• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
NX Wishlist:

New Mario Strikers
Kirby Air Ride 2 (Please)
Spla2n
New IP
Retro Revival (Startropics?)
Smash 4 (New Chars/Stages + 3DS Content)
Nintendo Land sequel
Traditional Mario Party (No car)
Nintendo Vs Capcom (Yeah right)

Of course, I'd be happy with pretty much anything! I'm not very picky.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I know. I agree. It just seems a little unintuitive to have Classic in the game and him not have anything special about him whatsoever.
Well, one of them could play more like Adventure Sonic like the other plays like the Day Stage Sonic. Both are 3D playstyles, but have more than enough differences(Day Stage has the Boost and a lock-on Homing Attack, as well as Parkour. Adventure could have the classic Homing Attack, Bounce Attack, and say, Magic Hand or something like that).

Mind you, I'm guessing it'll have 3D and 2D gameplay too, but that's still a big assumption based upon the trailer alone(not that it's unreasonable, of course).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
JFF...Favourite Pokemon of each type...

Fire-Typhlosion
Water-Crawdaunt
Grass-Torterra
Dragon-Salamence
Flying-Salamence
Normal-Staraptor
Fighting-Heracross
Psychic-Alakazam
Bug-Scizor
Steel-Scizor
Rock-Tyrantrum
Ground-Nidoking
Ghost-Sableye
Electric-Jolteon
Fairy-Gardevoir
Poison-Nidoking
Dark/Ice-Weavile:215:
Might as well...

Normal: Meloetta
Fire: Chandelure
Water: Greninja
Grass: Shaymin (Sky Forme)
Electric: Luxray
Flying: Staraptor
Psychic: Gallade
Fighting: Gallade
Poison: Roserade
Rock: Tyrantrum
Ground: Swampert
Bug: Scizor
Ice: Glaceon
Ghost: Chandelure
Dragon: Dialga
Dark: Greninja
Steel: Aegislash
Fairy: Sylveon

Yeah, some Pokemon appear for two types, but those are Pokemon I happen to like for both of their types.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For anyone who is interested in the new Professor Layton/Inazuma Eleven/Yokai Watch/anything from Level-5.
Their livestream will start in a few minutes so here's a quick Youtube link for those who wish to see it.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Watching this makes me regret not playing in the other splatfests :ohwell:

At least I participated in the last one :p

"#36-37 :
One Piece (Lead Color)
Yakusoku Neverland, Boruto (Color)
Bleach (End, Color)
Nisekoi (End, 25p, Color)"

The Twitter post was right, the ending for next week is good as confirmed. Not only that, but Nisekoi is also going down for real this time.

Whatever new manga that's been around for a few years (especially Boku no Hero Academia) got some big shoes to fill.
Nisekoi is finally ending huh?

What a wild ride. Not surprised at who he picked in the end tho.

On another note, I wonder when we will see this:

'One Piece (End, Lead Color).'

I'd imagine it won't be for a while, but when that time comes, its gonna be surreal man.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
...So who's the mom.
I'm already liking Catoleil Layton, the name of Layton's daughter. She looks adorable and badass!

BTW, here's the trailer for those that missed out.

The new sidekick character is going to be a talking dog, and it's also confirmed that the Lady Layton game will be released on Android devices, iOS devices, and the Nintendo 3DS consoles.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm already liking Catoleil Layton, the name of Layton's daughter. She looks adorable and badass!

BTW, here's the trailer for those that missed out.

The new sidekick character is going to be a talking dog, and it's also confirmed that the Lady Layton game will be released on Android devices, iOS devices, and the Nintendo 3DS consoles.
>Releasing on Android

Sounds good, this game has intrigued me by its trailer alone, so having a it release on a platform readily available to me is a plus on my end.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
that moment when you realize yokai watch is japanese ben10

Edit:SPEAKING OF BEN10 time bokans protag looking like ben 10

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So that's pretty interesting. I'm not sure what I have to make of this yet, so I think I'll probably wait to take it all in before I share my full thoughts on this new Lady Layton game. Although I kinda expected this to happen.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
snack world "we really want to capitlize on amiibo" the game

EDIT
ph wow snack worlds weapons are basically yokai with out the charm or character

EDIT 2
so now they also have not yokai

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Fire-Typhlosion
Water-Crawdaunt
Grass-Torterra
Dragon-Salamence
Flying-Salamence
Normal-Staraptor
Fighting-Heracross
Psychic-Alakazam
Bug-Scizor
Steel-Scizor
Rock-Tyrantrum
Ground-Nidoking
Ghost-Sableye
Electric-Jolteon
Fairy-Gardevoir
Poison-Nidoking

Water was the toughest choice for me btw...it's always a coin flip between Crawdaunt and Sharpedo...
I always love doing these lists.

Fire - Pyroar
Water - Greninja
Grass - Cradily
Dragon - Salamence
Flying - Lugia
Normal - Heliolisk
Fighting - Gallade
Psychic - Lugia
Bug - Escavalier
Steel - Lucario
Rock - Kabutops/Tyrantrum
Ground - Gliscor
Ghost - Froslass
Electric - Zekrom
Fairy - Mawile
Poison - Scolipede
Dark - Hydreigon
Ice - Froslass

Had to cheat a bit with Rock as I like those two about the same, Dragon and Fighting were also a bit harder to narrow down.

D

Deleted member

So here's a question.

What's a character y'all would like to cosplay?
:4robinm:

As I'm far to be called Mr. Cosplay, and how much I'm an indecisive person since I like too many characters to choose only one of them to make a cosplay of, I do feel he is the ideal compromise for me, as he can have any face, any body, and wear a black and purple robe, 2 of my favorite colors.

Fire-Typhlosion
Water-Crawdaunt
Grass-Torterra
Dragon-Salamence
Flying-Salamence
Normal-Staraptor
Fighting-Heracross
Psychic-Alakazam
Bug-Scizor
Steel-Scizor
Rock-Tyrantrum
Ground-Nidoking
Ghost-Sableye
Electric-Jolteon
Fairy-Gardevoir
Poison-Nidoking

Water was the toughest choice for me btw...it's always a coin flip between Crawdaunt and Sharpedo...
Might join as well:

Normal - Snorlax
Fighting - Heracross
Flying - Skarmory
Poison - Roserade
Ground - Krookodile
Rock - Archeops
Bug - Galvantula
Ghost - Mismagius
Steel - Aegislash
Fire - Chandelure
Water - :4greninja:
Grass - Breloom
Electric - Magnezone
Psychic - Espeon
Ice - Mamoswine
Dragon - Haxorus
Dark - Houndoom
Fairy - Gardevoir

Fire-Typhlosion
Water-Crawdaunt
Grass-Torterra
Dragon-Salamence
Flying-Salamence
Normal-Staraptor
Fighting-Heracross
Psychic-Alakazam
Bug-Scizor
Steel-Scizor
Rock-Tyrantrum
Ground-Nidoking
Ghost-Sableye
Electric-Jolteon
Fairy-Gardevoir
Poison-Nidoking

----

As for cosplays I feel like I'd pull off a decent Ganondorf:4ganondorf:...My Smash buddies say I do decent impressions of him as well...
Grass-Torterra
Fire-Charizard
Water-Gyarados and Feraligatr (I couldn't decide)
Electric-Zekrom
Bug-Galvantula
Ice-Glalie
Psychic-Malamar
Ghost-Gengar
Poison-Arbok
Rock-Tyrantrum
Ground-Krookodile
Fighting-Chesnaught
Normal-Snorlax
Flying-Crobat
Dragon-Garchomp
Dark-Drapion
Steel-Aegislash
Fairy-Wigglytuff

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
oh heres soccer the game getting a new thing
EDIT
soccer the game escaping old time line because soccer was too terrible that even yokai watchs massive popularity couldnt save it with the 2 times it crossed over
EDIT2
soccer the game iontroduces armband that doubles as watch for the real world
Nice its about time level 5 made something with a watch in it :troll:
EDIT3
new series is donut earth power rangers with trading card weapons

is it me or are level 5 REALLY one note as of late

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Team Valor confirmed for the best team.

Nerf Vaporeon.
team instinct for better team were not 4X weak to rock and were supper effective to the other teams something neither team can boast

Last edited:

Chrono.

team instinct for better team were not 4X weak to rock and were supper effective to the other teams something neither team can boast
Hey don't look at me I'm Team Instinct.

...Not sure why I even chose teams as I don't challenge gyms.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay level 5 instead of teaming up with bandai to make this actually cool robot game with an overly large card reader why dont you team up with capcom to bring back battle network with an less overly large net navi battle chip reader

Chrono.

Anyone here know a good place where I can find Sonic Generations mods, like some sort of database?

Because I'm pretty tired of having to go through Youtube videos.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Team Valor confirmed for the best team.

Nerf Vaporeon.
Well duh. Not surprised at all.

Team Valor and Instinct are what most of the hardcore players choose.
I'm #TeamMystic because the blue bird looked the nicest.....and we are making a comback in my area in terms of gyms. it's not valor vs instinct anymore, it's valor vs mystic right now.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having Classic Sonic in the game at all? I think they will end up doing 2D sections for Classic Sonic. I just can't see any other reason they would even bother putting him in the game.

Show off pics.

Well it doesn't change the fact that he specifically used the boost in the trailer, which I don't think was for show. Classic Sonic not being able to boost was actually a plot point in Generations so him being able to do it is a big deal.

Also, he's in the game because this was likely the planned Anniversary game at some stage, and Classic Sonic sells. You should see the crowd reaction to him popping up.I'm the trailer.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As someone who doesn't play Go, y'all are dumb as **** for not picking Zapdos' team, Zapdos is objectively the best out of them in terms of viability
As someone who plays Go.

No.

CP is really all that matters and since Moltres has the highest, its the best.

D

Deleted member

As someone who doesn't play Go, y'all are dumb as **** for not picking Zapdos' team, Zapdos is objectively the best out of them in terms of viability
Except Pokémon GO's meta is not the same as the mainline games apparently.

And speaking of which, I'm consoling myself to not have a recent enough Android phone to run it by saying that, the day I'll receive a more recent one, most of the problems like the servers' ones will get solved and Pokémon from the following generations will be added, which will enhance even more my pleasure of discovery.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Except Pokémon GO's meta is not the same as the mainline games apparently.

And speaking of which, I'm consoling myself to not have a recent enough Android phone to run it by saying that, the day I'll receive a more recent one, most of the problems like the servers' ones will get solved and Pokémon from the following generations will be added, which will enhance even more my pleasure of discovery.
on the bright side most people will have given up by then meaning youll have easy coins from gyms

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"#36-37 :
One Piece (Lead Color)
Yakusoku Neverland, Boruto (Color)
Bleach (End, Color)
Nisekoi (End, 25p, Color)"

The Twitter post was right, the ending for next week is good as confirmed. Not only that, but Nisekoi is also going down for real this time.

Whatever new manga that's been around for a few years (especially Boku no Hero Academia) got some big shoes to fill.
After Naruto, Bleach ends.

In other words, pretty much every long-running Shounen Jump manga has ended by now.´

Except One Piece, which would pretty much put all long-running manga to shame if JoJo's or Detective Conan didn't exist.

I want to cosplay Tingle so bad.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
After Naruto, Bleach ends.

In other words, pretty much every long-running Shounen Jump manga has ended by now.´

Except One Piece, which would pretty much put all long-running manga to shame if JoJo's or Detective Conan didn't exist.

and go figure dragon ball and berserk have risen from the depths in this time

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think this strawpoll is way overdue....

Team Valor's the only right answer...:146:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>thinking about a competitive meta gama in a super simple mobile game that barely requires any player input in battles, and in a game that still barely functions

I know Nintendo fans want to be taken seriously by making everything "SUPRE HARECUR COPTIVE BOIS" but this is a bit much.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If someone told me I'd be doing this in a Smash game one day... I'd laugh them off. And yet as I see this in front of my eyes, it evokes a very special feeling within me.

Screenshot from 2016-07-27 19:12:36.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Saw the Lady Layton trailer.

Doesn't look bad, but it doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Not a fan of the idea of the talking dog, and the butler idea.

I mean as far as I'm concerned, the Professor's story is finished since they don't want to make any more games with him. While the puzzles will be fine, the puzzles are admittedly not the main reason I play Layton. They're fun but they're also just puzzles taken from other things and concepts, like puzzle books and the like, so on their own they're not enough reason for me to go out and buy the game. And the context of the game wrapped around the puzzles is just not gripping me like past games did.

I'll watch the English trailer if that ever comes out, but I never even finished Layton Bros. And that game did have a context that interested me more. I can see what they mean by wanting to make a game that is tailoured towards a female audience, and there is nothing wrong with that, but I doubt I would enjoy this as much as the Professor's own saga, and I will likely have far too many games to be playing/things to be doing by the time it's out anyway.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have mixed feelings about the new Layton game as well. I'll probably need to see more of it first and see if any older characters I like return first before I invest in it. I mean I suppose there are always the puzzles for me to enjoy as always, but even those only last for so long, and with the original mind behind the puzzles, Akira Tago, having passed away earlier this year, I'm not sure if they will be as good as the previous games.....

Eitherway, I will continue to support Hershel for Smash though and I hope that this new trilogy can at least carry the series on for a while longer.....

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Lady Layton looks interesting.

The story seems to be a bit smaller in scope, which is fine, but some of the puzzles shown really interest me. I feel like some of the later Layton games lost a little of the puzzle difficulty, so seeing what looks to be complex solutions gets me hyped.

Can't wait to try it. :colorful:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm interested in Lady Layton (rather odd name, though). I'll miss the voice actors and the cast of the Prof. Layton games, but I hope we see other characters return, especially Luke and Flora.

I'll let the new cast grow on me, and I like that it is on Android. That will make it more affordable and easier to get.

About the characters themselves, I don't mind the talking dog and the other talking animals, and if his personality is any indication he might become a favourite of mine in fact. We'll see how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom