• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of Pokémon GO, here's a pretty cool (but intentionally fake) video of Missingno. in GO:

It kinda bugs me when 3D Missingno is just like its 2D form, but in 3D.
Glitch Pokemon are a jumbled bunch of pixels in 2D, so in 3D, it should look like a bunch of exploded polygons or something.

Progress is being made!

If only this wasn't over Falcon :(
According to the readme file, the Walugi mod takes moves from Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcon, Peach, and Bayonetta's up tilt. And the Down Special, side and down tilts are from the assist trophy.

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about how Waluigi has to steal moves from other fighters since he can't make his own. :laugh:

----

I'm also kinda surprised that there were no clone characters in the official smash games so far that took moves from multiple fighters, rather than just one.

----

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It kinda bugs me when 3D Missingno is just like its 2D form, but in 3D.
Glitch Pokemon are a jumbled bunch of pixels in 2D, so in 3D, it should look like a bunch of exploded polygons or something.
Well, until Missingno. gets official artwork of some kind (99% likely never), we'll have to get use to it.

Chrono.

Off topic mode activated!

The worst part about Elite Beat Agents is that if you hear one of the songs from the game, all of a sudden you will want to play EBA . . . even if you are in the middle of work and can't play no matter how badly you want to.
:061:

D

Deleted member

Pokemon GO has finally been released in Brazil
About ****ing time
Though I won't be able to play it today

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
"SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD" is the worst cop out answer ever

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So what's the context behind this?
IGN have this show called "Game Scoop!" where they're supposed to talk about and discuss the latest video game news. It's like GameXplain discussions, but shorter.

However, they did one that was supposed to be about the new Sonic games, only they literally just spent the whole video either spreading misinformation on Sonic Mania, or overall hating on the Sonic franchise as a whole. Basically, they came clean and admitted to the assumption that they are biased against Sonic, even if that wasn't their intention.

It's sad and aggravating, but also proves how hilariously unprofessional IGN is.

Needless to say, it did not blow over well.

But there's this from the same video:
View attachment 113945
Turns out the Game Scoop! account responded to that (it's deep within the comment chain).

It's just as lame and tryhard a response as you would think:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah IGN, always terrible for gaming anything, never change...

Because we know you won't!

Plus with all their hate on Water, who would like Sonic? He can't swim in their complaints!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
IGN have this show called "Game Scoop!" where they're supposed to talk about and discuss the latest video game news. It's like GameXplain discussions, but shorter.

However, they did one that was supposed to be about the new Sonic games, only they literally just spent the whole video either spreading misinformation on Sonic Mania, or overall hating on the Sonic franchise as a whole. Basically, they came clean and admitted to the assumption that they are biased against Sonic, even if that wasn't their intention.

It's sad and aggravating, but also proves how hilariously unprofessional IGN is.

I have not seen a dislike bar that high in quite a while.

I don't mind them hating Sonic, but when you insult fans for simply being fans, that's when I draw the line. At that point, you're just being a jerk.

I'm curious if they'll actually address this or sweep it under the rug.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My problem doesn't come from them making a hate video. Those are everywhere.

But this show is advertised as discussing and spreading info on the latest game announcements. That's not what this Sonic video was though. They say in the title that it's about the two new games, but all they do is spread misinformation on both Mania and the old games ("Green Hill Zone from Sonic 2"). And proceed to **** on the franchise as a whole, and on it's fans. Unless this is solely supposed to be bait (in which case, it's still dirty), then it pretty much made me lose all respect for IGN out of what little I had left.

I certainly won't be coming to them for Sonic news again, not that I need to.

And they have been responding to other comments on the video too and oh my god they are so cringeworthy. Like:

---------------------

Viewer comment:
"This franchise was never great".

Are you ******* serious?

Game Scoop! response:
Are you?

---------------------

OOOOOOH

YOU GOT 'EM GAME SCOOP

ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED THEM

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
After that video I'll laugh if IGN give Sonic Mania and/or Project 2017 good reviews. Doubly so if it's one of those guys that does the review.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Turns out the Game Scoop! account responded to that (it's deep within the comment chain).

It's just as lame and tryhard a response as you would think:

I'm glad people are actually downvoting it. Usually when I walk in on an internet conversation blind negativity about Sonic comes out of nearly anyone that bothers to talk. On some sites saying something positive about Sonic or lamenting the negativity he gets outright gets you dogpiled.

And that response they made to the Sonic official account just makes it even worse. When an official account tries to engage you, you take the offer, or at least act polite. Even Egoraptor basically went "challenge accepted" to the Sonic Twitter's challenge for him to eat a Sonic-shaped formation of cupcakes.

My problem doesn't come from them making a hate video. Those are everywhere.

But this show is advertised as discussing and spreading info on the latest game announcements. That's not what this Sonic video was though. They say in the title that it's about the two new games, but all they do is spread misinformation on both Mania and the old games ("Green Hill Zone from Sonic 2"). And proceed to **** on the franchise as a whole, and on it's fans. Unless this is solely supposed to be bait (in which case, it's still dirty), then it pretty much made me lose all respect for IGN out of what little I had left.

I certainly won't be coming to them for Sonic news again, not that I need to.

And they have been responding to other comments on the video too and oh my god they are so cringeworthy. Like:

---------------------

Viewer comment:

Are you ******* serious?

Game Scoop! response:
Are you?

---------------------

OOOOOOH

YOU GOT 'EM GAME SCOOP

:facepalm:

I'm getting secondhand cringe from how bad that trolling is. Figuratively speaking even the bottom tier sites of the internet are staring at IGN and wondering when a news site started peddling bait so low even the majority of their memberships would roll their eyes at it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I saw that Sonic hate earlier.

This is a new low, even for them.

Because you can't spell ignorant without
I G N.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d by a matter of seconds.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

---------------------

Viewer comment:

Are you ******* serious?

Game Scoop! response:
Are you?

---------------------

OOOOOOH

YOU GOT 'EM GAME SCOOP

It get's worse with their backpedalling in the comments.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Despite them being stupid, they still give Sonic Mania a high review because it's 2D.

Remember, they have Sonic 4 a high score.

Higher than Sonic Unleashed, Colors and Generations at one point

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So later this month Beyond Good and Evil HD is going to be free on Xbox Gold.

How is it? I know the fandom wants a sequel badly and I've been hearing it plays similarly to Zelda. I have had my eye on it for quite some time now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

How is it? I know the fandom wants a sequel badly and I've been hearing it plays similarly to Zelda. I have had my eye on it for quite some time now.
It's a very good game, to be sure.

You really can't go wrong with it if it's free though. One of the bigger criticisms of the game would be that it's kinda short compared to say, the average 3D Zelda, making the price a bit questionable. But that's not much an issue if it's free.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Burruni

Smash Hero

It's a good but a fair bit clunky game. The start of it is the absolute worst because, if you go for 100%, your hp is going to scale far past the real ratio of what threats pose.
Also never waste hp upgrades on allies.
ALL FOR JADE.
A L L F O R J A D E.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That's him.

From the time as a kid I spent watching IGN, I'd know him anywhere.
*sigh*
At this point all I can do is hope they get called out on this.

The game has been on my to-play list for a while. But I would recommend it. Anything by Michel Ancel is a treat.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD" is the worst cop out answer ever
But Sonic NEVER was good. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. Sonic has been great. Awesome. Outstanding. AMAAAAAAZING!
Pokémon Z-Rings are up for preorder

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pokemon-z-ring-set/133077

While very interesting, I don't see myself getting one of these Pokémon Z-Rings unless they actually give out new content to the game.
Dammit. It isn't a complete set that was advertised. Oh well, I'll gladly get this
It get's worse with their backpedalling in the comments.

'Sonic was never good' They say. 'Sonic Pocket Adventure gets the highest score possible' They say. What even WAS PA? Literally never heard of it before
http://time.com/4435814/pokemon-go-arizona-couple-allegedly-abandon-child/

This is really stupid and just shows how much that certain people shouldn't ever be parents or allowed to raise children
It's **** like this that makes me feel like an IQ test is a requirement before parenting

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But Sonic NEVER was good. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. Sonic has been great. Awesome. Outstanding. AMAAAAAAZING!

Dammit. It isn't a complete set that was advertised. Oh well, I'll gladly get this

'Sonic was never good' They say. 'Sonic Pocket Adventure gets the highest score possible' They say. What even WAS PA? Literally never heard of it before

It's **** like this that makes me feel like an IQ test is a requirement before parenting
"What was Pocket Adventure?"

Lucky you, one of your fellow thread-goers has History of Sonic The Hedgehog on their bookshelf.

Sonic Pocket Adventure was a. . .uh. . .from what I can tell it was apparently a repurposing and modification of some classic Sonic levels, particularly Sonic 2 but there's a 3&K screenshot as well, done in a lower visual quality than the original games they were from and released for the NeoGeo Pocket. With some link cable multiplayer game modes.

If that is what IGN considers to be the pinnacle of the Sonic series, then I'm not sure what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom