• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This year marks the 30th anniversary of Castlevania, and i hope they don't do anything with it's anniversary either, Konami already screwed over Castlevania before they became insane.
Too late. Castlevania I & II are already set be included with the NES Mini. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Dreamworks, really? Was Home that good of a movie that it needed a low budget Netflix show like The Croods? Why?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Too late. Castlevania I & II are already set be included with the NES Mini. :p
Ha ha, i get it, but im still not over the lack of CV III.

But really if they were to do something with CV, the best thing they could do would be releasing the missing games to the Virtual Console (Belmont's Revenge, Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood and the DS Trilogy).

Burruni

Smash Hero
That feeling when you have Sword Art Online merchandise, but haven't actually considered watching the anime itself recently due to lack of interest or other reasons. To be honest though, I might as least give it a watch in some form so I don't make people think I bought that merchandise for nothing. >_<
Save yourself and just don't watch it.
It was a show with an serious take on a mildly cliche story type and then stopped having the teeth to be serious and became poorly written action surrounding harem crap.
Overfilled with nonsensical and downright disturbing at times fanservice.
A number of things I worry I might get infracted for actually going into detail for.
Just... GODS.
It's like every "diehard FE fan" complaint with Awakening & Fates except double it and make it an anime.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm still debating whether or not to get that game.

On one hand, some of fun stuff looks super fun (Sonic, Simpsons, Portal), but I'm only interested in a small amount of the IPs. And considering some things are locked for certain characters, I feel like I won't get my moneys worth.

I'm still interested in seeing it, I think it can be a pretty decent popcorn movie.
From my perspective, I'm not too worried about whether I enjoy the game or not, as I know LEGO games are good, from experience (LEGO City Undercover in particular, is an underrated gem for the Wii U).

And I don't mind if I can't 100% the game because I don't have all of the characters. And from what I've seen and heard from people who play the game, Sonic pretty much breaks the game anyway, so you should be able to get most things with just him. At the very least, anything involving traversal isn't a problem for him, even if he doesn't have the "expected" skill. He also has the "Athletic" ability that Wildstyle has, so you can even replace her with Sonic for most sections that would require her (only thing you'll need her for is Master Builder stuff).

And I have enough IPs I'm interested. Sonic, Portal, Midway Arcade, LEGO City Undercover, Scooby Doo. And then my sister might want to get a few of the more Hollywood stuff like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and the Simpsons anyway.

The problem just comes in the individual price of the Packs. Like it's kinda insane. While you do get a fair bit of content from a Level Pack, I still wouldn't say they're worth €40 unless you REALLY like that brand (in which case, Sonic is a lock for me). I mean, you could buy a brand new 3DS game for that price, nearly. While I kinda understand why it costs that much (it likely funds the development of the game worlds, not to mention getting the licenses for more characters), from a consumer's standpoint, it's a lot to swallow. Especially since the toys don't seem to have much interactivity within the game. While I know Dimensions does use it's portal toy for actual gameplay, which is cool, the characters themselves don't really seem to grow or progress much in terms of upgrades. So the toys are mostly just keys for unlocking characters, vehicles, and levels, and nothing more.

I won't worry about it too much now. I'll buy Sonic when he comes out. And maybe the game itself will be on sale for Christmas or something. If not, I'll still get it then.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Dreamworks, really? Was Home that good of a movie that it needed a low budget Netflix show like The Croods? Why?
Money. The move itself is just your standard kids movie that focuses on too many pop culture gags and juvenile humor. Rihanna was never a good fit for a girl who's supposed to be a young kid, but they went along with it because "celebrity voices sell".

Still won't stop Dreamworks from making more money out of it since they can't make a sequel for more cash (Because that's what the upcoming Shrek 5 is for).

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Save yourself and just don't watch it.
It was a show with an serious take on a mildly cliche story type and then stopped having the teeth to be serious and became poorly written action surrounding harem crap.
Overfilled with nonsensical and downright disturbing at times fanservice.
A number of things I worry I might get infracted for actually going into detail for.
Just... GODS.
It's like every "diehard FE fan" complaint with Awakening & Fates except double it and make it an anime.
Well... This sounds rather serious. o_o

Would this include at least the first 5-6 episodes of Season 1? If I had to go to a stopping point, that seems to be a good idea since people have said Season 1 was alright (if I'm not mistaken). I just don't want people to ask me if I've seen SOA or see my merchandise (which is like 1-2 shirts and a few POP! figures) and ask about that and I have to end up telling them the truth. >_<

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
From my perspective, I'm not too worried about whether I enjoy the game or not, as I know LEGO games are good, from experience (LEGO City Undercover in particular, is an underrated gem for the Wii U).

And I don't mind if I can't 100% the game because I don't have all of the characters. And from what I've seen and heard from people who play the game, Sonic pretty much breaks the game anyway, so you should be able to get most things with just him. At the very least, anything involving traversal isn't a problem for him, even if he doesn't have the "expected" skill. He also has the "Athletic" ability that Wildstyle has, so you can even replace her with Sonic for most sections that would require her (only thing you'll need her for is Master Builder stuff).

And I have enough IPs I'm interested. Sonic, Portal, Midway Arcade, LEGO City Undercover, Scooby Doo. And then my sister might want to get a few of the more Hollywood stuff like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and the Simpsons anyway.

The problem just comes in the individual price of the Packs. Like it's kinda insane. While you do get a fair bit of content from a Level Pack, I still wouldn't say they're worth €40 unless you REALLY like that brand (in which case, Sonic is a lock for me). I mean, you could buy a brand new 3DS game for that price, nearly. While I kinda understand why it costs that much (it likely funds the development of the game worlds, not to mention getting the licenses for more characters), from a consumer's standpoint, it's a lot to swallow. Especially since the toys don't seem to have much interactivity within the game. While I know Dimensions does use it's portal toy for actual gameplay, which is cool, the characters themselves don't really seem to grow or progress much in terms of upgrades. So the toys are mostly just keys for unlocking characters, vehicles, and levels, and nothing more.

I won't worry about it too much now. I'll buy Sonic when he comes out. And maybe the game itself will be on sale for Christmas or something. If not, I'll still get it then.
Like Psycho alluded to, this is more a problem with Lego themselves. They price by the amount of pieces included, and licensed ones tend to be more, so the prices are par the course for them. I remember seeing the special Disney Parks Cinderella Castle set go up and I was shocked at the three hundred dollar price tag...but even more shocked from the Lego fans saying it was a STEAL at that price by piece-to-dollar count. :laugh:
I'm still debating whether or not to gpet that game.

On one hand, some of fun stuff looks super fun (Sonic, Simpsons, Portal), but I'm only interested in a small amount of the IPs. And considering some things are locked for certain characters, I feel like I won't get my moneys worth.

I'm still interested in seeing it, I think it can be a pretty decent popcorn movie.
I'll probably still go see it as well. I'm worried that it's apparently not as colorful as the marketing suggests, as I've seen some say that, but it'll probably at least be a decent time waster at worst.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Would this include at least the first 5-6 episodes of Season 1? If I had to go to a stopping point, that seems to be a good idea since people have said Season 1 was alright (if I'm not mistaken). I just don't want people to ask me if I've seen SOA or see my merchandise and ask about that and I have to end up telling them the truth. >_<
I stopped watching fairly early in because my response was "So it's the .hack// base setup but with Attack on Titan's willingness to randomly kill of anyone they want at the drop of a hat? Ha no."

And have basically heard enough and seen enough to affirm my understanding of where it went. The mark of it "losing its teeth" comes I think towards the latter third of Season 1.

But... the fact that there is an officially written AND DETAILED "couple's personal scene" between Kirito and Asuna in chapter 16.5 should be more than enough to state that they dropped everything the series was originally meant to be.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I had an idea for something in a sandbox platformer I wanted to write down but I decided just sharing it and forgetting it might be a bad idea so I started typing it up in my OneNote and things. . .went off the rails a bit. Kept getting new ideas as I went along.

Let's say there's a feathery crested triceratops mob. They have three "build" variants, male, female, and child. Male is flashy like a peacock, female and child are more subdued like peahens and peachicks. But the mob also has "biome" color variants depending on where it's found, like RPG enemies but without calling it different animals. White ones in tundra, brown ones in forests, green ones in jungles, etc.

When you encounter them in the wild, they might attack you. But you can find a way to domesticate them. If you domesticate a female, she'll lay eggs every so often. Keep her by herself or only with other females, and the eggs will be cookable. Let her be able to interact directly with a male, and the eggs will generate with trike chicks inside. Feathertrikes can also be killed for guaranteed drops of steakbird meat, allowing them to also be bred for such. If two feathertrikes from different biomes are bred together, they will create a mottled hybrid with the biome colors of the two parents mixed together.

Feathertrikes can also be outfitted. With a little shopping or crafting, you can fit an adult one with a saddle and use it as a mount. With a bit more invested of shopping or crafting, you can create an entire set of battle armor for your fluffy dinosaur, ordered or crafted in the color and quality of your choice. Or you can just stick a lei on it and call it a day. Don't want to ride it? That's alright. You can also simply have them follow you wherever you go, and even the babies can tag along with that! An adult can even be used as your personal bodyguard.

You also have the option to name or rename your feathertrike at any time. No rifling through chests for name tags or going to the name tutor for you! And you'll have plenty of inspiration to name them with, too! Each one comes with one of a few different personalities. Jolly, stoic, curious, brash, affectionate, to name a few. And each one treats you and the world around them a little differently.

A lot of this isn't really that original, but uh. . .oh look I'm still thinking of details to add even as I type this up.

As elaborated as it is, the even more insane part is that it started as an idea that would apply to a number of the mobs you would encounter in a hypothetical game with this. It could probably still work like that give or take a feature too, come to think of it.

Anyone who would actually program this would have a heck of a time with it, though. But I just thought it might be cool to think of ways you could increase the immer-hang on, had another detail I wanted to add.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I stopped watching fairly early in because my response was "So it's the .hack// base setup but with Attack on Titan's willingness to randomly kill of anyone they want at the drop of a hat? Ha no."

And have basically heard enough and seen enough to affirm my understanding of where it went. The mark of it "losing its teeth" comes I think towards the latter third of Season 1.

But... the fact that there is an officially written AND DETAILED "couple's personal scene" between Kirito and Asuna in chapter 16.5 should be more than enough to state that they dropped everything the series was originally meant to be.
Welp; that is unfortunate. I had heard of it as good, but oh well.

Are you really positive I should avoid watching it at all? You did said "towards the latter third of Season 1", which implies to me that first half of Season 1 was the best in the entire anime series before it went slowly downhill.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp; that is unfortunate. I had heard of it as good, but oh well.

Are you really positive I should avoid watching it at all? You did said "towards the latter third of Season 1", which implies to me that first half of Season 1 was the best in the entire anime series before it went slowly downhill.
I mean.
Watch what you want.
Just... warning you as best I can that the show it /started/ as is nothing close to the show it /became/.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Would this include at least the first 5-6 episodes of Season 1? If I had to go to a stopping point, that seems to be a good idea since people have said Season 1 was alright (if I'm not mistaken). I just don't want people to ask me if I've seen SOA or see my merchandise and ask about that and I have to end up telling them the truth. >_<
Episode 4 is where it starts the nosedive into terrible territory. Then it progressively gets worse with each episode.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Episode 4 is where it starts the nosedive into terrible territory. Then it progressively gets worse with each episode.

I might just stop there then or if I'm daring enough, watch 1-2 more. But that's as far as I would plan on going.

I mean.
Watch what you want.
Just... warning you as best I can that the show it /started/ as is nothing close to the show it /became/.
Well, I appreciate your warning, Burruni. You gave me some hidden insight into the series that I never realized until now, so I thank you for that (I'm not a fan of excessive fanservice or anything that delves into that category). I do tend to make some daring decisions, but I might as well just watch the first few episodes as I mentioned above so I can tell people I at least saw it in some capacity if they ever bring it up.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Like...
Apologies to everyone on me "snapping" about it like that.
But...
God.
It's something special for a show to go from "It'll be one of those things people like but it's just not my style because its too dark and I can't trust the writers enough to get attached to any character," akin to AoT, to just... "Why does this still exist?"

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Like...
Apologies to everyone on me "snapping" about it like that.
But...
God.
It's something special for a show to go from "It'll be one of those things people like but it's just not my style because its too dark and I can't trust the writers enough to get attached to any character," akin to AoT, to just... "Why does this still exist?"
Don't worry about it; it's your views about the show based off what you have seen and heard. And to be honest, I really do believe you in saying that the series is questionable in terms of how it got up this far. It's a shame it did end up going on the fanservice route or stuff that basically cannot be mentioned here without infractions.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I might just stop there then or if I'm daring enough, watch 1-2 more. But that's as far as I would plan on going.

Well, I appreciate your warning, Burruni. You gave me some hidden insight into the series that I never realized until now, so I thank you for that (I'm not a fan of excessive fanservice or anything that delves into that category). I do tend to make some daring decisions, but I might as well just watch the first few episodes as I mentioned above so I can tell people I at least saw it in some capacity if they ever bring it up.
Episode 4 is where all the fanservice and harem BS really kicks off.
The two after didn't really have that but it was some pointless mystery that did nothing for the story.
Beyond that is fanservice and harem BS getting gradually turned up at the expense of literally everything else.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Episode 4 is where all the fanservice and harem BS really kicks off.
The two after didn't really have that but it was some pointless mystery that did nothing for the story.
Beyond that is fanservice and harem BS getting gradually turned up at the expense of literally everything else.
In that case, I'll stop at Episode 3 or 4 then (most likely 3). I dispise excessive fanservice/harem/anything else that falls under the category of suggestive. It just feels unnecessary and overused if I had to go there. It's the one thing I heavily dislike about anime whenever it appears.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My avatar is should be working by now.

Just reminds me of all the good things you can find on Pixiv.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What tumblr terminology?
"Birb" is another way of saying "bird" when you're on sites like Twitter and Tumblr. So it's basically another one of them memes that would make the sanest individual cringe.

Chrono.

Gotta say; these are indeed adorable! Well done to the artist!

On an unrelated note, I had a question for you; why does the character in your avatar/signature have two eyeball on the left and right side of her head?
A reference to Kyary, just like the rest of her.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
A reference to Kyary, just like the rest of her.

Ohhhhhh! I had a slight suspicion I recognized those eyes from some video. They seem to appear quite often in Japanese KPop (I think it was called?) videos. Japan sure has an interesting style of how they do things in this category if that is the right category. :p

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Is there an artist here who can take a request for me?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly speaking...

SAO isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

The Aincrad (sp?) Arc starts off strong, but yeah, quickly sort of loses it's focus. However, I don't think it's terrible as a whole. It has terrible moments, but there are enough redeeming qualities to just about trudge the show into mediocrity rather than pure terrible. It has really good fight scenes, and a stellar soundtrack. The visuals in general are very crisp too. And sometimes the use of the "game mechanics" can be pretty amusing, and I think some of the side characters are fun in their own right. And as far as fan service goes, it honestly isn't as bad as people make it out to be in this arc. I honestly can't remember much past the camera being at a "suspicious" angle sometimes, or the shipteasy stuff from Kirito and Asuna, and Kirito's extended harem. That stuff was not offensive though. It was boring but they rarely got sexual with that stuff and even if they did, it was very tame. Like, Naruto and DBZ are way more risque than Aincrad Arc SAO.

Most of the Aincrad Arc's issues just come from poor characterisation. Like, I won't even say bad story, because the scenarios were actually interesting. It's just that none of the characters are interesting enough to carry the story. Like, the shippy stuff and the harem stuff could have been entertaining. That stuff isn't inherently bad, and can be done well. Especially when integrated into the main story, rather than pushing it aside. They just don't do that here though.

Aincrad Arc was disappointing, but you have to have some serious bias to try and claim it's THAT bad.

Alfheim Arc is where the show becomes legitimately terrible though, and the fan service gets beyond homogenised teen romance shipteasing, and into disturbing fetish territory.

SAO2 is actually a legitimately good show, though.

Is there an artist here who can take a request for me?
I could do it next week, depending on what it is.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This is pretty cool:
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/08/02/nintendo-power-internet-archive/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheNextWeb+(The+Next+Web+All+Stories)

First 13 years of Nintendo Power are available for free online! It's a great magazine and may have fun details for people as fans and cool fan submissions, I'd recommend checking it out.

PushDustIn PushDustIn this may be something that interests you, if you need to look for stuff for source gaming articles.
Yeah I was pretty happy when I saw the news this morning! There's some issues that had some Smash coverage that I was missing, so it's good to have the scans so widely available!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah I was pretty happy when I saw the news this morning! There's some issues that had some Smash coverage that I was missing, so it's good to have the scans so widely available!
I can use this to upload various images for my Quest 64(and related games) Wikia~ Sweet.

I think I can easily unzip stuff via 9zip... including .Rar's.

Chrono.

>Starts reading Archie Megaman
>Learns that it's on hiatus and in danger of getting cancelled.

Well that's... not good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's good! Nintendo Power always had good stuff in it. This will definitely help out many people who look for articles and more for Nintendo discussions.

I might re read some of them when I get a chance as I always enjoyed it, but I have never owned or read most of the earlier ones.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tfw Team Litten is still mad about Tiger Mask evolution.

While here I am enjoying my fabulous Siren Seal evolution.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ha ha, i get it, but im still not over the lack of CV III.

But really if they were to do something with CV, the best thing they could do would be releasing the missing games to the Virtual Console (Belmont's Revenge, Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood and the DS Trilogy).
I just hope that NES Classic Edition does well in the holiday season that Nintendo would want to make a new NES Classic Edition with 30 more games... including Castlevania III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom