• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
on the whole aloha forms thing. Two things
  • its only gonna be gen 1 pokemon
  • its only gonna be one form of the pokemon not the whole species
What that means it there's not gonna be an aloha execute,pikachu,persian,etc.Were probably gonna see pokemon like raticate,butterfree,koffing,golem,nidoking,etc pokemon with decent stats or are easily recognizable who didnt get megas receive aloha forms
If your second point was true, then why would the official site not show the evolution lines for those Pokemon? Also, how can a ground type evolve into a fire/ghost type or a dark type evolve into a normal type? It just doesn't make sense.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Was legitimately confused when that reveal happened. I was thinking to myself "where's the reveal?" until it was revealed that Falco was the newcomer. Always thought he was already in the game lol.

Here's hoping that the next two reveals will be a lot better. And hopefully they'll both be newcomers instead of veterans.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
So Falco is back... And he's mostly been reverted back to his Melee incarnation... Why does everyone keep reverting him back into a clone? I thought people wanted differentiation of the clones.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If your second point was true, then why would the official site not show the evolution lines for those Pokemon? Also, how can a ground type evolve into a fire/ghost type or a dark type evolve into a normal type? It just doesn't make sense.
Regular Cubone is shown evolving into Alolan Marowak in the Japanese trailer, mind you...

Remember Alola forms are still the same species who have adapted in a different way to the Alolan environment...That's why we still have SANDshrew despite it being an ice type now...

Chrono.

So Falco is back... And he's mostly been reverted back to his Melee incarnation... Why does everyone keep reverting him back into a clone? I thought people wanted differentiation of the clones.
Because Melee.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Regular Cubone is shown evolving into Alolan Marowak in the Japanese trailer, mind you...

Remember Alola forms are still the same species who have adapted in a different way to the Alolan environment...That's why we still have SANDshrew despite it being an ice type now...
I'm sorry to Gamefreak or whoever, but that's just stupid. Does that now mean that Alolan Marowak can learn any (or at least most) of its original moveset on top of its new fire/ghost moveset? If that's the case then there will never be any reason to use original Marowak again.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For the same reason people disparage newcomer suggestions as niche, one time and irrelevant but will cry if Sheik is dropped.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I mean, as much as people disparage Sakurai for including clones in Sm4sh, you have to give him credit: as least he didn't actively revert a character into a clone.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry to Gamefreak or whoever, but that's just stupid. Does that now mean that Alolan Marowak can learn any (or at least most) of its original moveset on top of its new fire/ghost moveset? If that's the case then there will never be any reason to use original Marowak again.
Cubone doesn't learn every move original Marowak does though

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Also, I just watched the Japanese trailer, it does not "show regular Cubone evolving into Alolan Marowak", it shows Cubone and Pikachu beginning to evolve, then it cuts to Alolan Marowak and Raichu being sent into battle. That seems an awful lot like a misdirect to me.

Cubone doesn't learn every move original Marowak does though
It's still probably learns enough moves for Alolan Marowak to have too many ground moves for a non-ground type Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well as long as they don't keep Falco's Brawl Shine then everything is fine.

So now there's two more characters left to be revealed. One of them i'm almost certain is a third-party character given his placement amongst the third party characters (the August 14th character) and the other i'm not sure about though i'm fairly confident that this character will be a newcomer.

So here are my 2 sets of predictions...

Optimistic

Falco
Andy
Crash Bandicoot

Realistic

Falco
K. Rool
Cloud

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
What if our Ghost/Fighting type is just a punk skeleton.
Called Raskull.
That'd fit well with Team Skull, but I've always imaged a Fighting/Ghost Pokemon to be a legendary based on a phantom horseback rider and charging in with a sword or joust. (think Phantom Ganon)

Also, someone mentioned an Alola form for Mawile a day or so ago, and I totally agree.
Especially if it looked something like this:

I want it so much. <3

Mawile's one of my favs from gen 3, along with Flygon, Shedinja, Seviper, and Armaldo (and some others, I think)

----

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Also, I just watched the Japanese trailer, it does not "show regular Cubone evolving into Alolan Marowak", it shows Cubone and Pikachu beginning to evolve, then it cuts to Alolan Marowak and Raichu being sent into battle. That seems an awful lot like a misdirect to me.

It still probably learns enough moves for Alolan Marowak to have too many ground moves for a non-ground type Pokemon.
3 by level up
5 if you count tm's
6 if you move tutor in in oras

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well; No Man's Sky is out, but it keeps crashing for me when it reaches the title screen (which is understandable for a game that literally just came out; the servers will be overloaded). Sadly, people are jumping to the conclusion that the PC version is bad because of this. Sheesh guys; give the game some time please...

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
TIME FOR THEORIES! AUGUST 13TH SLOT IS RIDLEY OR ANDY! AUGUST 14TH IS LUFFY OR SOME OTHER THIRD PRTY!

I'm watching you McLeod. I know your way with slots. Especially with Falco. #SSF2

So hyped for tomorrow!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
TIME FOR THEORIES! AUGUST 13TH SLOT IS RIDLEY OR ANDY! AUGUST 14TH IS LUFFY OR SOME OTHER THIRD PRTY!

I'm watching you McLeod. I know your way with slots. Especially with Falco. #SSF2

So hyped for tomorrow!
Andy & Crash please. Mostly the former though. Isaac made it in so I have more hope for Andy in SSF2 then I do for an official Smash Bros game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We got Melee Falco in SSF2? eh.

I really would have preferred his Brawl incarnation. Ah well. What can you do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What would be the point of misdirecting fans like that?
"Hey, here's normal Cubone evolving now here's Alolan Marowak oh but hey it's not normal Cubone but Alolan Cubone that evolves into it"

It's still probably learns enough moves for Alolan Marowak to have too many ground moves for a non-ground type Pokemon.
There are various cases where Pokemon learn a lot of non-stab moves as already mentioned before
Besides, who's to say normal Marowak won't get some ghost or fire moves this gen?

So hyped for tomorrow!
I bet they're all Luigi

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want King K. Rool.

But one thing I never understood after all the years that there are ZERO mods or fan games they have him (one of THE MOST wanted characters for the official games).

Last edited:

Chrono.

I want King K. Rool.

But one thing I understood after all the years that there are ZERO mods or fan games they have him (one of THE MOST wanted characters for the official games).
Wasn't the Ridley mod guy working on K.Rool for Project M?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Something I just thought of. How will Alolan Pokemon effect Breeding? And not just like which Pokemon will come from the egg, but will they have an effect on Egg Moves? Like if a Alolan Raichu with Psychic breeds with a Normal Raichu and then out of the egg comes a Pikachu that will evolve into normal Raichu, will that Pikachu know Psychic, allowing normal Raichu to use Psychic?
Or in the case of Normal Ninetails with Alolan Ninetails, can a Vulpix or Alolan Vulpix learn moves from the other's moveset? Like could a Vulpix get any Ice moves from Alolan Ninetails as Egg moves or an Alolan Vulpix get any Fire moves from Normal Ninetails as Egg moves?
I know there will probably be a bit of limits to what a Pokemon can get from their Alolan counterpart and vice-versa, like normal Raichu learning Psychic seems a bit more possible compared to Ninetails and Alolan Ninetails getting something from the other, but still it makes me wonder if Alolan counterparts will effect Egg Moves.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh God, please don't tell me you are actually liking that animated abomination...
Come one, what's better than nuts and a shack. The show is a masterpiece that many should show their children when growing up. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Something I just thought of. How will Alolan Pokemon effect Breeding? And not just like which Pokemon will come from the egg, but will they have an effect on Egg Moves? Like if a Alolan Raichu with Psychic breeds with a Normal Raichu and then out of the egg comes a Pikachu that will evolve into normal Raichu, will that Pikachu know Psychic, allowing normal Raichu to use Psychic?
Or in the case of Normal Ninetails with Alolan Ninetails, can a Vulpix or Alolan Vulpix learn moves from the other's moveset? Like could a Vulpix get any Ice moves from Alolan Ninetails as Egg moves or an Alolan Vulpix get any Fire moves from Normal Ninetails as Egg moves?
I know there will probably be a bit of limits to what a Pokemon can get from their Alolan counterpart and vice-versa, like normal Raichu learning Psychic seems a bit more possible compared to Ninetails and Alolan Ninetails getting something from the other, but still it makes me wonder if Alolan counterparts will effect Egg Moves.
My bet is that they'll work like Kyurem and its signature moves
In case you don't know, Glaciate is learned only by Kyurem while if it transforms into Black or White Kyurem, the move will be replaced with Ice Burn or Freeze Shock, respectively
So in this case, let's say you have a male Alola!Ninetales with Ice Beam and breed it with a female normal Ninetales: the resulting offspring would have Flamethrower instead of Ice Beam as that is the corresponding move for normal Vulpix

Just a guess though, they might go all crazy and allow them to learn the Alolan moves and vice-versa

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, would normal Ninetales knowing Ice Beam really be that much weirder than the fact that Ludicolo can learn Flamethrower and Dugtrio can learn Slash?

So hyped for tomorrow!
Considering Falco is not even next to Fox, August 13th could also be Lucas, or possibly even some character from already-repped Nintendo series. Hoping for K. Rool, but Ridley would be great as well.

Cloud seems the most realistic option for the third-party.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So hyped for tomorrow!
Logically it should:
Andy & Crash please. Mostly the former though. Isaac made it in so I have more hope for Andy in SSF2 then I do for an official Smash Bros game.
Andy before Samus as Ridley being first wouldn't make sense, but I'd love Ridley.

And Crash as the third part next to pacman makes sense.

But who know, I wonder what they will be.

D

Deleted member

Jojo screenshots taken out of context
Screenshot_2016-08-12-14-35-58.png

Ludicolo can learn Flamethrower
Well, this is news to me
Damn, that makes Ludicolo have a really good coverage with both of its STAB + Ice Beam which I'm pretty sure it can learn

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Logically it should:

Andy before Samus as Ridley being first wouldn't make sense, but I'd love Ridley.

And Crash as the third part next to pacman makes sense.

But who know, I wonder what they will be.
Look at Falco's placement though, it's plausible it could be Andy. Falco is far away from Fox. Maybe it's a Work in Progress thing and the characters are going to adjusted when released? Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom