• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sharing because of the message in this video...Not like it needs to be said (though for some it kind of does), but for those who are still playing Pokemon Go when visiting certain areas, you need to have a better purpose beyond farming at Pokestops...This is the real world we are playing the game in afterall...

warning: some feels...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't even understand why people would cheat at this point.

My cousin hacked the game after the update so she could get higher leveled Pokémon more easily, since she was peeved with how the update made it much harder to raise Pokémon. And I'm just here thinking, if a game requires you to cheat or hack it to get any enjoyment in it or to make any progress, then it's simply not a good game and there is literally no point in wasting your time with it.

Like, when the microtransactions in a F2P mobile game aren't even that useful at all (either because the items are abundant at Pokéstops or the update has screwed the game up to a point where the stuff isn't that useful anyway), you know there is a problem.
I took me a week and a half to evolve a second nidoking

and I got a worse one than the first. That's why I'd be willing to cheat

Also, getting my favorite pokemon - Blastoise. I have caught less than 1 squirtle a day. At 125 candies to get Blastoise, that's 32 Squirtles I need to get. It'll take more than a month to get one

But even when I get a Blastoise, there is a random chance it'll have bad moves.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, would you look at that.
I honestly think he means "Thanks a lot for ruining my party game.", but hey that's just me.

:troll:

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, would you look at that.
I honestly think he means "Thanks a lot for ruining my party game.", but hey that's just me.

:troll:

Well, happy birthday to Sakurai regardless! :D

So today is 3rd August, 2016. What day is it today?

Its Phoenix Wright Going On The Right Path In Becoming A Lead Defense Attorney Day? :p

Last edited:

To anyone who doesn't play Pokemon GO this is what you are missing out on

I stole this from Twitter
Specifically I stole it from SonicBrawler/ChikoLad
So today is 3rd August, 2016. What day is it today?

Obligatory

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
GameXplain theorized that Marowack is getting an Alola form that's fire type

And that is twirls around a flaming stick like those fire dancers in hawaii

Something to do with the fire island captain guy

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think what would help me with pokemon Go is just making it so that the moves pokemon have when evolving aren't random

I want to know if it's good before evolving. Especially pokemon that take me a long time to gather

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Soon, soon we will see who much of a train wreck Bleach's ending will be. Meanwhile, I can laugh in the face of the Onodera fans because why not?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I took me a week and a half to evolve a second nidoking

and I got a worse one than the first. That's why I'd be willing to cheat

Also, getting my favorite pokemon - Blastoise. I have caught less than 1 squirtle a day. At 125 candies to get Blastoise, that's 32 Squirtles I need to get. It'll take more than a month to get one

But even when I get a Blastoise, there is a random chance it'll have bad moves.
My point is though - when you are at this point where you realise the game is bad and feel the need to cheat to get any enjoyment out of it...why not just do something better? Like play a better game, rather than a barely functional, stingy mess? What's the point in cheating when the game isn't good?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My point is though - when you are at this point where you realise the game is bad and feel the need to cheat to get any enjoyment out of it...why not just do something better? Like play a better game, rather than a barely functional, stingy mess? What's the point in cheating when the game isn't good?
Well, they have discussed the possibility of breeding

If I can choose what pokemon hatches from an egg, that'll solve most of my problems

...As soon as I find some exeggutor to breed

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Good afternoon mates. Anything big today other than the usual Pokemon Go craze?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to transfer a squirtle into gen 7 and have it as my starter

Give it the Ice Z-Crystal and decimate everything

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think I'm going to transfer a squirtle into gen 7 and have it as my starter

Give it the Ice Z-Crystal and decimate everything
That's right, we can have any gen 1 mon at the start of Sun and Moon. That could make for some fun play throughs, but I'll stick with new mons only first.

I hope we get the details of Bank soon, although we will probably get those closer to release, so maybe in September or October.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not the kind to usually post internet stupidity stuff, but this caught my eye. :laugh:

https://www.change.org/p/rottentomatoes-com-shutdown-rotten-tomatoes

We need this site to be shut down because It's Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews, Like

1- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2016

2- Suicide Squad 2016

and that Affects people's opinion even if it's a really great movies
Dat grammar.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People trying to censor others' opinions because it's not their own? Well, color me surprised. :rolleyes:

"Wah wah wah, some guy spoke ill of MY favorite thing! That's wrong and offensive. I must silence them in name of my good taste!"

You know who else acts like that? SJWs.

I could be playing a game, watching an anime or a movie rated 1/10 by a bunch of reviewers, but if I enjoyed it, I couldn't care less. I would have my own opinion, as the reviewers would have theirs.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Screenshot (170).png

AZ Move

This seems pretty coincidental. Although according to leaks AZ is suppose to be in the game, so maybe AZ and Zygarde tie into these?

What if the life energy created by the ultimate weapon caused these powerful moves to be achieved when harnessed?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Even if half the rumors are true then Gen 7 will be the biggest shake up since Abilities.

One thing I dont' get, the rumors seem to be saying that Pokemon transferred from Gen 1 keep their typings. So Celfairy's gonna go back to normal type?

Even if half the rumors are true then Gen 7 will be the biggest shake up since Abilities.
Indeed. Which reminds me, we haven't gotten any info about villanous team yet. Could it be that there won't be one in Sun & Moon?

One thing I dont' get, the rumors seem to be saying that Pokemon transferred from Gen 1 keep their typings. So Celfairy's gonna go back to normal type?
This baffles me, as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When was this confirmed? I mean, we knew the whole VC transfer stuff from the get go, but when was it confirmed that we could transfer right away?

:094:
Poke bank is usable at any time once you have a pokemon, so within in 5 minutes, if you can get to a pc, you would be able to transfer them. So it should work the same for Sun and Moon.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The irony hurts, somebody call an ambulance
Wasn't this the guy that went insane with Sonic stories and sued to get his characters back even though they're owned by Sega?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wasn't this the guy that went insane with Sonic stories and sued to get his characters back even though they're owned by Sega?
Yes, because he made those characters in the comics. Sadly, he won, so those characters couldn't be used again. Also, Archie's getting sued for Sonic comics because there's an evil elephant. Why? There was one a long time ago who only appeared in that Titan Tails ****

D

Deleted member

That's the only rumor I don't believe tbh
It would be just stupid as there would be literally no visual difference between Normal!Clefairy and Fairy!Clefairy unlike the Alola forms
I also believe that's also the rumor that says Pokemon transfered from past Gens will learn the same moves as they do in ORAS and not get their new learnsets even though in every past game they were able to do so

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, even as reliable rumors, Sun & Moon are looking very mind blowing compared to other generation shifts.

Also, @Fumi-Chan! Just curious, is there any difference between Yo-Kai 2: Fleshy Souls & Bony Spirits beyond available monsters? I'm leaning towards Fleshy Souls right now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As much as I dislike Penders, I think people are misreading this tweet.

If you don't know, SEGA and Archie Comics are currently facing another lawsuit from an ex-writer/artist of the Archie Comics, named Scott Fulop. He's suing SEGA and Archie for a lot of money, for making digital reprints of pre-reboot Sonic comics (the Archie Sonic comics rebooted and cut a lot of characters made by ex-writers after the Worlds Collide Mega Man crossover), that feature his characters. He didn't get any compensation for SEGA/Archie re-using these characters in re-prints, nor was he asked permission to use them.

There are almost 1,000 examples of SEGA/Archie breaking copyright laws because of this, due to the amount of times those characters were featured without permission from their copyright holder (Scott Fulop).

Penders' tweet is pointing out how he would personally love to straight up use Knuckles for his Lara-Su Chronicles comic, but he won't because that would require him either breaking laws ("lawyers need to get paid"), or paying a lot of money to SEGA ("$ is an issue") because they own the character. However, SEGA/Archie legitimately have broken the law by using these characters without permission.

Penders has no involvement with the filing of the lawsuit, but he was called as witness, IIRC.

Either way, SEGA will be fine, but things don't look good for Archie or their Sonic comics. Depending on how this is resolved, this could spell the end for both. Irony hurts, indeed. And this is a legitimate offense on the part of SEGA/Archie. I know people will jump at Fulop thinking he's another Penders, or because they don't like his characters. However, he still is their copyright owner, and SEGA/Archie can't just go using the characters without asking him and arranging compensation.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's another similar lawsuit with Scott Fulop that just got announced yesterday. Claiming almost 1,000 examples of copyright infringement.
http://www.tssznews.com/2016/08/03/...s-of-alleged-copyright-infingement-in-comics/
If it goes through, things won't be looking too hot for Archie and the Sonic comics.

EDIT: Beat to the punch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom