• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The X & Y leaker got the secondary types of Chesnaught Y Greninja backwards but was right about everything else.
There were other details it got wrong, such as there being two professors (one that gave you the Kalos starter, one that gave you the Kanto Starter and their Mega Stone) and your friendly rival giving you the final form of their starter as opposed to the first form.

Like I said, legit leak, some mixed up details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I honestly kinda like Litten's evo. The concept of it being a heel wrestler is interesting to me.

My main concern was that it was going to be another goddamn Fire/Fighting type, and luckily that doesn't seem to be the case.
Aren't wrestlers (regardless of specific type) typically fighters? Wouldn't that make Litten's final evolution Fire/Fighting? I mean, there's arguably a chance it could be Fire/Dark, which could make sense since heel wrestlers are described as villains from my research just now. :p

Last edited:

Chrono.

After looking at them more, the final evolutions ain't so bad.

...Still hoping the split evolution rumor is true though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It still feels weird to see that Alolan Vulpix & Sandshrew live in a snowy area when we're talking about of a region based a chain of TROPICAL islands.

But snowy/icy areas are pretty much required in every Pokémon game so whatever.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Looks like everyone's favorite type combination is coming back exclusively in Pokemon Sun and Moon! :)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Aren't wrestlers (regardless of specific type) typically fighters? Wouldn't that make Litten's final evolution Fire/Fighting? I mean, there's arguably Fire/Dark, which could make sense since heel wrestlers are described as villains from my research just now. :p
Looks like everyone's favorite type combination is coming back exclusively in Pokemon Sun and Moon! :)
One of the leaks detailing the starter final forms gave a name and typing.

Fukuroh - Grass/Flying, Tora - Fire/Dark, and Aniku - Water/Fairy.

Could you care of explaining more in details with this rumor is or send a link? I've never heard of it.
There's... two major parts, as I've heard.
One is that you can teach Rockruff howl and leave it overnight at a specific cliff, one in each of the 4 islands, which will make it evolve into one of 4 subspecies of the evolution. Each with their own typing and movepools but in one slot. Akin to Wormadam and Meowstick.

It closed with saying that, similarly, the starter evos have a second "Form" depending if the evolutin is at day or night.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, Lays is doing that flavor contest again

And they actually produced a chip through it I REALLY like

"Indian Tikka Masala" flavor

It's the ONLY chip in the entire contest they've ever produced that I like

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Aren't wrestlers (regardless of specific type) typically fighters? Wouldn't that make Litten's final evolution Fire/Fighting? I mean, there's arguably a chance it could be Fire/Dark, which could make sense since heel wrestlers are described as villains from my research just now. :p
Well, yeah.

It could still learn Fighting-type moves, it just wouldn't actually be a Fighting type.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one who like the Fire/Fighting final starter evolutions, even if they are cliche at this point?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm actually going to change to team Popplio

I'm considering having Lurantis as my grass type since it's based on one of my favorite animals, the flower mantis

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ummm......

Something about that leak seems off.....
Ninetales got Ice/Fairy, not Fire/Fairy.
No, the leak is referring to stuff that was revealed today; the Alola Forms.

Because of that, I'm willing to chalk it up as simple mistake, like how the PokeBeach X/Y leaks got some details mixed up yet was still a legitimate leak.
This is what I think happened.

And there is still this leak to that could hold legitimacy.

Screenshot (154).png

It came later but it still holds some interesting truths to it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still curious how Sun & Moon is going to handle the transfer of Green/Red/Blue/Yellow glitches. I still don't think Missingno. is going to be canon but a number of glitches in Generation I were basically cheats too.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Imagine a future update of Pokemon Go that will give us the Alola Pokemon. Ever wonder how Alola Exeggutor would look like when you try to use the Pokemon footprint tracker?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This was the second joke that I promised to share a few hours earlier.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was just thinking about the pre gen 6 types

Pure Electric Magnemite. It was pure electric in gen 1

Hmm...It probably wouldn't keep pure electric upon evolution though

A pure electric magnezone

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Imagine a future update of Pokemon Go that will give us the Alola Pokemon. Ever wonder how Alola Exeggutor would look like when you try to use the Pokemon footprint tracker?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This was the second joke that I promised to share a few hours earlier.
This version of Exeggutor would be exclusive to Hawaii.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The cat sounds like this gen's gimmick Pokemon.
What was the definete Gimmick Pokemon of previous Gens? Only ones that spring to mind for me are Unown, Deerling/Sawsbuck and Chatot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Gumshoo doesn't really look "Fat" to me

Yeah, it doesn't look that fat.
But it doesn't look thin or athletic... so fat fits more imo.

Hmmm looking at this Pokemon again... I think the leak should say incredibly ugly and hairy.
I think 'fat' was used in comparison to Yungoos...
I'd say it's fat, but it could be how one views it. In comparison to Yungoose it would definitely be fat as it's doubled in weight width, and adds a little more to that. Either way, it predicted the bird, which is a pretty good one, as is alola forms as there was only one other leak that was forgotten before this one and Alola forms were laughed off by everyone and deemed very unlikely. Either way it's worth considering.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The Alola forms are really what sell both the July 4th and 15th leaks since it's something so bizzare and out of nowhere that everyone immediately dismissed it as crap. The fact that such a specific detail was guessed gives them a lot of credit and strengthens their likelihood (especially with the July 4th one stating that it changes shape, color, height, weight, etc., which is confirmed on the main site by those like Exeggutor).

There is the possibility that they're fake, but with how much the latter leak got right and the specific details both got right, I'm more inclined to believe they're legitimate.

Last edited:

Chrono.

What was the definete Gimmick Pokemon of previous Gens? Only ones that spring to mind for me are Unown, Deerling/Sawsbuck and Chatot.
Gen 1: Ditto
Gen 2: Unown
Gen 3: Plusle/Minun
Gen 4: Chatot
Gen 5: Deerling
Gen 6: Furfrou

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think it's a relevant time to post @Delzethin's video on the leaked starters again:

As he explains in the video, Litten could end up being dark/fire.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's a relevant time to post @Delzethin's video on the leaked starters again:

As he explains in the video, Litten could end up being dark/fire.
I believe it's going to be Fire/Dark as well

But it still has the theme of fighting, which is making me turned off from it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I played some LEGO Lord of the Rings with my sister today. Pretty fun.

Now I just really want Sonic to come out for LEGO Dimensions.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
BTW, if there are any Fire Emblem fans here, there's a new translation patch for Tearring Saga in open beta at the moment.

(For those not in the know, Tearring Saga was a PS1 game made by the creator of Fire Emblem after he left Intelligent Systems. It's very similar to FE, and definitely worth checking out.)

Burruni

Smash Hero
BTW, if there are any Fire Emblem fans here, there's a new translation patch for Tearring Saga in open beta at the moment.

(For those not in the know, Tearring Saga was a PS1 game made by the creator of Fire Emblem after he left Intelligent Systems. It's very similar to FE, and definitely worth checking out.)
It's so similar to FE that Nintendo sued his ass for this and he couldn't make a sequel*

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
"Very similar"

Yeah...

Brown haired Marth for Smash NX.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's so similar to FE that Nintendo sued his *** for this and he couldn't make a sequel*
Actually, I think Nintendo lost that one, as he made a sequel called Berwick Saga and today is now making Vestaria Saga. And alongside that, I think he's also making something called Strategy RPGMaker.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually, I think Nintendo lost that one, as he made a sequel called Berwick Saga and today is now making Vestaria Saga. And alongside that, I think he's also making something called Strategy RPGMaker.
...My bad.
Whoops.
Still.
It was similar enough that Nintendo took him to court.

Chrono.

I heard good things about this.

Funnily enough, I've mostly heard about it from bitter FE fans.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's so similar to FE that Nintendo sued his *** for this and he couldn't make a sequel*
It was actually even more similar originally.

http://serenesforest.net/general/emblem-saga/

Kaga wanted the game to be set in the same universe as the other FE games, and even wanted to include characters like Xane from FE1 in the game.
Berwick Saga is actually quite a different beast altogether, with things like a hexagon-based grid system and (IIRC) a completely restructured turn system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom