• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fairy and Dragon I can understand, but beyond balance issues, I can't think of a reason for Ice to resist Ghost. There should at least be some degree of logic behind it.

But then again, Fairy and Bug.
If a ghost would phase through you, you'd feel a chilling cold? That's something I heard from old folklore
Fairies are nymphs, which are also kinds of bugs

D

Deleted member

Well that was a rather tall bit of news.
Heh, I get it...
Fairy and Dragon I can understand, but beyond balance issues, I can't think of a reason for Ice to resist Ghost. There should at least be some degree of logic behind it.

But then again, Fairy and Bug.
Bug resists Fighting
Pretty sure that punching a Bug would kill it
These games never made any sense to begin with

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Why does my job ALWAYS gives me the longest shift on the days of Pokémon news???

Anywho, thoughts time:
  • Alolan forms: So basically the Delta Species idea from the Trading Card Game back in Generation III (I actually experimented on this idea years ago)? Pretty cool! I wonder if Alolan Vulpix still evolves by Fire Stone (probably not)?
  • Gumshoos - Is Donald Trump on board with the Sun & Moon team or something?
  • Mudbray - Yay! A donkey!
  • Formantis & Lurantis - Nothing exciting.
  • Minior - Outside the form changing & typing, it makes me think of a star version of Solrock & Lunatone.
  • Oricorio - Pretty cool idea and more Flying typings.
  • Z-Moves - So the fan theory of a 5th move is legit? Neat. Kickass move animations!
And leaks confirmed. Reminds me of Generation VI times...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Really wish we would've gotten Z-Moves instead of Mega Evolutions.

I liked Mega evos, but they did more harm than good for the most part.

Giving us alternate typing Pokemon and a Desperation Attack is just more interesting, to me at least.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I would be less concerned about Ice Sandshrew's typing if it wasn't stated to be slow and bulky on the main site. As Aurorus and Avalugg will tell you, being bulky with a number of common weaknesses is deadly since all of the defense in the world won't stop you from getting KO'd by a Close Combat to the face.

But in general, I feel that's the problem in general with Ice types. It's basically a glass cannon typing in terms of offensive and defensive abilities, yet most of its Pokémon are bulky for some reason.

Also, while on this topic, remove Fairy's Bug resistance. Who the **** thought it was a good idea to NERF Bug? 7 Types that resist it is not okay
I'm still a bit bitter about that, Gen 4 and 5 made an effort to actually make some viable Bug types, and then Gen 6 made it take another step back by adding yet another type that resist it. It doesn't even make sense from a balancing perspective since Bug was a poor offensive typing even before then, unlike Dragon.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why does my job ALWAYS gives me the longest shift on the days of Pokémon news???

Anywho, thoughts time:
  • Alolan forms: So basically the Delta Species idea from the Trading Card Game back in Generation III (I actually experimented on this idea years ago)? Pretty cool! I wonder if Alolan Vulpix still evolves by Fire Stone (probably not)?
  • Gumgoos - Is Donald Trump on board with the Sun & Moon team or something?
  • Mudbray - Yay! A donkey!
  • Formantis & Lurantis - Nothing exciting.
  • Minior - Outside the form changing & typing, it makes me think of a star version of Solrock & Lunatone.
  • Oricorio - Pretty cool idea and more Flying typings
  • Z-Moves - So the fan theory of a 5th move is legit? Neat. Kickass move animations!
And leaks confirmed. Reminds me of Generation VI times...
Nah, Gen 6 wasn't the same. The leak I remember was an in-game screenshot and people were denying it down to the bitter end, Fotoforensics and all. Gen 5 might have been closer considering I think that was an art leak but I don't really remember how it went down with that one.

2016 seems to be the year that people actually decide to believe every Nintendo leak handed to them. Not sure why, must be the news drought. Granted that's actually kind of panned out considering a lot of the few leaks we are getting are winners, but the NX 3D printed controller stands out as an exception that still seemed to be wholeheartedly accepted as truth.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I realize Snowshrew and Iceslash are going to kind of suck

But I'm going to use them anyway because Iceslash just looks awesome

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
8 Captains and 4 Kahunas...

8 Gym Leaders and the Elite 4.
This would make a lot of sense.

The first island seems to have no trial captain, but Hala and a totem.

second is where all the ones we learned about live.

third would be where the other 4 are.

4th is the legendary island which seems mostly uninhabited and unlikely to hold any.

And if the guardians do become the Elite 4, the fight could be tough. Everyone would had a legendary, maybe a mega, and probably psuedo's. But I'm up for a difficulty increase. Give them 6 pokemon at least this time GF!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Schnee117 Schnee117 thinks we're getting Marowak Blaze, AKA Ghost Rider
I only meant the GR comparison in terms of the head possibly having flames around it. The theme is more likely to be based on fire dancing granted they would still be close enough to Marowak being a bit like Ghost Rider anyway considering there's headdresses that are on fire and whether or not they make the Bone into a Devil Stick.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Found a pretty good Exeggutor Alola Forme joke just now.

I guess I really liked this one because of the Fate/Stay Night reference. I also found another good Alola Exeggutor joke, but I think I'll wait for a bit.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alolan Pokemon look really interesting...

Considering how some real Hawaiian animals are variations of other species from the mainland, I think it's a genius idea to capture the essence of the real world inspiration for the region.

When I visited Hawaii, it felt so foreign, yet nostalgic in an uncanny way. Hopefully Sun/Moon can capture the same feeling.

D

Deleted member

Tallggutor really already existed
FB_IMG_1470081979142.jpg

We just didn't want to accept it
Sonic Boom Fire & Ice
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Either Matpat or Undertale is the devil
Also @Zoroarking knows about SM. Why ELSE would the 'muh traps' guy pick Popplio? I demand to know more Zor!
SM? Do you mean Sun and Moon? I don't get what you mean
But I'm picking Popllio because the little guy has /sass/
FB_IMG_1462895714107.jpg

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom