• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That and maybe the fact he is from an anime everyone hates and he is a Gary Stu
Is it pre or post time skip luffy though? And when do we get Sogeking?

That and SAO is a really hated anime for a **** ton of reasons.
EDIT beat
:061:
Oh, guess that explains a lot.
Man, you never heard of Kirito, he's literally the most popular anime characters out there.
Guess I must have been drowned out by all the Goku fans during Smash....

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Man, you never heard of Kirito, he's literally the most popular anime characters out there.
I doubt "popular" is the right word. Well known would work better. Everyone knows him. Hardly anyone likes him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well damn, it might actually be Luffy.

Although, watch it be Chrom. Watch him finally get his controversial chance. Watch, I tell ya.

If only...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also do you guys know whether or not if all the characters in the demo are starter characters in the final version?
Apparently one of the SSF2 devs just said that tomorrow's character is admittedly "VERY controversial", YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Well there goes Andy's hopes of being in demo. Hope he's in the final version!

My guesses now for this controversial character...

- Ridley (He was a huge source of controversy in both Brawl and Smash 4 speculation)
- Luffy (As you just mentioned)
- Another Anime character (It can be contrversial in a sense that it's another anime character that's not Luffy which will make Luffy fans upset)
- A troll character (Shrek, Ronald McDonald, Chuck Norris) idk lol

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This was apparently hinted during the stream:
1) The character is a Male
2) Inclusion in the Roster is apparently Controversial
3) They have a very different way of doing attacks, both Standards and Specials

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh wait, that third part actually sounds a lot like Ridley. As in like, maybe aerial smash attacks like some wanted?

Guess we'll know soon enough.

D

Deleted member

Episode 6 of 91 Days was great, I honestly didn't expect this series to be so good
Anyways, anyone up for some lasagna?
Apparently one of the SSF2 devs just said that tomorrow's character is admittedly "VERY controversial", YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Nah, controversial is Ridley's middle name
Yup, that's Ridley

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, those hints sound like Ridley to me! That's totally fine with me, I was hoping for him in Smash 4. He's in Crusade, but not quite how I pictured him. I want Ridley to be the largest character by a good margin; A true terror of the air with aerial smashes/grabs! Fighting against Ridley should feel like facing a boss battle. Give him a few exploitable weaknesses, maybe halve his weight in air or something, and BAM! Ridley in Smash! I understand Mr. Sakurai's concerns about Ridley's portrayal, but I feel it is very possible to make him both playable and feel like an intimidating boss character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm trying to think from the top of my head which character can be a source for controversy the way the devs explained it. Ridley comes to mind yes but then again he has a huge fanbase as well that's probably bigger than his hatebase. Luffy as well but that's because he's an anime character.

The only 2 things that could really make me upset is a very obscure troll character and an FE character that's not named Lyn.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I know that in recent times, I'm either busy with very time-consuming games like Overwatch and the like, or busy trying to get some University work done, so I usually arrive late onto the scene when it comes to various discussions. However, I have to say that Bandana Dee's inclusion in Super Smash Flash 2 is worthy of congrats to all fellow members of the Bandana Brigade!

As for who I want for this fan game, I can't really say I've got any other specific characters I want to see added, since I don't have my own wishlist for the game outside of Isaac, who was confirmed ages ago. And I confess I'm in the anti-SAO bandwagon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For me, I at least don't think he's easy to identify as male.

I haven't played much Metroid, so I'm probably wrong.
Well I mean, calling him the Cunning GOD of Death as opposed to Goddess implies he's male, anyway. :p

D

Deleted member

For me, I at least don't think he's easy to identify as male.

I haven't played much Metroid, so I'm probably wrong.
Official marerials have always referred to him as male, Adam refers to him as male in Other M iirc and I believe it also gets mentioned in the Prime games
Well I mean, calling him the Cunning GOD of Death as opposed to Goddess implies he's male, anyway. :p
I don't think a genderless being would be called a goddess though

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley is male.

Not only is Ridley a male name but he refers to himself as male in the manga.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've got a rough list of potential Alola form mons with the following criteria. Not saying that ones that don'e meet it won't happen but it's been true for all so far.

1. Has no Mega
2. No Starters
3. Hasn't appeared in standard material thus far
4. Gen 1 only
5. Didn't get Fairy type in Gen 6

Caterpie line
Ratata ine
Ekans Line
Vileplume
Paras Line
Venonat Line
Diglet Line
Growlithe Line
Poliwag Line
Machop Line
Belsprout Line
Tentacool Line
Geodude Line
Ponyta Line
Magnemite Line
Farfetch'd
Seel Line
Doduo Line
Grimer Line
Shelder Line
Drowzee Line
Krabby Line
Voltorb Line
Hitmon Line
Koffing Line
Ryhorn Line
Chansey
Horsea Line
Goldeen Line
Staryu Line
MR Mime
Jynx
Pinsir
Fossils

I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing but it shows that even limited to Gen 1 there's a lot of potential.

Clone Ridley was pretty much bred in Other M . . . so I would assume they would be able to tell whether it was male of female with all the studying they did.

Man if Ridley were to get into SSF2 . . .that would be so freaking hype. I can't play it since I have no controller for PC but just the thought would be great. The more playable Ridley we get, the better.
:061:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think this character could be Hector or Ephraim given that they would have different ways of attacking using their axes/lances to fight. Wouldn't want either of the two.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Well, my logic for referring to Ridley as male is this: the female characters in Metroid (for better or worse) are typically identified with the theme of motherhood. We all know about Other M Samus. The main recurring villain is literally named MOTHER Brain. The Director from Other M is characterized as MB's mother figure. Etcetera, etcetera. I'm sure there are exceptions, but they're most likely in games I haven't played or researched. That said, Ridley is characterized solely as a being of death and destruction, rather than a nurturing figure. Also, I believe he has been explicitly referred to as male in the series at least once.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I believe it also gets mentioned in the Prime games
It's in the logbook for Pirate Data. They use male pronouns.

The reconstruction of geoform 187, code-named Ridley, was recently completed. After his defeat on Zebes, Command ordered a number of metagenetic improvements for him. Though aggressive, we were able to implement these changes in a cycle. The metamorphosis was painful, but quite successful in the end. Early tests indicate a drastic increase in strength, mobility, and offensive capability. Cybernetic modules and armour plating have been added as well. We believe our creation, now called Meta Ridley, will become the mainstay of our security force, a job he will certainly relish.
I'm pretty sure the organisation that he works for would know his gender.

omg Persona 5 comes out in 2 day- Oh god no 1 more day for Japan. So hype
It's not September though.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So apparently GilvaSunner got hit by 2 copyright strikes.

As in, the real GilvaSunner.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I've been hearing these hints about the new SSF2 character.

Kirito, Natsu, and Ridley seem like good possibilities, though if you had to ask me what character I'm hoping it is based on the hints, I'd say Eren Jaeger. SSF2's anime character are pretty the mainstream main protagonists you hear about like Goku and Naruto, and Eren Jaeger fits that trope pretty well considering how popular Attack on Titan has become. He would have a different attacking style from other fighters because he can dual-wield blades, not to mention the 3D Maneauver Goal would make him pretty different in terms of aerial and even some special attacks. I can also imagine a salty reaction following his potential reveal considering he is a rather controversial main protagonist.

Apparently Pokemon Uranium got a takedown notice from Nintendo.

Makes me wonder how Flash 2 hasn't been hit yet...
First Another Metroid 2 Remake, and now Pokemon Uranium? That's pretty sad to hear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom