves deeper.

Anyways, my take on the whole characters for NX situation is that, if it happens. We'll see them on other platforms.

Unless it's some **** like Ice Climbers.
No, I'm pretty sure RE7 is the way it is BECAUSE of Silent Hills. Like there is way too much in common for them to just have happened upon the same kind of game.

I just don't think Nintendo would fall to the shady tactic of locking characters behind newer versions of their games. They're not that kind of company. So I'd still be unhappy that they've fallen to such a scummy tactic.
It's not shady. It's not technically the same game. By that logic, Brawl having more characters than Melee is shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom