• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's Britain public TV broadcaster. Owned by the British government and paid for by taxes (and therefore never shows any ads)

Their operations are pretty diverse - they have shows, documentaries, news channels (in over 28 languages), radio, a lot of stuff.
I know what the BBC is. :p

I almost exclusively use it for news. It's not as biased towards American interests because it ain't American.

I was asking who the Professor Quigley reject was. :laugh: Guess I should have clarified.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just watched a trailer for Lost Soul Aside. Y'know that game made by ONE PERSON? Holy **** it's impressive.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

GOD IS ALIVE AND WE SAVED HIM
And the sad truth that, since Mii Gunner aren't played by alot of person. (Because of some stupid cliched about them along with alooooot of other thing) This mod, while extremely great, won't be played by alot of people.
#MakeMiiGunnerGreatAgain

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
In other news it seems the next Smashified's on the way as they gave us two hints within the last 24 hours for codename: X
So far...

-Mooning
-Has stolen something
-Grudge against protagonist
-Has killed
-known for 'his' fire type attacks
-Was a boss

Damned if that doesn't sound like Ridley...
Mooning is definitely one of the more confusing though it could be referring to 'being infatuated' such as Ridley's lust for killing things or his obsession for tormenting Samus...it may also be a pun considering 'moon,' 'space'...though it may be reaching but I'm pretty sure that was the first clue given and it is meant to be extraordinarily vague...

A lot of people on Twitter were suggesting Zero, I'm not as familiar with the character so I can't say otherwise...but the timing is more convenient for Ridley given Metroid's recent Anniversary...

If right that means Odyssey isn't Ridley *shrugs*...the clues for it were still pretty vague to be 100% sure anyways...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I almost exclusively use it for news. It's not as biased towards American interests because it ain't American.

I was asking who the Professor Quigley reject was. :laugh: Guess I should have clarified.
Wes Weasley is a character from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon.

He has also appeared in the Archie Comics series.

Also, Professor Quigley is the reject here:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Went to the dentist today and during my check-up he asked me if I was playing Pokemon Go and if I was planning on getting the NES bundle in the fall.

Never though i'd see the day where I would be asked that in a dental appointment. :estatic:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just watched a trailer for Lost Soul Aside. Y'know that game made by ONE PERSON? Holy **** it's impressive.
Looks pretty cool. The gameplay/art is good, but the VA/running animations need some polish. Good thing it's just "a work in progress".

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's Britain public TV broadcaster. Owned by the British government and paid for by taxes (and therefore never shows any ads)

Their operations are pretty diverse - they have shows, documentaries, news channels (in over 28 languages), radio, a lot of stuff.
I know what the BBC is, I watch it, I meant the dude

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Do I get a cookie for knowing who Wes Weasley is?

. . .No?

I mean I doubt I'd recognize the comics version without having it told to me considering the design changes made to make him fit there, but I remember his debut episode from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. One heck of a snake oil salesman, that one. Must be part mongoose to get so much of it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I know what the BBC is, I watch it, I meant the dude

My bad. ChikoLad answered your question though.

After like 10 resets because of poor luck i'm done with chapter 16 of Birthright. **** that chapter, **** Corrin, **** maps that are just a bunch of 2 square wide hallways, **** not knowing how to dodge, and **** sorcerers.
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After like 10 resets because of poor luck i'm done with chapter 16 of Birthright. **** that chapter, **** Corrin, **** maps that are just a bunch of 2 square wide hallways, **** not knowing how to dodge, and **** sorcerers.
Heh, I just beat that chapter on my first try, now I'm trying to grind Witch!Azura so she can get Warp
Chapter 15, on the other hand, was just a pain
I only had a Beast Killer for effective damage and kept getting crit by the promoted units, and that was at least 5 times

Promoted Hinata into a Master of Arms, him and GK!Jakob will be the closest I get to FE8!Generals, man, I love having a full weapon triangle
Hayato is tanky, hits hard and can target both Def and Res, his weakness? He's ****ing blind.
And finally, the MVP: Saizo, the Flame Shuriken is just so good since almost nothing has Res and the ones that do have ****ty Def

D

Deleted member

Bruh the Dangan Ronpa fandom is literally getting screwed twice a week but we live for the despair
That reminds me I should probably watch the two Danganronpa anime going on right now
Man, why is everything about it so confusing? First it's called "Danganronpa 3" even though there was no 2 and then there was suddenly two of them running at the same time

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That reminds me I should probably watch the two Danganronpa anime going on right now
Man, why is everything about it so confusing? First it's called "Danganronpa 3" even though there was no 2 and then there was suddenly two of them running at the same time
Im also confused about why its called Danganronpa 3 considering they are making DR3 named New Danganronpa v3

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess it's to bring despair on the people who like to put things on their shelf in numerical order.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Im also confused about why its called Danganronpa 3 considering they are making DR3 named New Danganronpa v3
I read the TV Tropes page and apparently Danganronpa 3 is meant to be the third part of the storyline even if it's not an actual game while New Danganronpa v3 is supposed to be the fourth entry and part of a new storyline but they just got cute with the name.

Chrono.

Because it's a sequel to the games rather than the anime that aired beforehand (which is already weird itself).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
or....

I'll watch it anyways and form my own informed opinion, and decide for myself if I like it or not...instead of going off of other people's opinions and making myself look like an ignorant ****...

I heard other people's opinions, I'm not expecting much, but I want to stay informed since I have an interest in watching other movies from the DCU such as Justice League and Wonder Woman...
True, that's fair enough. I thought the same before watching it, but 3 hours was a lot, with nothing truly happening. I still don't know if I'll watch JL, don't know if they can do it justice. Wonder Women could be good though. The super hero movie I want to see more of is Doctor Strange in November, and then after that is Thor Ragonork.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the sun and moon manga, It's interesting that rockruff is the star.

They really are trying to mascot it like a starter, so I could see the rumors being true about multiple evolutions.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I read the TV Tropes page and apparently Danganronpa 3 is meant to be the third part of the storyline even if it's not an actual game while New Danganronpa v3 is supposed to be the fourth entry and part of a new storyline but they just got cute with the name.
Danganronpa 3 is the story before the first 2 games going over the The Tragedy.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Danganronpa 3 is the story before the first 2 games going over the The Tragedy so if anything.
Well, remembering it further. . .

I think I read that one half was the final part of the story and the other half was the prequel? If I'm not remembering that wrong and whoever typed that up was telling the truth then both descriptions would be correct.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well, remembering it further. . .

I think I read that one half was the final part of the story and the other half was the prequel? If I'm not remembering that wrong and whoever typed that up was telling the truth then both descriptions would be correct.
Danganronpa 3: Future Arc is, well, the future after all the stuff from DR 1+2+Another Episode games happend
Danganronpa 3: Despair arc is all about what happened before DR 1+2 and talks about how The Tragedy happend

Last edited:

Chrono.

True, that's fair enough. I thought the same before watching it, but 3 hours was a lot, with nothing truly happening. I still don't know if I'll watch JL, don't know if they can do it justice. Wonder Women could be good though. The super hero movie I want to see more of is Doctor Strange in November, and then after that is Thor Ragonork.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the sun and moon manga, It's interesting that rockruff is the star.

They really are trying to mascot it like a starter, so I could see the rumors being true about multiple evolutions.
Rockruff feels kinda like Marill in the sense that it was more or less viewed and marketed as a mascot for their generations.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
While I haven't still rage quit to a chapter in Conquest. I feel like I am going to do it soon.
Pray for my soul and the RNG god.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Rockruff feels kinda like Marill in the sense that it was more or less viewed and marketed as a mascot for their generations.
That's a good comparison. It's also kind of like pichu to. It's evolution could become lucario 2.0 though if it's a werewolf. Seems popular enough to be marketed and liked by fans. Imagine seeing that in smash NX.... That be surprising, but pretty cool.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anti just got a perfect in SFV against Low Tier God after he tried to say no one from the Smash community could beat him.

If you don't know who Low Tier God is, look him up.

He's a horrible human being.

Ivander

Smash Legend

GOD IS ALIVE AND WE SAVED HIM

Also hey friends, been awhile. :V
So......Isabelle, K.K., King K. Rool, and Fox when? Also, Inkling, Zero, Black Knight, Rathalos Armor, Gilgamesh and Ashley when? I've seen Tails and Knuckles done as well, so the other Mii costumes when?

Chrono.

Anti just got a perfect in SFV against Low Tier God after he tried to say no one from the Smash community could beat him.

Yeah that was hilarious.

LTG locked his twitter after saying a bunch of stupid crap to ANTI that I can't repost here due to PG.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So now I will attempt to sum up my Summer of Sonic experience as briefly as I can. Though it's still gonna be a long post either way, as there is so much for me to talk about!

The queue for the event was extremely long, winding out of the hotel and way down the street, probably around the corner of that street too (there were over 1,000 people in attendance, after all). I was further down the queue than I thought I'd end up, but not by much. I was there for an hour in the queue, but I was there very early too, and they opened a bit late because of guests like Yuji Naka and Takashi Iizuka showing up a little behind schedule. I saw them walking by and they were given a hearty welcome by the crowd.

I entertained myself in the queue by chatting with people and playing some Smash 3DS. But I also saw lots of the cool cosplays. The most impressive of which (and the one who ended up winning) was right in front of me in the queue - a spot-on Perfect Chaos cosplay!

This cosplay was simply unbelievable. It was very mobile, with a body that could swing around, a mouth that could move dynamically like a puppet or something, and even the limbs were individually articulated. The appearance was spot on too, as you can see. Though if that wasn't enough, the girl under the costume had a speaker with a huge selection of voice clips from the Sonic Adventure games, as well as Classic Sonic sound effects, and was able to use them to hilarious effect. She often played Sonic's "Sound Test! You get to listen to cool sounds!" line at random points, and Tikal's Chaos Emerald speech. There was also a pair cosplaying as Tikal and Chaos Zero, and when they showed up, Perfect Chaos ran towards them to confront them, playing Sonic's "I've finally found you, faker!" line. And when the pair started walking away, she played his "Where are ya goin', ya big drip?" line, and we all lost it at that point! The cosplayer's brother guided her around (she actually couldn't really see while in-costume) and helped her carry stuff around. She was able to reach her hand out of the mouth though! Her brother also had a Super Sonic figure stuck to a rod with a rope on the end, and would swing it around for her to chase it, recreating the fight from Sonic Adventure in a humourous fashion!

There was also an impressive Manic the Hedgehog cosplayer who passed by, and he had a face-off with Perfect Chaos! I also met him later on in the elevator, when I was dropping my merch up to my room, and had a chat with him. He was a cool guy!

Not long after the fun with cosplayers, I finally made it inside! In there, I saw Yuji Naka and Iizuka once again, and managed to snap a photo of them this time! Yuji Naka was taking photos of the crowd coming in too! (...Also, prepare for my ugly mug!)

Then I picked up my free goodies, including the t-shirt and 25th Anniversary Silver Coin I pledged for on the Kickstarter. The goody bag included the event schedule, details, and map of the venue. It also had some posters and previews for upcoming entries of the unofficial Sonic the Comic (the old UK-made comic) continuation. And most surprisingly and awesomely, the goody bags also contained a card with a download code for a free copy of Sonic Generations on Steam! If anyone wants it, be sure to let me know, since I already have Sonic Generations on Steam. I also saw MegaGWolf, a well-known YouTuber in the Sonic community. However, being my first convention and the fact he was here as a visitor (and looked focused on something on his phone), I was too nervous to go up and talk to him, and ask for a photo. A lot of people apparently did though, as he mentioned in his own vlog about the event, so now I feel like I missed out. I saw him multiple times too so I had multiple chances. Oh well, maybe next time!

The hall itself was massive (I have a video of this. I will be posting a few short clips to Twitter soon, and will make a separate post about them). Even with over 1,000 people filling it within the hour, I still found it fairly easy to get around. The first thing I did was head to the Sonic Merchandise section, and bought most of my stuff for the day, since I noticed people heading towards it and didn't want it to sell out before I got a chance to look at anything. My favourite things that I bought there were the Sonic Boom: Big Head Sonic Plush, and an art print of some concept art of Classic Sonic from Sonic 1's development stages (I still have not opened it though because I want to frame it), as well as a pair of figurines of Orbot & Cubot from the Sonic Boom toy line. I also got a really nice leather Sonic bag with some Uekawa (Adventure style) artwork of Sonic on it, and his name printed on it in Japanese. I returned to it near the end of the 9 hour event to get a couple more things from it. Overall, the merch selection was fantastic, and I would have bought more, but I was being careful with both money and bag space for my trip home (could only take so much luggage on the plane, after all). Regardless, I ended up buying way more than I thought I would, for way cheaper than I expected. A lot of the products were being sold at a discount, and the key chains were free! I didn't find that out until the end of the event though, so I only managed to get one of the last Eggman ones.

Soon after that, I, of all people, was asked by a nice girl if they could take a picture of me, who was wearing a Shadow themed outfit IIRC. She really liked the Drop Dead Robotnik hat I was wearing. It was actually on display at a small section for the DDxSonic range of clothes, and I was going to take it off for her so she could take a picture of it. But she wanted to specifically take it with me wearing it because she thought it suited me...dunno if that's a compliment or an insult, but it's humbling either way!

I then queued up for the first signing session with Yuji Naka and Takashi Iizuka. I talked to a lot of Sonic fans while in the queue, so that was a good time. I got my copy of Rodea signed by Yuji Naka here, as well as my Sonic amiibo and Sonic Unleashed promo copy signed by Takashi Iizuka. Yuji Naka was acting a bit strange at this point. Seemed a little quiet, maybe he was nervous or tired or something. I gave him the Wii version side of the Rodea cover to sign (that was the one he made and encouraged everyone to play), but for some reason, he turned it over to the Wii U version's side and signed that. Maybe it was just because he liked that cover art more or because the blue Wii U banner goes better with the blue Wii U box? Iizuka, on the other hand, was EXTREMELY cheery and friendly, he kinda reminds me of Iwata. When he saw me giving Rodea to Naka to sign, he cheerily said "Ah, Rodea, hahaha!", surprised and pleased to see someone bring it to the event. He must be a fan of the game! I then gave him the Sonic amiibo to get signed. He asked me where I wanted it signed, and I told him to sign the cardboard part above the plastic box. As he was signing it, he started laughing and explained "This is very difficult!". I felt kind of bad (he had suggested the front of the plastic box but I was afraid of the ink not sticking as well there), but he was kind enough to do the whole thing for me and it came out looking well too. My friend got the Unleashed promo copy signed for me. I shook hands with both of them too so that was an honour. I also got a picture with both of them. They were taken by staff, and unfortunately, the one with Naka somehow didn't register (my phone camera was being fussy on the day, unfortunately), and the ones with Iizuka came out all saturated because the guy didn't know how to use the focus on the camera. However, you can still make us out. I want to get some of these photos printed and framed soon, even if I look like a huge **** in them! :p

I then got a Facebook text from a guy who initially wanted to buy my third ticket spot, but ultimately got one from someone else. He was looking to get my third t-shirt off of me, and I was happy to comply. I wanted to give it to him for free, but he insisted I take £10 for it. I asked him if he was here with anyone, and when he told me he wasn't, I invited him to hang out with my friend and I for the day, and he did just that! His name is Max. Really cool guy and I had a lot of fun hanging with him, both before and after the event when we went to the pub for some dinner and drinks. Gushed a lot over Sonic and discussed favourite games and other non-Sonic things. If I'm ever in London again (and I'm sure I will be), I'll be sure to meet up with him again!

In terms of cosplay, I saw some more. I took a picture of a girl who had a Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper head mask on, especially for my friend in new York who is a big fan of the character.

Other cosplay highlights were the pair of ladies dressed as Jet the Hawk and Wave the Sparrow (who were invited to sing a line each in the Crush 40 concert! They had beautiful singing voices!), a perfect Classic Eggman, a female Eggman (complete with a Sonic plush in a cage!), a Shadow cosplay with a big Chaos Emerald, someone cosplaying as Blaze the Cat cosplaying as Boba Fett from Star Wars, a tougher than leather lady with an awesome Knuckles cosplay, and a Sir Percival Blaze cosplay. There was also an amazing Amy Rose cosplayer, and we met up with her (and her fianceé) on the night before, in the pub. Her hammer was MASSIVE. I unfortunately could not get pictures with or of most of these, but I will be making a follow up post with more things that I don't talk about here, and will look for photos of some of them taken by other people.

I think I will leave it here for now, this ended up way longer than expected...this can be Part 1 of 2 or 3! I might actually make a video of this too.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Oh yeah he is. It's why people call him "the black DSP"

Even then he sucks ass at all fighters. He complains about Shotos and Charge characters, doesn't even play low tier characters as much and nobody really likes him in the FGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom