• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just want to mention something....Litten's final form if ends up being Fire/Dark, it feels like it would be Fire/Dark simply so it won't be Fire/Fighting...Since it is clearly based on a wrestler, which are quite obviously 'fighters' much like Machamp, Hariyama, and Emboar...making it one type so it won't be another is something I'm not really a fan of, but it's typing isn't confirmed so far...

As I've stated before, I'm not going to be one of those guys that hates it because of it's typing...As long as it's typing makes sense with it's design then I don't really care...Dark type would be more ideal to me since it is my second favourite type, but I'm not a fan of it's design or the whole wrestler motif it's got going on to begin with...I really hope the second evolution rumour ends up being true...

Man stuff like this is why I hate leaks...I'm a tiny bit deflated by Litten's final evo since it was the starter I was most excited about but now I'm getting my hopes up for another leak that may or may not be true...and I'll probably end up disappointed if it's not and it'll be my fault for believing it...

D

Deleted member

I just want to mention something....Litten's final form if ends up being Fire/Dark, it feels like it would be Fire/Dark simply so it won't be Fire/Fighting...Since it is clearly based on a wrestler, which are quite obviously 'fighters' much like Machamp, Hariyama, and Emboar...making it one type so it won't be another is something I'm not really a fan of, but it's typing isn't confirmed so far...

As I've stated before, I'm not going to be one of those guys that hates it because of it's typing...As long as it's typing makes sense with it's design then I don't really care...Dark type would be more ideal to me since it is my second favourite type, but I'm not a fan of it's design or the whole wrestler motif it's got going on to begin with...I really hope the second evolution rumour ends up being true...

Man stuff like this is why I hate leaks...I'm a tiny bit deflated by Litten's final evo since it was the starter I was most excited about but now I'm getting my hopes up for another leak that may or may not be true...and I'll probably end up disappointed if it's not and it'll be my fault for believing it...
I dunno, I don't mind it
Like how Stunfisk is Ground/Electric only because of the overabundance of Water types
I really don't want another Fire/Fighting starter

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
This is pretty cool:
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/08/02/nintendo-power-internet-archive/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheNextWeb+(The+Next+Web+All+Stories)

First 13 years of Nintendo Power are available for free online! It's a great magazine and may have fun details for people as fans and cool fan submissions, I'd recommend checking it out.

PushDustIn PushDustIn this may be something that interests you, if you need to look for stuff for source gaming articles.
Kinda wish the whole 285 issue run was on there, but I guess there's some embargo on later issues for now.

How's everyone doing today?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
On another note...

Smashified seems like they'll be revealing their newest character soon...Codename X seems the likely candidate for the next reveal given their latest tweets...
Current Hints
-Mooning
-Once stole something
-grudge against the protagonist
-has killed before

something to consider Mooning-behaving or moving in a listless or aimless manner/act in a dreamily infatuated manner....
not just 'mooning' someone...

I'm honestly stumped...I keep thinking of Dark Samus though I'm pretty sure it's not...

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
On another note...

Smashified seems like they'll be revealing their newest character soon...Codename X seems the likely candidate for the next reveal given their latest tweets...
Current Hints
-Mooning
-Once stole something
-has killed before

something to consider Mooning-behaving or moving in a listless or aimless manner/act in a dreamily infatuated manner....

I'm honestly stumped...I keep thinking of Dark Samus though I'm pretty sure it's not...
i think i got it....spankity spankity Ness

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On another note...

Current Hints
-Mooning
-Once stole something
-has killed before

That could honestly be Shadow. The last three fit him perfectly.

Though I'm not sure if mooning is something associated with him. In either context. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I had a feeling RCMADIAX wasn't being truthful about a Nintendo Direct due they never have appeared in one of them and they only release shovelware games.

But I wouldn't mind a Nintendo Direct either way.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4vvpbw/niantic_is_upping_the_scan_refresh_rate_to_break/

I can't believe how much Niantic is willing to mess up Pokemon Go for regular players. Seriously, this update further makes playing Pokemon Go on a bicycle even more difficult. Therefore, if you live in the countryside -- good luck! There's already a limited number of Pokemon spawning in the countryside, and they are so spread out.

Broken radar, shutting down tracking websites...it's like Niantic doesn't want people to enjoy the game at all. A Snorlax appeared on the radar and I went looking for it for a full 10 minutes. I was standing ON TOP OF moving grass and nothing came out. I tried moving to the side of it, and nothing still came out. Eventually, the Snorlax disappeared.

Not to mention the ridiculously low hatching speed. I went on a 56 KM bike ride -- only 5 KM was good enough to be counted by Pokemon Go...and I was on a straight road. Walking produces better results, but then with 1 incubator to hatch eggs with...it's frustrating. I can see why people are cheating and putting their phones on fans.

The number of people in the touristy area of my town has dwindled by about 50% since last week. I think the game has some staying power, but Niantic might just kill it themselves.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm just going to be patient with Go at the moment...

Niantic said on their facebook page that they are looking to improve the design of the tracking feature which is why they removed it...I've never had a working tracking feature since the game came to Canada, though it would be nice to be able to hunt down the pokemon instead of jsut wandering around hoping to find something...

The game's had a ton of issues from the beginning and with so many people playing it I can understand that there will be some problems...Like I said I'm going to remain patient for now even though I haven't played it as much recently...if it gets to the point where I'm just can't be bothered then, I guess I can't be bothered...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4vvpbw/niantic_is_upping_the_scan_refresh_rate_to_break/

I can't believe how much Niantic is willing to mess up Pokemon Go for regular players. Seriously, this update further makes playing Pokemon Go on a bicycle even more difficult. Therefore, if you live in the countryside -- good luck! There's already a limited number of Pokemon spawning in the countryside, and they are so spread out.

Broken radar, shutting down tracking websites...it's like Niantic doesn't want people to enjoy the game at all. A Snorlax appeared on the radar and I went looking for it for a full 10 minutes. I was standing ON TOP OF moving grass and nothing came out. I tried moving to the side of it, and nothing still came out. Eventually, the Snorlax disappeared.

Not to mention the ridiculously low hatching speed. I went on a 56 KM bike ride -- only 5 KM was good enough to be counted by Pokemon Go...and I was on a straight road. Walking produces better results, but then with 1 incubator to hatch eggs with...it's frustrating. I can see why people are cheating and putting their phones on fans.

The number of people in the touristy area of my town has dwindled by about 50% since last week. I think the game has some staying power, but Niantic might just kill it themselves.
I don't even understand why people would cheat at this point.

My cousin hacked the game after the update so she could get higher leveled Pokémon more easily, since she was peeved with how the update made it much harder to raise Pokémon. And I'm just here thinking, if a game requires you to cheat or hack it to get any enjoyment in it or to make any progress, then it's simply not a good game and there is literally no point in wasting your time with it.

Like, when the microtransactions in a F2P mobile game aren't even that useful at all (either because the items are abundant at Pokéstops or the update has screwed the game up to a point where the stuff isn't that useful anyway), you know there is a problem.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Someone collected the four most trusted leaks of Pokémon Sun & Moon into one image.

LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED:

PushDustIn PushDustIn im 99% sure the moving grass means nothing. If you stand on it nothjng apears, and even if there are exactly 0 pokemon in your area the grass still moves. Pretty sure it's just decoration.

I deleted GO from my phone.

The game has some great novelty but it's really strong with that F2P system designed to frustrate you more and more as you go on in hipes to make people who play for free pay.

Having to use 5+ pokeballs on a pidgey isnt fun. Having to use 8+ and not even getting the thing because the game is lagging and all throws become curveball is just infuriating. It doesn't help it's hard for me to get pokeballs (I DONT NEED MORE POTIONS) and almost impossible for me to catch pokemon since my area is a ghost town (and not in the way that means I have a lot of ghost pokemon)

It's a shame since, but I would rather be playing FF Brave Exvius (even if it won't give me a white mage like Cecil) or KH Unchained (even if I cant beat some stuff because I have no premium medals) if im playing on my phone.
:061:

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't even understand why people would cheat at this point.

My cousin hacked the game after the update so she could get higher leveled Pokémon more easily, since she was peeved with how the update made it much harder to raise Pokémon. And I'm just here thinking, if a game requires you to cheat or hack it to get any enjoyment in it or to make any progress, then it's simply not a good game and there is literally no point in wasting your time with it.

Like, when the microtransactions in a F2P mobile game aren't even that useful at all (either because the items are abundant at Pokéstops or the update has screwed the game up to a point where the stuff isn't that useful anyway), you know there is a problem.
There are some things that make me scratch my head about this game.

It shouldn't have launched so early, as they are still trying to finish some of the basic features.
Tracking Pokemon is so difficult.
Incubators seem to be behind a pay wall, and only working towards 1 at a time is painful. I've been to over 600 Pokestops, and have never gotten an extra Incubator.
The speed for hatching eggs is way too low for only 1 at a time. Plus you can't throw away eggs, so I need to hatch all these 5 KM eggs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There are some things that make me scratch my head about this game.

It shouldn't have launched so early, as they are still trying to finish some of the basic features.
Tracking Pokemon is so difficult.
Incubators seem to be behind a pay wall, and only working towards 1 at a time is painful. I've been to over 600 Pokestops, and have never gotten an extra Incubator.
The speed for hatching eggs is way too low for only 1 at a time. Plus you can't throw away eggs, so I need to hatch all these 5 KM eggs.
I got 1 extra incubator from a Pokéstop, but it broke yesterday since I've used it three times.

I'm on the last of my 2km eggs, I seem to only get 5km ones now, so my hatches will be quite infrequent now.

At this point I can't get into the game anymore. I'll play it a bit when I go to London, just to see what that place is like for the game, but I can't be bothered with trying to get real into the game anymore.

I can't even use it as a casual "whenever I have to run a few errands, I'll boot it up" kind of thing because I don't get anything.

I found a Kakuna yesterday and it ran away after the first ball, and it only had like, 12 CP. That kinda thing is getting all too common since the update.

Also, ITS A LITERAL COCOON POKÉMON, HOW DOES IT RUN?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Rewatching the latest Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer, for some reason the video's music is reminding me of the DSiWare game "Crystal Monsters".

FYI, Don't make the same mistake I made of buying this. There are MUCH better Pokémon clones out there.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here is something cool, the Z-Rings and Z-Crystals from Pokemon Sun and Moon are getting limited run in-store soon:

:079: just in case
Holy **** I want this now. I need to get this
Seriously, this update further makes playing Pokemon Go on a bicycle even more difficult.
You shouldn't be using your phone on the bike anyway tbh

Burruni

Smash Hero
Rewatching the latest Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer, for some reason the video's music is reminding me of the DSiWare game "Crystal Monsters".

FYI, Don't make the same mistake I made of buying this. There are MUCH better Pokémon clones out there.
Is it bad if this one trailer has sold me better on this than playing through all of YW1 with all quests done and most of the "dex" completed did for YW2?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That's good, but considering how many 'PERSON GETS INJURED WHILE PLAYING GO' articles there are, I felt like I needed to state the obvious
I'm extra careful because I'm a foreigner. I don't want any reason for the police to give me a ticket :p.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Music to listen to for the full effect:

As of today, I have finally reached 1000 posts, so I thought I'd leave a special message to mark this occasion by taking a trip down memory lane.

It's hard to believe that how much time in Smashboards has changed over the years. Roughly one month from now, it'll be my second year anniversary when I first created my account for this site.

I've been lurking on the website for all while, mainly visiting the threads of characters that I supported for Smash 4. That said, I still remember how my early days on Smashboards were like. It was mostly just visiting a few casual threads and giving some thoughts about the topic, but much of my activity could be found in the Professor Layton support thread. In fact, my very first post on Smashboards was asking to be added on the supporter list for it. From there, I had a lot of fun, sharing ideas how Layton could work in Smash and interacting with other people who were also huge fans of the Professor Layton games just like I was.

Between Smash WiiU's release and May, I wasn't that active in Smashboards. I didn't have much incentive to visit other than to discuss Layton in Smash, though the DLC hype that followed Mewtwo's inclusion made me more interested in visiting Smashboards in the past. It was around that time I was introduced to the RTC thread. I remember joining it for similar reasons like how some people first got involved there: "Hey everyone, our character is being rated tomorrow. We need to visit the thread and make sure our character does well!" And what character was the one that got me involved there? Well, my most wanted of course. As I looked more into RTC after giving my thoughts on Layton's chances, I remember being interested how a different video game character would be rated each day, where not only would the thread focus on a character's chances of being in Smash, but also a character's want score, an averaged score regarding how much people want the character in Smash. The want scores made me interested in rating two characters that I was also interested in seeing in Smash: Descole from the Layton games and Gallade.

In the weeks that followed, I decided to take part in this RTC thread to discuss my thoughts about a character's chances and if I would be interested in seeing him/her in Smash, as well as continue nominating the two characters I was interested in seeing being rated. Seeing other people's posts about what they thought about a character's chances helped me expand my knowledge on Smash speculation and allowed me to learn more about where a character could stand when it comes to Smash and what factors are important when discussing them.

When looking back though, a part of me does regret nominating Descole. I remember most of the people in the thread that day were not very happy at the idea of rating a character whose series' title protagonist wasn't in the game yet. I didn't want to rate Descole for the lolz like some characters prior and after him were. I was mainly interested in seeing if there were other people that wanted to see him in Smash like I did. Descole didn't go very well, ending up with lowest chance score for about a month and a low want score too. To be honest, I wasn't surprised that Descole would do this bad. I was at least happy to see I wasn't the only person that had some sort of interest in seeing this character as a fighter. That day taught me to wait on rating a certain character until its series' main protagonist was in Smash.

Similarly, I nominated Gallade because I wanted to see who else was interested in seeing him in Smash. Gallade didn't do as bad as Descole when it came to the chances, though he did a receive a rather low want score compared to other Pokemon rated in the past that were in a similar boat he was in when it came to chances. I guess the reason for the latter was because there was a "Pokemon fatigue" going on in the thread's later days. Once the two characters I wanted to see rated got their days, I left the RTC thread.

Over the past few weeks, I mainly browsed each day of the RTC to see how things would develop. I remember some days I was involved in had some pretty heated arguments, and it seemed like things got more intense on a few of its later days. I also began to notice that double zero jokes were becoming more common, and it wasn't long before I returned to the RTC because I wanted to share a double zero joke I had in mind for quite some time (not to mention I had a few ideas that I was interested in discussing). Following that, I posted there until the last nomination before the week of re-rates on the character boards final week before closing, mainly because I was busy with midterms around that time. Thus, during September through October, much of my activity on Smashboards involved ratings in the RTC or general discussion in the Layton support thread.

Some of you might be wondering why am I feeling nostalgic over something that wasn't happily viewed upon at the time. I'll get to that. What I will say is that even I will admit the DLC speculation days wasn't a fun time either. I remember seeing how vicious some arguments,, regarding speculation, turned into during that time. It was because of that I mainly visited the Smash DLC discussion thread to answer "daily questions" and not to hop in on an argument. Even the DLC RTC thread at the time had some of those disappointing moments. A part of me was looking forward to the day DLC would end so that things would calm down.

But there were some positive things that came out of the RTC experience for me. Like I previously mentioned, it gave me more insight about Smash speculation and which factors are the most important aspects regarding where a character stands. I could pretty much say the same for the Pokken DLC. It was also a pretty great place for gathering more support for certain characters and ideas, not to mention there were some great people there. In some ways, it was even an empowering experience, especially when it came to Gallade. At first, it felt like a defeat seeing some of the want scores, but as the weeks went by, I felt some deepened appreciation for the character. Seeing some others interested in someone that I wanted motivated me to push the character to appear in those polls that came around September. I don't know if interest for the character went up or down, but either way, it was an interesting ride.

Following the character boards shut down, I started to be involved in the Forum Games section on Smashboards. This would eventually become one of my most frequent places to visit to this day, and I had to admit I'm pretty grateful I discovered this section because it had lots of fun threads to partake in, namely "Rate the avatar above you", "Character in above person's friends avatar is after you, what do you," "Caption the avatar above you," "Quote the character in your avatar," are the ones I enjoyed the most. It was also around that time that the character boards were moved to a social group, and it was there that I finally became much more open to other characters' threads than I was in the days prior. I even became the new owner of the Layton support thread there.

Smash DLC then came to an end during the December Direct. On one hand, a part of me was happy speculation would no longer be this heated for a while. On the other hand, I felt saddened about that, because none of my most wanted characters made it in and it would be a while until the next Smash was out. I was happy to see the new character boards didn't shut down around that time, so I still posted in a few threads here and there.

I wondered where else could I be involved in Smashboards now that the Smash 4 newcomer hype was done. This was where the socials came into play. I remember being hyped for the new Pokken reveals around December, and I wanted to expand my hype for Pokken elsewhere and not just the Pokken RTC and Pokken discussion threads that I was involved in. Enter the NintenZone Social, where I noticed more Pokken newcomer hype. As the days went on and I got more notifications about the posts being made there, I noticed what a fun place this was. I began to post there more often, and before long, I really began to enjoy my time there because many of the users there were individuals who shared similar interests that I had. I also noticed that this was the social where many people I met in the DLC RTC thread and the Layton support thread hung out, and because there were lots of wonderful users from both of those friends, that was another reason why I came to enjoy this social.

I also discovered two more socials that really interested me: the Smash 4 social and the Corrin social. The Smash 4 social seemed like another fun social that I could partake in for similar reasons to the NintenZone social, while the Corrin social was great for me because I was becoming more interested in seeing Corrin in Smash as well as the release of Fates. And now, I enjoy visiting the latter thread because it's where most of my discussions regarding Fire Emblem Fates take place.

As the months went by, I came to enjoy my time in all three socials. I even noticed a new RTC for Smash 5 popped up a few months later, and I came to participate in that thread because I thought it'd be fun to speculate about Smash 5. I've also become involved in the Sun and Moon discussion thread because I was as hyped for the generation 7 games as everyone else was.

------

Phew, that was quite the trip down memory lane I had there. So where is this going? It is leading me to this very moment to express my gratitude. That being said...

• Thank you to all those involved in the original Layton support thread for giving me the chance to interact with other Layton fans.
  • Thank you to all those involved in the character support threads I've been a part of for letting me know I'm not the only one who supports certain characters for Smash, as well as being fun to interact with.
  • Thank you to all those involved in the RTC threads and the writers of Source Gaming for improving my Smash speculation knowledge
  • Thank you to all those who partake in the Forums Games section for being fun people to interact with when I need to find something fun to do on Smashboards when I'm bored
  • Thank you to all those in the NintenZone, Smash 4, and Corrin Socials for making me feel welcome and getting the chance to interact with an awesome community.
  • And most of all, thank you Smashboards for giving me something that I can enjoy in my free time.
I could do specific shoutouts, but I think it's best to save that for the day I leave Smashboards. Don't worry, my spark for this website hasn't died down yet. I still wanted to express my gratitude after looking back at what Smashboards has given me over the course of 1000 posts, so that's why I wanted to give my thanks to the communities I've become a part of.

Will I join more socials/active threads in the future? Who knows, but that seems likely. It's great to be a part of such an amazing website, and here's to even more fun times in the future!

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pfft I don't even think you can (legally) get it anymore if it was a DSiware game not made by WayForward.

But like...

At least the combat looks in some level engaging and with something of a twist.
You can still get it on the 3DS eShop & DSiWare shop (though the latter is going to close in the near future)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Music to listen to for the full effect:

As of today, I have finally reached 1000 posts, so I thought I'd leave a special message to mark this occasion by taking a trip down memory lane.

It's hard to believe that how much time in Smashboards has changed over the years. Roughly one month from now, it'll be my second year anniversary when I first created my account for this site.

I've been lurking on the website for all while, mainly visiting the threads of characters that I supported for Smash 4. That said, I still remember how my early days on Smashboards were like. It was mostly just visiting a few casual threads and giving some thoughts about the topic, but much of my activity could be found in the Professor Layton support thread. In fact, my very first post on Smashboards was asking to be added on the supporter list for it. From there, I had a lot of fun, sharing ideas how Layton could work in Smash and interacting with other people who were also huge fans of the Professor Layton games just like I was.

Between Smash WiiU's release and May, I wasn't that active in Smashboards. I didn't have much incentive to visit other than to discuss Layton in Smash, though the DLC hype that followed Mewtwo's inclusion made me more interested in visiting Smashboards in the past. It was around that time I was introduced to the RTC thread. I remember joining it for similar reasons like how some people first got involved there: "Hey everyone, our character is being rated tomorrow. We need to visit the thread and make sure our character does well!" And what character was the one that got me involved there? Well, my most wanted of course. As I looked more into RTC after giving my thoughts on Layton's chances, I remember being interested how a different video game character would be rated each day, where not only would the thread focus on a character's chances of being in Smash, but also a character's want score, an averaged score regarding how much people want the character in Smash. The want scores made me interested in rating two characters that I was also interested in seeing in Smash: Descole from the Layton games and Gallade.

In the weeks that followed, I decided to take part in this RTC thread to discuss my thoughts about a character's chances and if I would be interested in seeing him/her in Smash, as well as continue nominating the two characters I was interested in seeing being rated. Seeing other people's posts about what they thought about a character's chances helped me expand my knowledge on Smash speculation and allowed me to learn more about where a character could stand when it comes to Smash and what factors are important when discussing them.

When looking back though, a part of me does regret nominating Descole. I remember most of the people in the thread that day were not very happy at the idea of rating a character whose series' title protagonist wasn't in the game yet. I didn't want to rate Descole for the lolz like some characters prior and after him were. I was mainly interested in seeing if there were other people that wanted to see him in Smash like I did. Descole didn't go very well, ending up with lowest chance score for about a month and a low want score too. To be honest, I wasn't surprised that Descole would do this bad. I was at least happy to see I wasn't the only person that had some sort of interest in seeing this character as a fighter. That day taught me to wait on rating a certain character until its series' main protagonist was in Smash.

Similarly, I nominated Gallade because I wanted to see who else was interested in seeing him in Smash. Gallade didn't do as bad as Descole when it came to the chances, though he did a receive a rather low want score compared to other Pokemon rated in the past that were in a similar boat he was in when it came to chances. I guess the reason for the latter was because there was a "Pokemon fatigue" going on in the thread's later days. Once the two characters I wanted to see rated got their days, I left the RTC thread.

Over the past few weeks, I mainly browsed each day of the RTC to see how things would develop. I remember some days I was involved in had some pretty heated arguments, and it seemed like things got more intense on a few of its later days. I also began to notice that double zero jokes were becoming more common, and it wasn't long before I returned to the RTC because I wanted to share a double zero joke I had in mind for quite some time (not to mention I had a few ideas that I was interested in discussing). Following that, I posted there until the last nomination before the week of re-rates on the character boards final week before closing, mainly because I was busy with midterms around that time. Thus, during September through October, much of my activity on Smashboards involved ratings in the RTC or general discussion in the Layton support thread.

Some of you might be wondering why am I feeling nostalgic over something that wasn't happily viewed upon at the time. I'll get to that. What I will say is that even I will admit the DLC speculation days wasn't a fun time either. I remember seeing how vicious some arguments,, regarding speculation, turned into during that time. It was because of that I mainly visited the Smash DLC discussion thread to answer "daily questions" and not to hop in on an argument. Even the DLC RTC thread at the time had some of those disappointing moments. A part of me was looking forward to the day DLC would end so that things would calm down.

But there were some positive things that came out of the RTC experience for me. Like I previously mentioned, it gave me more insight about Smash speculation and which factors are the most important aspects regarding where a character stands. I could pretty much say the same for the Pokken DLC. It was also a pretty great place for gathering more support for certain characters and ideas, not to mention there were some great people there. In some ways, it was even an empowering experience, especially when it came to Gallade. At first, it felt like a defeat seeing some of the want scores, but as the weeks went by, I felt some deepened appreciation for the character. Seeing some others interested in someone that I wanted motivated me to push the character to appear in those polls that came around September. I don't know if interest for the character went up or down, but either way, it was an interesting ride.

Following the character boards shut down, I started to be involved in the Forum Games section on Smashboards. This would eventually become one of my most frequent places to visit to this day, and I had to admit I'm pretty grateful I discovered this section because it had lots of fun threads to partake in, namely "Rate the avatar above you", "Character in above person's friends avatar is after you, what do you," "Caption the avatar above you," "Quote the character in your avatar," are the ones I enjoyed the most. It was also around that time that the character boards were moved to a social group, and it was there that I finally became much more open to other characters' threads than I was in the days prior. I even became the new owner of the Layton support thread there.

Smash DLC then came to an end during the December Direct. On one hand, a part of me was happy speculation would no longer be this heated for a while. On the other hand, I felt saddened about that, because none of my most wanted characters made it in and it would be a while until the next Smash was out. I was happy to see the new character boards didn't shut down around that time, so I still posted in a few threads here and there.

I wondered where else could I be involved in Smashboards now that the Smash 4 newcomer hype was done. This was where the socials came into play. I remember being hyped for the new Pokken reveals around December, and I wanted to expand my hype for Pokken elsewhere and not just the Pokken RTC and Pokken discussion threads that I was involved in. Enter the NintenZone Social, where I noticed more Pokken newcomer hype. As the days went on and I got more notifications about the posts being made there, I noticed what a fun place this was. I began to post there more often, and before long, I really began to enjoy my time there because many of the users there were individuals who shared similar interests that I had. I also noticed that this was the social where many people I met in the DLC RTC thread and the Layton support thread hung out, and because there were lots of wonderful users from both of those friends, that was another reason why I came to enjoy this social.

I also discovered two more socials that really interested me: the Smash 4 social and the Corrin social. The Smash 4 social seemed like another fun social that I could partake in for similar reasons to the NintenZone social, while the Corrin social was great for me because I was becoming more interested in seeing Corrin in Smash as well as the release of Fates. And now, I enjoy visiting the latter thread because it's where most of my discussions regarding Fire Emblem Fates take place.

As the months went by, I came to enjoy my time in all three socials. I even noticed a new RTC for Smash 5 popped up a few months later, and I came to participate in that thread because I thought it'd be fun to speculate about Smash 5. I've also become involved in the Sun and Moon discussion thread because I was as hyped for the generation 7 games as everyone else was.

------

Phew, that was quite the trip down memory lane I had there. So where is this going? It is leading me to this very moment to express my gratitude. That being said...

• Thank you to all those involved in the original Layton support thread for giving me the chance to interact with other Layton fans.
  • Thank you to all those involved in the character support threads I've been a part of for letting me know I'm not the only one who supports certain characters for Smash, as well as being fun to interact with.
  • Thank you to all those involved in the RTC threads and the writers of Source Gaming for improving my Smash speculation knowledge
  • Thank you to all those who partake in the Forums Games section for being fun people to interact with when I need to find something fun to do on Smashboards when I'm bored
  • Thank you to all those in the NintenZone, Smash 4, and Corrin Socials for making me feel welcome and getting the chance to interact with an awesome community.
  • And most of all, thank you Smashboards for giving me something that I can enjoy in my free time.
I could do specific shoutouts, but I think it's best to save that for the day I leave Smashboards. Don't worry, my spark for this website hasn't died down yet. I still wanted to express my gratitude after looking back at what Smashboards has given me over the course of 1000 posts, so that's why I wanted to give my thanks to the communities I've become a part of.

Will I join more socials/active threads in the future? Who knows, but that seems likely. It's great to be a part of such an amazing website, and here's to even more fun times in the future!
Glad you're having a good time here, Erureido.

Thank YOU for sticking around so long. I appreciate having one other person to talk about AoT with. :laugh:

Here's to another 1000!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So do you think Eternal Flower Floette will be officially distributed in Pokémon Sun & Moon? It doesn't look like it's coming to X/Y/ΩR/αS at this rate.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, Gamexplain uploaded their Pokemon analy--
40 ****ING MINUTES!? Did they find the meaning of life in the trailer or what?
Guess I'll be back later

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh hey, Gamexplain uploaded their Pokemon analy--
40 ****ING MINUTES!? Did they find the meaning of life in the trailer or what?
Guess I'll be back later
Well hey, talking about the symbolic representation of Ninetails' mane with a Hawaiian death goddess takes a lot of hard work. It happens.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So do you think Eternal Flower Floette will be officially distributed in Pokémon Sun & Moon? It doesn't look like it's coming to X/Y/ΩR/αS at this rate.
One of the Sun and Moon leaks, the Reddit one, that is gaining some credibility now hints that some characters from past games will appear such as Blue, Lance, Zinnia, AZ, etc. If AZ really will appear in those games, I can see him giving his Floette to you as a gift.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Serebii has said Volcanion is going to distributed in North America & Europe this October.

Just a month before Sun & Moon!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Holy **** Minior's great. That shell makes it immune to status conditions. This thing's gonna be great, and it's Core form gives it a speed boost. I want it now GF

Online or in stores?
They're saying in store.

Level 70 with Steam Eruption, Flamethrower, Hydro Pump, & Explosion holding Assault Vest.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've missed out on so many event legends for X/Y and ORAS it's not even funny...I'm not really worried about it though, I don't really use legends that much to begin with and I can't be bothered trying to fill up the entire Pokedex as I've so little time to dedicate to that...

I did manage to get the Shiny Mega Rayquaza though...not gonna miss out on that Majestic beast!

Last edited:

Chrono.

That would make sense.

Both rumors that popped up mention Rockruff having multiple evolutions, only one so far has alluded to the starters having multiple ones.

...Someone needs to reorganize the rumors so we don't mix em' up.
I found an image that combines most of the leaks along with what they've got right and wrong.

Hey, 4chan listened to me. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom