• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

Although that does say his heads, not his neck
I'm willing to believe a 10-year old wouldn't care about the difference
Popplio's fully evolved form is a mermaid waifu. AKA, trap. That's why you choose him, don't deny it :p
I was on #TeamPopplio since he was revealed, his final evolution is only the natural progression of the universe due to my choice
Also, him being Water/Fairy hurts me because I still have regrets of when I let my Azumarill die in my first Nuzlocke, he was the MVP

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm willing to believe a 10-year old wouldn't care about the difference

I was on #TeamPopplio since he was revealed, his final evolution is only the natural progression of the universe due to my choice
Also, him being Water/Fairy hurts me because I still have regrets of when I let my Azumarill die in my first Nuzlocke, he was the MVP
The Azumarril was resurrected by Arceus for you

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think it's safe to say Alolan Vulpix won't evolve by Fire Stone (Sandshrew's & Exeggcute's evolution method might stay the same though).

What do think will trigger it?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So Delta Species in are in the main games...sort of.

Kinda salty over Sceptile not having a unique type combination, but it was still the first Grass/Dragon nonetheless.

And Exeggutor of all things being part Dragon is hilarious.

----

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic Boom Fire & Ice
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Either Matpat or Undertale is the devil
Also @Zoroarking knows about SM. Why ELSE would the 'muh traps' guy pick Popplio? I demand to know more Zor!
Undertale turned the pope into a Tumblrette

Chrono.

I'm playing F-Zero GX right now and I kinda realize how it's a lot easier than Mario Kart in terms of that you can afford to screw up more.

It helps that the rubberbanding is nowhere near as bad.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They just doled out the Summer of Sonic tickets, and I got mine.

It's so close. I'm actually just a tiny bit nervous since this is my first time going abroad that isn't with family or school.

It's a shame that I can't seem to find anyone who wants my spare vacancy though. That's still open, if anyone is interested.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Azura got an upgrade:

And this is a interesting theory:

Was Yungoose brought in to hunt down Alola Rattata?

D

Deleted member

To be honest, most of the Judgement redesigns were mediocre. I can get that the character design is done by Death Note's artist, but that doesn't excuse why the characters look like rejects from that manga. At least the Pokemon GO designs were more original and didn't resemble preexisting Fire Emblem characters (well except for Spark).

Simon is Light Yagami in BDSM gear, Maria is a Loli version of Misa Amane, the Grant above is just L as a zombie pirate, Death became a rejected Shinigami design, and so on. For me, Judgement is easily one of the worst Castlevania games in existentce with a broken system for a fighter.
If i had to compare Judgement to other video games, it would be Crossover games like Hyrule Warriors. That game features redesigns or minor visual modifications of classic characters, but are done in a much better way.
Hell i prefer some of the redesigns over the original designs (Marin).

Not only that, but HW offer costumes of classic designs of said characters (80's Link or Ocarina of Time Ganondorf), which is something i welcome, regardless if it is DLC or Unlockable in-game (i prefer the latter though). Some other games do the same thing, like Klassic Scorpion in MK 2011 or Classic Cecil Harvey in Dissidia.

I probably wouldn't be so damn upset about the redesigns of characters like Simon if they got a "classic" alternate costume for them, even though that wouldn't still take the fact that i dislike almost every character design in Judgement (except Aeon, but he is an orignal character so............yeah).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Chrono. Chrono.

Did you play through the mission where you have to go at a certain speed limit and save Jody Summers? That mission was a pain in the ass in F-Zero GX and I can see why people think GX is the hardest in the series.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Not counting Alola forms.
Alola Dex Known Count (Official): 31
Alola Dex Known Count (Unofficial): 35, with the three final stage evos and at least the NAME of Marshadow.

D

Deleted member

The more I think about it the more I like fhe idea of Alola forms
Giving old Pokemon new designs without messing up the balance
So.
Not counting Alola forms.
Alola Dex Known Count (Official): 31
Alola Dex Known Count (Unofficial): 35, with the three final stage evos and at least the NAME of Marshadow.
Or, you know, at least 38 because the starters have a middle evolution too

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So wait... There is a possibility the final evolutions for all three starters are based off a (put in a spoiler box just in-case people want to be surprised at all. I wouldn't be surprised if these were official):
Archer, Wrestler, and Siren?

If so, Rowlet has a freaking amazing final evolution, Litten's final evolution is pretty cool, and Popplio's final evolution is well... ok in my eyes. I'm just not sure how it could transform into an entirely different form like that, being a sea lion.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Chrono. Chrono.

Did you play through the mission where you have to go at a certain speed limit and save Jody Summers? That mission was a pain in the *** in F-Zero GX and I can see why people think GX is the hardest in the series.
I'm just talking Grand Prix.

I know the Story Mode is... difficult. Haven't played it yet though.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The more I think about it the more I like fhe idea of Alola forms
Giving old Pokemon new designs without messing up the balance

Or, you know, at least 38 because the starters have a middle evolution too
I was meaning that we know the design and/or name for like, cemented. Not the "range."
We don't know the real name or look for the mid stages.

So wait... There is a possibility the final evolutions for all three starters are based off a (put in a spoiler box just in-case people want to be surprised):
Archer, Wrestler, and Siren?

If so, Rowlet has a freaking amazing final evolution, Litten's final evolution is pretty cool, and Popplio's final evolution is well... ok in my eyes. I'm just not sure how it could transform into an entirely different form like that, being a sea lion.
Basically confirmed. Girl to the side of the Litten Evo is the Grass type captain who was only seen TODAY.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I was meaning that we know the design and/or name for like, cemented. No

Basically confirmed. Girl to the side of the Litten Evo is the Grass type captain who was only seen TODAY.
I see. In that case, what will people think of Popplio's final evolution then? Like I said, it's not a bad design, but it seems to hint that it might be a mostly female ratio rather then male ratio for Popplio (which would be a first for a water type starter if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I see. In that case, what will people think of Popplio's final evolution then? Like I said, it's not a bad design, but it seems to hint that it might be a mostly female ratio rather then male ratio of Popplio (which would be a first for any starter).
Not really. The Delphox line is very feminine yet has the same 75/25 male ratio

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Not really. The Delphox line is very feminine yet has the same 75/25 male ratio
Oh really now? I suppose this might end up being a similar case in a way.

And I meant to say that it was for water type starters; I just realized that Fennekin and its evolution line was an example.

I see. In that case, what will people think of Popplio's final evolution then?
The general opinion is pretty split (some think it's awesome some think it's ****)

I personally think it's ****ing amazing and easily my favorite of the 3, which is impressive when their is such stiff competition from the other 2 starters.
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Azura got an upgrade:

And this is a interesting theory:

Was Yungoose brought in to hunt down Alola Rattata?
Ummm......

Something about that leak seems off.....
Ninetales got Ice/Fairy, not Fire/Fairy.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Ummm......

Something about that leak seems off.....
Ninetales got Ice/Fairy, not Fire/Fairy.
Perhaps it was referring to Ninetales itself, not the Alolan Form, would get upgraded to a Fire/Fairy type? It does make sense if you think about it.

I could be very wrong on that (in-fact, I could very well be wrong), but maybe that's what the person behind the information was trying to say?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Perhaps it was referring to Ninetales itself, not the Alolan Form, would get upgraded to a Fire/Fairy type? It does make sense if you think about it.
I could be wrong on that, but maybe that's what the person behind the information was trying to say?
No, the leak is referring to stuff that was revealed today; the Alola Forms.

Because of that, I'm willing to chalk it up as simple mistake, like how the PokeBeach X/Y leaks got some details mixed up yet was still a legitimate leak.

D

Deleted member

I like Popplio's evolution tbh, it looks ****ing fabulous. While it does look a little weird, I'm sure it'll look better in the official art

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am immediately switching to team Rowlet, that Litten evo is disgusting

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Because of that, I'm willing to chalk it up as simple mistake, like how the PokeBeach X/Y leaks got some details mixed up yet was still a legitimate leak.
I think it's impressive in itself they got the alola forms correct in the first place

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

The X & Y leaker got the secondary types of Chesnaught & Greninja backwards but was right about everything else.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I honestly kinda like Litten's evo. The concept of it being a heel wrestler is interesting to me.

My main concern was that it was going to be another goddamn Fire/Fighting type, and luckily that doesn't seem to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom