• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Birthright Chpter 23 has to be the least enjoyable chapter of FE I have ever played. Filled to the brim with high damage units with high mobility and every single turn at least one of my units (likely more) will lose 10 HP while having to deal with cramped areas. ****ing STAHP
:061:
Camilla's incendiary machine. :facepalm:

If you want a hint:
Send Jakob to fight the Dark Knights at the northern end of the first corridor. As long as someone with a high support level is with him and he has Tome Breaker, they can't touch him and won't leave to fight other units.

D

Deleted member

If you want a hint:
Send Jakob to fight the Dark Knights at the northern end of the first corridor. As long as someone with a high support level is with him and he has Tome Breaker, they can't touch him and won't leave to fight other units.
I'd say Kaze is better with his high Res
Jakob1 is usually reclassed to GK or Paladin and Jakob2 is outright useless

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
He might have already lost Kaze. :/

If you want a hint:
THat would work if I was actually using Jakob. :p
Or if the chapter wasn't over for that matter

I just had Ryoma, Takumi, and Hana/Kana clear the map almost solo. Thankfully it was almost all axes and fliers so they would get insta gibbed
Hard for him to kill anything from the bottom of a cliff :p
srsly though **** that tedious chapter

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, magical pancakes turned a Raichu psychic?
Is... Game Freak smoking something? I'm not judging but, I feel like there's something going on behind the scenes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I just had Ryoma, Takumi, and Hana/Kana clear the map almost solo. Thankfully it was almost all axes and fliers so they would get insta gibbed

Too soon. :(

D

Deleted member

Yeah, expected as not many players use Jakob
They should though, he's a great unit. If you play with female Corrin that is, because Jakob2 sucks ass

Too soon man, too soon
Rip in pasta Kaze

Ivander

Smash Legend
Being able to spam a 100% accuracy 120 base power STAB move that also gets boosted by the terrain with double of your speed is nothing to overlook
Also, Tapu Koko has an ability that summons Electric Terrain
It is nothing to overlook, but will it truly be worth the effort? Also, I forgot about Tapu Koko. And even then, can it learn Rain Dance and would it be worth it to have 2 Electric/Psychics on the team to get that fast Raichu and boosted accurate Thunder?

Chrono.

So the first part of Alain vs Ash aired.

Pikachu vs. Tyranitar - Pikachu wins
Noivern vs. Weavile - Weavile wins
Hawlucha vs. Weavile - Hawlucha wins
Hawlucha vs. Bisharp - Bisharp wins
Talonflame vs. Unfezant - Tie
Pikachu vs. Metagross - Pikachu wins
Pikachu vs. Charizard - To be continued

Noivern confirmed worthless jobber.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It is nothing to overlook, but will it truly be worth the effort? Also, I forgot about Tapu Koko. And even then, can it learn Rain Dance and would it be worth it to have 2 Electric/Psychics on the team to get that fast Raichu and boosted accurate Thunder?
It makes anything without Lightning Rod piss itself in VGC. Though having both rain and ETerrain means you can use Surf too

D

Deleted member

Do you think that Smogon cares? They banned Excadrill back in Gen 5 JUST because of its doubled speed during Sandstorms
Still, if one gets to set up it, all that can stop Raichu is a Ground type... and it probably gets Surf anyways... during Rain...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To be fair, Hawaii did have royal families at one point, and cat breeding making new breeds off of mutations does happen.

Raichu is kind of a flat-out handwave excuse to get it to surf on it's own tail, but in a real-life context Meowth does kind of make sense in every aspect except corruption being the cause. Just because it's not flat-out evolution doesn't mean alternate varieties can't generate, that's basically what cat and dog breeding IS.
So why does it ONLY happen in the Alola region? Breeding occurs all over the world...Why do we not have various types of cat and dog pokemon in other regions?

My point wasn't that Meowths can't be bred regardless...and I think I made that point rather clear in my original post ..

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Do you think that Smogon cares? They banned Excadrill back in Gen 5 JUST because of its doubled speed during Sandstorms
Still, if one gets to set up it, all that can stop Raichu is a Ground type... and it probably gets Surf anyways... during Rain...
No. Excadrill is also powerful and has a great movepull. Sandslash ALSO had Sand Rush, but Excadrill's great offence plus BEING THE FASTEST THING IN THE GAME is a sliiight problem. Even then, weather got nerfed so that ban was undone iirc.
Special walls/tanks exist, not to mention Panchu will have weaknesses. Just wait till we get official stats

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So why does it ONLY happen in the Alola region? Breeding occurs all over the world...Why do we not have various types of cat and dog pokemon in other regions?

My point wasn't that Meowths can't be bred regardless...and I think I made that point rather clear in my original post ..
Some breeds are more rare than others.

I own a rare breed of dog that is pricey in the US but fairly common in South Africa.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So the first part of Alain vs Ash aired.

Pikachu vs. Tyranitar - Pikachu wins
Noivern vs. Weavile - Weavile wins
Hawlucha vs. Weavile - Hawlucha wins
Hawlucha vs. Bisharp - Bisharp wins
Talonflame vs. Unfezant - Tie
Pikachu vs. Metagross - Pikachu wins
Pikachu vs. Charizard - To be continued

Noivern confirmed worthless jobber.
I wanna say that's bull**** that Pikachu beat a Tyranitar but I remember Pikachu beating an Onix at one point so moot

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I guess it's like how Nidoran Male and Female IIRC still take up separate Pokedex slots.

It simply wasn't implemented in past regions.

Also the whole timeline split thing. Perhaps they weren't in past regions because they DIDN'T exist in those timelines. At any rate, I haven't heard anything about the mechanic being Alola-only like how some other mechanics have been justified before, so it's likely that it does happen in other regions, it simply hasn't been shown in any we've visited yet because the idea wasn't put in place for the series yet.

I understand if you think they might not be restricting it to things that can be justified by environmental changes, but I figured your point was that they were just going to do it willy-nilly and since cat breeding is pretty common I figured I'd point out that Meowth doesn't really count as a "just there for the sake of it" situation by real world standards. I mean, wasn't there an IRL breed of dog bred by Chinese royalty or something? It could happen with a cat.

Burruni

Smash Hero
In a sense.
Gen 6 has been a reboot for the series, namely making Megas and project AZOTH canon across the series.
And since then, we've seen things trying to... revamp matters.
Pokemon Origins bridging Mega Evolution as a "new concept" in Kanto, around the time that OR/AS would be going on.
Then we'd have the 3 year echoing into Johto and Sinnoh.
And the missing link would be Unova, which did have the mystery of Colress's science in how it relates to the studies of AZOTH.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In a sense.
Gen 6 has been a reboot for the series, namely making Megas and project AZOTH canon across the series.
And since then, we've seen things trying to... revamp matters.
Pokemon Origins bridging Mega Evolution as a "new concept" in Kanto, around the time that OR/AS would be going on.
Then we'd have the 3 year echoing into Johto and Sinnoh.
And the missing link would be Unova, which did have the mystery of Colress's science in how it relates to the studies of AZOTH.
Speaking of Pokemon Origins they really need to do a Johto Origins series so they can complete the story of Red by having the final Gold VS Red battle.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Speaking of Pokemon Origins they really need to do a Johto Origins series so they can complete the story of Red by having the final Gold VS Red battle.
And honestly....
It'd be a good way to wrap up Johto's addition to the "New Timeline," with Gen 4 next in line to be remade.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the Alola Marowak entry soft confirms my theory of Gardevoir/Gallade having such high stats due to defending their tissue paper children.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why didn't things such as Alola forms didn't exist before? Simple: because GF hadn't thought of them
You can't expect them to have references to it before they even thought of introducing such concept
Knowing the Pokemon Company, they'll probably just adapt Sun ans Moon first because what's a Johto?

Also, throwback Thursday
This trailer was the hypest thing GF has ever done to promote a game, why don't we get more of these?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Meowth is a Pokémon that did not originally live in the Alola region. They were sent to the royal line as an offering from another region, and only a select few could have them as partners.

The Meowth in Alola are distinct for their cunning and their great pride. Two things they really hate—a wound to their pride and dirt on their coins. If either one happens, they fly into hysterics!

It’s said that the Meowth that were offered to the royal family lived a life of luxury and pampering, which led them to have a selfish and prideful attitude. This caused Meowth’s form to change.

The once-rare Alolan Meowth became feral when the monarchy was destroyed, and they have now become regular Pokémon, seen as commonly in the Alola region as elsewhere."

Alolan Meowth confirmed to be Kanto Meowth that lost their luxury/monarchy, which led them going berserk, thus going to the Dark side? Wonder what that means for Alolan Persian...
I saw someone point out that this could be connected to AZ. What if Alola was at war with Kalos, the collapse of AZ's monarch is what they refer to. Chinese leak says AZ shows up so it could happen.

Also it's nice that not all pokemon need a reason to have an alolan form. Also Alolan Hypno for the evil team please!

And what if Team Skull accidentally invokes the box legend? They deface the trails according to the site so what if this angers the box legend into awakening and causing havoc? Thus you need to stop it and they reform after seeing the destruction they could have caused.

And new GX discussion with @Serebii and Pokejungle! Pretty cool!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Some breeds are more rare than others.

I own a rare breed of dog that is pricey in the US but fairly common in South Africa.
I guess it's like how Nidoran Male and Female IIRC still take up separate Pokedex slots.

It simply wasn't implemented in past regions.

Also the whole timeline split thing. Perhaps they weren't in past regions because they DIDN'T exist in those timelines. At any rate, I haven't heard anything about the mechanic being Alola-only like how some other mechanics have been justified before, so it's likely that it does happen in other regions, it simply hasn't been shown in any we've visited yet because the idea wasn't put in place for the series yet.

I understand if you think they might not be restricting it to things that can be justified by environmental changes, but I figured your point was that they were just going to do it willy-nilly and since cat breeding is pretty common I figured I'd point out that Meowth doesn't really count as a "just there for the sake of it" situation by real world standards. I mean, wasn't there an IRL breed of dog bred by Chinese royalty or something? It could happen with a cat.
Forget about cat and dog breeds...I'm not sitting here saying that Alolan Meowth shouldn't have been created yadda yadda...Nor am I saying other regions should've had it...

I'm saying Alolan forms aren't strictly reserved for Pokemon depending on their surrounding environment in Alola...Other Alolan forms may be introduced without an explanation that directly coincides with the region specifically...

Dark Meowth exists because selective breeding that made it Dark type and Normal Meowths were pretty much eliminated, not because of the region it's in...unlike Exeggutor which gets more sunlight than usual in this tropical environment than other Exeggutors or Marowak adapting to natural predators in Alola...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A thought just occurred to me, what if the legend fight is a totem fight? You have to work to catch it! Probably unlikely but who knows.

Chrono.

I saw someone point out that this could be connected to AZ. What if Alola was at war with Kalos, the collapse of AZ's monarch is what they refer to. Chinese leak says AZ shows up so it could happen.

Also it's nice that not all pokemon need a reason to have an alolan form. Also Alolan Hypno for the evil team please!

And what if Team Skull accidentally invokes the box legend? They deface the trails according to the site so what if this angers the box legend into awakening and causing havoc? Thus you need to stop it and they reform after seeing the destruction they could have caused.

And new GX discussion with @Serebii and Pokejungle! Pretty cool!
>Pokejungle

Oh no.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And honestly....
It'd be a good way to wrap up Johto's addition to the "New Timeline," with Gen 4 next in line to be remade.
Exactly. Not only that but GSC had one of the best adventures out of all the games IMO with all the battles that can be done. It can be even longer than the RGB Origins.

i.e.

EP1: Gold starts off his journey and has his first battle with Silver, faces Falkner
EP2: Gold, Morty, and Eusine in the Burned Tower looking for Suicune, Entei, and Raikou, faces Morty
EP3: Gold going to Cinawood City to get the medicine, faces Jasmine
EP4: Gold and Lance storm Team Rockets Hideout in Mahgony Town, the whole Goldenrod Radio Tower sequence
EP5: Gold facing off against E4 + Lance; travels to Kanto
EP6: Gold faces off against Blue and heads to Mt. Silver
EP7: Gold VS Red to end the Johto Origins series
Knowing the Pokemon Company, they'll probably just adapt Sun ans Moon first because what's a Johto?

Also, throwback Thursday
This trailer was the hypest thing GF has ever done to promote a game, why don't we get more of these?
Well if they wanted to finish off the story of Red then a Johto Origins story would be the best way to do it seeing as RGB and GSC are closely tied together.

And yeah that trailer is the reason why i'm a big advocate of having a 2nd Pokemon anime series whether that's bringing the Pokemon Adventures manga in to an anime, a fully fledged Pokemon Origins series, or a brand new series. I would prefer the 1st option personally but the 2nd one would also be good.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, at this point.
38 Pokemon officially shown.
+ 8 Alolan forms.

In comparison to Kalos launch having
69 Pokemon
+ 28 Mega forms for 26 Pokemon.

(Not counting Pokemon we "know exist but haven't seen" so to speak)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People are getting angry at Nintendo for denying the public to go to Pokemon Worlds. First of all, Nintendo isn't the one doing anything, that's The Pokemon Company, second, wasn't there a shooting attempt last time?
Yes there was, a major one at that. Also the main problem is that they could only get a smaller venue and thus space is limited. Public is still open, but there aren't many slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom