• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So since we were talking about Smash DLC not too long ago it made me think about the DLC roster and the type of inclusions for said characters.

Veterans: :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:

Third Party Legends: :4ryu::4cloud:

Advertisements: :4corrin:

Fan-Voted Characters: :4bayonetta:

Is it safe to say that these are the only 4 types of DLC we're going to see if a future Smash Bros game has DLC? Particularly the first 2 mixed in with the later 2. Reason for saying this is that we all clamored for a Nintendo newcomer as DLC before the December Direct but we never got that sans Corrin who was added for the sole purpose of advertisement. What i'm thinking is that should DLC be implemented in another Smash Bros game it will most likely be third party heavy with a few vets added in with 1 advertisement and 1 fan-voted character added in.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So since we were talking about Smash DLC not too long ago it made me think about the DLC roster and the type of inclusions for said characters.

Is it safe to say that these are the only 4 types of DLC we're going to see if a future Smash Bros game has DLC? Particularly the first 2 mixed in with the later 2. Reason for saying this is that we all clamored for a Nintendo newcomer as DLC before the December Direct but we never got that sans Corrin who was added for the sole purpose of advertisement. What i'm thinking is that should DLC be implemented in another Smash Bros game it will most likely be third party heavy with a few vets added in with 1 advertisement and 1 fan-voted character added in.
This is just putting more rules onto something that clearly has no rules to begin with...For the most part a lot of the decisions made are based on what Sakurai and the company thought to be interesting inclusions/popular with fans, with the exception of Corrin who was added for other reasons...Other than that we can't really create specific categories and expect the team to follow suit...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So im gonna make a question that nobody will answer me.

If you had to put a Castlevania character in Smash, who do you think is the best choice from an "iconic" standpoint? (as in, who is the most recognizable and important character in the series)

Like for example, Cloud is the most well known FF protagonist, up to the point that fans put him alongside Link when it comes to famous gaming Swordsmen, or how Classic Mega Man is the most iconic character of the Mega Man franchise and the one people remember the most.
Simon Belmont

He may not be "recent" but he's always "relevant" to the Castlevania series. And the younger generations of gamers will know who is Simon Belmont after they play the NES Classic Edition.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is just putting more rules onto something that clearly has no rules to begin with...For the most part a lot of the decisions made are based on what Sakurai and the company thought to be interesting inclusions/popular with fans, with the exception of Corrin who was added for other reasons...Other than that we can't really create specific categories and expect the team to follow suit...
When did I say that these were concrete rules let alone rules at all? I just said this is the structure of how DLC characters were added and I honestly don't see that changing come the next Smash Bros game.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When did I say that these were concrete rules let alone rules at all? I just said this is the structure of how DLC characters were added and I honestly don't see that changing come the next Smash Bros game.
Except there was no structure for how these characters were chosen...Each character was chosen based on different criteria (except for Roy and Lucas as they were both added for being 'particularly popular veterans from past games')

If DLC comes around next time for all we know we'll get a whole bunch of particularly popular Nintendo characters with no third party additions or veterans...

There were particular things Sakurai and the team were looking for when they were deciding on DLC...for example, he decided he wanted a character from Final Fantasy and Cloud was the go to choice, while he also wanted to add a character from an upcoming title and he went with Corrin, as well as adding a character from the Smash Ballot which ended up being Bayonetta...Mewtwo was added due to overwhelming demand from fans...

Point being, looking to fill particular quotas isn't what the Smash team is about when it comes to character picking, as it's case by case depending on the character they choose...the obligation they really had was adding a Smash Ballot character since they announced it several months earlier for the purpose of adding a DLC character...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Except there was no structure for how these characters were chosen...Each character was chosen based on different criteria (except for Roy and Lucas as they were both added for being 'particularly popular veterans from past games')

If DLC comes around next time for all we know we'll get a whole bunch of particularly popular Nintendo characters with no third party additions or veterans...

There were particular things Sakurai and the team were looking for when they were deciding on DLC...for example, he decided he wanted a character from Final Fantasy and Cloud was the go to choice, while he also wanted to add a character from an upcoming title and he went with Corrin, as well as adding a character from the Smash Ballot which ended up being Bayonetta...Mewtwo was added due to overwhelming demand from fans...

Point being, looking to fill particular quotas isn't what the Smash team is about when it comes to character picking, as it's case by case depending on the character they choose...
Well like I said it's a case of i'll believe it when I see it. The fact that their was no Nintendo characters as DLC that weren't veterans or advertisements is a big indicator that it's unlikely to happen but hey this is something i'll gladly be wrong if it's not the case.

Chrono.

I started playing this fan game called Pokemon Rejuvenation cause I heard it was good and man what is it with these fan games feeling like they came straight outta Hot Topic.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I wouldn't say there's no rules in getting into Smash, especially since Sakurai's outlined a few, (main characters before lesser characters, no transformations from here on out,) but any pattern found with the DLC is most likely coincidence. Yeah, he probably wanted characters that could sell, so no weird Duck Hunts or WFTs, but besides that it's largely the "normal" rules.

The normal rules, IMO at least, largely boil down to movesets since that's usually what he talks about the most. Like Villager and Pac-Man and how he "struggled to come up with something" and probably something about tone in Brawl but that's a different topic or Mac where he "tried really hard" to make something beyond A: Punch Ftilt: Big Punch Fsmash: Bigger Punch.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Can we not go down that road again

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks like my pokemon Go updated

So, I'm probably going to have all the sucky things people have been talking about

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

That there is the ONLY problem I have with Corrin. That's all. Instead of giving us someone everyone would either love or be familiar with at least. We got Corrin. To make a bit more money. That's a TERRIBLE reason to add a character. Especially for DLC which is directed at the more hardcore Smash fans. Don't get me wrong I love Corrin. I love that he's in the game. But the REASON he's in the game pisses me off. Bad.

This ain't PlayStation All-stars Battle Royale, Nintendo/Sakurai! If you're going to advertise a game, at least do it with a series that hasn't already had a DLC character. I think Roy was advertisement enough, honestly.

Edit: Disclaimer~ I absolutely adore Fire Emblem. All of them. I still think it's incredibly ridiculous to add a character into Smash just to make a few more dollars for one game. A game that was going to make a ton anyways.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nothing like listening to a jazzy credits song after slaying like the pop star I am. Glad the final boss was no scrub that can be easily gimped like Kagatsuchi.

Medeus in Tokyo Mirage Sessions is basically his Fire Emblem counterpart on steroids literally and figuratively. His only weaknesses being Spears, Ice, Wyrmslayer, and Axes were fitting enough because Pokemon. His spamming of Almighty attacks only made the fight a chore at first since you need to focus on healing everyone and using Naga's Blessing to be immune at times. Also, Tsubasa's Debut Smile was the perfect buff/healing skill I really needed to last all the way to the final stretch with his face busted open. Kiria was definitely the right choice over Touma since his fire absorption was not enough to survive his worst attacks. Overall, it was tense and challenging, just how I like my SMT boss fights. And getting the true ending where Itsuki becomes the new director of Fortuna Entertainment was worth it with all the time I've spent into the game.

This game is truly a hidden gem that will be probably overlooked within the next few years. Huge shame too, it definitely could have bode well from better marketing (Seriously, DJ Master Seal was the worst) and maybe less alienation of the many people that wanted to support it.
No lie, I seriously want TMS music in the next Smash Bros. Give Me, Reincarnation, Smile Smile, Raindrop Memories, whatever. Anything of that caliber would be freaking awesome.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gen 1: Ditto
Gen 2: Unown
Gen 3: Plusle/Minun
Gen 4: Chatot
Gen 5: Deerling
Gen 6: Furfrou
Funny how after all this time I've just accepted Ditto. I guess after it became the love machine in gen 2 it was a useful rather than a cheap gimmick

Burruni

Smash Hero
Y'know.
At this point, my teams are largely handled for Alola.

(Sun)
Litten
Mimikyu
Snowslash
Minior
Lurantis
Wimpod ?

(Moon)
Rowlett
Frostails
Rockruff
???
???
???

I have a question: what Pokemon have you guys used in past games' teams?

I have used these:
Diamond: Torterra, Gyarados, Crobat, Steelix, Weavile, Drapion

HeartGold: Feraligatr, Pidgeot, Nidoking, Arbok, Magneton, Red Gyarados

White (first game where I actually planned my team): Emboar, Krookodile, Leavanny, Braviary, Carracosta, Zekrom

Black 2: Serperior, Krookodile, Galvantula, Golduck, Magmar, Skarmory

Y: Chesnaught, Charizard, Malamar, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Dragalge

Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Metagross (shiny), Camerupt, Sharpedo, Manectric, Latios

D

Deleted member

I have used these:

White (first game where I actually planned my team): Emboar, Krookodile, Leavanny, Braviary, Carracosta, Zekrom

Mine:

Platinum: Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Floatzel, Lucario

HeartGold: Feraligatr, Ampharos, Crobat, Tyranitar, Arcanine, Victreebel

I had other teams but I'm currently playing through most of the games again and I'm using different teams for each one, though most of these changes are minor.
I'm currently playing through Black and my planned team consists of Samurott, Chandelure, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Galvantula and Archeops (Because I can't get a Deino until Victory Road and it will be a pain to level up)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I have used these:

My teams literally change all the time in a lot of my playthroughs...but for the most part...

Red: Charizard/Arcanine, Fearow/Pidgeot, Blastoise/Gyarados, Exeggutor, Nidoking, Jolteon/Electabuzz

Blue: Charizard/Blastoise, Fearow/Pidgeot, Ninetales/Poliwrath, Victreebel, Nidoking, Snorlax

If I can get him Alakazam will make his way on my R/B teams, but most of the time I have no one to trade with so I almost never use him...:(

Yellow: Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Machamp, Whoever else I feel like maybe Hypno....this is why I don't like playing yellow...

Crystal: Typhlosion, :215:, Skarmory, Poliwrath/Quagsire, Heracross, Victreebel (Nidoking often finds his way on my team in crystal as well, perhaps instead of Poliwrath as my surfer) If I pick Feraligatr, I'll use Arcanine...I had a playthough once where I managed to get both Alakazam and Scizor since I had a buddy who helped me out...

Ruby: Sceptile, Aggron, Swellow/Salamence, Banette/Dusclops, Sharpedo/Crawdaunt/Relicanth/Wailord (I usually use two water types in Gen III because of 3 water HMs)

Platinum: Torterra, Staraptor, Garchomp, Weavile, Gastrodon, Houndoom

Black: Serperior, Haxorus, Darmanitan, Jellicent, Excadrill, Galvantula

Y: Greninja, Talonflame/Salamence/Noivern, Tyrantrum/Haxorus, Sableye, Heracross, One of many available megas

remakes are generally the same as the original...except
Alpha Sapphire: Mega Sceptile, Sableye, Salamence, Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, Aggron

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

I have used these:

I've used... plenty of teams across the earlier gens due to replaying.
So going gen 4 onwards...
Diamond: Torterra, Weavile, Staraptor, Rapidash, Gastrodon, Heracross
Pearl: Empoleon, Lucario, Cherrim, Mismagius, Garchomp, Luxray
Platinum: Infernape, Gyrados, Drifblim, Roserade, Drapion, Lickilicky

Heart Gold: Typhlosion, Alakazam, Corsola, Umbreon, Raichu, Dragonite
Soul Silver: Feraligatr, Tyranitar, Gengar, Lanturn, MAMOSWINEEE, Scizor

White: Samurott, Galvantula, Reuniclus, Vanilleuxe, Chandellure, Unfezan
Black: Emboar, Lilligant (traded from white), Beartic, Gollurk, Bisharp, Carracosta

White 2: Serperior, Jellicent, Magnezone, Darmanitan, Archeops, Zoroark
Black 2: Emboar, Swanna, Espeon, Raichu (my carried line), Flygon, Sawsbuck.

X: Greninja, Charizard, Gardevoir, Gogoat, Helioptile, Aigislash
Y: Delphox, Blastoise, Pangoro, Gorgeist, Aurorus, Florges
"Z": Chesnaught, Venusaur, Raichu, Dodrio, Alakazam, Scrafty. It was an awkward runback through Y.

OR: Marshtomp, Breloom, Armaldo, Mawile, Zangoose, CosPika
AS: Sceptile, Flygon, Azumarill, Gallade, Exploud, Banette.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I have used these:

Fire Red: Blastoise, Arcanine, Alakazam, Gengar, Dragonite, Snorlax

Emerald: Sceptile, Milotic, Aggron, Gardevoir, Skarmory, Flygon

Diamond: Empoleon, Staraptor, Garchomp, Lucario, Crobat, Dialga

Soul Silver: Feraligatr, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Espeon, Pidgeot, Lugia

White: Samurott, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Excadrill, Chandelure, Zekrom

White 2: Emboar, Lucario, Crobat, Metagross, Zoroark, Flygon

Y: Greninja, Blaziken, Venusaur, Aegislash, Yveltal, Noivern

AS: Sceptile, Gallade, Metagross, Kyogre, Slaking, Salamence

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I have used these:

I have played gen !-III way too many times so no point in writing them all down here.

Pearl: Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Golem, Staraptor, Luxray
Platinum: Torterra, Glaceon, Houndoom, Floatzel, Bastiodon, Staraptor

HeartGold: Espeon, Typhlosion, Mamoswine, Lanturn, Togekiss, Sunflora

Black: Serperior, Zebstrika, Krookodile, Darmanitan, Seismitoad, Gothitelle
Black 2: Serperior, Swoobat, Cofagrigus, Magmortar, Golduck, Eelektross

Y: Chesnaught, Dragalge, Sylveon, Tyrantrum, Talonflame, Aegislash

AlphaSapphire: Sceptile, Altaria, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Shedinja, Exploud

When I start a new game, I always try to use Pokémon I never used before introduced in that gen. With the exclusion of the starters as I almost always choose Grass.

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Am I the only one who like the Fire/Fighting final starter evolutions, even if they are cIliche at this point?
I like em.

I like this one

I like this one

I....I'm meh about this one. the shiny form looks cool though.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who like the Fire/Fighting final starter evolutions, even if they are cliche at this point?
I like Blaziken, despite it being my least favorite Hoenn starter.
Infernape is my actually my favorite Sinnoh starter.
Emboar is... Okay. I like it better than Serperior, but that's not really saying much. I'm going to pick it on my White 2 playthrough mostly so that I'll have a different team.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I have used these:

From all the games I played:

Ruby: I've done multiple playthroughs with different teams each time, but the one I remember the most was Swampert, Gardevoir, Swellow, Manectric, Hariyama, and Wailord

FireRed: Blastoise, Pidgeot, Raichu, and the other three I don't remember.

Emerald: Multiple playthroughs yet again, but the team I remember the most was Swampert, Gardevoir, Hariyama, Skarmory, Raichu, and a fifth member I don't remember

Diamond: Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Floatzel, Roserade, and the 6th Pokemon I forgot

Pearl: Don't remember the team at all

Platinum: Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Roserade, Gallade, Garchomp

SoulSilver: Feraligatr, Skarmory, Ampharos, and the rest I don't remember

HeartGold: Feraligatr, Ampharos, Lucario (transferred from Platinum), and the rest I don't remember.

Black: Samurott, Unfezant, Zebstrika, Sawk, Krookodile, Haxorus

Y: Greninja, Venasaur, Florges, Gallade, Aegislash, Salamence,

X: Greninja, Charizard, Gallade, Florges, Aegislash, Roserade

OmegaRuby: Swampert, Gallade, Mightyena, Roserade, Shiny Metagross (from the event), Latios

As a bonus, here's my planned team for Sun thus far:

Version 1:
Popplio's final evolution
Pikkipeck's final evolution
Lurantis
Gallade
Mudsdale
6th Pokemon currently unknown

Version 2:
Rowlet's final evolution
Gallade
Mudsdale
The rest I don't know

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My potential team so far

Vikavolt
Lurantis
Snowslash
Mudsdale

--
Salandit/ Evo?
Wimpod Evo?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So apparently there is a glitch in Go, in which when catching a pokemon, it can turn into a different pokemon.

How does that even happen?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So apparently there is a glitch in Go, in which when catching a pokemon, it can turn into a different pokemon.

How does that even happen?
OMG, I'm going to try and catch every weedle I can

Maybe I can get a mewtwo

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I have used these:

Here we go:

Blue:
:009::026::038::103::022::106:

Crystal:
:157::164::181::195::067::093:

Emerald:
Blaziken, Swellow, Mightyena, :130:, Flygon and Solrock

Platinum:
Infernape, Starapador, Luxray, Gallade, Floazel and Roserade

White:
Samurott, Braivery, Scrafty, Galvantula, Darmatian and Druggion

Black 2:
Serperior, Flygon, :055:, Scrafty, :181: and :196:

X:
:4greninja:, Hawlucha, :003:, :4lucario:, Talonflame and :026:

Fire Red:
:006:, :034:, :128:, :131:, :135:,:057:

Heart Gold:
:157::164::181::031::131::214:

Alpha Sapphire:
Blaziken, Swellow, Mancetrike, Lulicolo, Kelcleon

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wish I remembered my Sapphire team. D:

That was the last Pokemon game I played.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I never decide my team this early.

I usually settle on my team during my playthrough depending on which pokémon I think are cool, and the type spread.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

I have used these:

I can only fully remember my Omega Ruby team off hand, which was: Blaziken, Mightyena, Gardevoir, Breloom, Gyarados, and Sandslash. However, I can remember most of my Y team: Greninja, Blastoise, Gengar, Drifblim, and Heracross. I want to say that my last one was Hawlucha though.

... This topic reminds me that I need to plan my Blue team. :p

:009:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only team planning I ever do is see if Ralts is catch-able early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom