• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Here's my Top 5
1-Zelda's Adventure
2-Faces of Evil
3-Wand of Gamelon
4-Pinball Machine
5-Mystical Seed of Courage

:troll:

1-Twilight Princess
2-Ocarina Of Time
3-Oracle of Seasons
4-Majora's Mask
5-Wind Waker

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So, I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but Tadpole Treble hit the Wii U today. It's a spin on rhythm games where you literally navigate the sheet music of the song that's playing. It was made by Matthew Taranto, otherwise known as the creator of Brawl In The Family! I wholeheartedly recommend it if you are a fan of BitF and/or music games. Each level has a different style of music, from chiptune to a fully vocal western number. What's more, the game is actually pretty challenging; I barely made it through some of the later levels! On top of the game itself, there are optional challenges available, a unique one for each level. They range from somewhat annoying to excruciating, but fair. The game is a bit short, but has great replay value, thanks to the challenges. By far my favorite part, however was:
The final boss. Unlike other levels, it has three unique songs to its name. The final round against it, "Tadpole Soup", is a bonafide villain song, my greatest weakness! It's stupidly catchy, and I'm still humming it quite a while after beating it. And if the game wasn't hard enough for you, beating the final boss unlocks Concerto Mode, where you play every level one after the other on one life bar. Good luck with that!
So, in conclusion: go buy this game. It's available for Wii U, Steam, and a few other platforms, I believe.
EDIT: How did I forget one of the major features? In Composition Mode, you can create your own songs, share them with others, or play songs composed by other players. I don't know much about the specifics, as I haven't used the mode yet. That said, sharing levels on Wii U involves QR codes somehow.
Speaking of Tadpole Treble, I might be doing an interview with Michael and Matthew Taranto very soon. Please tag me with any questions you may have (About Tadpole Treble or Brawl in the Family).

I picked up Tadpole Treble on Steam (Since it's not out on Wii U in Japan). The story mode is pretty short, but there's enough reason to replay and charm to the game that the price is pretty justified. The various musical numbers of the game were the highlight of the game for me. Also, as @Professor Lexicovermis stated, there's also composition mode which allows you to make your own songs.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i think its obvious why zubat and dragonite were added to the japanese site....because "ah **** we prmised something for today but we already released the trailer because it got leaked"

which is why we probobly wont see dragonite or zubat in the west today

D

Deleted member

The XY battles are really good, the Mega Sceptile vs. Ash Greninja showed up in my news feed once and holy hell that was amazing
I'll probably try to watch the Ash vs. Alain battle sometime later when I get the chance

On another note, damn, episode 5 of Mob Psycho 100 got a really big mood shift

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm starting to think Leak 4 might be fake.
The reason as to why I think that is because it predicted a water Growlithe, and we saw a regular Arcanine in one of the japanese trailers.
A regular Meowth was shown in the game. Alolan Meowth confirmed fake

Also, possible Alolan Dragonite and Alolan Crobat?
I don't care about Dragonite but I know someone who does amirite @BoltDragon
Crobat is GREAT though. Not ONLY a non-Kanto Alolan, but the Crobat line deserves more love. People go 'ew zubat in every cave' yet Gamefreak made it so Zubat literally only appear in a SINGLE cave in XY

D

Deleted member

A regular Meowth was shown in the game. Alolan Meowth confirmed fake
That Meowth belongs to the player's mother, and since the player and his mother just moved to Alola from another region, it makes sense as to why it's a regular Meowth rather than an Alolan Meowth.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That Meowth belongs to the player's mother, and since the player and his mother just moved to Alola from another region, it makes sense as to why it's a regular Meowth rather than an Alolan Meowth.
I know. However, it makes sense that they wouldn't show the Alolan Meowth until it's officially announced. Likewise, in the Japanese trailers, they show the battle animations of both the regular, AND the Alolan forms. It's also a possibility Alolan mons are found on specific islands, I can easily imagine Vulpix and Sandshrew being on non-snowy islands as their old selfs

D

Deleted member

I know. However, it makes sense that they wouldn't show the Alolan Meowth until it's officially announced. Likewise, in the Japanese trailers, they show the battle animations of both the regular, AND the Alolan forms. It's also a possibility Alolan mons are found on specific islands, I can easily imagine Vulpix and Sandshrew being on non-snowy islands as their old selfs
That actually makes sense...
I'm still not fully convinced that it's real but we'll just have to wait and see.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Speaking of Tadpole Treble, I might be doing an interview with Michael and Matthew Taranto very soon. Please tag me with any questions you may have (About Tadpole Treble or Brawl in the Family).

I picked up Tadpole Treble on Steam (Since it's not out on Wii U in Japan). The story mode is pretty short, but there's enough reason to replay and charm to the game that the price is pretty justified. The various musical numbers of the game were the highlight of the game for me. Also, as @Professor Lexicovermis stated, there's also composition mode which allows you to make your own songs.
Who's Michael? I also bought Tadpole Treble yesterday with no questions asked. Went to composition mode and made the intro to Super Mario Bros and worked on Gusty Garden Galaxy as well. It's really neat, but a bit limited in its instruments. Still for $10, its pretty good overall. I played a bit of Adventure and it has really great music.

I also went ahead and bought Mario Sports Mix. Loved the game, the sports are fun and it also has great music as well. Also, there is a certain song from the game that I'm looking for.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mfw someone tags me for ":secretzpop:"

There was an emoji version (which should be plugged into SWF asap) but clearly full size is more FABULOUS.

Also I didn't make it. That honor goes to @BENI | Shigure I believe.
Byoutiful. I'm saving this. Thanks. :lick:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
I got to thinking about something.
Of the 31 unused type combinations.
5 of them are fairy-subtypes. Which makes a fair bit of sense, it IS the new type and Kalos had the scrawniest dex expansion.
But /7/ of them are normal-subtypes.
(Fairy-Fire/Poison/Ground/Fighting/Dark & Normal-Rock/Poison/Bug/Ghost/Steel/Ice/Dark)
Considering Water and Flying have all of their type combos covered.
The remaining 14 types mixing around make up 19 unused type combinations.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We even more polished now...
<<

Man.
I got to thinking about something.
Of the 31 unused type combinations.
5 of them are fairy-subtypes. Which makes a fair bit of sense, it IS the new type and Kalos had the scrawniest dex expansion.
But /7/ of them are normal-subtypes.
(Fairy-Fire/Poison/Ground/Fighting/Dark & Normal-Rock/Poison/Bug/Ghost/Steel/Ice/Dark)
Considering Water and Flying have all of their type combos covered.
The remaining 14 types mixing around make up 19 unused type combinations.
Normal really shouldn't be hard to cover especially since Game Freak stuck Normal typing on some pokemon really randomly like Heliolisk...If this Darwinian cat is true that'll cover a lot of those Normal type combos....

Fairy is a new type, but I can see it pulling off the other type combos...

Dragon is a type that can pull off any combination...Dragons are so versatile...so far it's missing two I believe? Fighting and Bug?

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
A wild Alolan Zubat appears.

I don't see what can they do to improve already annoying fodder you find in caves.
To be fair, people already pointed out that those Pokemon where not getting Alola forms, because the official site shows the Zubat & Dratini line as catchable in the regular dex, but due they tweeted that there is more to come to those lines, people predict Mega's for Dragonite & Crobat instead

Team Skull grunts also used regular Zubats & Golbats, although I can understand the argument of people bringing up that the ingame footage they showed is not final, but its worth nothing regardless

Burruni

Smash Hero
<<

Normal really shouldn't be hard to cover especially since Game Freak stuck Normal typing on some pokemon really randomly like Heliolisk...If this Darwinian cat is true that'll cover a lot of those Normal type combos....

Dragon is a type that can pull off any combination...Dragons are so versatile...so far it's missing two I believe? Fighting and Bug?
Dragon's missing two. (Fighting & Bug)
Grass is missing ONE. (Fire)
Fire is missing two others (Ice & Fairy, duh)
Psychic is missing two (Bug & Poison)

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
<<

Honestly, Flygon could have easily been Dragon and Bug and looked cool while doing so.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Alola forms, here's an idea for Brilliant Diamond and Perfect Pearl. Sinnoh forms... for Gen 5, 6 & 7 mons. Especially considering Sinnoh is supposed to be a "cold" region.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can see why normal has so few combos from a weakness POV: a ghost immunity in exchange for a fighting weakness, but it has a hidden upside, STABSTABSTAB on a LOT of moves including Giga Impact and Hyper Beam

D

Deleted member

JUST BECAUSE A POKEMON HAS AN ALOLAN FORM DOESN'T MEAN THEIR NORMAL FORMS WON'T BE AVAIBLE IN SUN AND MOON
Goddamnit you guys, this isn't an Arbok pattern situation, these are different forms, they can COEXIST

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Who's Michael? I also bought Tadpole Treble yesterday with no questions asked. Went to composition mode and made the intro to Super Mario Bros and worked on Gusty Garden Galaxy as well. It's really neat, but a bit limited in its instruments. Still for $10, its pretty good overall. I played a bit of Adventure and it has really great music.

I also went ahead and bought Mario Sports Mix. Loved the game, the sports are fun and it also has great music as well. Also, there is a certain song from the game that I'm looking for.
Michael is his brother, who also worked on Tadpole Treble.

Just got to 1045/1200 bubbles, and beat Concerto for the first time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
JUST BECAUSE A POKEMON HAS AN ALOLAN FORM DOESN'T MEAN THEIR NORMAL FORMS WON'T BE AVAIBLE IN SUN AND MOON
Goddamnit you guys, this isn't an Arbok pattern situation, these are different forms, they can COEXIST
They way the releases word it, you can't CATCH the original form but you can transfer them from XYORAS and VC RBY. AASC (Abbreviations are so cool.)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I was thinking that if the Eclipse legendary was indeed a Scorpion...it would likely have Bug/Psychic...although Bug/Dark is also a possibility...

One of my most wanted pokemon is a moon moth with the Bug/Psychic typing also...with its Caterpillar being Bug/Normal possibly...

I think this type combo would be really neat regardless how its implemented...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom