• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, favourite mons per generation
Gen 1: Gengar, Sandslash, Cloyster
Gen 2: Heracross, Crobat, Umbreon
Gen 3: Aggron, Sableye, Zangoose
Gen 4: Roserade, Staraptor, Darkrai
Gen 5: Hydreigon, Galvantula, Reuniclus
Gen 6: Greninja, Klefki, Goodra
Gen 7: Vikavolt, Pyukumuku, Minior

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Cubone staying pure ground type is weird to me.

I believe this will be the first time not even one of a Pokemon's typings transfers over to it's evolution (not counting Eevee of course)

Oh, except for Azurill before it got it's Fairy typing I guess. Why did they make it a pure normal type again?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think there might be an hidden value for the Alola Forms in the case of Marowak, Raichu and Exeggutor.

Perhaps for breeding, it will depend on the mother's case (or Ditto's partner). I think it might be that if a baby Cubone is born from a female Alola form Marowak or a female Cubone originating from Alola, the baby will evolve into an Alola Form Marowak.

I mean, a female Alola Form Vulpix will likely ensure an Alola Form Vulpix coming from the egg, which is why I think the likes of Pichu, Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone will have some kind of trigger for their evolutions' new forms that is passed down to an egg.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Its also good to see, that Gamefreak is not going overboard with Mega's this gen, because they where sort of a basebreaker in Gen 6.

I do think we will get a few in the Postgame like Mega Butterfree, Mega Milotic,Mega Dragonite and a Starter Trio(Johto most likely) because their counterparts got one in Gen 6

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ground Cubone to Fire/Ghost really bugs me...

Like, I'd take a simple colour swap with the model staying the same.

D

Deleted member

Alolan forms are technically nothing new, ingame they're just like any other Pokemon with different forms
Alolan forms that differ in evolution probably have different evolution methods while ones that already change in the base form have both forms avaible to catch
Breeding is not an issue, it's always the base form of the fenale Pokemon

Anyways
Gen 1: Beedril, Scyther, Arcanine
Gen 2: Feraligatr, Azumarill, Ampharos
Gen 3: Mightyena, Camerupt, Absol
Gen 4: Luxray, ...Lucario, I guess, something probably
Gen 5: Galvantula, Hydreigon, Stoutland
Gen 6: Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I beat Sin and Punishment.

It is very hard and very weird.

Fun though.

Seriously, what the **** is happening in that plot?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so heres an important thing to think about

if you hatch a cuebone in alola it will technicaly be alolan native so will that allow it to evove into alolan marowak even if the egg was layed in say kalos?

D

Deleted member

My Top 3 for each generation:
Gen 1: :003::094::059:
Gen 2: :169::181::248:
Gen 3: Latios, Gardevoir, Salamence
Gen 4: Luxray, :4lucario:, Roserade (Staraptor as a honorable mention)
Gen 5: Chandelure, Excadrill, Galvantula
Gen 6: :4greninja:, Tyrantrum, Aegislash

Didn't mention my gen 7 favorites since it's too early to judge imo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if Marowak has Lightening Rod it has three immunities and seven resistances. (one being quad resist)

Five Weaknesses is a bummer but no quads at least.

Between this and Sandlessshrew, wonder if this is Game Freak admitting that Pure Ground is a dull type.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
so heres an important thing to think about

if you hatch a cuebone in alola it will technicaly be alolan native so will that allow it to evove into alolan marowak even if the egg was layed in say kalos?
I think one of the parents has to be from Alola for the baby to be Alolan.

That's how it works IRL anyway, and it makes sense for Pokemon to do that as well.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I think one of the parents has to be from Alola for the baby to be Alolan.

That's how it works IRL anyway, and it makes sense for Pokemon to do that as well.
im thinking it will work of the plus/pentagon symbol so if its born in alola it can become alolan form
have to remember that while thats how it orks in the real world up untill now evolution did not match its real world counterpart and still does not

D

Deleted member

Should join as well:

Gen 1: :009::051::143:
Gen 2: :196::214::241:
Gen 3: Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei --erm, Swampert, Gardevoir, Breloom
Gen 4: Roserade, Mismagius, Mamoswine
Gen 5: Krookodile, Chandelure, Haxorus
Gen 6: :4greninja:, Aegislash, Tyrantrum

As a variety-maniac, I made each of my Top 3 not having more than 1 Poké' of the same type.
I've also quoted the ones I used in my games, thus no Pokémon from Alola.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hang on, if Alola Raichu is the first Electric/Psychic (bar Pokestar foes), then how many unused combos are left?

Last edited:
Hang on, if Alola Raichu is the first Electric/Psychic (bar Pokestar foes), then how many unused combos are left?
31:
  1. Grass/Fire
  2. Fire/Ice
  3. Fire/Fairy
  4. Electric/Dark
  5. Electric/Rock
  6. Electric/Fighting
  7. Electric/Poison
  8. Bug/Ice
  9. Bug/Dark
  10. Bug/Normal
  11. Bug/Psychic
  12. Bug/Dragon
  13. Ice/Normal
  14. Ice/Poison
  15. Ice/Fighting
  16. Psychic/Poison
  17. Ghost/Normal
  18. Ghost/Rock
  19. Ghost/Fighting
  20. Poison/Fairy
  21. Poison/Steel
  22. Poison/Normal
  23. Poison/Rock
  24. Rock/Normal
  25. Ground/Fighting
  26. Ground/Fairy
  27. Fighting/Dragon
  28. Fighting/Fairy
  29. Normal/Dark
  30. Normal/Steel
  31. Dark/Fairy

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
31:
  1. Grass/Fire
  2. Fire/Ice
  3. Fire/Fairy
  4. Electric/Dark
  5. Electric/Rock
  6. Electric/Fighting
  7. Electric/Poison
  8. Bug/Ice
  9. Bug/Dark
  10. Bug/Normal
  11. Bug/Psychic
  12. Bug/Dragon
  13. Ice/Normal
  14. Ice/Poison
  15. Ice/Fighting
  16. Psychic/Poison
  17. Ghost/Normal
  18. Ghost/Rock
  19. Ghost/Fighting
  20. Poison/Fairy
  21. Poison/Steel
  22. Poison/Normal
  23. Poison/Rock
  24. Rock/Normal
  25. Ground/Fighting
  26. Ground/Fairy
  27. Fighting/Dragon
  28. Fighting/Fairy
  29. Normal/Dark
  30. Normal/Steel
  31. Dark/Fairy
Some seem odd in their absence like Ground/Fighting or Ground Fairy, but most are types that are fairly contradictory. Still it could work. A Steel/Poison Mercury blob or a Fire/Ice Cold Fission metaphor or a Navi got sick of the Hey listen jokes and is out for revenge Dark/Fairy.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When 4chan randos leak your trailer:
The Team Skull theme is L I T
Yo, I'm liking Team Skull the more I see them...and their theme is just rad!

Wishiwashi reverting back to it's Solo form after taking damage just makes so much sense if you really think about it...It's probably going to be like a defensive version of Defeatist...

Cubone not getting an Alolan form is a bit strange to me, but perhaps that's part of it's adaptation...Wasn't expecting Pikachu to get an Alolan form anyways...

tbh I'm thinking there's a possibility that there isn't an Alolan Persian...but I hope there is because of the potential of a Dark type Persian!:053:

Some seem odd in their absence like Ground/Fighting or Ground Fairy, but most are types that are fairly contradictory. Still it could work. A Steel/Poison Mercury blob or a Fire/Ice Cold Fission metaphor or a Navi got sick of the Hey listen jokes and is out for revenge Dark/Fairy.
Indeed. In addition of the two you mentioned, lack of Electric/Dark, Electric/Fighting, Bug/Psychic and Dragon/Fighting surprises me. Probably because there are already Pokemon that could've used those types (Luxray, Electivire, Butterfree and Druddigon).

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Top 3 Pokemon of every generation, eh?

Gen 1: Gengar (very surprising amirite?), Blastoise, Dragonite (Honorable Mention: Mewtwo)
Gen 2: Heracross, Houndoom, Crobat (Honorable Mention: Feraligatr)
Gen 3: Gardevoir, Blaziken, Groudon (Honorable Mention: Breloom)
Gen 4: Mamoswine, Dusknoir, Lucario (Honorable Mention: Magnezone)
Gen 5: Zoroark, Zekrom, Krookadile (Honorable Mention: Meloetta)
Gen 6: Aegislash, Greninja, Hawlucha (Honorable Mention: Tyrantrum)

:094:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay so heres what i think we should infer as rules for alolan pokemon going forward

1 if a base form is revealed but no evolutions assume its evolutions will get an alolan form
2 if a fully evolved pokemon is revealed with out its pre evolutions the pre evolutions do not have alolan forms
3 a alolan form pokemons type can either be slightly or fully changed but never unchanged
4 alolan forms will have at least 1 different type from their normal counter part

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
okay so heres what i think we should infer as rules for alolan pokemon going forward

1 if a base form is revealed but no evolutions assume its evolutions will get an alolan form
2 if a fully evolved pokemon is revealed with out its pre evolutions the pre evolutions do not have alolan forms
3 a alolan form pokemons type can either be slightly or fully changed but never unchanged
4 alolan forms will have at least 1 different type from their normal counter part
I'd amend 2 to, "likely" does not. After all some evolutions are much more prominent in advertising than the prevos.

And add 5, abilities dont' nessessarily change but will do in case of being linked to type. As cool as an ice type with Flash Fire would have been...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Have we not learned from past mistakes when we try to infer rules onto things?
At the very least for number 1, the only base forms that have alola forma along with their evolved counterparts have been revealed along side them...At least until Alola Persian gets revealed let's not assume it will get an alolan form...because if it won't that's what makes people disappointed...
Number 2 should also be taken with discretion...Personally I feel like any full evolutionary line Alola forms will be revealed along side each other...regardless if they are fully evolved or pre-evolutions...

3/4 is kind of a given because that's pretty much the point of Alola forms so far...I feel like they will always be more than just recolours/redesigns...

----

English trailer has been uploaded btw...
Dat Team Skull Theme Dough!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Have we not learned from past mistakes when we try to infer rules onto things?
At the very least for number 1, the only base forms that have alola forma along with their evolved counterparts have been revealed along side them...At least until Alola Persian gets revealed let's not assume it will get an alolan form...because if it won't that's what makes people disappointed...
Number 2 should also be taken with discretion...Personally I feel like any full evolutionary line Alola forms will be revealed along side each other...regardless if they are fully evolved or pre-evolutions...

3/4 is kind of a given because that's pretty much the point of Alola forms so far...I feel like they will always be more than just recolours/redesigns...

----

English trailer has been uploaded btw...
Dat Team Skull Theme Dough!!!
Confirms that the Evil Team has gone back to a more grounded threat, being rejects of society that are lashing back rather than X&Y's who were somehow genocidal lunatics and boring at the same time.

Interesting to see the boss has some history with the professor this time.

Confirms that the Evil Team has gone back to a more grounded threat, being rejects of society that are lashing back rather than X&Y's who were somehow genocidal lunatics and boring at the same time.

Interesting to see the boss has some history with the professor this time.
Great, I'm tired of the villanous teams always being obsessed with some legend and wanting to use it to destroy/conquer the region.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Great, I'm tired of the villanous teams always being obsessed with some legend and wanting to use it to destroy/conquer the region.
I still have a feeling they'll mess with the legendary but as more of a screw with your ceremony type thing than a big plot to bring an end to ice cream or something.

Last edited:
I still have a feeling they'll mess with the legendary but as more of a screw with your ceremony type thing than a big plot to bring an end to ice cream or somethign.
Yeah, that's definitely a possibility. But still, at least this team doesn't look like it has an extreme goal, unlike the five previous villanous teams.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure they'll still use the Legendary to take over the region, they only differ in reasons from other teams
Still, I'm liking Team Skull so far and I'll take them over Team Gaga and Team "Let's destroy the world so it can stay beautiful" any day

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
now heres something im intrested in in the decription of team skulls grunts it says "they have to buy their own uniforms"

so im wondering if unlike team flare we will be able to buy a skull grunt outfit

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They also remind me of...

and of course

Lalum's dodge rate through the entire game: 95%
Death Rate: 0%

Ninian's Dodgerate: 0%
Death Rate: 0%
Well except that one time Eliwood killed her lol

Azura's dodge rate: 0%
Death Rate: higher than it should be
-_-

:061:

now heres something im intrested in in the decription of team skulls grunts it says "they have to buy their own uniforms"

so im wondering if unlike team flare we will be able to buy a skull grunt outfit
That actually gave me an idea...

Wouldn't it be interesting if we could start as a villanous team member in a Pokemon game? You would receive the starter Pokemon from them, they would give you missions and you would work together with them. Later in the game, you would start doubting their motives and eventually turn against them.

(I know, the idea of having an option to join the villanous team has been suggested before, but I doubt Nintendo and Game Freak would bother making two very different plots in the same game, nor would they allow the player to destroy/conquer the region)

I personally like this idea, but now when I think about it, it might be too similar to Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days' plot...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Both still unfinished, but postan progress:

Should be done this weekend.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know what, this should have been Team Skull's theme. They should have gone with this if they wanted the powah.

D

Deleted member

I don't know about you, but I would love to see the next Smash having some new orchestral tracks again like Melee's and the one I inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom