• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Have they leaked anything from Nintendo before?

Well, that's not a leak, that's an interview. That doesn't tell me what their record is in getting information under the table, although they did a fine job getting some over it in that case.

I probably sound a bit annoying to everyone right now but I'm clueless as to the average leak source and I want to make sure everything's golden before I accept something unannounced as near-fact.
It's not a leak, but they were the first to get that news out, which is impressive.

Eurogamer are one of the most respectable journalists out there, as far as the big time sites go. They would not put this story out if they didn't have some heavy information to back it up.

I doubt everything about this leak will come to fruition. But I think it's mostly on the money. Using Tegra technology actually makes a lot of sense for what the NX wants to do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's what we call a "mutiny".

Konami confirmed to be a pirate ship?
Next Metal Gear confirmed to be like Assassin's creed and go back to Pirate times?

Pirate Snake?

:p

But A pirate Snake could be an interesting design.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Next Metal Gear confirmed to be like Assassin's creed and go back to Pirate times?

Pirate Snake?

:p

But A pirate Snake could be an interesting design.
Old Snake is already half way there.

Make him younger, keep the mustache, and give him the pirate outfit and he's there.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Ok, I dunno if anyone's noticed this, but some pokemon in pokemon go have a blue background

What does that mean? Do the pokemon with blue backgrounds have a higher potential?

I haven't heard anyone talk about this
It's the ones you caught that day.
Tomorrow those same pokemon will not have the blue anymore.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
NX Wishlist (That avoids stuff that will for sure happen)

A legitimately new 2D Mario
Wario World 2 (with Waluigi as a second playable character plz)
Mario Strikers 3
3D Kirby
DKC with K. Rool returning
2D Metroid
Pokemon Warriors (never gonna happen but this has the potential to be ****ing awesome)

:094:
liked for poke warriors idea.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's not a leak, but they were the first to get that news out, which is impressive.

Eurogamer are one of the most respectable journalists out there, as far as the big time sites go. They would not put this story out if they didn't have some heavy information to back it up.

I doubt everything about this leak will come to fruition. But I think it's mostly on the money. Using Tegra technology actually makes a lot of sense for what the NX wants to do.
Well I guess I'm just the last to know, then. It's awfully confusing when everyone else already knows the context behind a situation and I can't figure out why everyone else is so confident.

I still wonder what other leaks they've done besides the competitors' iterative consoles, just to get a more complete picture of what they've done before.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah I'm supposed to talk about the NX.

Not gonna be too keen on the console if it is exactly as described in the leaks, so I hope some things have changed by the time it comes out. In any case, I think it would be better to market it as a 3DS successor than a Wii U successor, looking at the direction the console seems to be going in.

As far as wishlist goes, not including confirmed games:

-Smash NX
-Sonic Mania
-A game that uses amiibo well besides Smash
-Super Mario Galaxy 3 (or at least a 3D Mario within the first year - and if they do that, just let Rosalina be the star of a game that borrows aspects from Galaxy but still does it's own thing, some time in the future)
-New 2D Mario with a 2D artstyle and multiple characters with unique stats and abilities (basically 3D World in 2D)
-New game from an IP we haven't seen in a while (Metroid, F-Zero, etc)
-Splatoon sequel or a port with continued support
-New IP
-Emblem Warriors or Mushroom Kingdom Warriors

A decent amount from this list within the first year would make me happy.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm not saying my NX "launch window" wants for three reasons.
1) I'm waiting to see anything about the damn console.
2) Most of my wants are honestly fairly niche.
3) I've done it too much already.

I... hope the rumor's false, just because I'm damn sick of leaks, I DON'T WANT A HANDHELD THAT CAN'T FIT IN MY POCKET, and the raw fear of battery life. The damn gamepad just working on display and synch dies in like 3 hours in playing a game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Come to think of it, it's strange Sonic Mania isn't on mobile at all.

It's great that Taxman and co. are getting to make a console Sonic release again but I definitely wouldn't mind a version of Mania in my pocket as well as the console/PC version. I hope it comes out later or something.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm not confident the controllers on the screen is a good idea. Seems a little flimsy.

But I'm sure Satoru "Drop it and see if it works" Iwata would have made sure it could take some damage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I knew you were, but your post still said "he's turned into a pretty boy lately", despite the fact that his latest appearance was the 3DS Lords of Shadow game.
Fair point.

I forgot about those games, as Judgment was the last one I knew of. Anyway, I think this design works well. >.>

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is a great idea for a mod.

http://gamebanana.com/skins/147755

I heavily considered getting this. It's pretty great. I did download the forest maze stage though. Not the one in the pic though.

It's cool how minor textures can make mods so much more fun and they haven't even done anything major like brawl mods yet. I'm perfectly content with these cool add ons to characters and the games though.

And I guess I'll throw down some NX titles I'd love to see:

-A Mainline Pokemon if the rumor is true

-Mario Galaxy 3 or another innovative Mario like 3d World, or even Sunshine 2

-Another unique pokemon spinoff.

-Luigi's mansion 3

-A new fire Emblem.

-Another unique New Ip like splatoon

-Seeing them Tackle Metroid and/or another Kid Icarus Game would be nice.

-A new donkey Kong. Can I get to play funkey? Although Crankey again would be fun.

-Another Nintendo Warriors game.

-More 3rd party games. Such as a final Fantasy or Street Fighter game on NX. We have Sonic, so others would be nice.

-Another Captain Toad game.

-More Fun spinoffs for Nintendo Franchises.

-Revivals of older ips.

This is just some of my ideas, there is a lot I'd be happy with though. I hope we get to look at a decent amount of NX titles when they reveal it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
All these battery complaints. Do you guys only ever have the things on max brightness? I usually go 5 hours before needing to charge, and that's pretty convenient as most of the time, I'm not home for more than 12 hours
3DS? Has fine battery life.
WiiU Gamepad? Second only to that handheld sega system that took like 16 AA batteries.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, here's my NX wishlist. Somehow I asked the question and it never occurred to me to list what I wanted myself.

Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel
Splat2n
Animal Crossing
Smash 5
A mainline Kirby title

And I suppose since the idea of a hybrid is being entertained, mainline Pokemon. Although as a side note starting Gen 7 right around the time of the NX reveal sounds like a bit of a Gen 5 repeat, so if it is a hybrid then we're probably waiting until at least 2018 and said wait is going to kill us all.

And I have a desire for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game that lets me make my own guild/society/whatever. If there's any game that could really use a custom headquarters for your character, I feel like it's that one.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well this is a disaster.

I asked a girl out and we were going to a DQ.

We both went.

To DQs in different cities.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, she's asking about Friday. So...

I'm not out but I really messed up.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
A bit late, but here's my NX wishlist.

-Grand 3D Mario (Something big in scope)

-New Donkey Kong (would prefer 3D, but 2D would be good as well)

-Kid Icarus Uprising sequel

-Splat2n

-New IP

-More 3rd party games

-Smash 5

-A new StarFox (Hopefully they haven't given up on the series yet)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just realised LEGO Dimensions isn't on PC, so there goes that plan of me getting it for that.

So I think it would be cool if that came to NX too. If it's announced to come to that before I get the Sonic Pack, then I'll wait and get the game for NX.

D

Deleted member

I watched Finding Dory today
It was really good, I'd say just as good as the original. I never expected them to this sort of Cerebus Retcon with her amnesia though, it was kinda depressing. Also, Hank is definitely best character
All these battery complaints. Do you guys only ever have the things on max brightness? I usually go 5 hours before needing to charge, and that's pretty convenient as most of the time, I'm not home for more than 12 hours
The main problen with the gamepad is that it can't be turned off even when using another controller(which means its battery will be drained even when not using it) and you can't play with the screen turned off(which drains even MORE battery)
Also, it's 100% required in XCX and **** that **** it keeps trying to control the game even when I'm using the Pro Controller and mine keeps pressing down but without it I have no idea where I'm going fml

Went to the boardwalk today. Turned on GO because i was bored.

I FOUND THE SAFARI ZONE!

New pokemon i saw today
:007: :027:<3 :050::066::063::072::077::078::074::075::081::090::102::111::138:

I wasnt able to get squirtke, diglet, tentacool, rapidash, shelder, or exegcute, but i was able to get a few nice additions to my pokedex

plus a few other uncommon pokemon ive seen before like bellsprout and startyu for eggs. Would love if my college or neighborhood was this diverse. . .
:061:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, I played a little bit of GO while I was out today.

Caught :020:.

And also finally caught that GOD DAMN :017: THAT'S BEEN FLOATING AROUND AND ALWAYS ALLUDING ME.

I was only out for a small amount of time so I wasn't playing much but those are pretty good catches, all things considered. Could have maybe got a :042: and some other stuff but my game crashed as I was approaching two lure modules that were next to each other so I couldn't do that as I had places to be.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm pretty sure I found a Jynx nest in my town, right in a Tim's parking lot...caught a Jynx on three separate occasions...

I also have a suspicion I found a Gastly nest since I caught a Gastly and Haunter back to back in one area, but I'll have to make my way back to that area a few more times to see if I find any more hanging out there...if so hello :094:!

Now if only I could find an Abra nest, cuz I need more :065: in my life!!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
todays pokemon go got me 2 dratini....yesterday i missed out on a dragonair

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya im not buying this NX rumor

i dunno maybe the fact ps4 games haven been confirmed for the nx has me not believeing that the nx would be less powerful
than the ps4

Chrono.

ya im not buying this NX rumor

i dunno maybe the fact ps4 games haven been confirmed for the nx has me not believeing that the nx would be less powerful
than the ps4
Just Dance doesn't count.

Kidding, kidding.

I just hope Sonic '17 for the NX doesn't end up being an Unwiished situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom