• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So apparently GilvaSunner got hit by 2 copyright strikes.

As in, the real GilvaSunner.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This I understand. The kirby cafe ost just came out in Japan and where would they get money for the ost if all the songs are on yt?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember kids, defending Daddy Nintendo's DMCA actions makes you a **** sucking fanboy.

Yeah, be careful of what you say on the Federation Force videos.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm hearing that Pokémon Uranium's updates, GTS, Wonder Trade, Mystery Gift, & Online Lobby will still be up. Just no download link.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've got a rough list of potential Alola form mons with the following criteria. Not saying that ones that don'e meet it won't happen but it's been true for all so far.

1. Has no Mega
2. No Starters
3. Hasn't appeared in standard material thus far
4. Gen 1 only
5. Didn't get Fairy type in Gen 6

Caterpie line
Ratata ine
Ekans Line
Vileplume
Paras Line
Venonat Line
Diglet Line
Growlithe Line
Poliwag Line
Machop Line
Belsprout Line
Tentacool Line
Geodude Line
Ponyta Line
Magnemite Line
Farfetch'd
Seel Line
Doduo Line
Grimer Line
Shelder Line
Drowzee Line
Krabby Line
Voltorb Line
Hitmon Line
Koffing Line
Ryhorn Line
Chansey
Horsea Line
Goldeen Line
Staryu Line
MR Mime
Jynx
Pinsir
Fossils

I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing but it shows that even limited to Gen 1 there's a lot of potential.
Mr Mime got Fairy typing in Gen 6 and Pinsir got a Mega.

Of this list I hope that the Shelder, Ekans, Seel, Paras and Farfetch'd lines gets new forms.

D

Deleted member

You know, i was feeling really down lately, up to the point that i had to go outside and walk a bit, but now i feel better, even if just a little, thanks to the support of my mother and sister.

..........well, that and the DK Rap. I don't know why, i suppose that the song is so silly yet funny that it makes me forget most of my sadness.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This might be important to know:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember kids, defending Daddy Nintendo's DMCA actions makes you a **** sucking fanboy.

Yeah, be careful of what you say on the Federation Force videos.
When people are starting to jump ship to Sony thanks to a certain E3 show and Nintendo's actions are becoming indefensible (more censorship, DMCA, the production of **** games "no one wants", etc), it's hard to be a Nintendo fan today. The NX will definitely have to make it or break it to make these naysayers happy or consider returning to them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
When people are starting to jump ship to Sony thanks to a certain E3 show and Nintendo's actions are becoming indefensible (more censorship, DMCA, the production of **** games "no one wants", etc), it's hard to be a Nintendo fan today. The NX will definitely have to make it or break it to make these naysayers happy or consider returning to them.
I find it pretty easy to be a Nintendo fan myself considering my river of ****s about drama is totally dry

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I find it pretty easy to be a Nintendo fan myself considering my river of ****s about drama is totally dry
Which why I sit back and enjoy the show while watching die-hard fans hopelessly fight with these jaded ex-fans. There's no point in really arguing with anyone who's fed up with anything Nintendo does that qualifies as ****ing on them or their favorite franchises.

Doing so in any fashion will guarantee you the "fanboy/fangirl" label that's cool to throw against anyone that agrees with the company's "bad" decisions. I'm sure they would come crawling back when the NX is stronger than a PS4, but say Nintendo is doomed if it's another weak platform with a gimmick that ruins their former hardcore image.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Which why I sit back and enjoy the show while watching die-hard fans hopelessly fight with these jaded ex-fans. There's no point in really arguing with anyone who's fed up with anything Nintendo does that qualifies as ****ing on them or their favorite franchises.

Doing so in any fashion while guarantee you the "fanboy/fangirl" label that's cool to throw against anyone that agrees with the company's "bad" decisions. I'm sure they would come crawling back when the NX is stronger than a PS4, but say Nintendo is doomed if it's another weak platform with a gimmick that ruins their former hardcore image.
While everyone fights, Im just watering flowers on new leaf enjoying what Nin gives us

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
"Guys, I'm going to buy Tokyo Mirage Sessions to enjoy the experience in its original form. Who cares if the game is censored? It doesn't effect the damn story."

"Enjoy your censor**** SJW warrior garbage, you Nintendo fancuck. While we speak with our wallet against Nintendo's ****ty censorship decisions or enjoy the experience the original director intended it to be. Have fun with those silly hipster clothes and youth slang while we have all the delicious bikinis to ourselves. Nintendo's main audience are children and blind manchildren after all."

Pretty much any comment section for this game in a nutshell.

Chrono.

"Guys, I'm going to buy Tokyo Mirage Sessions to enjoy the experience in its original form. Who cares if the game is censored? It doesn't effect the damn story."

"Enjoy your censor**** SJW warrior garbage, you Nintendo fancuck. While we speak with our wallet against Nintendo's ****ty censorship decisions or enjoy the experience the original director intended it to be. Have fun with those silly hipster clothes and youth slang while we have all the delicious bikinis to ourselves. Nintendo's main audience are children and blind manchildren after all."

And I still have not started that game yet...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think it's safe to say the character reveal is going to be close to the same time as the last 2 (sometime between about 1 PM to 1:30 PM)

But the clues are still pretty vague.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Don't forget this gem.

"Nintendo, I will buy your game if you bring back the hot springs DLC. If not, then enjoy your **** sales from the cucks that lap up whatever **** you bring out and censor Kidtendo."

It's actually kind of sad when the most talked thing about it is the censorship and not the game itself (unless you are a decently popular YouTuber with a small audience like SirLionheart and Omegarevolution).

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

To be honest, why can't people just get over that and enjoy the game for what it is? Censorship is required in some games in order to even allow them into other areas like the US; it's just a general rule of thumb. Besides, people need to learn that this is a rule and get over it. If I had to be honest on this as well, I'd rather see someone wearing cool and awesome clothes (like jackets, suits, etc.) then excessive fanservice material (like bikinis) that would personally just ruin games for me since I heavily dislike fanservice that is like that.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
silly hipster clothes and youth slang
b-but those are in the japanese version

Also never forget the Xenoblade X censorship complaints that included "WHY DID THEY REMOVE RELIGIOUS REFERENCES" when they were still there

Chrono.

1) The character is a Male
2) Inclusion in the Roster is apparently Controversial
3) They have a very different way of doing attacks, both Standards and Specials
Got a hunch that it's a Sony character.

Not sure who though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
DMCAs are unfortunate, but it's not like I can't see why Nintendo does them. It's not as though Nintendo doesn't have any motivation to issue takedowns either, what with every angry fan shouting at the top of their lungs that various fangames and hacks are better than anything Nintendo makes. Using Nintendo's assets to give Nintendo bad press is kind of a no-no. And it's not the fan game makers' faults on that either, but unfortunately the toxic Nintendo fandom is kind of an understandable reason why we don't deserve nice things.

As for soundtrack DMCAs, I think Nintendo should refrain from participating in them until they offer legal avenues for people to buy their game soundtracks internationally, preferably on music download sites like iTunes where everyone can access them, but it is within their legal rights.

Censorship I think with the level of angst involved is kind of becoming just people looking for things to be angry about at this point. I understand that missing out on additional features or having an awkward image patch is kind of bad but that's clearly not what it's about. And I'm sure plenty of games were censored during the 64/Gamecube/Wii era despite no one talking about them the way they do about censorship now.

The past couple of years being primarily spinoffs seems more like a side effect of the Wii U being given up on and the NX being focused on than anything else. The lower number of 3DS games could be a result too, if it really is a hybrid.

All in all the darkest times are just before dawn. I think Nintendo's going to get ripped to shreds by a lot of people who want more "powerful" systems when the NX is revealed, but I expect us to be able to start looking forward to a more affordable system and some really cool games within the next couple of months.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And I still have not started that game yet...
Then you really should. You won't be disappointed when many say the gameplay is the best since Digital Devil Saga (which is the min inspiration). But try not to expect much with the story since it's not really meant to be as serious as Persona.

Don't forget this gem.

"Nintendo, I will buy your game if you bring back the hot springs DLC. If not, then enjoy your **** sales from the cucks that lap up whatever **** you bring out and censor Kidtendo."

It's actually kind of sad when the most talked thing about it is the censorship and not the game itself (unless you are a decently popular YouTuber with a small audience like SirLionheart and Omegarevolution).
I don't even know what a cuck is and that term seems to be applied for people who defend censorship. I personally blame Anita for being this big SJW boogeyman to all gamers. Not like she's a good person herself.

To be honest, why can't people just get over that and enjoy the game for what it is? Censorship is required in some games in order to even allow them into other areas like the US; it's just a general rule of thumb. Besides, people need to learn that this is a rule and get over it. If I had to be honest, I'd rather see someone wearing cool and awesome clothes (like jackets, suits, etc.) then excessive fanservice material (like bikini's) that would personally just ruin games for me since I heavily dislike fanservice material.
Because hating censorship is the cool thing to do know that we can see the changes on the Internet or through certain YouTube channels (CensorshipGaming).

At least there are some fans that do realize this and appreciate the good parts of the game for what it is. It's definitely becoming as rare as Xenoblade as of now and a great RPG for the Wii U if you are a fan of Atlus. At least that's where the 50k sales came from compared to the boycotters that are allergic to censorship.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Got a hunch that it's a Sony character.

Not sure who though.
Oh my gosh.

I mean it's probably Ridley or Luffy like everyone's been saying but if it ended up being Ratchet I might actually try the thing out again when beta hits.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
To be honest, why can't people just get over that and enjoy the game for what it is? Censorship is required in some games in order to even allow them into other areas like the US; it's just a general rule of thumb. Besides, people need to learn that this is a rule and get over it. If I had to be honest on this as well, I'd rather see someone wearing cool and awesome clothes (like jackets, suits, etc.) then excessive fanservice material (like bikinis) that would personally just ruin games for me since I heavily dislike fanservice that is like that.
As my sister said , The more you over analyze things in life, the less fun you have in life

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
b-but those are in the japanese version

Also never forget the Xenoblade X censorship complaints that included "WHY DID THEY REMOVE RELIGIOUS REFERENCES" when they were still there
Some of them (like the slang), sure. You've got me there. But they rather wanted to see the original gravure bikinis in their glory than this. Part of Tsubasa's struggle was embarrassment over wearing something skimpy while the camera is focused on her. So they feel that aspect is missing when we see this instead.

Strange, I recalled more complaints about the boob slider than the religious references being more subtle. I definitely recall the more obvious ones still being there.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm surprised SSB Crusade has been super quiet on Super Smash Con news.

I know they said they are recording instead of streaming, but SOMETHING please!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't even know what a cuck is and that term seems to be applied for people who defend censorship. I personally blame Anita for being this big SJW boogeyman to all gamers. Not like she's a good person herself.
Upon further research, a cuck is someone who is sexually inadequate or submissive. On the Internet, it's used as an alternative for "white knights" who defend feminism or censorship.

The more you know.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Upon further research, a cuck is someone who is sexually inadequate or submissive. On the Internet, it's used as an alternative for "white knights" who defend feminism or censorship.

The more you know.
In other words, it's the new "triggered" and "feminazi"?

Funny how the Internet can easily change the meaning of one word within a year.

Burruni

Smash Hero
PG-13 Explaination.
Cuck is short for cuckold, someone who has their loved one taken from them via a secret relationship with a third person.
For whatever damn reason, it's become slang on the net for someone who has "no balls" and lets opportunities pass by or whatever the hell they want to twist it into.
Also, whenever the term comes up in an actual conversation, I just gotta....

Share this bit of an inside joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom