• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That moment when you realize your high school friends aren't worth it anymore...

T.T

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
All these people crying saying '**** Nintendo!' after MetroidDatabase got a DMCA to stop hosting AM2R on their site are making me think...

If Nintendo wanted to take down the game in its entirety, wouldn't they issue a C&D rather than a DMCA notice? Are are they basically the same thing, just interchangeable terms?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All these people crying saying '**** Nintendo!' after MetroidDatabase got a DMCA to stop hosting AM2R on their site are making me think...

If Nintendo wanted to take down the game in its entirety, wouldn't they issue a C&D rather than a DMCA notice? Are are they basically the same thing, just interchangeable terms?
I don't think so. I know the DMCA is MUCH easier to abuse and is almost single handedly crippling Youtube (along with unskippable ads and drama channels)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do we have a date on when Darkrai comes to Pokken?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This came up as a "suggested memory" thing on Facebook, from four years ago. It was from the iPhone version of Sonic 4: Episode II.

I can't remember how this happened, but I wish I could.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

ChikoLad ChikoLad

I think you'll like this.
Very cool, I especially liked the Sonic Rush Adventure shoutout with the credits theme from that game.

However, he opened with Prison Lane, which reminded me of the Jam with Jun at Summer of Sonic. Prison Lane was the second song Jun played there.

These fan compilations will never be the same anymore, because nothing compares to hearing the original composer play the song live! :laugh:

Last edited:
I've been listening to some openings and endings, and hearing the Japanese and English Yu-Gi-Oh GX opening(s) and ending(s) bring back so many memories ;_;

I also remembered I had the weirdest crush on Blair for the longest time as well smh lol.
I also listened Digimon Adventure and Zero Two's openings and endings (Japanese ones, the English Digimon theme is garbage, even my language's awful dub is better) few days ago, purely for nostalgia. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who does that.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I also listened Digimon Adventure and Zero Two's openings and endings (Japanese ones, the English Digimon theme is garbage, even my language's awful dub is better) few days ago, purely for nostalgia. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who does that.
CHHHHHHAAAAAANGE into digital champions to save the digital-WORLD
dont make me break out the digirap because ill do it

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There is a Pokemon called Delfin in that leak.

Dolphin in Spanish is Delfín XD
10/10 Most original name. xD It only needed to add a "mon" in the end to reach Digimon's levels of ridiculousness when it came to names. -u- Si recuerdas, no? El nombre podía ser una palabra normal como "Gato" y luego le agregaban el "mon".

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
10/10 Most original name. xD It only needed to add a "mon" in the end to reach Digimon's levels of ridiculousness when it came to names. -u- Si recuerdas, no? El nombre podía ser una palabra normal como "Gato" y luego le agregaban el "mon".
and now japanese gen 1 pokemon names that are just english words
"CRAB", "SPEAR","PIDGEON", "SAND", "COIL", "DODO", "GHOST", "SLEEPER", "LUCKY", "STRIKE", "SHOWERS", "BOOSTER", "FREEZER", "THUNDER", "FIRE"

AndreaAC

"CRAB", "SPEAR","PIDGEON", "SAND", "COIL", "DODO", "GHOST", "SLEEPER", "LUCKY", "STRIKE", "SHOWERS", "BOOSTER", "FREEZER", "THUNDER", "FIRE"
Oh, you are right. But at least the english names didn't went that way, I remember some of them being the Eeveelutions, but I don't remember which ones are the rest.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Oh, you are right. But at least the english names didn't went that way, I remember some of them being the Eeveelutions, but I don't remember which ones are the rest.
it gets worse when you realize some of the japanese names for stage 1 pokemon were just the stage 2 names with a letter missing like "GHOS" SLEEPE" and "ARBO" for instance

Let's see... Krabby, Beedrill, Pidgey or one of it's evos, Sandshrew, Magnemite, Doduo, Gengar, Hypno, ?, ?, ?, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres.

How many did I get right?

AndreaAC

it gets worse when you realize some of the japanese names for stage 1 pokemon were just the stage 2 names with a letter missing like "GHOS" SLEEPE" and "ARBO" for instance
Wow. That's...worse than what I thought.

Let's see... Krabby, Beedrill, Pidgey or one of it's evos, Sandshrew, Magnemite, Doduo, Gengar, Hypno, ?, ?, ?, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres.

I don't know if i'm mistaking but I think Showers is Vaporeon, Booster is Flareon and Strike is Jolteon...?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

:098:,:015:,:017:,:027:,:081:,:084:,:093:,:097:,:113:,:123:,:134:,:136:,:144:,:145:,:146:
in that order

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
upload_2016-8-8_15-39-44.gif
I did a little post about my play time with Sonic Mania at Summer of Sonic, on Sonic Stadium. I will just leave it here in case anyone is interested.

I also attended SoS and played Sonic Mania. Here's a picture I took as I was approaching the front of the queue (IIRC you were allowed to take picture from within the queue or outside of it, you just couldn't take up close pictures while playing or have a video filmed since that takes time and there was over 1,000 eager Sonic fans there to play it).

I only got to play Studiopolis Zone, and I honestly can't say much beyond what was said before. The visuals are amazing, the music is jammin', the level design was superb, and the controls were sublime!

As soon as the level booted up, I immediately tried the Drop Dash. It does work both from a jump, or after you've launched off something in ball form without jumping, IIRC. Basically, as long you are in ball form and have no elemental shields, you can use it. One thing I really like about it is that you can jump into a half-pipe, do the Drop Dash into the middle of it, and then keep holding down to watch Sonic slowly build up momentum. It's a small thing, but it's fun. Holding down the jump button in the air to rev it up feels satisfying and intuitive.

I really like how Studiopolis Zone is laid out. It's a huge level, that you could easily spend over 10 minutes exploring. Very like a Sonic CD level in a way. However, you are always given an easy way to push forward if you want to just head for the goal, whether it be some sort of platform, spring, or some kind of slope (this is why I compare it to Sonic CD more than S3&K, as S3&K didn't always make it easy or fluid for Sonic to get around to higher places, that was more for Tails and Knuckles). I sort of did a mix of both. I mostly explored and took my time, but when I got into a good rhythm, I would speed ahead, and the game was fun and satisfying in both ways. The level wasn't super tough or anything, but there were enough enemies and obstacles to make it so that it wasn't just "hold right to win" or anything, and you did have to pay attention. I completed it in 3-4 minutes, IIRC. Overall, the game definitely just feels just like the Classics, but with a few little details that are improved that make it even more fun to play. As long as most of the levels remain fun and engaging then yeah, this has easy potential to be the definitive Classic Sonic experience.

Also, a small thing I really like - does anyone else have a tendency to bop Sonic about by rapidly pressing up and/or down on the D-pad when they are waiting on moving platforms, or do it to the beat of the song? Well, I tend to do that a lot in Classic Sonic games, so I ended up doing it here when waiting on platforms. And the improved animation makes it so much more fun to do! If you press up to the beat of the song in this game, the improved animation actually legitimately makes it look like Sonic is bopping his head, almost as if the animators were aware of this habit some people have and animated the first few frames of Sonic's "look up" animation to look like a head bop when played back and forth. It had me laughing as I was playing, that's such a cool detail!

And finally, here is a photo of a full "official" queue for the game. It was like this all day and you would usually have a ton more people queuing up outside the official one!

upload_2016-8-8_15-39-44.gif

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm starting to think that full Pokémon list leak could be fake. Mainly because someone made it into an image like this:

Normally this wouldn't worry me. However, the design of this sheet is the EXACT design of that "Generation 6.5 leak" list from several months ago:

Well, we'll find out the truth this Friday.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
View attachment 114336 I did a little post about my play time with Sonic Mania at Summer of Sonic, on Sonic Stadium. I will just leave it here in case anyone is interested.
So the Drop Dash pretty much replaces the Insta-Shield

I wonder if Tails and Knuckles will have the drop dash or is it Sonic exclusive

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I'm starting to think that full Pokémon list leak could be fake. Mainly because someone made it into an image like this:

Normally this would worry me. However, the design of this sheet is the EXACT design of that "Generation 6.5 leak" list from several months ago:

Well, we'll find out the truth this Friday.
your thinking it could be fake because someone made an image of it? thats dumb

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So we've received details about our first Pokemon Sun and Moon manga.

The basic plot is about a new trainer traveling the Alola region with his Rockruff. More details about the manga will be revealed in this month's CoroCoro issue.

It doesn't look like Pokemon Adventures, but hey, this could still be good.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still find it crazy that both Disney & Pokémon are releasing major projects based off of Hawaii only 5 days apart.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So we've received details about our first Pokemon Sun and Moon manga.

The basic plot is about a new trainer traveling the Alola region with his Rockruff. More details about the manga will be revealed in this month's CoroCoro issue.

It doesn't look like Pokemon Adventures, but hey, this could still be good.
That ain't mullet dude.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Part fo me wonders if Ash & Pikachu will return for the next anime saga but not be the main focus. The focus instead being on a new kid doing the island trials while Ash remembers he's supposed to catch 'em all.

D

Deleted member

Part fo me wonders if Ash & Pikachu will return for the next anime saga but not be the main focus. The focus instead being on a new kid doing the island trials while Ash remembers he's supposed to catch 'em all.
Was Ash's goal ever to "Catch 'em all"? If so, he's flaked so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom