• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm starting to think that full Pokémon list leak could be fake. Mainly because someone made it into an image like this:

Normally this wouldn't worry me. However, the design of this sheet is the EXACT design of that "Generation 6.5 leak" list from several months ago:

Well, we'll find out the truth this Friday.
So, if I make a list in Excel it automatically deconfirms something?

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's not that it's from Excel. It's that it's the same font, design, colors, and layout of a fake list. Why would they copy the same design of a fake?
Because it wasn't the leaker of the Alolan list who made that image?

The similarity of products made by someone other than the initial leaker of the list does nothing to discredit the list itself.
The images are similar, yes.
But the information sources of the fake "6.5" list and this one don't appear to be connected besides being Pokemon "leaks" and being posted on 4chan.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Because it wasn't the leaker of the Alolan list who made that image?

The similarity of products made by someone other than the initial leaker of the list does nothing to discredit the list itself.
The images are similar, yes.
But the information sources of the fake "6.5" list and this one don't appear to be connected besides being Pokemon "leaks" and being posted on 4chan.
Alright. Regardless, Friday will answer everything.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ash's training method is really stupid so I don't think he has any right to judge Gary Oak

Ash, you were given a pokedex to discover all the species of pokemon, that was your goal

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm starting to think that full Pokémon list leak could be fake. Mainly because someone made it into an image like this:

Normally this wouldn't worry me. However, the design of this sheet is the EXACT design of that "Generation 6.5 leak" list from several months ago:

Well, we'll find out the truth this Friday.
Just an fyi.. that spreadsheet itself wasn't the actual leak, it was just a display made for better understanding of the original leak which was a chinese text leak after being translated...I wouldn't be surprised if the same bloke did the same here...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ash's training method is really stupid so I don't think he has any right to judge Gary Oak

Ash, you were given a pokedex to discover all the species of pokemon, that was your goal
Capture all Pokemon species?

Gimme a week. Tops.
(I know it was only Kanto but still)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Um....Ash has seen almost every Pokémon by this point, not including the Sun/Moon stuff.

Considering the anime Pokedex doesn't require catching the Pokémon like the game Pokedex's do.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Just an fyi.. that spreadsheet itself wasn't the actual leak, it was just a display made for better understanding of the original leak which was a chinese text leak after being translated...I wouldn't be surprised if the same bloke did the same here...
Wait, the pokedex leak was in Chinese, what?

D

Deleted member

Seeing pokemon only registers them, not records the information
Considering the anime Pokedex doesn't require catching the Pokémon like the game Pokedex's do.....
This was made evident by comparing Ash's to Gary's Pokedex back in Kanto.

Gary had more variety in Pokémon (Ash technically had more, but they were mostly Tauros), but Ash had more Pokémon in his Pokedex because Gary couldn't be assed to scan every Pokémon he encountered like Ash did.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, you kind of edited that after I quoted you

Anime pokedex only makes sense if someone already has studied the pokemon and Ash is just looking up the recorded information. Games pokedex is the child actually studying the pokemon and recording the information he finds, which is why you have to capture them

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Anime pokedex only makes sense if someone already has studied the pokemon and Ash is just looking up the recorded information. Games pokedex is the child actually studying the pokemon and recording the information he finds, which is why you have to capture them
I like anime pokedex better.

D

Deleted member

(Actually, I edited it before you posted, but still.)

That's basically it; the anime Pokedex HAS the information.

IIRC, there were cases a Pokedex was used to look up information about a Pokémon they were trying to find.

Chrono.

Checked out the Chinese text leaks and whoever made that dex made sure to include every Pokemon from those leaks.

So they covered their bases there.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait, the pokedex leak was in Chinese, what?
From what I remember the first one was a chinese text leak...while the spreadsheet was merely a visualisation of it, same here since the spreadsheet is just a visualiaztion ...its fake regardless (pretty deconfirmed upon Sun and Moon's reveal, with Pikipek's teaser)

----

There are other reasons why I think the new leak is fake though...biggest red flags to me are that Salandit and Wimpod are middle stages...it doesn't make sense to introduce a pokemon line with its middle stage and they feel more like a basic forms anyway...
of course Mudsdale was introduced first before Mudbray but I highly doubt Mudsdale is going to evolve again...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From what I remember the first one was a chinese text leak...while the spreadsheet was merely a visualisation of it, same here since the spreadsheet is just a visualiaztion ...its fake regardless (pretty deconfirmed upon Sun and Moon's reveal, with Pikipek's teaser)

----

There are other reasons why I think the new leak is fake though...biggest red flags to me are that Salandit and Wimpod are middle stages...it doesn't make sense to introduce a pokemon line with its middle stage and they feel more like a basic forms anyway...
of course Mudsdale was introduced first before Mudbray but I highly doubt Mudsdale is going to evolve again...
That was my problem with it (Salandit and Wimpod)

and a lot of the comments from 4chan also shared that sentiment

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

----

your personal belifes hold no weight on the legitamacy of a leak

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So after trying out Sonic Mania, I played Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice at Summer of Sonic. Details in the quote.

The queue was fairly short when I got there so I didn't have to wait long to play it (about 15-25 minutes), but I saw it get much bigger at various points throughout the day.

Before I say anything, I would like to note that I haven't played through Shattered Crystal. However, I do own the e-shop demo for it and have some spare plays on it, so I made a point of playing through the first level of that before the event (I did it on my plane ride over to London on Friday morning). My general opinion on that side-scrolling gameplay from the demo is that the game feels fine mechanically, but it has a few things I didn't like and the levels do drag on since you don't always know what is the "right way" to go. Often, you'll go somewhere, thinking it's a higher, faster route like in a Classic Sonic game, only to find it leads to a collectible, and then you have to loop back around to where you were. It's not the most satisfying way to design a Sonic level.

Fire & Ice is definitely a big improvement on the formula, in my opinion. For one, I played through the level in Fire & Ice's demo with only Sonic, while I would often have to switch to someone else in Shattered Crystal. I can't even recall if you could switch characters in the demo I played since I never had to attempt to. I also completed the level in about 4-5 minutes, and that was with me doing some exploring and testing out the controls at the beginning of the level (I completed Studioplolis Zone in Mania in a similar time frame). The levels are laid out more like a traditional 2D Sonic level, it's actually comparable to the Classics in that sense, with higher routes generally being faster but also having more collectibles. The only notable difference is that especially fast sections with loops and the like are still relegated to being mostly automated and you don't really get to use slopes to your advantage in any way. However, I don't consider that inherently bad, since this is not supposed to be a Classic Sonic style game (that's what Mania is for). It could also just be that this particular level was a simplified one.

I did find secrets and such hidden in small corners, but when I did, they were literally just in a single room with not much in the way. It was like finding a Special Ring in S3&K. I found a locked door, but couldn't get in. Either that was a demo restriction, or you have to find a key somewhere in the level, or maybe even in a different level.

Also, in Shattered Crystal, one thing that bothers me is when you do Sonic's Air Dash move down and into the ground, he gets stuck in a recoil animation for a couple of seconds, which breaks the flow. In Fire & Ice, he will instead bounce off the ground as if he hit something with the Homing Attack, so he can still move around, or even perform an actual Homing Attack. Or you can Air Dash again. This makes the move a lot more satisfying IMO.

I couldn't listen to the music though, as there were no headphones and well, there was so much else going on.

Overall, I enjoyed what I played (just the one level, so I can't comment on the tube levels and such). I might consider getting the game if I have the money.
I'm going to write up my time with the event in general, and a bit about London soon. Just wanted to do these separately.

Well, Ash can't capture EVERY Pokemon, now can he? :laugh:

Who...?
They're the biggest British TV News Station. BBC also have entertainment stations.

Last edited:

Chrono.

----

They've revealed evolutions before their pre evos before, it's nothing really new.

Only difference with these would be how these are their middle stages, but I think Spewpa was revealed before Scatterbug and Vivillion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They've revealed evolutions before their pre evos before, it's nothing really new.

Only difference with these would be how these are their middle stages, but I think Spewpa was revealed before Scatterbug and Vivillion.
They just don't seem like middle forms to me

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You haven't heard of the BBC? They're the first broadcasting agency in the world, and probably the largest too.
That's quite an accomplishment. I always wondered if there was more to the British newscasters that comes on my radio every hour.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You haven't heard of the BBC? They're the first broadcasting agency in the world, and probably the largest too.
Knew they were big, but not that big.

Makes it even cooler that they recognise Summer of Sonic. The Matt guy they mentioned must have been working with them. I did see him around at the event, a lot of people confused his cosplay for being Professor Pickle! :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OH neat!

Gonna be heading to Long Island for a couple of days. Likely won't have Internet. I'll try to get Swamp's mystery thing done while I'm there. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But honestly, I really want to see a big leak of all Alolan forms, (possibly more than the new Pokémon)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

GOD IS ALIVE AND WE SAVED HIM

Also hey friends, been awhile. :V

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OH neat!

Gonna be heading to Long Island for a couple of days. Likely won't have Internet. I'll try to get Swamp's mystery thing done while I'm there. :p
I heard their tea is fantastic

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
more like who is that person?

No really, who is that person?
That's quite an accomplishment. I always wondered if there was more to the British newscasters that comes on my radio every hour.
It's Britain public TV broadcaster. Owned by the British government and paid for by taxes (and therefore never shows any ads)

Their operations are pretty diverse - they have shows, documentaries, news channels (in over 28 languages), radio, a lot of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom