• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
now heres something im intrested in in the decription of team skulls grunts it says "they have to buy their own uniforms"

so im wondering if unlike team flare we will be able to buy a skull grunt outfit
I wonder, could buying their outfit be required at one point? Maybe we need to get past one of their blockades by posing as them? It could be like in Gold/Silver/ Heart Gold and Soulsilver but with an extended purpose.

And that Team Skull Theme!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Team Skull looks pretty tame compared to past teams.

They're probably on Team Rocket level from the looks of it. In it for the crime, not megalomaniac, psychopathic, world-ending goals.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I wonder, could buying their outfit be required at one point? Maybe we need to get past one of their blockades by posing as them? It could be like in Gold/Silver/ Heart Gold and Soulsilver but with an extended purpose.

And that Team Skull Theme!
That was only in the remakes, not the original Gold and Silver.

----

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wishiwashi's school form is interesting

He automatically turns to it in battle after he reaches a certain level

So, it's LIKE an evolution

But, it can be disabled

D

Deleted member

Just watched both versions of the trailer:
-Wishiwashi looks cool, too bad it reverts back once it takes damage. Wonder why there is a level requirement and what it is. Also, lol at "Get schooled by Wishiwashi"
-Dunno the name of the sea cucumber but his stand 「G U T S」 looks pretty cool. Innards out is just another renamed ability though, unfortunately.
-Alola!Meowth looks pretty gay and I love it, I hope they make Alola!Persian even gayer
-Alola!Marowak is there. It looks pretty cool.
-Alola!Raichu is gonna get banned by Smogon within 5 minutes of release because Rain+Thunder+Electric Terrain+Surge Surfer is op pls nerf. Looks pretty cute too
-Team Skull is looking cool. Golbat and Ariados are confirmed for Plumeria and Guzma, respectively. I'm liking Guzma so far, let's see if he can top N. Spoiler: he can't

Final verdict: no sandcastle pokemon 0/10 ban alola raichu

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-Wishiwashi looks cool, too bad it reverts back once it takes damage. Wonder why there is a level requirement and what it is. Also, lol at "Get schooled by Wishiwashi"
-Dunno the name of the sea cucumber but his stand 「G U T S」 looks pretty cool. Innards out is just another renamed ability though, unfortunately.
-Alola!Meowth looks pretty gay and I love it, I hope they make Alola!Persian even gayer
-Alola!Raichu is gonna get banned by Smogon within 5 minutes of release because Rain+Thunder+Electric Terrain+Surge Surfer is op pls nerf. Looks pretty cute too
-Team Skull is looking cool. Golbat and Ariados are confirmed for Plumeria and Guzma, respectively. I'm liking Guzma so far, let's see if he can top N. Spoiler: he can't

The other pokemon were labeled corocoro exclusive, so sadly no castle gameplay till release it seems.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Oh, once it takes any damage it reverts back?

That's kind of dumb

It's only useful for one turn

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What do you think the sandcastle will be named in English?

Sandscare? Ramparterror?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Unlike Aftermath, Innards Out deals the same damage he had before fainting...If he was at full health he deals that much damage, if he had 1 HP he only deals 1 HP...it's also unaffected by Damp (most likely, Aftermath is affected by Damp)...

Chrono.

I'm really liking Team Skull and how offbeat they are.

Their more grounded goal makes me wonder if they don't even go after the box legendaries.

Actually, the legends could be linked to the Island Challenge in some way. Pretty interested to see how things turn out.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm really liking Team Skull and how offbeat they are.

Their more grounded goal makes me wonder if they don't even go after the box legendaries.

Actually, the legends could be linked to the Island Challenge in some way. Pretty interested to see how things turn out.
That'd be surprising. The bad team seeking the legends has been a theme since Ruby and Sapphire.

What if the team didn't get involved with legends like the first two gens, but the legends still managed to be a part of the story and had a mandatory fight anyway?

----

Chrono.

That'd be surprising. The bad team seeking the legends has been a theme since Ruby and Sapphire.

What if the team didn't get involved with legends like the first two gens, but the legends still managed to be a part of the story and had a mandatory fight anyway?

----
That's what I was thinking, which is why I think they might linked to the Island Challenge instead.

D

Deleted member

Unlike Aftermath, Innards Out deals the same damage he had before fainting...If he was at full health he deals that much damage, if he had 1 HP he only deals 1 HP...it's also unaffected by Damp (most likely, Aftermath is affected by Damp)...
WHAT? This has the potential to be very dangerous
False Swipe is gonna be a Nuzlocker's life saver then
And I'm gonna get one just to have it suicide bomb into the enemy

D

Deleted member

If it turns out that Vikavolt actually sucks, I'm going to use Raichu instead.
I initially didn't like its design (the eyes were the only part that bothered me) but it grew on me
I also really like its typing

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
WHAT? This has the potential to be very dangerous
False Swipe is gonna be a Nuzlocker's life saver then
And I'm gonna get one just to have it suicide bomb into the enemy
Yeah it seems pretty dangerous...in the Japanese trailer looked like it has Pain Split as well which would be a deadly combination with this ability...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Due to their appearance and their lifestyle, Pyukumuku are considered unappealing to tourists. Part-time work chucking Pyukumuku back into the sea is available at tourist beaches. But no matter how far they’re thrown, Pyukumuku will always return to the same spot.Once a Pyukumuku finds a place it likes, it won’t budge from it. If someone moves it away, back it comes to the same spot. If it runs out of food to eat in that spot, it’ll stay there—and starve. The people of Alola found this so pitiful that they developed a tradition of chucking Pyukumuku back into the food-rich sea whenever they come across any thin-bellied Pyukumuku.Pyukumuku are covered with a slippery, viscous fluid that has a moisturizing effect. Pyukumuku can stay on land for a week without drying out. The people of Alola use this fluid for skincare products. Pyukumuku hate to have their spikes and mouths touched, and if you step on one, it will hurl out its fist-like inner organs to strike at you."
Site description for cinnamon roll. Alolan tourists have no ****ing clue what they're on about, not loving Pyukumuku means you lack a soul

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Raichu in Alola have two types—Electric and Psychic—and they are able to wield psychic power. What’s more, they can gather their psychic power in their tails and then ride on them to float in the air!Even Pokémon researchers don’t know why Raichu’s form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!Raichu has electric sacs on its cheeks, and rubbing them causes a sweet aroma to be released. The mechanism behind this is not clear, but it’s thought to be connected to the psychic power that Alolan Raichu possess.

Honestly, I love this thing. It just looks so happy to exist. Also, pancakes give you psychic powers? BRB gonna beg for pancakes

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So WaveRace 64 dropped on the NA Virtual Console

Is the game any good? I recall playing the game at a McDonalds like 13-16 years ago so my memory of the game is piss poor.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Raichu in Alola have two types—Electric and Psychic—and they are able to wield psychic power. What’s more, they can gather their psychic power in their tails and then ride on them to float in the air!Even Pokémon researchers don’t know why Raichu’s form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!Raichu has electric sacs on its cheeks, and rubbing them causes a sweet aroma to be released. The mechanism behind this is not clear, but it’s thought to be connected to the psychic power that Alolan Raichu possess.

Honestly, I love this thing. It just looks so happy to exist. Also, pancakes give you psychic powers? BRB gonna beg for pancakes
If sweet and fluffy round pancakes are the source of psychic powers then I need more Pancakes!!!!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

These pancakes must be Raichu shaped that the Raichu of Alola eat in order to garner these Psychic powers. But the question remains; were these pancakes specifically made from Raichu of 20 years ago to transform into this form? Or did a Psychic Pokemon bless these pancakes with constant attacks of Psychic energy? :4mewtwo: confirmed?

Last edited:

Raichu changed because of pancakes.

PANCAKES

WHY IS ALOLA RAICHU THE BEST?!?!
:061:

Chrono.

So WaveRace 64 dropped on the NA Virtual Console

Is the game any good? I recall playing the game at a McDonalds like 13-16 years ago so my memory of the game is piss poor.
It's okay, Wave Race Blue Storm was a little better.

But as far as N64 racers go... It also falls kinda flat.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The Sonic Anniversary Party hint was pancakes.

DEEPEST LORE.

SEGA and Game Freak are pretty tight, after all. :troll:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Well there's the nickname decided.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
"Meowth is a Pokémon that did not originally live in the Alola region. They were sent to the royal line as an offering from another region, and only a select few could have them as partners.

The Meowth in Alola are distinct for their cunning and their great pride. Two things they really hate—a wound to their pride and dirt on their coins. If either one happens, they fly into hysterics!

It’s said that the Meowth that were offered to the royal family lived a life of luxury and pampering, which led them to have a selfish and prideful attitude. This caused Meowth’s form to change.

The once-rare Alolan Meowth became feral when the monarchy was destroyed, and they have now become regular Pokémon, seen as commonly in the Alola region as elsewhere."

Alolan Meowth confirmed to be Kanto Meowth that lost their luxury/monarchy, which led them going berserk, thus going to the Dark side? Wonder what that means for Alolan Persian...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love how the site has all this information and backstory for the Pokemons, it achieves so much more than the Pokedex ever could and makes Alola feel more like an actual place

Last edited by a moderator:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
So, the Japanese trailer confirms that one member of Team Skull uses a Drowzee, which likely means a few others will use Hypno. That gave me the excuse to do this.

This was the first time I drew Hypno, and I think it actually came out rather well.

:097:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's okay, Wave Race Blue Storm was a little better.

But as far as N64 racers go... It also falls kinda flat.
Just watched a gameplay video of the game and it looks pretty neat. Might look in to buying it one day.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So Raichu ate some arbitrary magic pancakes and gained psychic surfing powers...Meowth was bred by some royal family we know nothing about and became a smug evil kitty...

I feel like almost any Pokemon can get an Alolan form just for the **** of it....as opposed to just adapting to the environment like we thought initially...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
ban alola raichu
That sorta depends. I mean, how easy would it be to get both Electric Terrain and Rain up? Politoad has Drizzle, but only Magneton/Magnezone, Luxray, Manetric, Electivire, Ampharos and Heliolisk can use Electric Terrain so far. Unless Raichu can learn it now, You would need to have 2 Electric spots to be able to use Electric Terrain. I mean, Alolan Raichu has Thunder, Psychic, Nasty Plot and Focus Blast and may have the potential to learn Surf normally now, but even then, is it enough to offset the potential difficulty of getting both Rain and Electric Terrain up and 4-slot syndrome?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So Raichu ate some arbitrary magic pancakes and gained psychic surfing powers...Meowth was bred by some royal family we know nothing about and became a smug evil kitty...

I feel like almost any Pokemon can get an Alolan form just for the **** of it....as opposed to just adapting to the environment like we thought initially...
To be fair, Hawaii did have royal families at one point, and cat breeding making new breeds off of mutations does happen.

Raichu is kind of a flat-out handwave excuse to get it to surf on it's own tail, but in a real-life context Meowth does kind of make sense in every aspect except corruption being the cause. Just because it's not flat-out evolution doesn't mean alternate varieties can't generate, that's basically what cat and dog breeding IS.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What, pancakes DON'T give psychic powers?

I have done nothing but eat pancakes all week.

Birthright Chpter 23 has to be the least enjoyable chapter of FE I have ever played. Filled to the brim with high damage units with high mobility and every single turn at least one of my units (likely more) will lose 10 HP while having to deal with cramped areas. ****ing STAHP
:061:

D

Deleted member

That sorta depends. I mean, how easy would it be to get both Electric Terrain and Rain up? Politoad has Drizzle, but only Magneton/Magnezone, Luxray, Manetric, Electivire, Ampharos and Heliolisk can use Electric Terrain so far. Unless Raichu can learn it now, You would need to have 2 Electric spots to be able to use Electric Terrain. I mean, Alolan Raichu has Thunder, Psychic, Nasty Plot and Focus Blast and may have the potential to learn Surf normally now, but even then, is it enough to offset the potential difficulty of getting both Rain and Electric Terrain up and 4-slot syndrome?
Being able to spam a 100% accuracy 120 base power STAB move that also gets boosted by the terrain with double of your speed is nothing to overlook
Also, Tapu Koko has an ability that summons Electric Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom