• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Exactly. Not only that but GSC had one of the best adventures out of all the games IMO with all the battles that can be done. It can be even longer than the RGB Origins.

i.e.

EP1: Gold starts off his journey and has his first battle with Silver, faces Falkner
EP2: Gold, Morty, and Eusine in the Burned Tower looking for Suicune, Entei, and Raikou, faces Morty
EP3: Gold going to Cinawood City to get the medicine, faces Jasmine
EP4: Gold and Lance storm Team Rockets Hideout in Mahgony Town, the whole Goldenrod Radio Tower sequence
EP5: Gold facing off against E4 + Lance; travels to Kanto
EP6: Gold faces off against Blue and heads to Mt. Silver
EP7: Gold VS Red to end the Johto Origins series

Well if they wanted to finish off the story of Red then a Johto Origins story would be the best way to do it seeing as RGB and GSC are closely tied together.

And yeah that trailer is the reason why i'm a big advocate of having a 2nd Pokemon anime series whether that's bringing the Pokemon Adventures manga in to an anime, a fully fledged Pokemon Origins series, or a brand new series. I would prefer the 1st option personally but the 2nd one would also be good.
Yeah, the thing with a Johto Origins is that they'd have to have more than 4 episodes to get all of the important events
I think they should just do a 11-episode series, they obviously have the budget for a lot more than that, it's just that they don't want to

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
>When you realize the nicktoons wont just be this with better animation
>Will probably be a CGI mess with Neil patrick harris
:(

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
No, that's not him. This is a different DarkAura; he mains Greninja while DarkAura64 does not. Plus, this DarkAura lives in Canada while DarkAura64 lives in Colorado. This is also his profile, I believe:

http://smashboards.com/members/darkaura-greninja.362545/

Here's a random clip I found of the same guy from a few months ago:

Aye, what Yellow said. Greninja is probably one of my least played characters actually. :V

I've also been trying to go under the tag "Fenrir" lately and will probably be changing my username here accordingly in the near future.

Appriciate the curiosity though~

Burruni

Smash Hero

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the first part of Alain vs Ash aired.

Noivern confirmed worthless jobber.
Noivern isn't worthless at all. It defeated Sawyer's Salamence last round. That's at least something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Reminds me of the Nicktoons Unite games. Makes me wish THQ hadn't died so we could get another game...
Those were my favorite when younger. They were pretty fun and cool concepts. I liked them a lot.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the Pokémon news officially came out, eh? Was it because it's the 12th in Japan or did the leaks pressure them?

Anywho, luv dat Skull theme! Sun & Moon is just getting better & better!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/new-mechanics-and-details-for-sun-moon.134451/

A rumor to potentially consider

and the Evil team takes over the Attack on Titan Town:

This is where the blockade is and where we see their leader in the japanese trailer. Guzma is in the big building at the back of the town.
I think this rumor is good

The riddler leak had a picture of rock paper scissors

One of the pokemon for Rock paper scissors is Pyukumuku (However the hell you spell it) He's rock

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I really think that rumor is legit

It makes sense. It says the Rockruff and the starters have a secret

Rockruff having a different evo depending on the starter you pick makes more sense than all of them having multiple forms

I really think that rumor is the key

Chrono.

Noivern isn't worthless at all. It defeated Sawyer's Salamence last round. That's at least something.
I wasn't being serious. Just taking a jab at it being one of the few of Ash's Pokemon to not take down one of Alain's team.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I really think that rumor is legit

It makes sense. It says the Rockruff and the starters have a secret

Rockruff having a different evo depending on the starter you pick makes more sense than all of them having multiple forms

I really think that rumor is the key
Did you miss the part where it literally says Hala is an E4 member?
Also, the leaker apparently had this info since way before the legendaries and starters were revealed which he got "right", yet he only posted it recently

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did you miss the part where it literally says Hala is an E4 member?
Also, the leaker apparently had this info since way before the legendaries and starters were revealed which he got "right", yet he only posted it recently
One of the Chinese rumors said an Elite 4 appears at the end of the game

Chrono.

Hala being an E4 member is off since from the looks of it the Captains replaced Gym Leaders while the Kahunas ARE technically the E4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think you'll probably have to re fight them at the end of the game with even more powerful pokemon

Chrono.

"--The mascot legendary will be a lion and a bat."
"--Full Metal Body and Shadow Shield are not just Clear Body and Multiscale."
This is also rather weird.

Did he not know the names of the legendaries but has proper info on their abilities?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Even ignoring the leak itself, the idea of Rockruff's evolution depending on the starter choice doesn't sound :083: at all. The starters and Rockruff are the ones with the secret after all.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also think the Island Guardian pokemon combining isn't crazy either. They do look like totems

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
Depending on how Rockruff evolves, specifically in typing...
I may drop it from my moon team.
Also I really need a good fighting type for that team...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Rockruff evolves depending on the starter, I may pick my starter specifically to get the best Rockruff

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>Hala will be one of E4
Welp, this rumor had a good run
To be fair, the guardians could become the Elite 4 or there may be an E4 on the Manmade island. We don't know the full details, but that is worth taking note of.
So the Pokémon news officially came out, eh? Was it because it's the 12th in Japan or did the leaks pressure them?

Anywho, luv dat Skull theme! Sun & Moon is just getting better & better!
Was suppose to be out tonight, but like the drampa batch, they released it earlier due to leaks.

I think this rumor is good

The riddler leak had a picture of rock paper scissors

One of the pokemon for Rock paper scissors is Pyukumuku (However the hell you spell it) He's rock
I actually found this based on the riddle leak. It could certainly hold some truth. And pyukumuku definitely fits the rock theme.

"--The mascot legendary will be a lion and a bat."
"--Full Metal Body and Shadow Shield are not just Clear Body and Multiscale."
This is also rather weird.

Did he not know the names of the legendaries but has proper info on their abilities?
Might have gone off the trademarks and told the guy they were real like everyone thought, thus the legends names didn't need to be mentioned. But this could be another sign of it potentially being fake.

But thinking about it, how would Rockruff work? Let's say I trade mine, how is it determined by what it becomes? Sounds complicated if true.

Chrono.

Okay let's look back at the big 4 rumors:

- First rumor, more of a leak, shows the final stages of the starters. Legitimized by Mallow appearing on the concept art. Doesn't show any hints to the starters having alternate forms or split evolutions of any sort

- Second rumor, aka The Chinese Leak, just says the starters are "an archer, a wrestler and a siren" and nothing else. No hints at alternate forms or evolutions. Also says Rockruff evolves into a werewolf and nothing else. Thanks to other info ending up true, this remains one of the more legit rumors going on right now.

- Third rumor is the weirdest one, it mentions Rockruff evolving by leaving it in one of four cliffs after it learns Howl, also says the starters have an alternate form based on whether it evolves during the day or night. Rest of the rumor is pretty vague, mentions Alolan Pokemon and how they're different in appearance (explicitly points out Rapidash, Pidove and Dodrio) but doesn't mention changes in typing or moveset.

- Fourth rumor, and also probably the most legit one so far, mentions Rockruff having more than 1 evo, but nothing on the starters oddly enough. Has a small list of Alolan Pokemon, but so far only one in that list was confirmed (Ninetails, which they got half it's typing wrong). Other misc. info has been right.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If this evolution method is true Rockruff may be like the monkeys for this gen....

Except, y'know better...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So wait, would it depend on which starter you've chosen at the beginning of the game or just whichever one you have in your team?

As in, could you hypothetically still alter its evolution if you use one of the other two starters obtained through a trade or something?

Last edited:

Chrono.

If this evolution method is true Rockruff may be like the monkeys for this gen....

Except, y'know better...
I'm not a fan if only because you'd be locked to one evolution (unless you trade).

Basically if you don't like the form you ended up with, you're boned.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Interesting take on Rockruff. Sort of how the rivals handle their teams depending on which starter you choose, like when Blue has Charizard, he won't have Arcanine or when he has Blastoise, he doesn't have Gyarados and etc.

If Rockruff does evolve into something different depending on starter, wouldn't it be hilarious and awesome if Rockruff got a form complementing the starter's final evolution? Like if Rowlet does have a final evolution based on Robin Hood, then Rockruff would evolve into a Pokemon with references to Little John.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One of the Chinese rumors said an Elite 4 appears at the end of the game
I mean, the E4 always appear at the end of the gams
Hala being an E4 member is off since from the looks of it the Captains replaced Gym Leaders while the Kahunas ARE technically the E4.
I say it's too early to rule out an E4, we still gotta have a final boss and I'm betting he/she will come with something similar
I'm not a fan if only because you'd be locked to one evolution (unless you trade).

Basically if you don't like the form you ended up with, you're boned.
I'd assume in this case, you'd just get the item to evolve Rockruff based on your starter early and you can get the other two later
Kinda like how you got an elemental monkey early in BW but could capture them later

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I say it's too early to rule out an E4, we still gotta have a final boss and I'm betting he/she will come with something similar

I'd assume in this case, you'd just get the item to evolve Rockruff based on your starter early and you can get the other two later
Kinda like how you got an elemental monkey early in BW but could capture them later
Unfortunately for me, unlike the elemental monkeys, I actually like Rockruff.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd assume in this case, you'd just get the item to evolve Rockruff based on your starter early and you can get te other two later
Him being item based actually makes sense. That's a pretty good way to do it. Won't be long till we find out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom