• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know what character would REALLY be controversial, but I know they aren't tomorrow's reveal because they're already in the game and they've been in there since I've known it existed. :awesome:

Although any other character from his series would qualify as being controversial, I'm just not sure how many characters from there would qualify as having totally unique physicals and specials.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I think these character characters are equally, if not more controversial than the other choices you've listed. Especially Undertale and Minecraft since they are notorious for their rabid loud fandom and detractors think having them anywhere taints what they touch (especially your average Nintendo or Smash related video).
I know what character would REALLY be controversial, but I know they aren't tomorrow's reveal because they're already in the game and they've been in there since I've known it existed. :awesome:

Although any other character from his series would qualify as being controversial, I'm just not sure how many characters from there would qualify as having totally unique physicals and specials.
Undertale confirmed for Super Smash Flash 2. :troll:

Name one character that would fight using "ACT" and "SPARE" in their movesets? Or turn them blue with bones?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Steve from Minecraft is also on my list of potential candidates.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Large hatebase? Hardly. Pretty much every other site beyond this very thread was in support of Shovel Knight, from what I've seen.

Seriously. This thread was the only place he had a hatebase.
Don't visit a lot of sites do you?

He got hate on 4chan, YouTube (it counts) and GameFAQs

We were a lot harsher because Tamaki was known for having garbage sources for so many things and has a pretty mediocre track record of rumors.

Me and Swampasaur knew his history so we had to be skeptic over it.

Not pointing fingers but.... There was a lot of believers and they had thought he had the source said

I love it how Push and Tama was sure it wasn't based on the amiibo but it actually was. Ain't throwing shade at my buddy but he did ride on the wrong horse on this one

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Undertale confirmed for Super Smash Flash 2. :troll:

Name one character that would fight using "ACT" and "SPARE" in their movesets? Or turn them blue with bones?
Not really sure how that would really work in a Smash environment. It works for that type of game but not for a frenzied platforming fighter like Smash. That's why I'm expecting either Sans or Papyrus over Frisk.

It would pretty pretty controversial either way if an Undertale character was confirmed tomorrow. Sans fans would be pissed if Frisk is in, people would ask for more Undertale characters (Alphys, Metaton, etc), fans would accuse the team of being "Underturd trash", and people would quit Smash Flash 2 because "Undertale is cancer".

And I almost forgot, Freddy Fazbear would be equally as controversial. That reminds me, I need to play the other FNAF games soon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They got BANDANNA DEE!!!

Nice! He's pretty cool!

Also tomorrow's reveal is Bubsy
:troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Not really sure how that would really work in a Smash environment. It works for that type of game but not for a frenzied platforming fighter like Smash. That's why I'm expecting either Sans or Papyrus over Frisk.

It would pretty pretty controversial either way if an Undertale character was confirmed tomorrow. Sans fans would be pissed if Frisk is in, people would ask for more Undertale characters (Alphys, Metaton, etc), fans would accuse the team of being "Underturd trash", and people would quit Smash Flash 2 because "Undertale is cancer".

And I almost forgot, Freddy Fazbear would be equally as controversial. That reminds me, I need to play the other FNAF games soon.
To be fair for FNAF, nobody cares about Fozzbear and Friends

People stopped caring last year and even then the fans are even sick of Scott milking the series for all its worth

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh yes, this needs to happen.

The reveal trailer should be similar this. When the salt hits just right.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Still speculating SSF2?

I dunno, I just find this fan-game very uninteresting personally...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Shovel Knight is a character i still support and still think i wanna see in smash someday.I say he has a bigger fanbase than hate base.The only places that really hated him was smashboards because they were K rool crazy and 4chan because they were rooting for wonder red for some reason.Reddit and Youtube was for him as well as banjo or any microsoft character,especially after cloud inclusion.I think the main reason no one on this thread believed the rumor was because of how tama acted here/his track record both of which is fine

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey Opossum Opossum

How far?

E is close to being done.

Though E can't be E anymore...

We goofed..

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just did a 5 kilometer run

Hatched a Magnemite

Took almost an hour to run/ walk 5 kilometers

But I did stop to catch stuff

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Forget everything i said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, here it goes. The thing is that the more i see myself, the more i feel that something is wrong me.

As time goes on, i feel that i don't deserve what i have, i feel i could be better, but i never took to the opportunity to be well....more friendly. What i mean is try to be more open to others, and that was a problem that still happens to me today.

Back when i was a child, i was very silent, and i used to rarely talk to my Mother when it came to my problems, mostly because i always feared talking my failures. As time went, i became more open to my mother, and i realized now that that i done the worst thing ever..................i keep my feelings inside, i rearely tend to talk to others. All those feelings that i have inside just keep accumulating, up to the point that when i explode.

This happened today, i had a breakdown. I honselty have a very low oppinion on myself, i always see myself in a negative light, i feel that im a bad person. Sometimes i take things too personally, and i feel that the only one losing at the end is myself. I don't mean things just like someone else's opinion, i mean stuff like failing in something, like an important exam. Sometimes i tend to get upset with myself for the tiniest of mistakes.

There's also the fact that i don't have any dreams, and i didn't want to have them because im scared of failing. Im scared of beign rejected, im scared of beign a bad boyfriend or husband, im scared of beign a bad employee, im scared of screwing something up, or worse, harming someone. What if i turn into someone horrible, like someone that abuses or kills people for their own twisted pleasure.

One of the reasons i still go foward with my life is because of my Family. My mother has supported me despite all the hardships, and she has been there whenever i felt down, and even if she overprotected me somtimes back when i was a child, i always have loved her, i know she is flawed, but is my mother, she raised me and loved me, and i want to grow better as a person just so she can be happy. She always told me that i shouldn't be so hard on myself, that im she loves me for who i am, and that im a good person at heart, but i always have that insecutiry that im nothing but utter garbage.

Then there's my sister, and while we tend to argue sometimes, i do love her, and i don't like when people harm her. Back when she was during her teenage years, a lot of people straight up bullied her, and it wasn't just making fun of her, sometimes she even got attacked. She was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, and some people liked picking on her because of that.
Since i am his brother, i always felt that i have to support her, and whenever i see her sad, par of me starts breaking. I felt that she has a hard time cheering herself up, and i wish i could do something.

My family is the reason i have been going foward with my life. They love me for who i am, and sometimes i feel they love me more than i love myself.

I was the typical boy who was bullied and had little to no friends (and the friends i had weren't the best) and it's possible that i have Asperger Syndrome as well. Sometimes i fear to come off as a jerk or mean, and sometimes i feel that im nothing but a weak coward, that im dumb. I don't think i will ever have a girlfriend, because quite honestly who would want a loser like me? My relationship with my father is complicated since i only see im in Saturdays, i don't have any friends outside of school, my mother worked most of the day so i rarely saw her, and so on and so on.

I have felt ansxiety, grief, and honselty, the problem is NOT the people that bullied me, is NOT my pessimism with my love live, is NOT my lack of friends or my shaky relationship with my Father. It's Me. I am the problem. Instead of talking to my mother about my problems, i usually kept those insecurities beacause i have way too much pride.

Instead of talking to my Family about my problems i turn back, because i think they will not help, when in reality they are the ones that help me to move on. I should talk to father and tell him how i feel, yet i haven't.

I have no self-esteem whatsoever, and i rarely tend to talk about my problems, and i kept them inside.

Instead of beign friendly and nice to others, i tend to be lonely and rarely make any friends.

Instead of accepting my feelings and try to hang out with others, i reject those feelings i kept them down, fearing that i will be rejected.

Those problems cause negativity inside me, and they slowly start turning me into someone horrible.

That's the question here. Have you ever felt that you are terrible? Have you ever felt that you are nothing? Have you ever felt that you don't deserve to be helped or to be loved back?

Those feelings that have been kept for so long. I want to be happy.

I want to love myself, to accept me for who i am, and i want o accept those are different to me too. I want to love others, and to be loved to be back and accepted for who i am.

Latel i have been seeing a psychologist, and while she has helped me, i still think there's a long way for me to accept myself.

I am still very young. Im still a teenager, and there's still a long road for me and that my choices will determine who i am. I feel that if i don't do something, i will end up like my grandfather, a jerk who only knew one thing: make people misserable. If i can't accept my flaws, how can i accept others?

I also want to how most of you see me. Sometimes i wish people told me things to me directly, support helps me improve and know that im not alone.

I know im sounding like im a drama queen, and i apologize in advance for the big pharagraph here, but i just want to get rid all this negativity that i have on me inside, and i wanted to get this out.
I never realized you felt this way until now, Speed, but I am glad you came here to tell us more about it. To be honest, you're a great person; I've always seen you like that, and have never thought the opposite ever. Just so you know; we're all here to make you happy and make you feel good about yourself.

Despite how we may feel sometimes as human beings, always having others around us to give us happiness, love, and comfort (your mother being an amazing example of this) always signifies that there are good parts to our lives and to our world that there are people we can go to when we need it the most. Continue to remember that again, we as a community will be there to support you whenever you need it. :)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know who else is a controversial character for Smash Flash 2? Daisy. :troll:

Nah, it's not going to happen. I'd rather not be "that guy".

On more serious news, why the HELL is Nick planning to revive Rocko's Modern Life? With how today's television is, I doubt they would let them get away with their more subtle jokes like the Chokey Cicken.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know who else is a controversial character for Smash Flash 2? Daisy. :troll:

Nah, it's not going to happen. I'd rather not be "that guy".

On more serious news, why the HELL is Nick planning to revive Rocko's Modern Life? With how today's television is, I doubt they would let them get away with their more subtle jokes like the Chokey Cicken.
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I need to see a source for this. Rocko was definitely my childhood and this revival should do it some justice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Rocko was definitely my childhood and this revival should do it some justice.
That's what I'm hoping too, but, after what I have seen that "revivals" cause to shows that were part of many people's childhood, I'm definitely afraid (The PPG being the most well known example of a revival gone utterly wrong.)

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Well, here it goes. The thing is that the more i see myself, the more i feel that something is wrong me.

As time goes on, i feel that i don't deserve what i have, i feel i could be better, but i never took to the opportunity to be well....more friendly. What i mean is try to be more open to others, and that was a problem that still happens to me today.

Back when i was a child, i was very silent, and i used to rarely talk to my Mother when it came to my problems, mostly because i always feared talking my failures. As time went, i became more open to my mother, and i realized now that that i done the worst thing ever..................i keep my feelings inside, i rearely tend to talk to others. All those feelings that i have inside just keep accumulating, up to the point that when i explode.

This happened today, i had a breakdown. I honselty have a very low oppinion on myself, i always see myself in a negative light, i feel that im a bad person. Sometimes i take things too personally, and i feel that the only one losing at the end is myself. I don't mean things just like someone else's opinion, i mean stuff like failing in something, like an important exam. Sometimes i tend to get upset with myself for the tiniest of mistakes.

There's also the fact that i don't have any dreams, and i didn't want to have them because im scared of failing. Im scared of beign rejected, im scared of beign a bad boyfriend or husband, im scared of beign a bad employee, im scared of screwing something up, or worse, harming someone. What if i turn into someone horrible, like someone that abuses or kills people for their own twisted pleasure.

One of the reasons i still go foward with my life is because of my Family. My mother has supported me despite all the hardships, and she has been there whenever i felt down, and even if she overprotected me somtimes back when i was a child, i always have loved her, i know she is flawed, but is my mother, she raised me and loved me, and i want to grow better as a person just so she can be happy. She always told me that i shouldn't be so hard on myself, that im she loves me for who i am, and that im a good person at heart, but i always have that insecutiry that im nothing but utter garbage.

Then there's my sister, and while we tend to argue sometimes, i do love her, and i don't like when people harm her. Back when she was during her teenage years, a lot of people straight up bullied her, and it wasn't just making fun of her, sometimes she even got attacked. She was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, and some people liked picking on her because of that.
Since i am his brother, i always felt that i have to support her, and whenever i see her sad, par of me starts breaking. I felt that she has a hard time cheering herself up, and i wish i could do something.

My family is the reason i have been going foward with my life. They love me for who i am, and sometimes i feel they love me more than i love myself.

I was the typical boy who was bullied and had little to no friends (and the friends i had weren't the best) and it's possible that i have Asperger Syndrome as well. Sometimes i fear to come off as a jerk or mean, and sometimes i feel that im nothing but a weak coward, that im dumb. I don't think i will ever have a girlfriend, because quite honestly who would want a loser like me? My relationship with my father is complicated since i only see im in Saturdays, i don't have any friends outside of school, my mother worked most of the day so i rarely saw her, and so on and so on.

I have felt ansxiety, grief, and honselty, the problem is NOT the people that bullied me, is NOT my pessimism with my love live, is NOT my lack of friends or my shaky relationship with my Father. It's Me. I am the problem. Instead of talking to my mother about my problems, i usually kept those insecurities beacause i have way too much pride.

Instead of talking to my Family about my problems i turn back, because i think they will not help, when in reality they are the ones that help me to move on. I should talk to father and tell him how i feel, yet i haven't.

I have no self-esteem whatsoever, and i rarely tend to talk about my problems, and i kept them inside.

Instead of beign friendly and nice to others, i tend to be lonely and rarely make any friends.

Instead of accepting my feelings and try to hang out with others, i reject those feelings i kept them down, fearing that i will be rejected.

Those problems cause negativity inside me, and they slowly start turning me into someone horrible.

That's the question here. Have you ever felt that you are terrible? Have you ever felt that you are nothing? Have you ever felt that you don't deserve to be helped or to be loved back?

Those feelings that have been kept for so long. I want to be happy.

I want to love myself, to accept me for who i am, and i want o accept those are different to me too. I want to love others, and to be loved to be back and accepted for who i am.

Latel i have been seeing a psychologist, and while she has helped me, i still think there's a long way for me to accept myself.

I am still very young. Im still a teenager, and there's still a long road for me and that my choices will determine who i am. I feel that if i don't do something, i will end up like my grandfather, a jerk who only knew one thing: make people misserable. If i can't accept my flaws, how can i accept others?

I also want to how most of you see me. Sometimes i wish people told me things to me directly, support helps me improve and know that im not alone.

I know im sounding like im a drama queen, and i apologize in advance for the big pharagraph here, but i just want to get rid all this negativity that i have on me inside, and i wanted to get this out.
Speedwagon, I don't know you personally. I haven't been part of Smashboards for long either. However, from what I know of you, you seem to be a great person. I've never seen you speak ill of anyone, and have always seen you as a friendly, outgoing person. It's good to get feelings like this out of your system. Talking to your family and psychiatrist can help. As you said yourself, there's plenty of time to make decisions you can be proud of in the future. Don't assume that you are doomed to repeat the mistakes your ancestors made. Learn from them, and strive to be the opposite. Never feel that venting your troubles makes you a drama queen, as you said, it's unhealthy to bottle things like that up. I'm sure most of the other users here share my feelings about you, and I hope you know you're not alone.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's what I'm hoping too, but, after what I have seen that "revivals" cause to shows that were part of many people's childhood, I'm definitely afraid (The PPG being the most well known example of a revival gone utterly wrong.)
Got that right mate. Revivals like Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans Go are definitely **** because of misdirection and little involvement of the older writers. I have faith in the upcoming Samurai Jack revival since the old team will be working on it and they never disappoint.

This TV special shouldn't really be as bad since this is like an anniversary gift for all the fans that grew up with it. Just as long as the old team is there and the jokes are just as good (But like Azure, I'm unfortunately expecting the Chokey Chicken's name to be censored into the bland Chewey Chicken).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Friendly reminder that we had meme jokes in one revival of a beloved show.

Let's hope the writers for this Rocko special don't do the same thing.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Oh my god... This honestly makes me feel like I want to cry a little bit for some reason. Memes have destroyed childhood show revivals and have made this show overall just that much worse. :crying:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I have faith in Nickelodeon with the Hey Arnold and Rocko TV movies.

They aren't full on reboots like Teen Titans Go and Powerpuff Girls, they're tributes to the original shows and the fans.

I still can't believe this actually happened.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Eeewwww, get that outdate meme **** out of my face.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Eeewwww, get that outdate meme **** out of my face.

The sad part of it is that young children are most likely going to think this revival (which they will be unaware of it being a revival) is funny because the intended target audience IS FOR a younger generation. Let's be honest; I'd say maybe 10-20% of kids will find this funny while the other 90-80% are going to ask what the heck they just saw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom