• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sonce I'll be Nuzlocking SM, I'm not planning on any team, though since I've liked most of the new Pokemon, I'll be using a "only new Pokemon" clause to use as many of them as possibld
I have a question: what Pokemon have you guys used in past games' teams?

I have used these:
Diamond: Torterra, Gyarados, Crobat, Steelix, Weavile, Drapion

HeartGold: Feraligatr, Pidgeot, Nidoking, Arbok, Magneton, Red Gyarados

White (first game where I actually planned my team): Emboar, Krookodile, Leavanny, Braviary, Carracosta, Zekrom

Black 2: Serperior, Krookodile, Galvantula, Golduck, Magmar, Skarmory

Y: Chesnaught, Charizard, Malamar, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Dragalge

Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Metagross (shiny), Camerupt, Sharpedo, Manectric, Latios
First playthroughs
Soul Silver:
Feraligatr
Mightyena(traded a Poochyena from a friend)
Ampharos
Raikou
Lugia
Some other Pokemon I forgot about

White:(I actually srarted planning my teams during pre release starting with it)
Emboar
Gigalith
Unfezant
Zebstrika
Krookodile
Galvantula

White 2:
Samurott
Ampharos
Arcanine
Zoroark
Braviary
Roserade

Y:
Greninja
Talonflame
Aegislash
Tyrantrum
Trevenant
Heliolisk
Nuzlockes that I can remember
Y final team:
Chesnaught
Lucario
Tyrantrum
Slowbro
Scizor
Bisharp
Honorable mentions:
Azumarill, Staraptor and Sandslash

Omega Ruby:(no deaths)
Sceptile
Mightyena
Hariyama
Camerupt
Banette
Skarmory

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Did anyone else not like Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire?
I didn't like Hoenn as a kid for some reason. After playing Gen 1 and Gen 2 the Gen 3 games sort of drove me off from Pokemon for a bit sans Fire Red/Leaf Green until I got back in the series with Pokemon Diamond.

It wasn't until 2012 when I started to warm on the Hoenn games and like them somewhat. Still not one of my favorite regions but it's okay I guess.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We all appear to mostly like Pokémon to some degree...

What about it appeals to you? Is it the battling? Collecting? Exploring?

Personally, I'm big on the discovery through experimentation. It's always fun to find out what works for you in battle.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Personally, I'm big on the discovery through experimentation. It's always fun to find out what works for you in battle.
I'm a fan of both the exploration and the battling. There's something about the adventure that always appeals to me with each Pokemon game. I guess it has to do with the region and the exciting places it offers.

I also enjoy the battles in Pokemon games because they are fun and require good thinking and strategy. I never raised too many Pokemon for competitive, though that might change with Sun and Moon's release now that they are making IVs even more accessible thanks to Hyper Training.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

There's a lot of things that goes in to my like for the series.

I guess the biggest thing is to lore of the series and the atmosphere of the PKMN universe that makes me like the series. Even more so the anime which I don't really like that much but love how all the cities and places look like. It just looks incredible and it's a place I would love to live in.

Another big part is nostalgia I guess given that I liked this series since 1999 so it's been around for pretty much my whole life. Battling is fun though I don't like how it kept on getting more complicated as time passed by.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sonce I'll be Nuzlocking SM, I'm not planning on any team, though since I've liked most of the new Pokemon, I'll be using a "only new Pokemon" clause to use as many of them as possibld

First playthroughs
Soul Silver:
Feraligatr
Mightyena(traded a Poochyena from a friend)
Ampharos
Raikou
Lugia
Some other Pokemon I forgot about

White:(I actually srarted planning my teams during pre release starting with it)
Emboar
Gigalith
Unfezant
Zebstrika
Krookodile
Galvantula

White 2:
Samurott
Ampharos
Arcanine
Zoroark
Braviary
Roserade

Y:
Greninja
Talonflame
Aegislash
Tyrantrum
Trevenant
Heliolisk
Nuzlockes that I can remember
Y final team:
Chesnaught
Lucario
Tyrantrum
Slowbro
Scizor
Bisharp
Honorable mentions:
Azumarill, Staraptor and Sandslash

Omega Ruby:(no deaths)
Sceptile
Mightyena
Hariyama
Camerupt
Banette
Skarmory
I never really thought it was good to Nuzlocke a game when you haven't played it before since, at least to me, it takes away from the initial experience of the game...

You can only play a game for the first time once, I'd rather just casually have fun with a game then have to worry about grinding or whether or not my favourite team member will die in my next battle...for subsequent playthroughs is a different story cuz now I take the time learn more about the game and other pokemon and sometimes giving myself those self imposed challenges like nuzlockes and monotype runs...

I'm a fan of bestiaries of some kind...being able to explore and find all sorts of creatures and animals in the world around me...when I was a kid I did a whole lot of bird-watching, I liked studying various field guides for birds in my area so that I could identify them when I saw them and going to local conservation areas to see if I could find some new never before seen species...I always found some sort of thrill whenever I saw a bird or animal I've never seen before, often times they were birds of prey as they aren't nearly as prevalent as other bird species...
Pokemon gave me a similar feeling within a game...wandering around in the tall grass or caves and seeing a rare pokemon appear before you...when IRL I either marked it on a checklist, took a picture or tried to draw it which was similar to having it added to a pokedex and trying to catch it....on top of that being able to evolve the pokemon to see how it will grow...still remember the days playing Ruby when I stumbled into a Bagon for the first time in the depths of meteor falls...

Both Zelda and Metroid fulfill something similar especially the Primes, on my first playthrough for those games I was just scanning everything, 'what's that? Whats this? What's that thing? Oh that's cool!' Then spending hours reading the data and lore on everything...there's just something so exhilarating about this in games...

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

While pretty much everything about Pokémon appeals to me, I think just the thought of running through a world of (mostly) awesome creatures and befriending them by far is the most appealing aspect.

:094:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I'd say it's a little bit of everything for me.

I like seeing what mons they create and explore their possibilities through battles and more, while as exploring the region and game's content. Seeing how the game develops is another thing I like, but Black and White is imo the most developed so I really enjoyed it. Trading and all the other features they each gen make it enjoyable and offer new things for me to do while playying the games, which I always like the Pokemon Games.

D

Deleted member

I never really thought it was good to Nuzlocke a game when you haven't played it before since, at least to me, it takes away from the initial experience of the game...

You can only play a game for the first time once, I'd rather just casually have fun with a game then have to worry about grinding or whether or not my favourite team member will die in my next battle...for subsequent playthroughs is a different story cuz now I take the time learn more about the game and other pokemon and sometimes giving myself those self imposed challenges like nuzlockes and monotype runs...

I'm a fan of bestiaries of some kind...being able to explore and find all sorts of creatures and animals in the world around me...when I was a kid I did a whole lot of bird-watching, I liked studying various field guides for birds in my area so that I could identify them when I saw them and going to local conservation areas to see if I could find some new never before seen species...I always found some sort of thrill whenever I saw a bird or animal I've never seen before, often times they were birds of prey as they aren't nearly as prevalent as other bird species...
Pokemon gave me a similar feeling within a game...wandering around in the tall grass or caves and seeing a rare pokemon appear before you...when IRL I either marked it on a checklist, took a picture or tried to draw it which was similar to having it added to a pokedex and trying to catch it....on top of that being able to evolve the pokemon to see how it will grow...still remember the days playing Ru y when I stumbled into a Bagon for the first time in the depths of meteor falls...
Nuzlocking SM blind can only happen once too
Nuzlockes are how I most enjoy Pokemon games now, I just don't find any fun or challenge from playing it normally anymore
And I also want to not be able to prepare to whatever bull**** the game throws at me, basically, I think I'm a masochist

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nuzlocking SM blind can only happen once too
Nuzlockes are how I most enjoy Pokemon games now, I just don't find any fun or challenge from playing it normally anymore
And I also want to not be able to prepare to whatever bull**** the game throws at me, basically, I think I'm a masochist
I suppose that makes sense as well...that's just my preference though...when playing blind I'm not looking for janky bs...on the same post you quoted I explain what I enjoy about pokemon and thats what I like doing on my first playthroughs I usually try to find and capture as many pokemon as possible and whichever ones I decided beforehand or those that get my attention I'll add to my team that I stick with for the entire playthrough...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just realized that next year will mark the 30th anniversary of Metal Gear...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

I don't even want Konami to do anything for the anniversary. Which is good... Cause they probably won't...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
An idea ocours. With the rumors of the NX being a hybrid we may get our first "main" console RPG since XD: Gale of Darkness soon. What sould be cool is if they revisited Kanto but did it in HD.

Though sticking to formula and doing Sinnoh on 3DS would be good too.

Chrono.

>Leto Joker's screentime is only about 6 minutes

Well ****, looks like I'll watch the movie after all. :happysheep:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just realized that next year will mark the 30th anniversary of Metal Gear...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

I don't even want Konami to do anything for the anniversary. Which is good... Cause they probably won't...
Here's hoping for the 30th anniversary pachinko machine!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

So they already showed about 90% of the Joker in the trailers already? With so little screentime they were better off either showing just a teaser or nothing at all and leave it as a surprise...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So they already showed about 90% of the Joker in the trailers already? With so little screentime they were better off either showing just a teaser or nothing at all and leave it as a surprise...
These are the same guys that put Doomsday in the second trailer for Batman vs Superman. I'm not surprised they pulled this.

And lo and behold, Suicide Squad is getting hammered by reviews so far.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Woooo. I'm gonna have a new car pretty soon

Something wrong with Leto?
Nobody was a fan of the... "damaged" Joker when he was first shown.

These are the same guys that put Doomsday in the second trailer for Batman vs Superman. I'm not surprised they pulled this.

And lo and behold, Suicide Squad is getting hammered by reviews so far.

I'm glad I haven't watched any of the trailers now.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I have a question: what Pokemon have you guys used in past games' teams?

I have used these:
Diamond: Torterra, Gyarados, Crobat, Steelix, Weavile, Drapion

HeartGold: Feraligatr, Pidgeot, Nidoking, Arbok, Magneton, Red Gyarados

White (first game where I actually planned my team): Emboar, Krookodile, Leavanny, Braviary, Carracosta, Zekrom

Black 2: Serperior, Krookodile, Galvantula, Golduck, Magmar, Skarmory

Y: Chesnaught, Charizard, Malamar, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Dragalge

Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Metagross (shiny), Camerupt, Sharpedo, Manectric, Latios
Going off of memory:
Blue: Blastoise, Articuno, Jolteon
Crystal: Feraligatr, Ampharos, Lugia, Espeon
Emerald: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Manectric, Salamence, Rayquaza (?)
Platinum: Torterra, Garchomp, Rampardos, Luxray, Staraptor, Lucario
Soulsilver: Feraligatr, Ampharos, Yanmega, Nidoking, Espeon, Mamoswine (?)
White: Serperior, Haxorus, Scolipede, Chandelure, Stoutland, Krookodile
Black 2: Samurott, Arcanine, Haxorus, Lucario, Ampharos, Crobat
Y: Greninja, Pyroar, Heliolisk, Tyrantrum, Noivern, Aegislash
ORAS: Sceptile, Manectric, Salamence, Gallade, Sharpedo, Armaldo

I did play some of the other games, but I have a harder time remembering their teams then even Blue's. I'm not sure on Rayquaza or Mamoswime as the last slot was a blur for those games, though I'm inclined to think I did use Rayquaza as back then I was more lenient on my Legendary use and it was level 70 (after that, the only time I remember using one was Giratina for random fun, and Zekrom for the N battle). White I did use Galvantula and Rufflet temporarily, but I dropped the former since it overlapped with a few of my other Pokémon in role while Rufflet evolved too late, so I stuck with my current team.

In terms of Sun and Moon:
-Litten (I will stand by my kitty, no matter what happens! He's just getting an Everstone.)
-Rockruff
-Salandit (May get switched out if another Pokémon catches my interest)
-Oricario (Ghost/Flying form)

PSA

In Birhtright chapter 11 if you don't do anything the entire enemy army will attcack at once and you WILL be surrounded by a few hundred wyvern and Pegasus

Time to see how much Takumi, Corrin, Azura and Oboro can DODGE

EDIT 0. 0 is the amount of times they can dodge
:061:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
PSA

In Birhtright chapter 11 if you don't do anything the entire enemy army will attcack at once and you WILL be surrounded by a few hundred wyvern and Pegasus

On Hard, correct?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
DC's first mistake was building their extended universe on a Zack Snyder movie. Their second mistake was bringing him back. And their third mistake was rushing the hell out of the movies.

I don't know if DC remembers but it took 4 years and 5 movies before the Avengers assembled. Man of Steel is extremely divisive. Batman V Superman freaking sucks. Suicide Squad isn't doing so hot. And I can already tell that Justice League isn't going to be all that good. It's going to be a rushed cluster **** of Batman running around telling people to join his club. Which isn't how it should be. At all.

First of all it shouldn't be Batman in the first place. Or Batman alone. Martian Manhunter should be in there recruiting too. Secondly, people know almost nothing of these characters origins. Is Aquaman a mermaid? Is Flash a part of an experiment? How the hell did Cyborg get half his body blown to hell? Where the hell is Green Lantern? Nobody knows! It's OK to do this with Spider-man cause there's plenty of movies you can watch to see his origin. And by now you probably already have. Black Panther was OK too because it told his Origin in just a few lines of dialogue and a death. It was easy to understand.

All in all you can tell that all DC is trying to do at this point is beat Marvel to the punch. Justice League will come out a year before Infinity War. Wonder Woman is going to be the female led movie before a Marvel movie does it. They're using Marvel's schedule to make sure that their movies are 'first'. Which is dumb. Am I the only one that noticed?

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To be honest out of all of the upcoming DC movies, Wonder Woman's the only one that has really caught my interest....

Which is strange considering she's one of the Justice League members I care the least about, after Aquaman (who's also proving to be a more interesting character compared to the others)...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Exploring and finding out all the Pokémon. I like to go in blind, and Gen VII is the first time I'm paying attention to the Pokémon that are shown before release.

Battling is fun too, but I'm not really competitive.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
DC's first mistake was building their extended universe on a Zack Snyder movie. Their second mistake was bringing him back. And their third mistake was rushing the hell out of the movies.

I don't know if DC remembers but it took 4 years and 5 movies before the Avengers assembled. Man of Steel is extremely divisive. Batman V Superman freaking sucks. Suicide Squad isn't doing so hot. And I can already tell that Justice League isn't going to be all that good. It's going to be a rushed cluster **** of Batman running around telling people to join his club. Which isn't how it should be. At all.

First of all it shouldn't be Batman in the first place. Or Batman alone. Martian Manhunter should be in there recruiting too. Secondly, people know almost nothing of these characters origins. Is Aquaman a mermaid? Is Flash a part of an experiment? How the hell did Cyborg get half his body blown to hell? Where the hell is Green Lantern? Nobody knows! It's OK to do this with Spider-man cause there's plenty of movies you can watch to see his origin. And by now you probably already have. Black Panther was OK too because it told his Origin in just a few lines of dialogue and a death. It was easy to understand.

All in all you can tell that all DC is trying to do at this point is beat Marvel to the punch. Justice League will come out a year before Infinity War. Wonder Woman is going to be the female led movie before a Marvel movie does it. They're using Marvel's schedule to make sure that their movies are 'first'. Which is dumb. Am I the only one that noticed?
Let's not forget killing Superman but not really.
That just takes away all sense of danger in the DCEU. On top of that a Death of Superman story shouldn't be done until the Universe is built up so there's an actual impact to be had both in universe and with the audience.

D

Deleted member

PSA

EDIT 0. 0 is the amount of times they can dodge
Hide inside the tempests, flyers can barely move on them so you can just aggro them to it and do hit-and-run tactics

Also, you want to wait for the enemy that drops Snake Spirit to show up, and that takes a while

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is it possible to see a morally flexible detective instead of Trump in that pokemon...?

Probably not anymore. :facepalm:
I haven't found any other artwork of Gumshoos as Gumshoe, except for the one I made.

Everyone seems to like the Trump jokes more. Oh well.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I've heard he's the best part of the movie. Literally, maybe, the only good part of the movie. What you on about?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So apparently the Telltale Batman game is having major issues on Steam.

As if Arkham Knight wasn't bad enough.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm done with pokemon Go

After a long time of gathering Nidoran M again, I evolved trying to get a second Nidoking because the first wasn't very good

This second one was even worse

Fury Cutter and Megahorn

It took me a long time to gather 125 nidoran candies. And... To get a random result just throws me off

I don't like dedicated that amount of time to a random result. Maybe if I could get that many nidoran in a couple days. But it took more than a week

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just sorted out most of my luggage for the weekend in London.

Since my friend said he doesn't really have anything to get signed, I'm bringing 6 things to get signed (you can get 3 things signed per round).

I could potentially get extra signatures if I meet one of the guests in the hotel or something. Though I'm not sure I'd want to do that. I'd probably get a quick photo taken instead, if I did see someone in the lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom