• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Top 5

1) Andy
2) Crash
3) K. Rool
4) Mewtwo
5) Snake

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
TIME FOR THEORIES! AUGUST 13TH SLOT IS RIDLEY OR ANDY! AUGUST 14TH IS LUFFY OR SOME OTHER THIRD PRTY!

I'm watching you McLeod. I know your way with slots. Especially with Falco. #SSF2

So hyped for tomorrow!
Gonna call it now: one of the characters will be someone nobody will see coming. Mark my words.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
TIME FOR THEORIES! AUGUST 13TH SLOT IS RIDLEY OR ANDY! AUGUST 14TH IS LUFFY OR SOME OTHER THIRD PRTY!

I'm watching you McLeod. I know your way with slots. Especially with Falco. #SSF2

So hyped for tomorrow!
not gonna lie if you take out the anime characters and the sandbag thats a pretty decent lineup for a fan game

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From an article I read, apparently foreigners think we put too much cheese on food

I absolutely love cheese on food.

Can any foreigner confirm if this thing is true, and why you don't like cheese?

D

Deleted member

From an article I read, apparently foreigners think we put too much cheese on food

"We" who?
But anyway, I don't think cheese is the problem but rather the exaggeration of it

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Having ordered from Pizza Hut here and in the states I can safely say yes.

Here: Extra Cheese = barely covers the tomato sauce
America (I assume) = adds about a pound to the weight of the box

D

Deleted member

So Ichigo then.

Because who else.

Though I find him the most fun out of the 3 we got.
Same, it's just so fun to teleport around the stage and I love big swords
Goku is just boring and Naruto could have a fun gimmick with clones but ends up being just annoying

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe he tried to say Ludicolo can learn Fire Punch.
Or maybe he tried to say Slowbro instead of Ludicolo.
Yeah, I had a brain fart. I meant Fire Punch and for some reason thought of Flamethrower, likely for the Slowbro thing. :laugh:

But still. Fire Punch on a Grass-Water type.

Chrono.

So my friend brought up something interesting.

In Fates, I know the kids grow up fast cause of the Deeprealms but what happened to the 9 months of pregnancy time?

D

Deleted member

Takumi is so ****ing powerful it's not even funny, seriously, the only thing holding him down is the 2 range lock and crappy Def
Also, Oboro is not that good, both Jakob and Silas do better than her in tanking(since they can also take magical hits), her speed sucks and Haitaka performed SO much better than her in my Lunatic Conquest run
The only thing she has over other BR units is her class but I could have her marry someone and reclass them into Spear Master

In Fates, I know the kids grow up fast cause of the Deeprealms but what happened to the 9 months of pregnancy time?
They spend their honeymoon inside the Deeprealms
Though why they're so worried about Fatesland(they never name the continent) when they could just live inside one of those that appear to be hidden from enemies and have entire towns inside it is the real question

Last edited by a moderator:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
While I'm not into SSF2 that much, I'm still looking forward to the beta since it'll have compatibility with the GameCube Controller Adapter.

It would be honestly cool if Cloud was revealed on August 15th. If they make him like his SSB4 incarnation, I'd be all over that since he's my main in Smash 4. All I'd need to do is adapt to the physics somewhat and easily get right into it :p.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

They don't say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was also the Deeprealms where the 9 months happen. Also, My Castle is not of the real world, so maybe My Castle is in the Deeprealms. But really, best way of dealing with the children and time capsule thing is by beating the game, than treating the kids and their missions like Epilogue missions.
Heck, IIRC, Corrin went to get Kana in Heirs of Fate after Hoshido/Nohr had won, so yeah, probably best to treat the missions like Post-game missions.

D

Deleted member

They don't say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was also the Deeprealms where the 9 months happen. Also, My Castle is not of the real world, so maybe My Castle is in the Deeprealms. But really, best way of dealing with the children and time capsule thing is by beating the game, than treating the kids and their missions like Epilogue missions.
Heck, IIRC, Corrin went to get Kana in Heirs of Fate after Hoshido/Nohr had won, so yeah, probably best to treat the missions like Post-game missions.
Heirs of Fate spoilers
Heirs of Fate is another timeline of contrived bull****
Every kid is from a different timeline and the one they're in is a failed Rev one

Ivander

Smash Legend
Heirs of Fate spoilers
Heirs of Fate is another timeline of contrived bull****
Every kid is from a different timeline and the one they're in is a failed Rev one
I know, but even then, both Kanas' intro mentioned that their parent had come to get them and that was after Hoshido/Nohr won(Or at least, the JP version did). And nothing really stops you if you wish to get them after the story is beaten. Just saying....

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So the character reveals for the 13th and 14th happen at the same time as today right?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I had a weird dream.

I went to an aquarium. It was a high tech one. It had some really cool stuff like this glass that morphed around your hand. This let you do things like petting and feeding otters without touching them.

It was a pretty cool dream until we got to the one exhibit that the aquarium was most proud of.

Giratina.

Yeah, I know. Weird but let me continue.

The exhibit was empty aside from a machine. Apparently, Giratina didn't like being seen and remained invisible most of the time. The machine prevented it from leaving the exhibit through a wormhole or from phasing through the wall. There was a camera that took pictures of Giratina through its ghostly presence apparently. This created for black and white pictures of the beast where it was mostly glaring at the camera. This freaked visitors out when they saw it and there was often no crowd around the exhibit.

As we passed by the exhibit, the layout kept changing. Mountains where they weren't before, terrain completely altered, etc. A zookeeper said that it was to imitate its natural habitat of the distortion world but we overheard another one saying that Giratina was causing it in small rampages.

At the end of the day, I passed by the exhibit again, I saw it. It had actually become visible again. It was huge and in its Altered Form. I didn't see the face, only the back. In my dream it had realistic skin with a texture that looked like a deep sea fish. It was pretty scary actually. Afterwards staff came rushing around and ran into an employee only area. Apparently, Giratina was attempting to escape again.

Then I woke up.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
YO.
MEW2KING GOT BODIED.
Oh wow, I've actually met the Luigi before. He helps host a local tourney around where I live.

His Luigi is great to watch. Even got a match with him before (Though not against his Luigi, he played Wario instead). Amazing seeing him up against someone like Mew2King.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I had a weird dream.

I went to an aquarium. It was a high tech one. It had some really cool stuff like this glass that morphed around your hand. This let you do things like petting and feeding otters without touching them.

It was a pretty cool dream until we got to the one exhibit that the aquarium was most proud of.

Giratina.

Yeah, I know. Weird but let me continue.

The exhibit was empty aside from a machine. Apparently, Giratina didn't like being seen and remained invisible most of the time. The machine prevented it from leaving the exhibit through a wormhole or from phasing through the wall. There was a camera that took pictures of Giratina through its ghostly presence apparently. This created for black and white pictures of the beast where it was mostly glaring at the camera. This freaked visitors out when they say it and there was often no crowd around the exhibit.

As we passed by the exhibit, the layout kept changing. Mountains where they weren't before, terrain completely altered, etc. A zookeeper said that it was to imitate its natural habitat of the distortion world but we overheard another one saying that Giratina was causing it in small rampages.

At the end of the day, I passed by the exhibit again, I saw it. It had actually become visible again. It was huge and in its Altered Form. I didn't see the face, only the back. In my dream it had realistic skin with a texture that looked like a deep sea fish. It was pretty scary actually. Afterwards staff came rushing around and ran into an employee only area. Apparently, Giratina was attempting to escape again.

Then I woke up.

What do you think?
Reminds me of Jurassic World actually...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Probably this.

Source

I'm leaning towards the first picture.

Also, Oboro is not that good, both Jakob and Silas do better than her in tanking(since they can also take magical hits), her speed sucks and Haitaka performed SO much better than her in my Lunatic Conquest run
The only thing she has over other BR units is her class but I could have her marry someone and reclass them into Spear Master
Have you tried giving a Guard Naginata to Oboro? That's where she shines as a tank. I don't have much to say about her speed issue, but it sounds you might've not gotten lucky with speed as she leveled up. Her speed was still decent in my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs (not to mention she was quite durable against mages because of the Guard Naginata and solid, perhaps lucky, Resistance growths), but I guess that's just my experience.

Have you recruited Shiro yet? He performs very well as a Spear Master, if not better because he's a child unit. Oboro also makes a great mother to whoever she marries; the best husband options I can think of are Subaki and Kaden. Both Caeldori and Selkie will have great growths thanks to Oboro.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know, but even then, both Kanas' intro mentioned that their parent had come to get them and that was after Hoshido/Nohr won(Or at least, the JP version did). And nothing really stops you if you wish to get them after the story is beaten. Just saying....
Those are just memories implanted on them
I get what you mean but Heirs of Fate isn't the best example
Probably this.

Source

I'm leaning towards the first picture.

Have you tried giving a Guard Naginata to Oboro? That's where she shines as a tank. I don't have much to say about her speed issue, but it sounds you might've not gotten lucky with speed as she leveled up. Her speed was still decent in my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs (not to mention she was quite durable against mages because of the Guard Naginata and solid, perhaps lucky, Resistance growths), but I guess that's just my experience.

Have you recruited Shiro yet? He performs very well as a Spear Master, if not better because he's a child unit. Oboro also makes a great mother to whoever she marries; the best husband options I can think of are Subaki and Kaden. Both Caeldori and Selkie will have great growths thanks to Oboro.
All of my C-Rank Lance users carry a Guard Naginata(Spear Master!Oboro, GK!Jakob and Paladin!Silas), that's why I just disregard it when it comes to checking Def and Res.
I guess she got Spd screwed, and Practice Katana isn't an option for her like Silas
At least Seal Speed and Defense ensure anything can kill the enemy afterwards and her personal is "free damage: the skill" but she falls behind in comparison to my two Cavaliers
Though once she gets the S-Rank Lance...

Chrono.

Final Fantasy XV got delayed to November 29th.

Which I'm lowkey happy about because there's too many games I'm getting on the Sept/Oct range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom