• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Neat! The concept of calling Pokemon to perform various tasks sounds interesting.

Now I won't have to worry about being stuck with a move for a Pokemon that really doesn't need it. Although admittingly Surf is a really good move to use despite being an HM.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, hopefully it'll return as TM.
Yeah.

My hope with HM's gone is that TM's essentially become the new HM's in a sense that they can be used an infinite amount of times like HM's are. That way I won't have to worry about using a TM early or something.

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD
I ALREADY LOVE THIS GAME
I literally yelled on the inside today because I had to teach my Tyranitar Rock Climb in HeartGold today in order to get to Red. That is serious bull**** right there. I mean honestly HGSS were amazing games but the fact they were so HM heavy is one of my few problems with this game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They have been like that since Gen V.
Oh yeah I forgot lol. Gen V was the first Gen that took measures in to fixing the HM's issue by making Cut not necessary to know for the main game and other things.

It is going to feel weird not having HM's given that i've been playing the series since Gen 1 but hey it's a welcome change to make gameplay more convenient and whatnot.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
To be honest, I hope the ice forms of Sandshrew/Vulpix and Sandslash/Ninetales actually get original names since "Alolan <insertnamehere>" just seems generic and weird.

Some ideas:

* Iceshrew and Iceslash for Sandshrew/Sandslash, respectively.

* Frostpix and Fairytales for Vulpix/Ninetales, respectively.

Oh yeah I forgot lol. Gen V was the first Gen that took measures in to fixing the HM's issue by making Cut not necessary to know for the main game and other things.
Indeed. It also dropped the amount of HMs from eight to six.

It is going to feel weird not having HM's given that i've been playing the series since Gen 1 but hey it's a welcome change to make gameplay more convenient and whatnot.
Yeah, it'll be weird (but great) when one of Pokemon series' biggest flaws is gone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just unbelievably happy we have Pokemon based off the flower mantis and the bird of paradise. :D

Also Alolan Exeggutor is the best thing.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't mind not having to force a move onto my Pokemon's moveset but I did want to ride around on my Pokemon.

I hope next generation they give you the option to ride on your own Pokemon without an HM. I want to go across the seas on my Water type. Borrowing Pokemon in XY didn't feel any fun.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, I hope the ice forms of Sandshrew/Vulpix and Sandslash/Ninetales actually get original names since "Alolan <insertnamehere>" just seems generic and weird.

Some ideas:

* Iceshrew and Iceslash for Sandshrew/Sandslash, respectively.

* Frostpix and Fairytales for Vulpix/Ninetales, respectively.
It's even weirder in Japanese as Sandshrew's name is simply "Sand".

Chrono.

Ice type is so bad that even giving it the 2nd best defensive typing in the game as a dual type doesn't save it @ Sandslash.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else feel the alola forms are a sign this gen is going to have less pokemon?

Also I'm 100% convinced at this point there is no new megas
I don't mind it if it does happen, at least they'll come with new typings and movesets
I just hope Fly, Surf and Waterfall become TMs
Fly is the most reliable Flying move in the maingame and Surf and Waterfall are the most consistent STAB Water moves for special and physical attackers, respectively

Actually, Cut was literally the ONLY HM required in BW

Chrono.

This is why Ice needs buffs BADLY. I can imagine Sandslash Alola getting a few useful Ice moves like Ice Shard and Icicle Crash, and Ice Steel has similarities to Aggron's typing matchup
How would you even buff it though?

Unless you start adding new types, it doesn't feel like you could make Ice type better without screwing over another type...

But maybe I'm missing something.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ice type is so bad that even giving it the 2nd best defensive typing in the game as a dual type doesn't save it @ Sandslash.
Plus x4 to Fighting

Atleast Ice/Fairy for Ninetails is great since fighting type moves won't do major damage to it and having some help against various other Pokemon.

Plus Ninetails is now a Dragon Killer

Chrono.

Plus x4 to Fighting

Atleast Ice/Fairy for Ninetails is great since fighting type moves won't do major damage to it and having some help against various other Pokemon.

Plus Ninetails is now a Dragon Killer
If only it was JUST pure Steel, then it could be usable.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, as far as having less new Pokemon goes, there's already tons of people whining "There's too many Pokemon I can't catch them all Pokemon is ruined!," so I can see why they would do it.

As far as Ice goes the fact that Pokemon I like tend to be that typing just reinforces that I am doomed to love everything that others reject.

The same goes for Litten, which despite the owl likely ending in another Greninja situation I will likely continue to stick with it the same way I did with Delphox.

Except in this case I'll get a type advantage against all the Pokemon online and hilarity will thus ensue.

Heck, the Ice types will have an advantage against Rowlet too.

Niche perks. :ness:

D

Deleted member

When will people stop thinking a 4x weakness automatically makes a Pokemon bad?

Unless you start adding new types, it doesn't feel like you could make Ice type better without screwing over another type...

Give it resistances to Ghost, Fairy and/or Dragon
There are way too few types that resist these.
Fairy is overpowered due to being recent, Ghost completely overshadows Dark and an immunity didn't hurt Dragon that much

Also, while on this topic, remove Fairy's Bug resistance. Who the **** thought it was a good idea to NERF Bug? 7 Types that resist it is not okay

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

A third typing

No seriously. Having a triple typing like Fire/Grass/Water would be insane especially considering that type combo's only weakness is Flying

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Fairy is overpowered due to being recent, Ghost completely overshadows Dark and an immunity didn't hurt Dragon that much

Also, while on this topic, remove Fairy's Bug resistance. Who the **** thought it was a good idea to NERF Bug? 7 Types that resist it is not okay
It depends on what the weakness is. Fighting and Fire moves are rather common on teams, so that's a bad thing for Coldsteel, yet Mega Swampert doesn't care about it's Grass weakness because it isn't nearly as common
A third typing

No seriously. Having a triple typing like Fire/Grass/Water would be insane especially considering that type combo's only weakness is Flying
POISON FAM

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

but having a 4x weakness makes the Pokemon automatically unviable in any situation...
:149::248:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also. . . I feel like I said something before we had any real info on Sun and Moon about them maybe stockpiling the amount of time they had to reveal everything and then getting out info every couple of weeks so people would get new news as soon as the hype at the old news wore off and the hype train would be kept chugging along consistently.

Looks like the idea was correct and they actually are doing that.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well that was a rather tall bit of news.

Am I the only one slightly bothered by all the ice type forms popping up in a tropical region?
You'd think a Vuplix would be right at home in the tropics, this isn't the arctic.

Edit:
If Vulpix evolves into Nintetails via Fire Stone, how will Coolpix evolve into Icetails, new stone?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Fairy and Dragon I can understand, but beyond balance issues, I can't think of a reason for Ice to resist Ghost. There should at least be some degree of logic behind it.

But then again, Fairy and Bug.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys,how could you not @me about this ninetails news!This is crazy, i wanted a mega ninetails but this is 100x times better.Look at that design,oh man and that typing!Its def on my team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom