• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So someone thought the idea of Orange Island's Crystal Onix could be an Alolan Form (I can see where he's coming from as both Orange Island & Alola are both a chain of tropical islands).

But I'm not banking on it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So someone thought the idea of Orange Island's Crystal Onix could be an Alolan Form (I can see where he's coming from as both Orange Island & Alola are both a chain of tropical islands).

But I'm not banking on it.
I don't buy it.
For one major reason.
I don't see anything with a Mega getting an Alolan form.

How I feel about the topic

*That isn't generations or Heroes, which I have played.

Probably should have got that sonic bundle when I had the chance.
:061:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Heh.
Someone got Steam working on the PS4 using the linux exploit lol. Can't wait to see now if the Wii U emulator works on there xD.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Crystal Onyx would be cool and all but you can't exactly make a Crystal Steelix be much different than normal Steelix

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They could recolor steelix to bbe brighter and have multi colored crystals.

I'd love the Crystal Onix to happen, it be a cool throwback.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"What was Pocket Adventure?"

Lucky you, one of your fellow thread-goers has History of Sonic The Hedgehog on their bookshelf.

Sonic Pocket Adventure was a. . .uh. . .from what I can tell it was apparently a repurposing and modification of some classic Sonic levels, particularly Sonic 2 but there's a 3&K screenshot as well, done in a lower visual quality than the original games they were from and released for the NeoGeo Pocket. With some link cable multiplayer game modes.

If that is what IGN considers to be the pinnacle of the Sonic series, then I'm not sure what to say.
I haven't played Pocket Adventure, but from what I've seen of it, the game is actually quite good. Not better than the Classic trilogy or anything, but certainly a fun, small game with a similar gameplay style.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of Steven Universe, I don't know if I will ever watch it, but someone behind the show is pretty awesome. This kind of reference is unprecedented.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Jasper is Sonic, does that make:

Amethyst

Amy?

And these past few Steven Universes have made Jasper a pretty interesting character.I'm likely what they've done.
Speaking of Steven Universe, I don't know if I will ever watch it, but someone behind the show is pretty awesome. This kind of reference is unprecedented.

That was tonight's episode. When I saw that, I thought it was pretty neat. The show has some cool Easter eggs in it from gaming, to Tv shows and more.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I never commented on the fact that yesterday's SU episode made something the fanbase has wanted for a while a reality

Stevonnie fighting with both sword and shield.
Pretty hype. These multiple bombs in a row is pretty crazy.

Amethyst

Amy?

And these past few Steven Universes have made Jasper a pretty interesting character.I'm likely what they've done.

That was tonight's episode. When I saw that, I thought it was pretty neat. The show has some cool Easter eggs in it from gaming, to Tv shows and more.
Nah Amethyst is Sonic and Jasper is Shadow.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

It may have also been more a reference to the fact that the Gamecube was originally called Project dolphin than a reference to the emulator. Still cool though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It may have also been more a reference to the fact that the Gamecube was originally called Project dolphin than a reference to the emulator. Still cool though.
I thought that's what Chiko meant... As they can't used Gamecube( Because it is a Gamecube), but they could use it's proto name.

Oh yeah I never commented on the fact that yesterday's SU episode made something the fanbase has wanted for a while a reality

Stevonnie fighting with both sword and shield.
Pretty hype. These multiple bombs in a row is pretty crazy.

Nah Amethyst is Sonic and Jasper is Shadow.
That works incredibly well actually.

And Yesterday's was pretty awesome with that scene. The best line was this:

"I guess she lives in the ocean now"

I said that seconds before that and laughed. It makes no sense but is hilarious. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode! It's also the 100th episode of the series! Then Friday ends with a multiple part episode, so I can't wait to see what happens!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Amethyst

Amy?

But that's not all, there was also a figurine of Sanic Jr. (the fat Got to Go Fast drawing) in Steven the Sword Fighter.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But that's not all, there was also a figurine of Sanic Jr. (the fat Got to Go Fast drawing) in Steven the Sword Fighter.

Tfw the Crewniverse is actually danker than I've thought.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I thought that's what Chiko meant... As they can't used Gamecube( Because it is a Gamecube), but they could use it's proto name.
That wasn't clear to me. The fact that it was a tweet from Dolphin Emulator made it seem to me like they thought it was a reference to said emulator.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There's another similar lawsuit with Scott Fulop that just got announced yesterday. Claiming almost 1,000 examples of copyright infringement.

If it goes through, things won't be looking too hot for Archie and the Sonic comics.

EDIT: Beat to the punch.
Given Archie was running low on money/putting all their eggs in one basket with the Archie reboots, at least the last time I checked, there goes any hope I had for them bringing back Mega Man as well. Hopefully they will be allowed to finish the Unleashed storyline.

Off topic mode activated!

The worst part about Elite Beat Agents is that if you hear one of the songs from the game, all of a sudden you will want to play EBA . . . even if you are in the middle of work and can't play no matter how badly you want to.
Just do what these guys did and give into your inner agent. :starman:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That wasn't clear to me. The fact that it was a tweet from Dolphin Emulator made it seem to me like they thought it was a reference to said emulator.
Oh I see, then I can understand. It certainly could be a reference to both, or a coincidence as well.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
only cartoon network kids will remember this high quality rip

INB4 the N64 equivalent is called "Ultra 64," the Wii equivalent "Revolution," and so on

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, even as reliable rumors, Sun & Moon are looking very mind blowing compared to other generation shifts.

Also, BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Just curious, is there any difference between Yo-Kai 2: Fleshy Souls & Bony Spirits beyond available monsters? I'm leaning towards Fleshy Souls right now.
These are the exclusives:

Bony Spirits:
http://youkai-gh.g-takumi.com/youkai_list.php?youkai_id=&name=&gentei=1&boss=0&get=0

Fleshy Souls:
http://youkai-gh.g-takumi.com/youkai_list.php?youkai_id=&name=&gentei=2&boss=0&get=0

Fleshy Souls has more of my favorite Yo-kai, but it's up to you.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Steven Universe's April Fools Day crossover episode straight up had a melee parody

And people thought Smash 4's rolls were OP.
So that's what happened to Robot Jones.

Onto another topic, Pokémon GO has been released here in Chile (oh and the rest of South America and such).

Im off to a great start. Why? because when i tried to put a name (because Professor Willow forced me to) i tried to put my username and it failed. I tried to put my real name and it failed, i tried to put my name backwards and it failed, i tried to use the name Red and it failed.

It kept bringing this "name is not available" crud, but do you know what it accepted? It accepted the name "kpopppp", im not kidding.

I already catched my starter Charmander, and i'll try the game tomorrow (though i don't have any good expectations, especially with how Niantic is handling things)

Chrono.

Pokemon GO actually accepted my real name, then again it's probably weird enough for it not to be available.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, at work when we transfer money now, we have to ask the customer

"What is your nation of birth"

I have no idea what the hell that's relevant to, and I just know that's going to offend someone

I kind of feel all SJW over this

Like, they are profiling or discriminating or something

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm Just_a_squid in Pokémon Go. Best I could come up with if my name wouldn't work. Also in relation to other things - I'm quite interested in the Rowlet evolution leak, and maybe it might become a favourite that I might want to push for Smash Bros next time around. And I saw Steven Universe talk. I love me some StUniverse - absolutely enjoy watching it with my sis, but now that she's currently working in Japan, I haven't been able to watch it on my own... That should change, provided the uni workload doesn't kill me.

And we're now in to the Ace Attorney timeline now, and we've already seen the cross-examination of a parrot. What a time to live in!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm "PsychoIncarnate" in pokemon Go

I'm a black girl with purple hair (In the game)

My real name probably wouldn't have fit my character

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Almost every name I tried was taken for me in Pokemon Go...

I eventually went with TriforceMetroid, because it actually worked...I suppose it's fun letting other people know what other games I play...I always like naming a lot of Pokemon after Zelda and Metroid stuff anyway...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gold316 is my handle. Based off my favorite PKMN character of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom