• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well NintenZone; I think I need your help for something specific this one time.

I'm feeling down, kinda bored, and I cannot think of anything to do these next few days. I can't play the recently released No Man's Sky due to needing to get a new graphics card in order to update to OpenGL 4.5 (the creator decided to tell us now that we had to update to 4.5). Either way, it won't be here until Sunday at the earliest. I also have been going around trying to get views on a piece of news I've discovered that might lead to a Season 2 of a favorite anime of mine (my avatar is a character from that series, called Yuyushiki. It's an anime from a few years back that is getting an OVA, but I want to see what others think of a new season). The thing is, I haven't found many places to post about this in order to get some views on this and see what others might think about the news.

Do you guys think you could help me out here? I want to keep myself occupied and make myself feel better for at least these next few days and I am all out of ideas on what to do. :crying::urg::confused:
Well tumblr has a bit anime commuity. yeah yeah its bad to a point but we love anime pff

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, if Nidoking does get Poison/ Fighting

How is that compared to Poison/ Ground?

It's got a 4x weakness to Psychic, but it does lose ice and water weakness

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well tumblr has a bit anime commuity. yeah yeah its bad to a point but we love anime pff
I appreciate your idea with Tumblr, Laiko. But I'm not sure I can find the answers I am favoring there. I was thinking about Anime News Network/My Anime List as some ideas, but I'd feel it would be pointless to make an account on both for one purpose.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

If my memory's correct, it should only have 2 other weaknesses. Ground and Flying. STAB Earthquake/Earth Power is a bummer, but it depends on what abilities, stats and movepulls Alolan Nidoking gets

Burruni

Smash Hero

Loses coverage of Electric, Fire and Poison.
Gains coverage to Normal, Ice, and Dark.

Loses a very common weakness in Water and fairly common weakness of ice
Gains common weakness to Psychic (Quad!) and flying.

Loses resistance to Fairy, immunity to electric, and its quad resistance to Poison.
Gains resistance to Dark, quad resistant to bug.

It's mostly even. But it namely goes into movepool and abilities.

Alolan Nidoqueen I think can end up better. But standard Nidoking as a special attacker with sheer force... I can't see it getting improved.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I appreciate your idea with Tumblr, Laiko. But I'm not sure I can find the answers I am favoring there. I was thinking about Anime News Network/My Anime List as some ideas, but I'd feel it would be pointless to make an account on both for one purpose.
Oooh yes, AnimeNewNetwork sounds good tbh. Thats where I go every morning when I wake up

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Anyone here that knows Hetalia, England is now played by Taliesin Jaffe, you know, Arthur Conan Doyle from Black Butler: book of murder
Ah. Do you go there to post or just look at anime news only? Sounds like I should make an account there.
I go on there to look up new about animes. Its part of my daily routines. Silconeria and Anime News Network

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I went to the German restaurant again.

OMG it's like one of my favorite restaurants now

I had Schnitzel, double Spätzle, Hefeweizen with lemon, and for desert a Apfelstrudel

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG $40 amiibo

It better do something damn well impressive

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
NidoK has 102 physical attack and 85 special attack . . .why exactly would it be a special attacker?
Life Orb + Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for insane coverage

Burruni

Smash Hero
NidoK has 102 physical attack and 85 special attack . . .why exactly would it be a special attacker?

Also FFXV might be delayed. . .NX port confirmed :troll:
:061:
Life Orb + Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for insane coverage
This.
Type coverage and moves that, y'know, actually proc Sheer Force.
Which give a 30% power boost, AND nullify the damage of Life Orb that turn.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm currently playing One Piece Unlimited Adventure for the first time in years.

The nostalgia hits me harder than a Gum Gum Elephant Gun.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am such a dork

This girl I know posted a picture where she looked like she was in a prison line up, with the lines in the background and everything

Someone posted "You look like you're in a prison line up"

and I replied "She's a suspect in stealing a few hearts"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I am such a dork

This girl I know posted a picture where she looked like she was in a prison line up, with the lines in the background and everything

Someone posted "You look like you're in a prison line up"

and I replied "She's a suspect in stealing a few hearts"
*dry heaves*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do you guys know what's meant by only newcomers is SSF2? Like characters that never appeared in any Smash Bros game before or just characters that never appeared in and Super Smash Flash game before?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm starting to wonder if Nutshack is part of SiIvagunner's next lore thing.

The TV Tropes page shared a while ago said there was a hint at a greater threat looming given in some AR game, and Nutshack is one of the most prominent things that's cropped up since that wrapped up, soooooo. . .

I'm almost half expecting the true villain to turn out to be the fanbase all along. Or the darkness in humanity's collective hearts, which in the end we must overpower with our light or accept within ourselves or something.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just thought of an interesting theory....

Pokemon Sun and Moon...with it comes the introduction of Alolan forms...and while there's plenty of speculation and theories as to which possible Pokemon may get Alolan forms, there's another possibility that I find rather interesting...

Which two pokemon are expected to play some sort of role within Sun and Moon? Given their ties to the Sun and Moon respectively as well as some possible hints found on Alola's region map...
:249::250:

Imagine Alolan Lugia and Alolan Ho-oh...XY and ORAS introduced two kinds of form changes respectively in Mega Evolution and Primal Reversionm, both of which involved legendaries...And while Alolan forms aren't necessarily a form change...it's an adaptation...

Perhaps being in Alola allowed Lugia and Ho-oh to take on different forms due to perhasp the presence of Solgaleo and Lunala or some spiritual energy or some other magic pancakes...
I don't think it's too :083: to think of them taking on other forms especially since one of them already has in the past...

While I don't think Lugia will become Shadow Lugia specifically, It may gain a Dark typing as a possibility, perhaps Dark/Dragon? Dark/Water? Dark/Fairy?...as for Ho-oh it's a bit more difficult to pinpoint what typing it may receive if it were to become an Alolan pokemon...The sun does produce solar energy/power which through human technology is converted into electricity so, Fire/Electric? or perhaps it holds a more natural means to converting solar energy...photosynthesis...Fire/Grass? Maybe it would gain a new ability that acts like a powered up Chloryphyll, Fire and Grass types benefit the most from Sunny Day afterall...

I feel like Alola forms may affect any sort of Pokemon, including Legends, of course not all of them will be affected but I feel some will and Lugia and Ho-oh are distinct possibilities...and while so far only Gen 1 pokemon have been revealed to get Alolan forms I doubt it's only going to be reserved for just the one generation...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just thought of an interesting theory....

Pokemon Sun and Moon...with it comes the introduction of Alolan forms...and while there's plenty of speculation and theories as to which possible Pokemon may get Alolan forms, there's another possibility that I find rather interesting...

Which two pokemon are expected to play some sort of role within Sun and Moon? Given their ties to the Sun and Moon respectively as well as some possible hints found on Alola's region map...
:249::250:

Imagine Alolan Lugia and Alolan Ho-oh...XY and ORAS introduced two kinds of form changes respectively in Mega Evolution and Primal Reversionm, both of which involved legendaries...And while Alolan forms aren't necessarily a form change...it's an adaptation...

Perhaps being in Alola allowed Lugia and Ho-oh to take on different forms due to perhasp the presence of Solgaleo and Lunala or some spiritual energy or some other magic pancakes...
I don't think it's too :083: to think of them taking on other forms especially since one of them already has in the past...

While I don't think Lugia will become Shadow Lugia specifically, It may gain a Dark typing as a possibility, perhaps Dark/Dragon? Dark/Water? Dark/Fairy?...as for Ho-oh it's a bit more difficult to pinpoint what typing it may receive if it were to become an Alolan pokemon...The sun does produce solar energy/power which through human technology is converted into electricity so, Fire/Electric? or perhaps it holds a more natural means to converting solar energy...photosynthesis...Fire/Grass? Maybe it would gain a new ability that acts like a powered up Chloryphyll, Fire and Grass types benefit the most from Sunny Day afterall...

I feel like Alola forms may affect any sort of Pokemon, including Legends, of course not all of them will be affected but I feel some will and Lugia and Ho-oh are distinct possibilities...and while so far only Gen 1 pokemon have been revealed to get Alolan forms I doubt it's only going to be reserved for just the one generation...
Dark/Psychic and Fire/Fairy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of whatever you are talking about

Alolan Farfetch'd should be a thing

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am kind of angry I can't get him in Go

He was on my first Elite 4 battle team

Because he was my HM slave, and EXP Share built him up to be one of my strongest pokemon

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm starting to wonder if Nutshack is part of SiIvagunner's next lore thing.

The TV Tropes page shared a while ago said there was a hint at a greater threat looming given in some AR game, and Nutshack is one of the most prominent things that's cropped up since that wrapped up, soooooo. . .

I'm almost half expecting the true villain to turn out to be the fanbase all along. Or the darkness in humanity's collective hearts, which in the end we must overpower with our light or accept within ourselves or something.
I honestly quite surprised that was a lore in all that madness. :laugh:

I'm just happy that Grand Dad remixes are returning again (and nutshack is fading.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom