• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Managed to find a WiFi hotspot here, so I figured I'd check in. :p

Still working on Swamp's thing.

But in the meantime, I saw Suicide Squad. Thoughts in the spoiler below.

Let's go with the positives first!

- Many of the characters were stand-out, IMO. Deadshot, Harley, Amanda Waller, Rick Flag, El Diablo, and the small amount of Captain Boomerang we saw were great. The Flash cameo was also really neat.
- To go into specifics, I loved the dynamic between Deadshot and Flag. Good stuff. Margo Robbie as Harley was great as well, minus one aspect of her character that came out wrong (which I'll get to later), but one scene I really liked was a kind of throwaway line where she basically on-the-spot diagnoses Deadshot as a sociopath, which was a clever throwback to her origin.
- Deadshot though. Seriously, Will Smith did a great job. Smith is usually one of those actors who, to me, instead of playing a role, plays themselves playing a role, if that makes sense. Jim Carrey and Johnny Depp also seem like this sometimes. But this time? Will Smith was Deadshot, and Deadshot was great.
- El Diablo was an unexpected surprise, and his sacrifice at the end felt meaningful, even if he was a bit too quick to call the rest of the Squad family.
- Viola Davis IS Amanda Waller. Nuff said.
- Though still dark, at least the DCEU is finally having signs of a color pallete. :p

Negatives now:

- People weren't kidding when they said it was poorly edited. It definitely seemed like a first draft. Apparently the WB made Ayer write the script in only six weeks, along with other unrealistic demands. Scenes that should have bee in weren't, some seemed out of order, and others were unnecessary all together. It's jarring how like, half the trailer scenes weren't in the final cut.
- Say what you will of Leto's Joker, but the shouldn't have cut like ninety percent of his scenes, especially when he was a huge part of their marketing. As for me, I'm neutral on Leto!Joker. We didn't see enough of him for me to form an opinion...still not digging the grills though.
- Speaking of the cut Joker scenes...the Executive Meddling when it came to his and Harley's relationship is all kinds of awful. They cut out the scenes where he abuses her, when her entire character arc is supposed to be about her having Stockholm Syndrome. It's not supposed to be a loving relationship. Joker shouldn't be portrayed as a lovesick puppy with tattoos and grills; Harley is more like PROPERTY to him.
- Now for a big one...character bloat. One big issue is the film kinda spread itself thin. I'll compare Guardians of the Galaxy here due to similar situations (films about a team of outlaws, unknown to the general audience, comedic tone, relatively standalone superhero films). With Guardians, the main gang included five characters, so Star-Lord, Gamkra, Drax, Rocket, and Groot all got their development time...but even with the movie getting universal acclaim, people still agreed that Ronan was severely underdeveloped as a result of the amount of new characters they needed to introduce. With SS, in addition to introducing the audience to Waller, they needed to introduce the audience to EIGHT Squad members, plus Joker, plus Enchantress. Needles so on say, many didn't pull their weight. For example:
-- Killer Croc seemed largely unnecessary, but had a couple of good lines...but the team didn't need more comic relief between Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang.
-- You could literally take Katana out of the film and the plot wouldn't change. Harley would just use a different weapon in the pile of weapons to kill Enchantress. Plus, her role IN UNIVERSE was redundant...she was there to protect Flag, but...that's what the neck bombs were for.
-- lol Slipknot. I get why it's necessary to have him (you need to assure the audience the bombs are real), they telegraphed it SO HARD. People knew he'd die since the first trailers came out. He didn't even get a cool intro scene. I do like that Boomerang deceiving him into "testing" the bomb was lifted from an 80s Suicide Squad comic.
-- I actually liked June Moon/Enchantressas a character, but I didn't get her motive at all. What exactly was her "machine" supposed to do? Just a generic doomsday device? She needed more development.

Over the film had some glaring issues that shouldn't be present in a final cut of a film. That being said, it had all the ingredients of a pretty good film...but the chef just put too many potatoes in the crockpot, advertised the parsley as a selling point on the menu, mixed certain ingredients that don't mix, and didn't cook it long enough. But in the end? While some of those potatoes weren't cooked enough, some were well done. I went in expecting dog ****, but got half-done potato salad. That's a win in my book.

All in all, I had fun with it, which is more than I can say for Batman v Superman. Not a GOOD film, but fun. All in all, I'd say it gets five and a half out of ten stars, maybe six. Like, if my friend had it on DVD and offered to watch it when I stayed over, I'd respond with, "Sure, why not?"

So yeah, my thoughts.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I can see why normal has so few combos from a weakness POV: a ghost immunity in exchange for a fighting weakness, but it has a hidden upside, STABSTABSTAB on a LOT of moves including Giga Impact and Hyper Beam
I'm dying for a Normal/Ghost Pokemon. Immunity to Fighting and Ghost with Dark being it's only weakness.
It's been rumored that we're getting Alolan Butterfree with that typing.
It's going to be on my team if it's true. I have Butterfree as one of my Pokes in my Yellow run through and its a life saver.
Michael is his brother, who also worked on Tadpole Treble.

Just got to 1045/1200 bubbles, and beat Concerto for the first time.
Wasn't aware that his brother had helped. I haven't played much, so I'm not sure how many bubbles I have :p I'm much more into the composition mode, which is why I originally bought the game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm dying for a Normal/Ghost Pokemon. Immunity to Fighting and Ghost with Dark being it's only weakness.

It's going to be on my team if it's true. I have Butterfree as one of my Pokes in my Yellow run through and its a life saver.

Wasn't aware that his brother had helped. I haven't played much, so I'm not sure how many bubbles I have :p I'm much more into the composition mode, which is why I originally bought the game
I'm still calling it. Normal-Ghost Opossum Pokémon. One day, one day...

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm still calling it. Normal-Ghost Opossum Pokémon. One day, one day...
I'd actually like the Normal/Ghost Pokemon to be a simple sheet ghost. I dunno why but it seems to make sense to me. It could be the "Children's Nightmare" Pokemon or something along those lines. :laugh:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
When Star Wars and Fire Emblem collide, the traitor will pay.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Doesn't mean TRAINERS can't have them
There's actually precedence for not even the trainers having them.

In Gen VI, Deerling and Sawsbuck could only be found in their Spring forms, and the other forms were obtainable only by transferring them from Unova. It's the exact situation as the Alola forms, from what we know.

That being said, NPCs only used the Spring form as well. No Summer, Autumn, or Winter Deerling or Sawsbuck are owned by NPCs, despite them being common to see, especially in ORAS' Battle Maison.

So while not confirmed, there IS precedence for a form only available via transfer being unable to be found at all in the game proper, even by NPCs.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When Star Wars and Fire Emblem collide, the traitor will pay.

I approve this gif so much that.
Like, someone give this man a medal, he deserve it, no, HE EARN IT.
Seal of Approval, 10/10.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also gonna throw in a prediction.

If a Smash vet gets revealed for SSF2 today, it's gonna be one of these: Ganondorf, Dedede, Mewtwo, Little Mac, and MAYBE R.O.B.

For newcomers, hell if I know, though K. Rool, Inklings, or Chrom would be cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want a Ghost/Normal just so that Ghost and Fighting koves aren't an auto perfect coverage
Though nerfing Ghost would be easier...
There's actually precedence for not even the trainers having them.

In Gen VI, Deerling and Sawsbuck could only be found in their Spring forms, and the other forms were obtainable only by transferring them from Unova. It's the exact situation as the Alola forms, from what we know.

That being said, NPCs only used the Spring form as well. No Summer, Autumn, or Winter Deerling or Sawsbuck are owned by NPCs, despite them being common to see, especially in ORAS' Battle Maison.

So while not confirmed, there IS precedence for a form only available via transfer being unable to be found at all in the game proper, even by NPCs.
Sawsbuck's forms didn't change stats or typings though
But I can see where you're coming from

D

Deleted member

I feel a bit akward now...
Remember when we had that :157: vs :160:disscussion we had a few days ago? (I sided with Feraligatr for those who don't remember)
Well, I realized that out of all the starters I used, Feraligatr's actually my least favorite
Not that I dislike it or anything, it's just that it didn't feel very powerful. At the same time, I started to really like Typhlosion, and I feel like using it in a playthrough, but I just recently beat HeartGold
I'm not sure if I really want to play it again that soon

D

Deleted member

SSF2 reveal? Geez, can't wait to spend 8 hours watching the stream just to finally see Ganondorf! /s
I feel a bit akward now...
Remember when we had that :157: vs :160:disscussion we had a few days ago? (I sided with Feraligatr for those who don't remember)
Well, I realized that out of all the starters I used, Feraligatr's actually my least favorite
Not that I dislike it or anything, it's just that it didn't feel very powerful. At the same time, I started to really like Typhlosion, and I feel like using it in a playthrough, but I just recently beat HeartGold
I'm not sure if I really want to play it again that soon
Feraligatr is best starter hands down
Though I got tired of using one on my SoulSilver runs so now I picked Cyndaquil for the second time
Still, Typhlosion can't even compare itself to Feraligatr, but hey, at least they aren't a Meganium

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Right now a match on Pac-Maze with commentary.

Refresh? Update plugins?
It worked but I had to change browsers to get the stream to work.

Lets see what happens.
SSF2 reveal? Geez, can't wait to spend 8 hours watching the stream just to finally see Ganondorf! /s
More like 10 hours to see the reveal of Dr. Mario :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Feraligatr is best starter hands down
Though I got tired of using one on my SoulSilver runs so now I picked Cyndaquil for the second time
Still, Typhlosion can't even compare itself to Feraligatr, but hey, at least they aren't a Meganium
Fair enough.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I noticed that there's three locked characters slots which leads me to believe that 1 is for a veteran, 1 is for a newcomer, and the other is for a third party character.

Also keep in mind that :4cloud:is technically a SSF veteran :estatic:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
on the whole aloha forms thing. Two things
  • its only gonna be gen 1 pokemon
  • its only gonna be one form of the pokemon not the whole species
What that means it there's not gonna be an aloha execute,pikachu,persian,etc.Were probably gonna see pokemon like raticate,butterfree,koffing,golem,nidoking,etc pokemon with decent stats or are easily recognizable who didnt get megas receive aloha forms

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
on the whole aloha forms thing. Two things
  • its only gonna be gen 1 pokemon
  • its only gonna be one form of the pokemon not the whole species
What that means it there's not gonna be an aloha execute,pikachu,persian,etc.Were probably gonna see pokemon like raticate,butterfree,koffing,golem,nidoking,etc pokemon with decent stats or are easily recognizable who didnt get megas receive aloha forms
Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash and Alolan Vulpix/ Ninetales

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"This character is someone who most people will be happy to see"

Methinks this is K. Rool.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
SSF2 Stream.
Brought to you by the same staff as Sonic 25th anniversary.

Edit:

Ya gotta keep the evolved form a secret.
Sorry, I've already leaked it. It looses its Fighting type though for Psychic.

"Fox's wing man, Falco has joined the battle :4jigglypuff:"

All that waiting and they still **** up the reveal. . . Isn't this the second time in a row thye had trouble with a reveal?
:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom